Raildriver

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by gary dean, Jan 15, 2022.

1. gary dean

gary dean Member

Its been over a year since we got the beta for Raildriver and we still have not support for all trains.
    I think if it was for consuls it would be sorted ages ago its not good enough.
    PC owners in the game do not get thought of that much by what i see.
    Why did they put Raildriver support in the game if they dont see it through as its been to long time since they supported it.
    Not happy, anyone reading this post who has Raildriver please give me support we all need to stick together
    on our PCs.
    Gary

• Like Like x 1
  2. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I think your assertion that PC owners dont get thought of that much is incorrect personally, when you look at the PS5 fiasco and the Xbox sounds I dont think PC players get the roughend of the stick by any means.

That said Raildriver support and functionality is no where near where it needs to be. Just look at the lastest route and the 612. Its practically impossible to use the throttle on the rail driver and its really inexcusable when the Ebrake works just fine.

I could live with the slow updates for older locos & routes (reluctantly) but to me when new locos/DMU/EMUs are released with poor RD support it is concerning and ultimately just going to be added to an ever growing list of fixes the preservation crew needs to address. And from what we have seen so far RD issues seem to be the bottom of the pile when it comes to Adam's team priorities. Which is probably unfair on the RD community but we are a small part of the wider TSW community so I guess in some respects that the team works on fixes which will add value to all users rather than just a select few.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I don’t understand what the problem is with consoles , or why they need to be brought into this topic at all . All routes will get RD functionality in the end , but dtg have bigger priorities at the moment .

4. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

As a user and a fan of Raildriver I’d like to see TSW compatible with it for all trains. However, I’m not going to join an “it’s not good enough” campaign. It’s good that DTG have responded to feedback and started to make trains compatible. New trains are compatible. Regarding older trains, in my view we have no right to demand this as a free enhancement to a product we’ve already purchased, but it’s great if it happens.

If we were waiting a long time for correction of a bug, I’d agree that would not be acceptable, but enhancements are different.

5. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Sorry, but can’t JUMP on your bandwagon. Yes I have a Raildriver and use it extensively in TS Classic and on the units that support it in TSW. I find the basis of your argument that PC players are second class citizens in DTG’s eyes as laughable and really ridiculous, thus negates any support I could offer.

From a business point of view I can understand WHY Raildriver is not a priority considering the very small percentage of users that have that peripheral. There are many more improvements that would benefit a larger cross-section of users that should take priority.

Where I would like to see the Raildriver support move toward is allowing the user to define the configuration rather than having to have to depend on DTG’s configurations. That way, we, the user could be responsible to making the assignments we feel make sense. The support for the legacy DLC is coming along with many other improvements that will be appreciated by many.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I might have supported you if you hadn't muddled your post by making the absurd assertions that somehow RD would be further ahead if it were useable with consoles rather than PC and that PC players are getting the thin end of the wedge.
    Actually PC players have by far the best experience with TSW, depending on the quality of their hardware, whereas our console cousins have major problems just playing the game.

I do not however share the optimism of others that support for legacy locomotives is coming any time soon, especially when DTG have stated that it's a fairly simple job. Nor have I any expectation that we will move out of beta in the near future.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

The only way that the 'consoles' point would make sense was if RD was the only available interface for PC users (and so there would be no way to drive a train without it). But that's clearly not the case.

Re support for all trains, I have a RD but I'm thinking (hoping?) that Spirit of Steam won't have RD support. (for it to have support the interface would probably have to be simplified quite a lot).

8. bernd#4714

bernd#4714 New Member

Hello, I have a question about the Raildriver in TSW 2.
    I noticed that the
    Class 425
    BR422 and the locomotives and control cars from San Francisco do not work with the Raildriver. Will there be another update?

9. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I refer you to the pinned thread at the top of the PC forum.
    Reading through it will bring you up to date with all the RD news.

10. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

I'm loosing patience with TSW2 and as a result I'm selling my raildriver if anyone is interested. U.K, Rotherham area
    20220319_080618.jpg 20220319_080618.jpg