What's Your Thoughts On The Extension Pack Sneak Peak?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by redrev1917, Jan 20, 2022.

1. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

What you say makes a lot of sense, I hadn't thought about it. So it will almost certainly be a full tour. Well, if so, I ask myself the same question as Lamplight , why not include at least one trip in each direction?

2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

That's defintely not the case, for example on SEHS if you spawn at 23:55 there is no train at Rainham, and if you spawn at 00:00 it spawns there, there should have been an ECS run around midnight, but Matt said a run has to be fully in 1 day, so the timetable would break if you go for more than one day, at least on SEHS.
    I've just checked and this is partially wrong, there is a discepancy, but it's not the whole train spawning, it's just that during the night an 8 car train pulls into the station, yet in the morning it's a 4 car set. - BTW if you spawn before midnight and then wait until the next day starts the set simply remains an 8-car set. I can't be bothered to wait until next morning to see what happens.
    Train Sim World® 2 (7).jpg Train Sim World® 2 (6).jpg

Also a train could also simply go off the map anyway, like the ICEs on SKA where they go Off the Map > Koln > Aachen > Off the map

I personally believe that timetable mode doesn't actually restart at midnight, so if you spawn at 23:55 and wait until "the next day" nothing will happen, and there won't be any active service. I have no proof for that obviously.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  3. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Just to clarify - the update to the bakerloo timetable is a couple of extra services specifically for the new livery and not the revamped bigger timetable that was discussed originally.

The SPG upgrade also does *not* include longer consists - we looked at that but there wasn't time in the schedule, it quickly spirals out to a lot of work, it's not just adding freight cars - all the physics needs revamping to the sherman standard on all vehicles, the vehicles themselves would need updates to support the new physics and controls, the services would need non trivial changes to build up the longer trains as they wouldn't all fit in the roads they're assigned etc, all the scenarios need re-work etc etc. Definitely something on my personal wish list as I still enjoy running SPG and it's dampened by how much better the trains feel on Sherman. But I just want to be really clear that this is *not* part of the expansion pack.

Lastly - no, timetables don't technically need to end in the same state as they start. They do if the timetable expects to loop however it transpires there are many other issues with the looping functionality and there are many practical issues with making a timetable always end in the same place since that's just not how railways work (mostly for Freight, you'd spend the latter half of the day undoing all the work of the first half, which is a bit nonsense really). Hence most timetables don't loop and they are not built with the contraints of it in mind, which does mean that the entire day can at least be a little more varied. If at some point in the future it becomes possible to do say a timetable that's 7 days long, you could imagine perhaps things returning to their start places over the course of that period - but I absolutely shudder to think about building a 7 day timetable hah given it takes 2 hours to simulate a 1 day timetable and you need to do that for each time you want to test a change :) (The original SPG timetable was built when it took literally 24 hours to do one of those simulations, which is why it was quite basic compared to what we can do now :) ).

Matt.

• Helpful Helpful x 8
    • Like Like x 6
  4. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Would it help (and would it even be possible) for longer trains if they were added to SPG to start with brakes already pumped and released? I know it would take away one element but might help lower the impact on the timetable.

As for timetables - if they start and end in a different place, what would happen if you spawned on foot and just tried to watch for more than 24 hours?

• Like Like x 1
  5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification TrainSim-Matt even if some of it wasn't what we wanted to hear particularly.

6. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

That means if we had the SMH physics at SPG we had 40 car freight trains at SPG for PS4 and Xbox One instead of the 50 car trains we have at SPG now? That's why we need more physics optimization.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

So true, that's what I say in the above post, hopefully, this is not true, and it will give out more just like the Koln-Aachern or that would be crazy, and not to even think about the price of it yet.

8. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'm not overly concerned about the length of the consists in American freight routes. After about 50 cars , I'm not counting. Yes, I know it affects the driving experience and I enjoy the challenge of starting a long train on Sherman Hill. But SPG has always been my favorite route and, with this totally unexpected freshening of the route, it will continue to be so. I'm looking forward to the " new " loco roster and the Improved horn sounds and whatever else they throw in to the mix. The quality of SPG has never been surpassed, in my view, so this pack can only be good news.

• Like Like x 1
  9. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

If this is the case, the cost shouldn't be that expensive, lower than $15.00 at least, because of no update to the timetable Bakerloo line or the SPG, or any huge upgrade to them, only the koln aachen have the huge upgrade, that is kinda unfair to us here. :|

• Like Like x 1
  10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

How much was the DLGW launch price?

11. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

12. solicitr

$23 US is 20 Euros and 17.50 pounds. Americans getting a raw deal? (Maybe we're being charged extra for transatlantic shipping...)

13. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Depends on the price of this pack for me, I’m only really interested in the SKA enhancements, so I wouldn’t mind paying the same price as the DLGW add on, but I wouldn’t pay any more.

• Like Like x 1
  14. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

So that means that if for some reasons I spawn at 23:55, in the "next day" there will be no active service, unless some timetables are desinged to loop, right? and are there any timetables which are able to do that? maybe something simple like IoW

15. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

It's like this for all non-route DLC. See the (short) discussion here:
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  16. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

A lot of services end in portals and start in portals - so they will actually loop no problem. It *will* start executing the timetable again basedon where trains now are - which may or may not work, but portal trains will work fine so actually generally speaking looping over midnight *kinda* works but not fully.

• Like Like x 2
  17. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I see, that makes sense, I'm kinda curious to see what happens to the Schrödinger SEHS train which is 8 and 4 cars at the same time now :D

I guess it's going to be something boring like the unexpected composition problem or whatever it's called

• Like Like x 1
  18. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know, when Köln-Aachen is actually set, but I guess it's pre-Covid. So, to be correct, that is not the whole truth.

In 2020, there was one IC between Köln and Aachen:

https://www.fernbahn.de/datenbank/suche/?zug_id=20200102403

IC 2403 leaving Hamburg-Altona 13:40, arriving at Köln 18:00, and with an intermediate stop at Düren (18:23/18:25) it arrives at Aachen 18:48.

In 2019, there where two IC, the above mentioned IC 2403, and IC 1941

https://www.fernbahn.de/datenbank/suche/?zug_id=20190101941

Coming from Berlin-Ostbahnhof 14:48 heading to Aachen via Düsseldorf and Mönchengladbach, leaving Aachen 20:57 and after an intermediate stop in Düren (21:23/21:25) arriving in Köln 21:47

In 2018 there were 4 IC-Services
    IC 2403, IC 1919 IC 1927 and IC 2404

The IC 2403 service was there since December 2014, and I don't think SKA is set before December 2014.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Matt Do you know how many new services are going to be for the expansion pack for Bakerloo with the new livery?

20. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

These use RRO to reach SKA from Hagen HBF and if you look at the back of them there's a Cab Car that is Absent. Some of these IC trains that end & start at Aachen HBF do the Koln HBF turntable as start point

21. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

It would be good if there was a timetable based in 1978/early 1979 with TS38s and original liveried TS72 Mk2s running side-by-side prior to the Stanmore branch becoming the Jubilee Line.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Then I defer to your superior knowledge. My comment was based on the Wikipedia article of IC lines and everyone on the forums claiming that no 101s run between Köln and Aachen.

23. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

SKA is set in early 2020 before all of the covid lockdowns in Germany

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  24. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Just gonna ping Joethefish to see to see what he says about theIC services

25. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Some say it could be a depot move. Others say it could be a full line run. Some certain numbers have even been listed as possibilities.

I can confirm one person in this thread has got it right. :)

• Like Like x 3
  26. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

You got missed the 363 Loco for shunting after Köln Hansaring with IC Wagen

27. robert_LH

robert_LH Member

I would also like to know how many additional services will be added to Bakerloo. :)

• Like Like x 1
  28. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Hyping up scenarios as if they add any lasting value to a pack.

total pass for me

• Like Like x 1
  29. solicitr

IIRC, 2403 was an IC2, i.e. 146 + Dostos.

30. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Well, IRL a lot of IC 2 services were replaced by BR 101's due to reliability issues, so I don't mind it being there.

• Like Like x 1
  31. solicitr

However, I believe in those cases they just swapped locos, so it would be 101 + Dostos, not Eurofimas.

32. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I think beside the 3 scenarios there were 4 or 5 services added to the regular time table.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I actually don't think that's the case. The IC2's are operated as permanently coupled sets, and all the images I've seen pass by that mentioned a BR 101 replacing an IC2 were of BR 101's hauling eurofima (and associated) coaches. Take for example this Flickr entry. Even though I'd love to see it, I can't find any examples of BR 101's hauling IC dostos in passenger traffic (perhaps this has happend on PBZ services, but I have no images of that either).

Edit:
    After a quick search, I did find this image of a BR with IC Dostos, but this wasn't a passenger service, rather a transport of a failed train that was out of service.

[​IMG]

I must say I secretly really like the look of that. IC2 push-pull sets with a traffic red BR 101 and capable of 200 km/h (with slightly more comfortable seating and a proper BordRestaurant) would be an absolute dream IMO. But then again, the Swiss have pretty much created that with their IC 2000 sets (pictured below, and featured in this suggestion of mine ;)).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

According to the databank used, it was a standard IC1 (101 + single deck coaches).

Edit: See here.

35. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I'd only be interested in Bakerloo so don't want to pay for something I would never use.