Xbox Sale Was On

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by david5150, Jul 13, 2021.

1. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

This issue is that some of us (me as a prime example) don't play enough games to warrant getting game pass.
    I understand its probably great for getting new players but it doesn't feel like the player base who already own the game and play it regularly are getting any love on Xbox at least.

• Like Like x 1
  2. fl991r

fl991r Member

I think the Game Pass thing is a red herring. For one, I've never heard anyone from DTG cite Game Pass as a reason why we don't get sales. Secondly, all Game Pass does for DLC is decrease the price by 10%. Epic, Playstation, and Steam are all currently having discounts up to 90% per route.

Okay, so maybe Game Pass makes the game "free", which means they make less money off of selling the game. While this may be true, there are a couple of reasons to suspect it is not:

1. Games don't go on Game Pass for "free". Microsoft works out an arrangement with each developer for payment to have their game on the platform. Sometimes, it's a flat fee. Other times, Microsoft pays for development costs on an ongoing basis.
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/p...rs-get-paid-from-xbox-game-pass/1100-6484858/

2. The base game is essentially "free" on other platforms, too. On Epic, they were literally giving it away as a free game, and on Steam, the base game is currently something like $5. Even if those are subsidized (esp. in the Epic case), that makes it no different from Game Pass where the game is subsidized at some level too.

There's a huge gulf between -10% and -90%. I don't know what explains it, but I'm pretty sure it's not Game Pass. Even if Game Pass made the revenues from the base game lower, it wouldn't be a difference as large as -10% and -90%. This company basically sells DLC for a living. DLC is its main product. To sell it to some consumers at a -90% discount and to others at a -10% discount is just unbelievable to me, whatever the reasons behind it.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

And on the other hand you have heavy gamers like myself where I own about three quarters of all the games on GP, and the rest are stuff I'm not interested in like football ones and suchlike, making GP a poor value proposition for me, but for vastly different reasons.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

Its really just renting a game, i have no reason to rent games that are like 10 dollars to buy off g2a or physical. some people that play random games like that sure it works for them but i really only have a select few games i play and rather just buy them outright than worry about having to renew another subscription. Also paying to rent the game just to get discounts on dlc seems counterintuitive. This is why i ended up buying TSW1 collectors edition for $5 and transferring all the dlc to 2 for free.

• Like Like x 1
  5. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Just a quick question from me; are there going to be sales on xBox soon with it being Christmas or not?

6. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

As the end of the year sale has already begun most certainly not and I wouldn't expect any significant sales anytime soon. We had that one in summer with some very few items being about 40% off in the maximum and that's it for the entire 2021 (and most parts of 2020 as well).

Regarding GP: I admit I really love it! It gave me the chance to sneak in some games I most likely wouldn't have bought or I was hesitating to buy.
    And I could find out that some of them just weren't my kind of fun (Serious Sam 4, Kingdom Come Deliverance, NBA 2k) where I would have been quite upset if I had bought them while others turned out to be unexpected great experiences (Rage 2 and Outriders) I likely would have missed without GP.

And the new cloud gaming function is quite interesting... played TSW on a tablet yesterday. Never thought this could be possible :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

Well said and totally agree. Without GP (TSW2020) I would never have purchased TSW2, and around £200 of additional content). So it can work for developers.

• Like Like x 3
  8. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

After finding this on discord, that's a big fat no. unknown-1.png

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Princess Entrapta

upload_2021-12-24_11-54-37.png

Other than the monthly ones on the same low effort shovelware twin stick shooters and dating sims I constantly see discounted. So what special relationship do those studios have with MS to be constantly featured in Deals With Gold and frequent larger sales?

• Like Like x 2
  10. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

This week there is a DLC sale in the XboxStore and guess what is NOT on sale.:mad::mad:

• Like Like x 2
  11. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

TSW is a joke on Xbox

12. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Blame Microsoft not DTG

13. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Jokes aside, does anyone know how much it takes until the GP discount is applied after a release?
    It didn't bother me for the G6 but with the Tharandter ramp upcoming it'd be interesting to know if this could get active before the weekend...
    I don't have exact numbers for previous releases but as I remember there have been a few days in between..

14. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Sometimes its instant, sometimes its several hours

15. dva94steam

dva94steam New Member

To what extent can the seemingly in-game Dovetail store play a role in providing offering more sales? Or is that simply tied into the same Microsoft-systems? Though some platform might not respond well to independently operated stores.

16. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

The in game store is just an in game link to the Microsoft store, so unfortunately I don’t think that is going to help.

17. whiteleym#4287

whiteleym#4287 Active Member

A countdown add-on sale on the Xbox store, I check it and guess what? No TSW2 content in there. It is getting a little ridiculous now.

I kind of refuse to pay full price for DLC when other platforms get such heavy discounts. For the first time in a long time I've spent my Microsoft award points on other games this month.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

honestly that's how i feel and between that and the amount of bugs you get that never end up getting fixed i just don't play the game anymore. After trying to play boston sprinter when it came out and they never really fixed my i ended up refunding the rush hour tickets. 50 bucks for broken content over game that rarely gets fixed. we still have bits of the texture bug left thats probably never going to get touched.

• Like Like x 2
  19. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Somebody at dtg needs to have a zoom meeting with xbox store sale division and hammer out some kind of deal to get xbox players at least some kind of sale opportunities.More then once in a blue moon.We are tired of being left out because of lack of sale slots.I'm not bothered paying full price but that doesn't mean we don't enjoy sales once in a while to.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Don't be too harsh on the blue moon, they happen more often than the sales!

• Like Like x 6
  21. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I've noticed that if you wait a day or 2 the new releases go on 10% off if you have Gamepass.

But if you buy the day of release it's full price. It happened to me with BR187 and the G6 is where I noticed it. There was no discount when I bought it but I checked back on Saturday and then it had the 10% discount.

So just a thought if you don't see any discount on day one and want to save the 10%. I know I do I calculated up that I have spent just over $1300.00 Canadian on all I have purchased over the last 2 years. Plus the cost of a Series X which was $739.00 but that wasn't just for this game.

22. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Saturday sounds not too bad for todays release... :cool: since there aren't any other sales I'll definetely go for at least that as well (except the TSG releases).

23. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

DTG's stance on this is infuriating. Like you say there are CONSTANT sales on Xbox across the spectrum from shovelware to AAA games. I play a lot of games other than TSW, and the complete lack of TSW discounts is really strange- like almost every other game on Xbox at least has pre-order or launch discount.

I just don't think DTG really even try with Xbox. Xbox is admittedly their smallest market but it's disappointing nonetheless. OTOH, at least we don't have to deal with the PS5 DLC limit, so it's not all bad i guess.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Princess Entrapta

Can't imagine why the platform with no sales might have the lowest sales figures.

• Like Like x 6
  25. Alex_m30x#7297

Maybe Xbox look for games which have very high sales (buys) across all DLC, where as Train Sim World has lots of different DLC, and most people dont buy all off them. That could be it maybe, Xbox reward those with very high returning buyers.

26. Gtasandman

Gtasandman Active Member

They need to transfer to an in game store like ubsoft just make xbox store sell those stupid points pass and make it so you can buy dlc directly with those points that way they can set whatever price they want

• Like Like x 3
  27. jthornalley

jthornalley Member

We have an item on sale
    Train Sim World 2 Rush Hour Deluxe Edition - £8.99

I would expect most people have this but if you don't this is a great price

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. sivn#4246

sivn#4246 Member

Seems a very good price

29. fl991r

fl991r Member

Bought it immediately! Thanks for the post!

30. Alex_m30x#7297

I hope that DTG dont think that that counts as a 'sale' as most people would already have it, and it is just to encourage more people to try and start playing the game. DLC sales is a 'sale'

• Like Like x 6
  31. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

If you have the base game then it's essentially a DLC sale. Three routes bundled together with 80% off. That's a great deal however we look at it. I personally haven't had them before because I wasn't too interested, but at this price I may get them. It's a steal really.

• Like Like x 1
  32. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

Indeed. I bought London Commuter when it was released as I was self-isolating at the time. I did get either of the other two routes, but for £4.50 each I might well do? IMG_20220125_195942.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  33. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I only have the physical disk for XBOX. It's worth the 12CHF not to have to put the disk in every time. It's a shame none of the other DLC is in the sale though.

• Like Like x 1
  34. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

Hold on- there was an Xbox sale? When?

35. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

The last two weeks was a DLC sale, just without TSW

• Like Like x 2
  36. madmatt213

madmatt213 Member

Just wanted to add my name to the growing list of folks demanding for a gosh dang DLC sale for TSW2. The sales team at DTG needs to get on the horn with Phil Spenser to hash out a deal.

37. Princess Entrapta

Yep, this month's reward points were a choice between getting a TSW2 DLC for half price and getting Hatsune Miku Logic Paint S for free, since it was on sale and my points exceeded its reduced price. So those extra locos for my routes can wait.

38. Alex_m30x#7297

How / where do you look?

39. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Mikulogic S is such a great game, it was well worth its price.

• Like Like x 1
  40. Princess Entrapta

As a bonus, I can just leave it on the menu screen on random shuffle while washing my dishes :D

41. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I searched for this game out of sheer curiosity, expecting a Japanese train game or suchlike lol. :D

42. madmatt213

madmatt213 Member

My monthly $10 of Microsoft rewards went to the Back Compatibility game sale, so the numerous 10% off TSW2 routes have to wait for me too.

43. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Whilst it's nice that the rush hour bundle is on sale, I won't get it due to the instability of the routes and the atc problem on the acs64 which has yet to be fixed. I don't want to buy something and then be met with a memory crash

44. Melbourne_Dan

Melbourne_Dan New Member

Interesting take on bugs if you haven't downloaded it.... Personally I play Boston sprinter often, hardly ever crashes, safety systems work great for me on both locos, there's some red light action occasionally (but it's a busy route tbh), it's a top route IMO. Well worth my money so far

45. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

And yet london commuter does crash along with riesa. Also just because I haven't downloaded a route doesn't mean there are issues with the rush hour routes still. Im not gonna gamble on a product that has issues

46. Melbourne_Dan

Melbourne_Dan New Member

I completely understand you there with London and Dresden, i've had those issues too. I was just saying that Boston sprinter is well worth it if you were unsure or skeptical. I had doubts and people on here seem to slag it off but IMO It's one of my favourite routes, it never crashes for me on 8th gen xbox.

• Like Like x 2
  47. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Boston is a fine route, but marred by the signalling and safety systems which really need some TLC. DTG will hopefully fix the issues but don’t hold your breath as they are literally full steam ahead with other projects. Using it without the safety systems provides a not unpleasant hassle-free driving experience, but I still feel I’m cheating lol.

• Like Like x 1
  48. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Seems like a good place to post.

rush hour deluxe edition is a laughable £8.99
    3x core and 3x RH DLC’s for this price??

sold even though I have the game on the pass
    Purely to try out in the series S as PS is main platform.

just FYI really (lunar sale)

49. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Think we will have to wait until July for another Microsoft TSW2 sale or maybe longer.

• Like Like x 1
  50. madmatt213

madmatt213 Member

Whenever they do have any routes and trains on sale, I'll probably buy them all like a doofus, just so I'm not sitting around waiting around another year for a sale again.

• Like Like x 1