What's Your Thoughts On The Extension Pack Sneak Peak?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by redrev1917, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

For me, I would be glade to see only CSX blues again, since substitution has been a problem on SPG for nearly a year now. Not for playability reasons, but just seeing nearly every single UP locos on every train is not right at all.

As for the expansion, I would only get it just for the SD40 (don't care for Koln or Bakerloo). While it is technically fictional to be a Heritage unit, but at least it does have an actual livery to go with it (better than seeing CRR Black that's way out of place on SPG), even if it's not one of the best CSX liveries in the past. But, it's better than nothing.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Not interested in SPG or BKL but would probably pay the Diesel Legends equivalent price even if my only interest is SKA. A busier timetable there is worth paying for. Agree it would make more sense to release the preservation crew work at the same time as the upgrade but as we've been told not to expect it, I shall do as advised and not expect it!

• Like Like x 2
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Sand Patch also gets three new scenarios for the SD40 repaint.

4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

So being in Canada I do not know what the conversation rate is but for me a typical loco pack costs $22.79

5. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Will be good to see Sand Patch Grade only having CSX locomotives running along it again, the mismatch of content on it puts me off playing it. A missed trick for the expansion pack is bringing Sherman Hill's longer consist lengths and physics to Sand Patch.

Koln - Aachen is clearly the big seller for this pack. I was sold the second I heard Joe was working on the timetable :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Can't argue with you on that at all!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

This is a purchase for me now that I have started to get a handle on the operation of German trains and LZB. As many have noted, once you get used to operating with it, it's a fun drive with real challenges. So far have not started PZB but will soon.

I have to say here that having UP locomotives on Sandpatch is not all that unusual. Railroads in the US do run through power all the time. I have seen BNSF and UP locomotives here in Richmond, VA. The fact that they have removed them is, for me, a step back from realism.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  8. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

The UP substitution can certainly be too much. However, it would be a shame to lose the SD70Ace physics in the timetable on the SPG grades. A possible solution could be having it only available to select as the player locomotive or, even better, just create a CSX Livery for it.

SPG is now hard to drive realistically with such large initial air brake reductions.

9. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I will wait for a nice discount. It is nice, but it does not add a lot for me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

If they do manage to update SPG with the brake physics and train length from Sherman Hill, then that would make the route be at least playable while still seeing CSX locos down the line.
    (of course a slim chance for the Expansion Pack by the looks of it, but might still happen for sure).

• Like Like x 1
  11. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Like the idea of more people displayed around the depot, but did note two of the railfans were identical :(

12. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I think thats the plan, in this case its special because it relates to all core routes of tsw, means everybody has them.

13. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Yes, you are. This was promised even before the release of TSW2 itself, in the streams leading up to the release. Not nice, DTG...

I'll wait for a discount, I'm only interested in SKA.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Did they confirm that?

15. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

Complete waste of time

• Like Like x 2
  16. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

This should have nothing to do with that Bakerloo timetable update that is still far from finished as it needs a completely overhauled dispatcher. This expansion pack according to Matt brings in a "couple extra services" for the repainted trainset, not the major overhaul that was promised before BKL release.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I could be wrong but I thought Bakerloo was supposed to be this busy timetable covering the whole day. They then said before release (again if I recollect correctly) that there was an issue and it would be updated (presumably in the money already exchanged for the product) at a later date. I wasn't aware this would be a substantial time later and costed.

I may need to retract this based on Monder beating me to the post button with more info

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  18. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

I think it's a bit of a shame that we only see Railfans in Scenarios. Wouldn't it be possible to switch it on and off like Mastery?

• Like Like x 2
  19. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Do that they also need Mid Train DPUS which are also used by CSX on Sand Patch Grade. CSX uses SD70ACEs like Union Pacific

20. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Hopefully the Bakeroo Line, will have the same as the german route, such as extra train, more ai train, new assets, and More timetable, with updated station to enjoy

21. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I have to agree. I thought timetable updates would fall under the preserved crew. But apparently if you want a updated timetable, you gotta pay for it. Yes people need to be paid but when we are told timetable updates would be something the preservation crew does for older routes, that would certainly raise a few eyebrows.

It's funny how it takes months for preservation crew updates to pass qa and be released, but if it's a dlc, it passes quicker then preservation crew updates. That is something I hope changes.

• Like Like x 3
  22. redrev1917

I suspect that they are still working on the dispatch issues and hopeful but not 100% confident that they'll fix it prior to the this release and be able to bunp services

23. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Money talks louder than bugs

• Like Like x 5
  24. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

I feel like the expansion pack seems more like a gameplay pack like Diesel Legends, 1938 LU Tube Stock, and RhB Anniversary Collection. However, I am only interested in the SKA expansion pack as I do love operating S-Bahn services. The additional services is a huge plus, especially after seeing the DB BR 101. This is going to be a day 1 buy. I have no interest in SPG since it features the same base timetable services plus a few new scenarios and livery change. I am going to assume that the expansion pack for BKL might have the same timetable like the original.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

It's worth mentioning that this isn't an updated timetable but a second, separate timetable with an additional 408 services. Take a look at 1:18:44 of yesterday's Youtube video.

26. niveous

niveous Member

This is something that would have sold me on purchasing the pack. Realistic length trains in NA is a must now that they've demonstrated it can be done with Sherman Hill. Along with as others have stated, a smaller initial reduction making the automatic brake actually useable for train handling.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I think the new timetable for Köln-Aachen is really great. But in comparison, the content for SPG and Bakerloo seems pretty lacking? I mean Köln-Aachen gets a whole new busier timetable with several new rolling stock layers, but SPG and Bakerloo only get a single reskinned train with a new timetable.

Maybe it would be more balanced if SPG also got longer consists in the new timetable, for example?

As for Bakerloo, I don't know what else could be done for it, but Bakerloo seems to get the least ammount of content, but I'm still looking forward to the gray painted stock. Maybe they could've made a timetable where the new gray stock and Rivet's '38 stock are mixed together on the route, as a "phasing out the old stock, introducing the new stock" era? Would that be prototypical, or there were more generations between the two stocks that would make this idea unrealistic?

Anyway I'm still looking forward to it, it just feels a bit unbalanced, like Köln-Aachen is getting much more that the two other routes.

• Like Like x 1
  28. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

I think the Railfans should rather be dioramas, like the ones they first added with the Rush Hour Routes. That way, they could spawn at different places, and it would be different each time.

• Like Like x 5
  29. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

RT did get an extra additional timetable as well, as part of a free preservation crew update.

30. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

KA looks good, SPG looks meh and BL looks pointless

• Like Like x 1
  31. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

I think if they were always there, the Railfan Feature would quickly lose its Charm

• Like Like x 1
  32. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

I wasn’t there, what have they done to the Bakerloo line?

33. redrev1917

They've not announced it other than saying the 1972 stock will be in it's original livery. It's more a throwback livery then a as it ran in 1972.

I really hope that they have done a deal with TfL to repaint a modern day train to match akin to what they did with Amtrak.

34. frabjousvector

What does that look like then?

35. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Think they also said there is a suprise but DTG wants the community to see it

• Like Like x 1
  36. CowBoyWolf

[​IMG]

37. frabjousvector

I can confirm, that is a train.

• Like Like x 2
  38. CowBoyWolf

I thought that was a submarine tho

• Like Like x 1
  39. frabjousvector

Now you’ve said it… it might be a submarine.

• Like Like x 1
  40. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

You'd think so, but no. Loco DLCs are $20 each. They are harder purchases for me to justify when they cost 2/3 of a full route. I'm not sure why the price for locomotives in GBP is more generous. I think I asked about it once in the first year-end Q&A but the question was skipped over.

Cheers

41. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

What? $20? They are €13 over here, less than half a route (€30), which is fair IMO

• Like Like x 3
  42. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

When matt said this i thought it might be the longer trains for spg. (speculation only)

43. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

The layer to be added by BR 101 has only one service? Can anyone in the Koln area confirm if this is realistic?

44. frabjousvector

Hopefully not. Sand Patch is probably the route I focus on the least. Really don’t like freight lines as somebody who’s favourite part is being a passenger.

45. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

In the time SKA is set, there should be zero IC services between Köln and Aachen. So I’m not even sure what the one playable service might be. Might be a depot run or an actual IC run put in with artistic license.

• Like Like x 2
  46. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Considering the whole pack was an "artistic license" I am surprised they didn't add a whole IC timetable, even if it's not realistic.

Could it be one of the services which maybe operated in the earlier 2010s which was later discontinued? AFAIK there were some Eurocities (or even a Nightjet) back then

• Like Like x 1
  47. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Well if that train didn't run IRL I am grateful that it has been included, I hope it is a complete run from Aachen to Koln and not just a depot run.
    I bet Joe loves the BR 101 like so many of us and that's why he has tried to include it.

• Like Like x 2
  48. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I’d love that, but if it’s an actual run on the mainline, then I wonder why there is no second run in the other direction? I’m not counting on getting an actual IC run until I see it in a stream.

• Like Like x 2
  49. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Yup, $20 excluding sales tax even. I always thought it to be a bit strange but it's definitely done for a purpose. I don't expect it to change any time soon.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  50. redrev1917

I always thought that by midnight any loco which starts on the map had to finish at the same location on the map, if that's the case then a depot run seems unlikely as the 101 will need to enter and exit the map in order not to break the journey mode?
    Edit Unless the return journey is AI only I guess

• Like Like x 1