PC Tharandter Rampe: Dresden – Chemnitz - The Definitive Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Jan 6, 2022.

1. dr1980

dr1980 Member

My initial thoughts doing an end to end run with the 612 DMU:

- route looks great
    - the 612 is certainly interesting and a different experience
    - overall the route is challenging and you need to keep on top of what your doing.
    - I agree with previous comment about the raildriver implementation...it's annoying. I don't know why it's necessary to move the power lever down then up every time you want to go up a "notch". Hopefully this can be fixed, as of now I won't use my raildriver with the 612.
    - I have no information to know whether it's prototypical or not, but it seems like the power increase is very slow, especially compared to the dynamic brake increase? As I say that could be completely correct in real life, but it was something i noticed. It takes a relatively long time to get into "notch" 10.
    - Headlights look great.
    - What are the yellow, upside down V signs for?

On the whole I'm happy with the route...the raildriver implementation really is my biggest issue so hopefully that can be fixed.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Well, the 612 is interesting to drive using a Rail Driver. I can't find a position on the throttle that puts the accelerator into the power position and keeps it there until I reach the level I want. Have to keep rocking it back and forth applying a little at a time before it defaults back to hold. It's doable but not a natural move. On the other hand, the brake applies without issue.

• Like Like x 2
  3. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

They're for snow ploughs so they know when to pull it in to avoid hitting things.

• Like Like x 2
  4. joerg.lange

joerg.lange Well-Known Member

I can't say anything about the signals, because the shunting area is not open to the public and is difficult to see from the outside because of the distance.

But it looks really so "naked" for the most part, its a large empty area with tracks only, located on a kind of plateau in the middle of the city.

5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Thanks for the guidance re the GNT, really there should have been an advanced tutorial in Journey Mode to cover this aspect.

I believe Maik may already have clarified in another thread that the acceleration performance is realistic. It actually makes a change to get away from the Electrostar rapid acceleration which feels more like driving a sports car than a train. The dynamic brake can be tricky, easy not to set enough and not slow down but the "sweet spot" is quite small before heavy deceleration kicks in. I find myself just using the train brake, more often than not - which blends with the hydraulic braking anyway (I think).

• Like Like x 4
  6. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I also do the same as well, because if you use the combined handle with the throttle it doesn't do so much, just apply the handbrake, its more effective.

7. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

What about the orange W

8. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Great route, but just tried the Traffic Jam scenario (via journey mode) and got fair weather (scattered clouds and sunshine) but raining. This has been happening on other routes in journey mode where rain is always with fair weather. What’s going on?

10. Mighy

Mighy Member

I finished some services and looked around several places.

So my feedback would be a 7 of 10.

Pro's:

BR 612 and tilting is wonderful and makes a lot of fun. The sound sounds also accurate...
    Service patterns of the passenger lines.
    AI traffic on the main stations is fantastic in Dresden and good in Chemnitz.
    Type of Line is very challenging to drive despite the all present "green wave" on the signals.
    The basic design of the landscape is also fantastic!
    The number of trains packed in: This is the second route (after Riesa) where we get a pack that affects on all types of services that is on the route. It feels complete enough from the beginning.

Neutral:
    Freight services: The services that are implementet are overall good! But I miss services with the stake cars from/to Freiberg (or did I not see them?). Also there was a bit more potential to make two or three more moves on other locations.

Con's:
    Level crossings are partly incomplete or missing (this will be fixed, I think)
    Overhead live wires: I mentioned the crappy cantenaries in other posts, but by ignoring the better types of Meißen, there are still many issues, gaps and logical errors this time.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  11. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

There's nothing that says 0GNT. Do you mean G GNT? If so, that's warning you of an upcoming speed reduction. If it starts flashing, as mentioned above, you're on or under the required braking curve - continue until you reach the required speed. If it stays solid, apply more brake.
    The S GNT lights up when the brakes are about to come on, the brakes are on by the time it's flashing I think - on the HUD the S GNT text will flash, but not the red background.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

That default one minute loading time is something I disliked since before I worked at DTG.

I usually adjust them depending on the timetable. For example, if the published arrival time is 14:23 and the departure time is also 14:23, the wait time would be 30 seconds, unless it's S-bahn which is 20 seconds.

On London to Brighton, we had documents detailing the passenger procedures for each station, including minimum wait timings. In most cases this was 1 minute at large stations and 30 seconds at the smaller stops.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  13. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

14. AmbyyRose

AmbyyRose Member

So, there is a BR182 MRCE Locomotive pulling IC sleeper cars. Is it AI only or is there a specific way to select the service? I have tried to look in both BR182 variants but I don't seem to be able to find it.
    Much appreciation for help in advance.

15. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Joe mentioned that being AI only, it is a simulation of EC services from Prague to Berlin when they still had to switch locos in Dresden, but the Czech Class 371 isn't in the game yet, so MRCE 182 was used there. Just makes Dresden busier.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ÐFG

ÐFG New Member

Hmm... Teaser?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  17. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

While I have to say that I am quite disappointed about the area around Chemnitz (the station is clearly not set in 2012!!, the services use the wrong platforms, etc.) and some scenery bugs along the route, it is enjoyable to tilt your way around. I am also very happy to see the yards at Dresden filled with trains and the main station being quite busy, what a contrast to Hamburg or Munich. This feels SOOOO much better!

• Like Like x 6
  18. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

For whatever reason, I can no longer access the alt-liveries I have for the G6, 363, 403 or 406. They show up in Livery Designer, but they are not available in timetable mode; I don't even get the pink "other liveries" button.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

I really like the route, the 612 is superb and its is a very challenging drive, even with green signals all the way, if you want to make up a few minutes delay it is more intense than BML for me as you have to nail the speed limits which are changing every 1-4 kilometers.
    As mentioned the AI in Dresden is wonderful, and i havent experienced any major lag around the main station.

• Like Like x 2
  20. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Works all fine for me, i also use the salzgitter g6 repaint.

Since when did it happen?

21. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

I had that issue just remove the wagons liverys fixed it for me

22. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Tried a BR112 with an autozug had to drop the traction force down to 75% otherwise I wasn't going anywhere! Great fun with those gradients.

23. PuuvillaneMats

PuuvillaneMats Member

- route looks great, atmospheric and detail rich, but here and there caroonish because of wrong under-tree texturing.
    - like many others already mentioned - timetables need heavy reworking. The lack of editors is the biggest problem here again.
    - 143 and Dosto cabcar are now sounding much better and 143 physics seem to be improved. Dosto's cabview needs adjusting (height). DTG - make cabviews adjustable by users so everybody can customise them (create new ones, edit, save, load). Rail joint and wheel flange sounds need improvements.
    - 612 looks incredible and feels great. Please increase text font size in pseudo-EBULA. It's very hard to read without zooming in.
    - overall I'm giving 9 out of 10 ; great job DTG and Maik Goltz.

• Like Like x 3
  24. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

The 612 seems a bit weak to me ?

Unfortunately, DTG has also decided not to give the player a manual for this DLC. Again, the tutorials are insufficient, so you have to get info in other ways. This is a very customer-unfriendly practice.
    For the DLC for Train Simulator they make manuals, for TSW they don't. Are you supposed to deduce from this, what value the TSW customer has at DTG? But since nothing is changed, DTG doesn't seem to care at all.

• Like Like x 1
  25. OldVern

It does seem very easy to put the 612 in power lock though. Running another Journey Mode from Chemnitz to Dresden I was a good 8 minutes late departing Chemnitz after trying to get power. Everything was switched in - brake key and switch on, reverser in and switched on, tilt engaged, power on etc. even the PZB activated but the throttle would not go beyond 1%. After some entirely random switching stuff on and off, in and out of forward direction it just suddenly all reset.

One of the problems is that the tutorial effectively shows you a cold start but you never take a train over in this actual state. It's kind of half prepared but not really clear what you need to do and more importantly the correct sequence. All you get is the Open Doors instruction which you can't do before putting the reverser in and selecting direction. Which then seems to mess up the rest of the sequence.

26. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

Haven't found any issues with the timetable yet personally, but I seem to be less happy with the 612 sounds than most. The horn especially just sounds far too heavily processed with no proper start to it and the engine sounds seem to disappear at random. Track sounds also need more work. The external model is lovely but the textures are perhaps a bit too shiny/lack weathering, and can look very odd in some lighting. Inside it is mostly good, although it has the wrong seats in the first class section, and the sliding vestibule doors all have the same labelling on. The inclusion of the full MCB cupboard is appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  27. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I see the newness has all ready worn off …. Like in the days of old - XO states “Captain, just want to report the ship’s crew morale is seeming to be improving”. Captain (community in this case) “Well then, let’s resume the flogging!”

• Like Like x 1
  28. OldVern

That is inevitable, a high profile release like this is going to be played to death the first few days and eager eyed train simmers will spot and report both the good and bad.

I mean the route itself is lovely, one of the most scenic in the game, but after going back and forth a few times it is already becoming another route from A to B, just over an hour from end to end which leaves me craving for more. Warts notwithstanding, I want to drive that 612 all the way from Dresden to Nurnberg.

• Like Like x 2
  29. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

This has happened to me as well, but only with the 406 liveries I have imported. They are available in Livery designer, but don’t show up for selection in timetable mode.

30. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Maik paid attention to real train behavior. Its not off to say tsgs dlcs are as close to real as possible. And with its standard way above most other tsw2 dlcs.

• Like Like x 4
  31. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Make sure to put the door selector back to "neutral", if that is not the case the throttle is locked :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Release the parking brakes, there's one for the consist and one for the unit.

33. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Can't remember where but I remember someone here saying the real one does a very good job of converting diesel into noise, and not much else.

• Like Like x 3
  34. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I do have quite a bit of trouble completing the 'double header' scenario (with PZB and SIFA on). Any tips on that one?

35. jorava

jorava New Member

bonjour, comment baisse t on le store dans la cabine de la 612 svp?

36. joerg.lange

joerg.lange Well-Known Member

Just played the scenario. What kind of problems do you have?

37. solicitr

I'm not sure I quite understand you

38. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I’m really enjoying the route, just have a technical question about a little detail I noticed while doing the scenario with the DoSto cab car.
    For those who haven’t played it yet: It’s roughly 1.5 hours long, sort of a semi-express service with quite a few stops and red signals due to a slow freight train ahead of you.
    During that scenario, I noticed that the train brakes behaved differently compared to the DoSto in DRA. In DRA, the brakes take a long time to “go away” again after being applied, because this is apparently prototypical behavior. On DCZ however, the brakes go away almost immediately once you set them to release. But these are supposed to be the same trains, just with different liveries due to DCZ being set in the past. Is that intended behavior?

39. dr1980

dr1980 Member

Thanks, it’s not really the acceleration of the train I was wondering about, as I would expect a DMU to accelerate more slowly than an EMU. It was more about how long it takes to increase the throttle percentage when increasing power. Again, this could be (and likely is) completely realistic, I have no information to the contrary, but it seems to take a long time to get the power level to increase, particularly compared to how much faster it is to apply the dynamic brake.

40. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Completely prototypical.

Time to reach 100% power: 15 seconds.
    Time to reach 0% power from 100%: 5 seconds.
    Time to reach 0% power from 100% withe lever in OFF: 1 second.
    Time to reach 100% dyn-brake: 5 seconds.
    Time to reach 0% dyn-brake from 100%: 5 seconds.
    Time to reach 0% dyn-brake from 100% with lever in OFF: 1 second.

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 6
  41. OldVern

Sorry pal, you need to ask in English, as explained in the other thread. No one here speaks French.

42. solicitr

Well, I wouldn't say no one. But, yes, the board's convention is English.

43. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I stalled on the hill just afther Tharandt, I was coming up to a red at first so was down to ~35 km/h, though the signal was green by the time I reached it. After that I kept losing to much speed, decided to apply more power, but slipped above 70%, which caused me to loose my last bit of speed and be unable to restart.

44. mike.obrebski

mike.obrebski Active Member

I'm just glad there is a nice large analog clock with a second hand!
    Now can time the passenger stops without needing your own stopwatch.

45. jayzhead

jayzhead Active Member

Timetable bugs I found so far:
    S3 service 37928 starts with a five-minute long red signal wait due to incoming train to adjacent platform, making it impossible to be on time for the rest of the service or even the return trip
    RB30 17329 (maybe others as well, didn't check) have Freiberg arrival at 18:01 (which is the time of departure of the previous stop and thus impossible) while the Load Passengers command is at 18:03
    Also, generally there are a lot of services with unspecified arrival times, which is strange, you can't know if you're running late or not without checking the Load Passengers command time at the timetable, which is fine I suppose, but I don't get why. If already there is an indication for arrival time on the HUD, why not use it?

But, on the bright side ( :)), I totally retract what I said about it being too dark when driving the 143, apparently I just didn't know that there is a brights switch (on the other side of the console from the other headlight controls, which is why I remained ignorant of it this whole time). Once I clicked that on it was plenty bright enough to drive.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  46. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

Tu as un bouton juste en dessous du pupitre pour cela, sur le coté gauche.
    (Person was asking about how to lower curtains in the BR 612 - which is below the desk on the left hand side)

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  47. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

I was more concerned with acceleration. It feels quite slow for the technical data. It also seems rather tortured on hills. But if it's like that in real life, then that's just the way it is.

48. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

In the livery manager remove all the wagons repaints that you have downloaded/created

Not sure if its better now but yeah

49. OldVern

Not sure if the real thing has a notched power handle but yes, it ought to be quicker to go through the notches. One of the problems is that DTG insist on hanging onto the % power system which started with Kuju in MSTS and is not how most train throttles work. They really need to ditch the % equivalent altogether.

50. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

OldVern, depends on the type of locomotive as to whether you have notches or continuous throttle. Yes, the 612 is diesel so would expect notch type throttle, though that strange way of applying power begs one to wonder if it does.