PlayStation First Timer

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Samo1, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

I’m a mature gamer but never played this type of sim before, Im really looking forward to playing, any newbie tips I should know about and is the manual detailed enough to cover complete novices?

Thanks Samo1

• Like Like x 1
  2. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

Hi there. Welcome to the forum. :)

There will be a manual included with the PS4 release. There are also tutorials in the game to teach you how to drive these locomotives, but I would say that some of the hardest things about driving these trains, such as judging stopping distances, comes with practice. There's also a number of guides available online to teach you what the various trackside signals and signs mean when you feel comfortable enough to drive without the HUD.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply

4. Feastival

Feastival New Member

Tried to search for the guides concerning the signals and signs but failed, can i get a address or something? Cause now i’m also playing it on steam and trying to drive without HUD:(

5. TrainSim-Luke

6. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Hey Samo and welcome. Just take it slow and enjoy :) Remember its not a race- the scoring system kind of pushes you to rush which I think is a shame as it detracts from the enjoyment of driving the trains, following signals, enjoying the scenery and generally just playing trains which is what we're here for I guess ;) So best advice I can give is not worry too much about the ridiculously tight schedules that mean you have to drive at .5mph below the max all the time. Just aim to drive it as you might in real life (i.e. safely) and its suddenly very enjoyable indeed.

Edit- Luke can tell you all there is to know about over-running stations because of driving too fast ;) Im sure the last dev stream is kicking around somewhere....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2018
  7. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Cheers Sunscreen appreciated and noted

• Like Like x 1
  8. TrainSim-Luke

Erm... yeah... it is... :S

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

10. Feastival

Feastival New Member

11. haanuman

haanuman New Member

12. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

I have obtained the PS4 disc, loaded this up and received the day 1 update but can trace no manual. Has anyone else received a manual?

13. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i bought the game today and it had no manual inside the case. it would be useful to know how you can switch the hud off when approaching a station as i find it gets in the way, to judge braking distances. Also how do yo look around outside the train when driving it like i have seen on Youtube

15. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

The HUD options can be found in the Settings Menu. On Xbox, so not sure if its the same on PS4 , you can also attach a Keyboard to the Console and you can hide those Elements with F1.

You can switch the Camera´s when you hold down the Right Stick (RS) and select from the Menu the Camera options. After that hit the Triangle button and you can move the camera around.

The Manual can be found here: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live...10.1486451862.1532307461-207195310.1520109220