Hst Needs A "paxman Valenta" Engine In My Opinion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gabe_1.0, Jul 30, 2018.

?
  1. Yes, It's the real deal

68.8%
  2. No

31.3%
  1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

The mighty HST once upon a time was fitted with a "Valenta" type engine. Screaming jets coming down the track, mighty power, mighty loud. It's true power and glory. When armstrong powerhouse released the Valenta engine sound pack for the HST in Railworks at the time I was very pleased and happy. They never did a followup and the soundpack was outdated. Post Links and videos here to show off the valenta engine in action. The question is where's a good source to get the engine sounds required for this changeover?

• Like Like x 1
  2. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

GWE is set in 2015 when I'm pretty certain that no HST still has a Valenta engine. The chances of DTG obliging your desire for Valenta engine is zero. When the creation tools are eventually released then you can create a scenario/route set at a time when Valenta engines were still in use.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gabe_1.0

Acually it's not impossible, we just need some $$$$ and writting some letters. In May 2011, it was announced that the 125 Group would return prototype HST powercar 41001 to service. The powercar was at that time on static display at the National Railway Museum, York. It received a full overhaul, and was fitted with a reconditioned Paxman Valenta RP200L engine, number S508 installed new into Virgin CrossCountry's 43153 in 2001, before re-installation into First Great Western's 43143 after a spell in storage. It was one of about 10 engines that the 125 Group obtained.On 15 November 2014, 41001 hauled its first passenger train in preservation.

So the mission is to go to NRM in York, find that locomotive and verify it's there and it's not part of our imagination and start her up and get all the sounds recorded

4. Bacon_BMW

Bacon_BMW Active Member

But what would it run on. There is a difference in it being something and actually having a reason to put it in game. Stop copying Wikipedia articles, too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gabe_1.0

Copy and Paste, works very well. Give it try, it's fun.

6. ItsYa165

ItsYa165 Well-Known Member

omg paxman and a marston cooler

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bacon_BMW

Bacon_BMW Active Member

But it shows you don't even care. If you actually do the research instead of just copy and pasting, people will care.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Gabe_1.0

Bacon, I'm not going to do a 200 page research project for your or anybody else. This is simply a suggestion but it's a suggestion that I find very intresting. There hasn't been much else imput here to support this idea yet but if you are expecting a 200 page report on why I belive Hst Needs A "paxman Valenta" Engine. You misread the whole topic, it was purely an opinion.

9. Bacon_BMW

Bacon_BMW Active Member

I'm not saying you need 200 pages, it can be something short, but what I'm trying to say is that what your doing won't do anything. You're showing DTG that you don't care enough to evn write your own words. If you would just write like a paragraph in your own words, it would probably gain more traction. I'm trying to help you here.

10. Bacon_BMW

Bacon_BMW Active Member

You know what, I give up. I don't think you'll ever get what I'm saying and that's OK.

11. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Erm... Right. I hope you realise that GWR has no Valenta HSTs, right? So no need to put them in. Obviously it would be needed if we happened to get WCML for TSW, but this hasn't happened.