PC Throttle/traction Fix For Class 66 Etc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Sunscreen, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Hi all,
    Any word on when the fix for this is going to be rolled out? Did a patch land today that Im missing or have I got my dates muddled up..
    Cheers

2. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

"when its done"

3. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

4. Lombra

Lombra Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that's not been said to be included in today's update. (nor any other particular point in time)

5. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Thanks Lombra. Any idea if it has been said anywhere or is it all idle speculation (as usual)?

6. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

Yes, that was confirmed on today's dev stream, no fixes as of yet.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Thanks Jef. I appreciate the info. I missed the dev stream sadly. Luke still missing stations? ;)

8. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

Nearly missed a couple, but managed to stop on all of them this time...

• Like Like x 3
  9. Kuu Lightwing

Kuu Lightwing Active Member

Do we have any estimation? "It's not ready yet, and we don't know when" has gotten old a year ago... And it's not just the traction - sound issues, signalling issues - it's all in this uncertain state.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

Yep, radio silence mode as usual.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kestrel33

Kestrel33 Active Member

Careful, or Luke might call you "cliche". We all know that just cranking out more DLC is the focus right now

12. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

13. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

In all fairness its a strategy that continues to pay out so why not.. of course in the long run we all know that console markets are higher demanding in terms of quality etc, so something is going to have to go right or the gamble might blow up like the proverbial log with a firework in it.. I know Microsoft get a bit twitchy to say the least if a product is released that is shall we say, not quite the polished article so I guess we shall have to watch this space. Its still fundamentally a very good train sim, and with the fixes features etc that everyone is hoping for it has the potential to be right up there.. just my two pennies worth of course- I know nothing about developing software or indeed whether or not theres a hamster powering my pc..

14. Kuu Lightwing

Is it that good of a sim, though? Sure the graphics are very nice, aside from issues with abysmal drawing distance and some scenery being a touch too plain, but the sound isn't very good, the physics is... questionable - even aside traction issues. Signalling issues that aren't fixed in ages, AI trains still use wrong speed limits. No cab sway, no suspension simulation... I don't know.

What's the TSW's selling point aside from good graphics?

• Like Like x 4
  15. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Dunno- I like it though so from my unique perspective that's all that matters ;)

16. Th3Fl4mIng

Th3Fl4mIng Member

Felt like that needed to be answered, starting with the drawing distance; unfortunately it's indeed no eye candy, not even with the available in-game options on ultra. Though this can be modified, (sparing the procedure on how to do it as by now pretty sure everybody knows) leading to a possible, singular, individual optimisation. What I'm missing here is that it wasn't DTG who raised attention on how to do this nor are they involved in spreading this info. The sound; the sound of, assumingly, the rolling stock. No idea about the CSX locos, GWR sound:as far as I can tell atleast halfway accurate to diesel engines, talent 2 sounds totally fine, actually talent 2 differs from variation to variation in addition on some of them their traction motor is dated, making them sound even weirder IRL. Coming onto the ACS-64, since this has a lot to do with german locos I can tell you that this loco would actually had perfect sounds if it had blower sounds. (Of which the devs once said that it wasn't particularly hearable, when they recorded it). Class 47 and 09 have w/o a doubt superb sounds.
    The physics: CSX locos are, hmm.. how to say.. being overhauled, tells about the current state..GWR: class 43 accelerates too fast in notch 1, class 166 reaches barely its 90mph no idea about that being right or now other than that they're fine. Talent 2 had its poor brakes modelled accurately, perhaps a bit too accurately they honsetly feel a bit too weak,nothing big of a deal. ACS-64 is good up until the point above 90mph it has huge problems reaching 125 mph not sure if that's right ? WSR traction/physics are on point imo.
    Signalling issues on RT (and PZB) and perhaps NEC? RT especially, desperately hoping for a fix on release of RSN. DTG have showed that they are in no way forgetting about routes, see NEC - signalling+ATC/ACSES were probably even in a worst shape than RT.
    Personally I don't care about AI trains going a few kph too slow or fast so there's that. Cab sway for me isn't anything I'm actually missing too badly. Atleast not when I think of TSxx cab sway. Might be because the suspension feels great. Yes, suspension for me it's most noticeable in the ACS-64 but it's definitely implemented and feels just right.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kuu Lightwing

I don't know why do you think that this needs answering, but look, you aren't going to convince me when there are better examples out there. Especially not about sounds. GWR sounds are just bad. In the cab or anywhere inside 166 there's no sound period. In Class 43 I can barely can hear the engine among the other background noises. WSR locos aren't very impressive either - for 09 I can't hear the engine behind the whine of the motors. All the sound in general is... I don't know, too compressed maybe? It's too quiet it doesn't have any bass or whatever. When I drive trucks in Spintires, I feel like I'm driving something powerful, and those are like 300-400 hp engines. But when I jump in a cab of TSW Class 43, I don't feel anything. Is that how 2,250hp sounds like?

"I don't really need this, so it's fine" Yeah, it's fine that loco that has max speed of 65 mph goes 79 mph at 50mph segment. Who cares about realism, immersion or that kind of crap. Who cares that class 66 uses MU speed limits on the entire route, even for a player-driven train.

"They didn't forget, they'll fix it". Yea, maybe. Eventually. I completed all the services on CSX HH (also, thanks for broken achievement as well), so I guess when traction is fixed for those locos that'd be totally relevant... probably not. Oh, BTW, remember that DLC with GP40-2? This loco couldn't even complete some of the the services it's assigned on because somebody messed up the stats and it can't climb the Sand Patch.

• Like Like x 3
  18. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

The Class 166 has to have, by far, the worst sounds in the game. It is virtually silent when sitting in passenger view and has that generic motion sound because the devs probably couldn’t record the real sounds.

Fair enough if they couldn’t, but by saying that the sounds were recorded from a real Class 166, and then to have these sounds in the game is an insult.

Even the exterior sounds are off. As soon as the train accelerates you can tell it’s not right. The only bit they got decent is when the train is idling.

If you go on YouTube, there are various videos of the Class 166 so go and compare the sounds of these to the game and notice the difference...

• Like Like x 3
  19. Th3Fl4mIng

Th3Fl4mIng Member

Alright what I forgot to mention regarding the sounds is they are way too silent, even on maxed. But again it's not like there's no way of changing this too. I am not sure you know how to do it?! Otherwise I wouldn't know why you are complaining this bad about it. Thousands of guides out there, tired of writing it down yet again..
    Personally I have doubled and tripled all the sounds values, except the main menu and music volume. And with that the sounds are very much fine for me.
    Have literally not lost a word about the class 66 as I have only played it a few hours long time ago. But honestly, aren't there more important things to work on than AI speed limits? I sure do think so.

"If you go on YouTube.." plenty of videos about the class 166 accelerating and it's close enough for me.
    Generally I think it's no fun using YT as a flagship of examples. Sure you can compare the both and if it sounds somewhat similar, good enough. No doubt sounds are important but are you going let you ruin your in-game experience, cause a YT video and TSW sounds didn't match to 100%?

• Like Like x 1
  20. londonmidland

Yes, getting the sounds right of a train I am driving is quite important, actually. Especially when you travel on them in real life and it does not sound remotely like the real thing.

Why do you think there are sound and enhancement packs for TSXX? Because simply the default sounds are so poor.

This is a Simulator, not an arcade game, so I expect realistic sounds.

“Train Sim World uses real-world data to accurately replicate the performance, sounds and feel of real trains.”

• Like Like x 2
  21. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Thread derailed. This is about the throttle/traction fix. Try and keep it relevant gents, or feel free to start another thread although theres plenty on the various sound fixes available ;)

• Like Like x 2
  22. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

You can increase the volume to over 100%, by going to the engine.ini file.

23. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

It's made in the GameUserSettings.ini not the engine.ini.

• Like Like x 2
  24. SD40Australia-Daniel

SD40Australia-Daniel Member

What was wrong with the 166? Acceleration too fast?

I noticed primarily the braking in notch 3 was way too quick. Even electric trains can't brake that effectively, like a car!

Hope that gets fixed.

Cheers

SD40Australia-Daniel

25. SD40Australia-Daniel

SD40Australia-Daniel Member

I will check the sounds but I am fairly confident that they are not as bad as you say.

SD40Australia

26. Kuu Lightwing

Just listen to your video. It has far deeper sound than 166 in the game, with more bass. It also has turbo (A Networker Turbo has turbo, crazy, huh?). And I'm fairly sure 166 is not completely silent on the inside, unlike the one in the game.

27. londonmidland

The interior sounds in the game sound nothing like how it should sound in real life. There is virtually no engine noise when there should be and instead we just have the ‘running motion’ noise. Even with the windows shut you should be able to hear them clearly.

I have attached a video of how it should sound and my guess is that the interior are missing for whatever reason (maybe they weren’t recorded in the first place?)

• Like Like x 3