Poll On In Cab Announcment, And Platform Announcment

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix, Feb 2, 2022.

?
  1. Yes

48 vote(s)
    81.4%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    18.6%
  1. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

This is one of the features, that I still do not see come as of yet, but I would like to know how many people would like to see this come in-game, and what ranking would you put this in if you was to pick this feature, vs the other features we would like to see already?

• Like Like x 1
  2. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

I think it's ridiculous that there's still nothing like this in the game. Especially shame for the LU map...

• Like Like x 1
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The question isn't as simple as "would we like" and "how much would you like"
    If they do platform or on train announcements people will want them as realistic as possible, preferably from IRL, and then you get into legal matters of IP in the same way you do for logos.
    It's been discussed on streams several times and whilst it's in the "would like to do" pile, it's not being worked on from what Matt and Sam said last (that I watched)

• Like Like x 7
  4. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Wonder if I should start a poll to have polls removed from the forums?
    This another can of worms that has been discussed many times before.
    Nutritious when roasted.

• Like Like x 7
  5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Matt has addressed this several times. From a technical perspective it would be quite easy to do. However, from a legal perspective it would be a mess, and lawyers' time costs a lot more than programmers'

• Like Like x 1
  6. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I agree - too many polls of late rehashing previously discussed subjects.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

These meaningless and self-serving, self fulfilling polls are getting ridiculous. Polls should be placed in a separate sub forum and then we could more easily ignore them. At the very least banish them to the Suggestions forum.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I think this is a must have feature. For me, it doesn’t have to be the real deal. Just get someone with a decent voice to do it. I’d do it, but I don’t have a decent voice :D

• Like Like x 3
  9. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I actually think the "would you buy it?" polls for route and train suggestions could be somewhat useful, but, no offence to OP, this and other similar ones are a bit pointless.

Maybe we can make having [POLL] in the title mandatory as a forum rule? But TBF OP indicated it in the title, so you could ignore it.

Again, no offence to OP, I think the problem rather than the polls is going back over and over again on topics which have been covered many times already. Maybe a FAQ/Most Requested post could be added to the "Getting Started" section to amend this problem, this could include stuff like Multiplayer, Editors, Announcements, Inclusion of Other countries, Lighting, Dispatcher, etc... I feel like if someone doesn't watch the roadmap streams will be out of the loop very quickly, and I have to say the MSFS community team does a much better job with communicating the "current state of the game", and I like their weekly updates a lot more than the current TSW roadmap.

Another way to fix this would be to have another section on the roadmap called: "current state" which again tells the players the current state of these "most wanted" features, for example:

• Announcements: would be easy to make technically but it would require a lot of licensing. No current plans to include it
    • Route Extensions: would require a lot of gameplay design, a lot of effort to merge the timetables (probabily rebuild them), but technically feasible. No current plans to do it
    • Xbox Sounds: Possible fix found, requires a lot of work, testing and QA: Possibily in the far future
    • Etc...

But I fear adding this section to the roadmap after DTG worked so hard so that the roadmap would be just about what is about to change could be counterproductive. "If it's on the roadmap we are not working on it anyway?"

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Absolutely need but for the existing German routes they're going to sound like each other because of the same Ingo Ruff voices. SNCF is Simone Herault ÖBB Chris Lohner you can hear her on DB BR182 MRCE BR182

11. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

Why is it a problem as far as it's realistic?

BTW long ago for MSTS there was software running in the background, and it was community based just like the sounds. Wouldn't it could be a good way to go?

12. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Thank you for telling me about this and the more realistic ones for the German routes it's actually a combination of Helga Bayertz and Ingo Ruff like Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg DB BR423 S3 S4

13. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Im starting to see these as spam. Rather than viewing the forum and adding value to posts with a lot more detail there seems to no end of these which are just duplicated within the last two months and in the main answered questions.

The forum has a good search question which will answer most of these “polls” and “why don’t DTG” and “DTG haven’t done” posts. If it’s genuinely to get an answer, use the search first, if it’s just to get the most forum posts in ten minutes then people will get frustrated.

I will gladly read something uncovered by forum though

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  14. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

Ultimately having them would get very annoying...
    As they are annoying in real life too!

15. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It's the nature of forums. As they become more popular you get more new people and they want the same answers (and often a lack of will or knowledge of how to hunt down posts in the same context)

• Like Like x 3
  16. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Its mainly the kids get told in the livestream that its not on the road map or is not being looked at and then they stomp their feet and stick a poll up to show Dovetail how many people would want to to see it. These posts are just a big waste of time and should be disabled in the forum!
    Hentis

• Like Like x 4
  17. chieflongshin

Can we please add a "no more polls (unless In suggestion forum)" to this poll please

• Like Like x 5
  18. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I could start a "No more polls: yes or no:" poll.... :cool:

• Like Like x 5
  19. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I think DTG Should create a poll collum on the forum, with its only tab

20. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

No they don't.

21. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Writing a good polling question is an art form where the pollster does not sway opinions to one side or the other of the issue at hand. I am afraid this latest blast of ill conceived polls are little more than thinly veiled statements of an individuals desires wanted others to agree with those desires. The other problem with this deluge of polls is that they are referencing topics that have been previously discussed in detail in previous threads.

I would hope if one was interested in finding where the community falls on an issue, that individual would do a search of the topics and read what has been previously discussed rather than throwing up a poll.

• Like Like x 5
  22. chieflongshin

I think it would be under-utilised once you’ve got your polling out your system.

• Like Like x 1
  23. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

LOL Very Funny.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 1