New Journeys Expansion Pack Stream (10th Feb) - Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DTG JD, Feb 8, 2022.

1. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hello folks,

We'll be streaming a preview of the New Journeys Expansion Pack, coming soon to Train Sim World 2, this Thursday (10th Feb) at 20:00 UTC. We'll aim to preview the content for all three featured routes (Schnellfahrstrecke Köln - Aachen, Sand Patch Grade, Bakerloo Line), whilst answering your questions.

The pack adds new scenarios, services and journeys to Bakerloo Line, Schnellfahrstrecke Köln - Aachen and Sand Patch Grade. You can also look forward to liveries for the the 1972 Stock, SD40 and the new loco with the DB BR 423 included.

Do you have any questions for us in advance of the stream? We'll try to collate and answer what we can.

Useful resources:
    See you then!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Flint#2727

Flint#2727 New Member

How much will this cost?

• Like Like x 6
  3. eihowa#6717

eihowa#6717 Member

What services can we drive with the Br 101 and Br 425 and how many AI trains are there at Köln and Aachen?

• Like Like x 3
  4. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

How many services will the Bakerloo expansion pack include?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
  5. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Pricing structure and what was the thought process behind it. I mean it's not good there are still so many issues with the routes, playstation issues etc but it's OK to milk more money from the consumers. Maybe make this pack free as a show of good faith.
    Sam mentioned something about refunds or free stuff last year when he spoke about the rush hour problems

• Like Like x 3
  6. mark.bolter

mark.bolter Active Member

How do you expect people to buy more packs/DLC when we still haven’t received the promised updates we’ve waited so long for.
    Surely this should be more prioritised.
    I certainly won’t be buying anything else till it’s improved (PS5 user)
    I would give a list of issues but it’s to big to mention

• Like Like x 8
  7. damarjatiaji

damarjatiaji Guest

tbh this is waste of money for me

• Like Like x 2
  8. jacobfiremanz

jacobfiremanz Member

Which lines are it

9. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

For the BR423, will any of this be fixed?:
    -No line numbers on the BR423 (not added to the BR423, or timetable not adapted for it, as it does not show up on the station-PIS) will this be added?
    -BR423-PIS should be in green, not in white, as the ones running on SKA are not refurbished.
    -wrong placement of DB-logos on the side. The S-Bahn Köln-BR423 don't spot the big DB-logos on the side but only small ones next to the S-Bahn Köln-logo. (From the screenshots the small logos seem to be there on one side of the cab-car).
    -missing DB-logos on the Doors
    -wrong placement of pictograms and missing class designations between the windows, and missing 1st class. They are different in Köln, compared to Munich.
    image to compare:
    https://hellertal.startbilder.de/bi...433/354910/ein-kurzzug-der-baureihe-423-.html

Nearly all of it was already mentioned in the Festival of Rail-Stream and Matt said, he will look at it.

• Like Like x 3
  10. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

What happens to this Pack if the Routes are changed in the Core Game. Will it then be split into 3 individual mini DLC?

11. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Where is the hard line between receiving a free timetable upgrade , or one promised at release and then charging for a new one on a route we’ve already bought? Bakerloo 400 services which is still not here for example.

The concept seems muddy and open for gain when previous work promised and paid for isn’t buttoned up.

• Like Like x 3
  12. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

When was the last time a route was changed in the game that it affected dlc?

Hentis

13. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

As far as I know, we haven't had any new DLC that affects multiple Routes as their Homeroutes at the same Time. So I'd like to know if SPG,SKA and Bakerloo are eventually gone from Core, will new Players still have to buy a DLC for 2 Routes they don't own?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2022
  14. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I suspect they will become available as separate routes. Seeing as this is what happened to Great Western Express & Rapid Transit when TSW 2 came out.

Regards

Hentis

15. kolesnikvictor

kolesnikvictor Active Member

Absolutely agree with above-listed comments. Why do you DTG continue to release new bugged raw half-arsed DLCs to be paid instead of concentration on game fixes and improvements? Don't you now that it's road to nowhere? Providing that we have more than 40 dlcs it seems to be there won't be ever fixed. Each week we expect from you news about patches but we get nothing, only empty words and promises. You think that many casual players will buy new content automatically and support your policy but it's not acceptable from my point of view. As for me I can buy new content only after you'll fix previous one. I'll wait for further information from you but now not

• Like Like x 5
  16. ÐFG

ÐFG New Member

Do I need to have HMA to play the BR 423 SKA? If so, wouldn't that limit the playerbase since it's a core route?

17. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

No, you don‘t need to buy it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

How does the livery on the 72 Stock look like?

19. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Will this have Rush Hour features seen on Nahverkehr Dresden and Brighton Main Line that will be useful for Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen and Bakerloo Line? Another thing to consider will the Journey pack enable the use of Updated DB BR146.2 DB BR143 MRCE BR185.5 on Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen services or not? DB BR363 Riesa-Dresden might be useful on Aachen Rothe Erde Stolberg Köln Hbf and Düren Yards

• Like Like x 1
  20. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

[​IMG] something like this

• Like Like x 1
  21. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Here's the real-life basis looks like this one has a red front instead of the silver colour seen here

22. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

Does the Expansion Pack come before Luzern‘s Release or after?

23. CowBoyWolf

Not sure since usually it’s a preview then a release the week after

24. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

Do you think you'll do more expansion packs like this in the future?

25. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Agree with you 100%. We were told that the Bakerloo line would have 600 services at launch didn’t happen. Then we were told there were issues with that and they were working on it to resolve it and an update would be issued. Now they have worked on it we are expected to pay for it as part of this expansion pack.

DTG appear to have learnt nothing about customer frustrations about this game and continue to apologise and come up with excuses.

• Like Like x 3
  26. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Its koln we’re paying for, Bakerloo is only a livery.
    My concern is if they revisit Bakerloo timetable will they then charge for it in the same way they have with Koln or would this be honoured on the basis of what Rush hour was originally pitched at.
    It’s very grey in what would fall under both.

• Like Like x 1
  27. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Why is it that the new rapid transit timetable was free but the new timetable for koln isn't? I thought any timetable upgrades (adding additional services as was done with rapid transit) for existing routes would fall to the preservation crew and would be free updates so does that mean that future timetable updates will have to be paid for now? What is the standard because it's weird that we can get a updated timetable for one route for free, but the other is locked behind a paywall. We can't have decisions flip flop when it comes to timetable upgrades. There aren't any new trains either that comes with the koln expansion. Just a inaccurate reskin of the S-bahn Munich BR423

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  28. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

My Question is more a curiosity:
    What was the deciding factor in doing this? Is it to experiment with the concept, or is it as simple as bringing the core routes some new interest?

-----

Worth noting that "Rush Hour" covers BML, DRA and NEC:BP, as a branding name for the three routes. BKL has the passenger system as far as I know, however it's not a Rush Hour Route.
    The Rush Hour passengers have been on these routes for a while, if I recall.

Otherwise, the SKA timetable has the 146.2, 143 shown as driveable, and a DB 185, but not MRCE - visible on the Stream Segment linked above.

The 363 I believe is there static, according to a post from Joe.

Rapid Transit's one was part of a wider Preservation Crew Update, because it was desperately needed. It doesn't add much by way of layers or new/modified stock, bar some stuff like the ICE.

This one, however, adds the Reskinned 423, numerous layers, new services, the entire S12 and more to the route. And is also part of the wider expansion pack.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

Wait, is this a modded reskin or made in livery desginer?

30. CowBoyWolf

Its the one coming in the Expansion pack

31. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

SKA: What's the status of S19 trains getting stuck at Sindorf in a head to head on the single track section? It's a problem that existed since the S-Bahn layer was added to SKA, and I can't remember if it has been fixed, a quick search on the forum did not yield any patch notes featuring "Sindorf" but it definitely wasn't a thorough search.
    This was the most recent official post I could find.

--If this is not fixed, will this risk to affect the new services? Since I believe Joe added on top of the existing S-19 layer.

--Could we see some details on the BR101 services?

--Is the BR425 a substitution for the BR146+DoStos formation or do they run different services?

--Is LZB working on the BR425?

• Like Like x 1
  32. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Numerous layers? I wouldn't call 1 db br 101 ic service, the addition of line s12 (which can be argued should've been in the original s-bahn layer timetable when the route released) a reskinned 423, and a few more of the same trains that were already layers of ska, "numerous layers" The RE and ICE services are the same. It's just a new s-bahn timetable so what you said doesn't really answer my question.

Also the wider expansion pack is just reskins which someone could've made in the livery designer and shared it when creators club releases and a few new scenarios.

• Like Like x 1
  33. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

My question is for the bakerloo line first question is how much will the expansion pack cost when will it be releasing would it be more extra services how many services is will it be in Will it make the route a lot more busy and on the Overground session the stop marker is wrong they are my questions thank you very much

34. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

Will there be differences between number of services on PS4 and PS5 on SKA (mainly layers)?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
  35. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I have absolutley nothing against paying for gameplay enhancements, nomatter which routes.

If people expect dtg doing additional services & liveries for free..., then i want to see the discussion about their own salary since we all work for free, dont we?

My point is with those packs we finally get a chance older routes get enhancement & additional services + static stock, and im a bit concerned after reading all the comments that dtg just focus on future releases, this way they dont need to bother about a moaning community asking for free content.

I dont want to attack somebodys opinion here, if i dont like a livery or a dlc i dont buy it. Doesnt mean because i dont like it, it should not exist.

Im interested in every kind of dlc which adds gameplay, so i really hope this is the begin of many timetable, content and also livery dlcs.

• Like Like x 3
  36. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Will this pack have effects on regular - not Plus - PS4 console, on performance wise?

37. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

Do you want to develop more Expansion Packs for Train Sim World 2 for example the Munich Augsburg Route where we could use a cab car of an IC developed by DTG?

• Like Like x 2
  38. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Just been announced on stream that it's coming next week (Thursday 17th February)

The price has also been announced at £8.99, which technically makes this pack the least expensive TSW2 add-on to date.

39. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

Or 10,99€

40. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Or $13.99

41. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

Will the expansion pack fix the stop marker on the Bakerloo line on the Overground session yes or no can I have an answer

42. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I made a reminder in the technical section. I mean its not gamebraking but its immersion braking to have a.i stopped half out of the platform with open doors.

43. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

Hi!
    I would like to see a tour with DB BR 100 and the IC coaches and LZB/PZB.

• Like Like x 1
  44. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

As I understand it, there'll be a lot more AI trains at Cologne - S6 and S11, Intercities off the Rhine, RE8 and RB27 towards Gladbach (which are partially playable), hopefully more too, and potentially at Aachen, Duren and Horrem. Making Cologne Hbf feel alive is a big deal for me, really looking forward to that.

45. simontreanor81

There is a playable evening eastbound service.

46. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

After trying the expansion I would like more of different possible trains on Now I can drive one of the RE-trains, ICE, a single IC and a couple of freights. After driving 105 or 125 km/h you go up to 140 km/h on LZB. Don’t know if it’s realistic, but it’s fun.

47. J.T.

J.T. Active Member

Because there will always be enough suckers who will buy the new bugged raw half-arsed DLCs and ask for more :/

Why should the developers at DTG bother finishing their products and fixing bugs when the community will happily swallow anything you throw at them?

Take a look at the achievement statistics in TSW2: Only 16.5% of players have completed at least 10 connections, less than 13% have driven more than 1000 miles, only 1.8% of players have completed all scenarios in the East Coastway add-on... This shows that the overwhelming number of people who buy TSW2 and the add-ons for TSW2 don't actually play them! And Dovetail Games sees this. In one of the streams, Sam made it clear: TSW2 is not a simulator but a collector's game about gradually building up your collection of add-ons - he said.

So if you wanted to play as a virtual train driver with TSW2... you've lost your money.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
  48. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Take a look at the markings on the freight cars. If they’re classed for SS or have 2/3 stars on them, they’re allowed to go 120 km/h max. If they’re classes for S service with no stars, then 100 km/h is as fast as you can go.

If memory serves, all freight cars in the game currently have a max speed of 120 km/h.

49. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

IIRC all of those are limited to 100 loaded; some are permitted 120 if empty. The intermodal well cars might be allowed 120 either way.

50. simontreanor81

Certainly in the UK containers are allowed to do 75mph, which I follow in German routes