Ts22 - Anglesey Arrival

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Now arriving at platform Steam..

Screenshot_2022-01-20-17-25-20-501.jpeg
    (Click image to go to Steam store page)

10% off as well. :)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I was also expecting to see a video but nothing on my screen - I did not know if it was not linked?

• Like Like x 1
  3. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

I see them fine on both, not sure what the issue is. What is your set up?

4. inversnecky

Ooh, ooh, Mr Paisley!

5. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Yup..
    Image2.jpg

6. brummie

brummie Active Member

Hi, As soon as I replied to the other poster with the video, in my message body was the video with the option to 'click to expand'? I see it then but not in the original message, strange that! Just a blank space.

7. toms87

toms87 Well-Known Member

Many players have been awaiting the return of this add-on, as many freeware routes requiere its assets. I just found that DTG has made a new folder structure for the North Wales Coast and so rendering it useless for all the freeware routes and forcing me to buy TS 2018 on humble bumble anyway to have the assets on ATS Missing Link, Cumbrian Coast, Northern Lines and others. I suspect I might not be the only person beeing severly disappointed by this!

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

this is what I see
    Screenshot (131).png

9. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

It's got to be something in your browser settings Peter & brummie I have no issue seeing videos embedded

• Like Like x 1
  10. brummie

brummie Active Member

Yeah it must be. I'll have a look tomorrow see if I can figure something out in my Google browser, thanks.

11. inversnecky

Just to clarify - if you already have TS2018 and its NWC - the new one won't mess up the 2018 one?

I think about every third party route I have has the 2018 NWC as a requirement, and I don't want to have to sort them all out.

You're just saying that the new one isn't going to work as a replacement requirement for these various routes without editing the paths or whatever?

12. toms87

toms87 Well-Known Member

No, it won´t. I have just looked in to this for about two hours. There are three different folders: 1. North Wales Coast from TS 18 2. North Wales Coast with Holyhead 3. The "new" North Wales Coast released today.

Yes, sadley that´s the case. The whole thing is very confusing if you are not an experienced TS player with knowledge of how the file structure works.
    As I never owned the old route, I picked up the new route today in the hope of having the missing assets in several freeware routes. I checked the West Coast Mainline Missing Link by ATS and straight away noticed Crewe Station missing . I investigated through the folder structures, checked RW Tools and figured out the three different folders that way. So, if you want to use Missing Link, Northern Lines, Cumbrian Coast without missing scenery, you need the discounted route. It refers to all the Assets. When I had figured this out, I got a refund for the new route released today in Steam and just picked up TS 2018 on Humble Bundle for the freeware routes.
    I have waited the last couple of weeks for the re-release of North Wales for nothing and now ended up buying TS 2018 anyway and refunding the new route, just to buy later on in a sale to get the Holyhead extension in my collection.

I hope that clears things up for you and others...this will lead to a lot of confused players missing scenery on a huge amount of freeware and not even knowing why ("I have everything it requieres"). If you are a casual player, you will most probably never figure this out. =(

13. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

What took you a couple of hours to figure out would've been answered in minutes had you asked here or on Facebook.

14. toms87

toms87 Well-Known Member

As you are asking: playing around with RW Tools (waiting for missing assets to get listed) and also waiting for replies on private message from people who own the old routes and who could show me the folder structures. After that investigating that this applies to all freeware routes, doing the refund on steam and making sure that the Humble Bundle thing from TS18 would give me scenery on all the routes of interest.
    To clarify: I have been abscent from UK content for a couple of years and recently made my return in the winter sale to get updated on everything new. It took some research to figure out the "tragic history" of North Wales Coast. :D

15. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

They clearly (to me) communicated it's a new version. They cannot conflict with (overwrite) the old one.
    I suppose some random branding had to be changed (boards) and they repackaged as such.
    I also suppose they can't just add the old DLC to this one. Maybe they can come to an agreement eventually.