Ts22 - Bnsf Routes Releasing Worldwide

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Dec 8, 2021.

?
  1. Marias Pass

157 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. Stevens Pass

81 vote(s)
    29.1%
  3. Tehachapi Pass

40 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. LPSimulation

LPSimulation Member

Yeah i never understood that

2. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

It would have been easier to have sold it as an ROW with unbranded locos but remember Cajon Pass was very early (as were Marias and Stevens Pass' ) and DTG hadn't started that practice. Anyway it is ALL in the past and if we can wait YEARS we can certainly wait awhile longer. We are all impatient but it doesn't do your blood pressure any good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hayward.john48

I'm puzzled as to why certain items (mainly but not only) loco add ons are still only available in the USA but have a price in £ in the UK Steam listings (and presumably the equivalent in other markets) when it would seem that it should only take DTG to instruct Steam to sell them without restriction. Perhaps it is not that simple if that is so please tell us I doubt they are being updated. Perhaps someone in DTG could give an explanation and puncture the balloon of frustration that is growing. I promote patience, some justification for the patience would help us all. A proposed timetable (not rigid) would be a godsend as it would enable us to budget.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  4. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Totally agree. I think it's tactics. Probably just a few steps like unticking country restrictions in their database, updating store pages and removing the "only available in US" line, removing the "RETIRED" entry in their databases as well. As for the content itself it doesn't need checking because it's being used in the US already, except for the routes that came in two different versions US/ROW. This could take longer, rebuilding the asset packs and checking for missing textures then because a lot of paths in the .bin files may have to be readjusted. But then... just distribute the US texture .ap's to everyone.

But they could release the loco packs now, yes I am a bit impatient too, always thinking "hope they don't think twice and remove it again" (slightly paranoid :D lol). I happen to buy stuff when it's released, same with North Wales Coastal and the Virgin stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2022
  5. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Yep I'm kind of impatient too, I hope next BNSF release will come with more than one DLC, anyway it will be worth the wait

6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Agreed there has not been much in the way of talk this month on what's next on the release front for BNSF content, or even when the patch will be put out for all the unbranded content we already own.

7. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

On Raton Pass, things are a bit messy. They put a new GeoPcDx for the Trinidad station building without the Santa Fe letters into the ROW assets. To use it, the building's bin file was changed pointing to the ROW path. Actually I found the original GeoPcDx still inside the MainContent. By editing the path in the bin file I was able to restore it myself and have the Santa Fe logo reappear on the roof.
    Btw all the brandings are still in the DLC, you just have to find them ;)
    ss_3bf50791e0fdbbdcfadf655064f1649de0daa042.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  8. some random railfan

some random railfan New Member

9. hayward.john48

Well, that's 4 weeks since Marias Pass' re-release - any more prisoners scheduled for parole? I'm glad to offer my home PC as a residence for the other DLC, no charge to DTG.;)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  10. Michael Newbury

There has been no more info since the release of Marias Pass, in fact even with a lot of poking there has been nothing but silence on any schedule of release.

11. hayward.john48

My point. This was another bit of poking.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Michael Newbury

DTG Jamie can you please provide a update or schedule of what's next to be release and what the schedule is for the rest of the content. We have been trying to get your attention but we are only getting silence and static.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Michael Newbury

I have put out another poke and prod again, this silence is definitely not a good thing.

14. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

15. hayward.john48

Sorry but that’s a bit cryptic for me

16. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Yeah well was just trying to help Michael due to the fact he tried to ping Jamie but I saw it wasn’t highlighted so i pinged him for Michael

• Like Like x 1
  17. Michael Newbury

Thank's for the ping still trying to figure out how to do that.

18. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

You use the @ symbol then type in the username of the account you want to ping.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Michael Newbury

Thank you for the help much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  20. hayward.john48

I thought that I would check on Steam and enter some stuff into the Wishlist system. The following were tagged "Coming Soon":
    SD70 V2 Volume 2 Loco Add on, SW1500 Switcher Loco add on, GP9 Loco add on, BN Wagon Pack 01 (Marketplace)
    Nothing in regards: GP20 Burlington Northern add on (Marketplace) and nothing for Great Northern F7 "Empire Builder". Any change and will advise.

21. R3dS41ft

R3dS41ft Active Member

Perhaps there is silence because they are waiting on this weekends streams to announce things.

22. hayward.john48

We live in hope.

23. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

For those asking about Stevens Pass, this was posted in the TSC Discord, it should be available now on sale.
    Screenshot_20220120_180826_com.android.chrome.jpg

24. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

so i got this 29 mb update and turn out it was for logo patch for up tepache pass bnsf es44ac. that it, nothing else was fixes.

25. hayward.john48

Stevens Pass now available discounted 60%.
    Delighted, now can download Majestic Falls from the workshop, whoopee 2 routes for the “price” of one. In fact with Marias Pass this enabled Adriana County so in one month 4 routes!!

26. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Wow. That completes my US collection.:):):):):)

27. Michael Newbury

I just got home and noticed a update happened with no notes.

28. Michael Newbury

Also very happy to Stevens Pass released today, hopefully not much long for the loco add-on packs to be available.

• Like Like x 1
  29. hayward.john48

Yes, but it seems that DTG are playing “Surprise, Surprise” with us. I don’t mind surprises but prefer communication, much better for the patience (patients?).

• Like Like x 2
  30. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

It's a bit confusing to me right now, but they seem to have added branding to the worldwide version by adding the branded engines.
    The confusing part - the unbranded ones are also included still. As I suppose they ultimately write the very same loco definition file (referenced in the scenario), I have no idea which one wins. I have some asset pack that goes flip-flop every restart / recache / verify...

https://steamdb.info/sub/591907/apps/

31. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

I have compared the contents of both the files and the amount of files are the same.
    The best thing to do, to make sure you get the branded ones is to UNtick the '(Unbranded)' of the ES44AC, then you only get the branded loco's.

upload_2022-1-21_10-51-33.png

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  32. hayward.john48

Thank you, very helpful and easily missed.

33. hayward.john48

Just gone into my e-mails and - "2 items on your wishlist are on sale" - SW1500 pack and GP9 pack. Entered the Steam wishlist and can't buy them but this must mean they are imminent and not just "soon" OR am I a wishful thinking old fool? (please don't answer the last bit as I'm also a sensitive old fool).

• Like Like x 1
  34. Michael Newbury

I got that email to but I have more of the BNSF content on my wishlist and I got the SW1500, GP9 and the CSX SD70MAC. But as you cannot purchase them.

35. sphexi

sphexi Active Member

Just guessing, but it would make sense for them to release the SW1500 Pack when they release Cajon Pass worldwide as the included scenarios are for Cajon Pass (but I wouldn't be upset if they released it earlier ;))

36. triznya.andras

I wish it won't take too long :)
    upload_2022-1-22_9-11-4.png
    I was prepared to drop GWD086 of course but for many a reason it would be nice if I could do it there :)
    That being said, Horseshoe and NY-NH not being well photographed yet it could take 4 months.

Also, Cajon could also come with the SD40 or whichever BNSF pack it is. But I get your point. A bit funny on my end because Cajon is the route I already had since forever. Just for DTG Jamie really, the SW1500 is relatively unique unit (shunting, doh) compared to the rest, being mixed and mainline locos (GP-SD, GE), most of those being available one way or another. Would be jolly to be made available for workshop / editor use even if a small update comes later.

37. hayward.john48

Puzzling to me is that the SW1500 is listed on Steam in the sale at £2.09 but cannot be purchased outside the US despite my having an email advising that it being on my wishlist and it can. Sale ends in 2 days is this just a tease?

38. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

Noticed a few locos are now available that weren't before.

Pensylvania Alco RS-11 and AT&N Consolidation Class 280-157.

I'd say a few more will be unlocked/released soon.

39. some random railfan

is the black sd40-2 in cajon pass supposed to be a unbranded norfolk southern?

40. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

That is because the SW1500 DLC is currently still listed as US Only but it on your Steam Wishlist.
    Valve send items from your wishlist, even if they aren't available in your region.

But I am too waiting to add that switcher, this switcher is in other packs but with just one livery, this DLC features about 10. and is used in several US scenario's:)

• Like Like x 1
  41. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

The Black SD40 is part of the US Loco & Asset pack. That was never unbranded AFAIK and it does contain BNSF and ATSF locos. I suppose it was always black?

42. hayward.john48

It was shown to be 60% discounted at £2.09 in the email and in Steam, this has now changed with no price shown as it has been for years. One more DTG enigma but not to lose any sleep over.

43. triznya.andras

It's a tough guess.

Wikipedia is a bit unclear (and massively edited over the years).
    It shows up a lot on the NEC that suggests it might be early NS.
    Ohio Steel 2 is the first (and only) All Aboard DLC utilising the various recolors of open and closed hoppers - and the black SD40-2. It suggests being added between 2010 and 2012. OS2 also referenced (but not used) the High Hood SD40-2 which seems to be mostly the same as the NS one, with the super original (really bad) sounds.

And there is this picture...
    [​IMG]
    (I just realised after posting it's JT. Well. Confusing. All I know the US version of RS was released in 2008, and had Cajon instead of one British.)

Thus I suppose it was added around 2011, possibly to RailWorks 2/3 and included with the updated Cajon in 2012.
    (Does it show up on the megabasic Victorville free roam, assuming it's still the old scenario? Each RS route has the central free roam with very minimal trains, and the end points with more trains.)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  44. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

At £3.74 in the current sale, looks like a great bargain.

45. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

46. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

The name of the black SD40-2's asset folder is also "Black", so I think it never had any branding.
    And as the datestamps show it was last changed in 2013... can't think of any licensing issues back then, especially not with Norfolk Southern.

KujuSD40-2.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2022
  47. triznya.andras

Almost. This one actually has OS2 screenshots on the store page indeed.
    But no, 24051, released on 2010-02-05:
    upload_2022-1-24_8-25-31.png
    (partial screenshot by relevance of https://steamdb.info/sub/13229/apps/)

By the way, the NEC is funny, too. I have 2011-08-25 as recorded release date but it shows 2012 now for some reason.
    Anyway, I might be wrong but I'm positive based on NEC not having 24051 but the Black that it's unbranded NS with the option to claim anything. As in case of the NEC one could make a point about CSX.

Note that the US assets also include the two original coal gondolas, Union Pacific and BNSF, but they are both unbranded. Whereas the tank wagons are branded UP. So it's a bit random, too.

Fun fact: we're like archeologists. Fiddling through stuff and trying to theorise about what may have happened ten years ago :)

• Like Like x 1
  48. hayward.john48

Ohio Steel 2 is a great route, for it’s time. Very good for new to the US as it has introductory runs with explanations and it used only the US Assets pack plus a lot of useful Allaboard assets.
    I still run on it from time to time using swapped locos (usually CSX) as the scenarios included, a good selection, are not over testing and good for the ego. I originally thought that the black livery was a sub for NS but now I think it was just a catch all as NS liveried stuff was used by other routes (not Allaboard) soon after when the plain black was still in common use. If it was/is supposed to be an NS sub why was/is it not replaced.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  49. some random railfan

its also in cajon pass, I was in a vpn browser, I could see it when I wasn't logged in.

50. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

The US Loco&Asset Pack is shipped together with Cajon Pass. Other routes also use it, so they are common assets.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2022