"tsw2: Taking On The World" Achievement And Ntp

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by EchoKilo, May 13, 2021.

1. EchoKilo

EchoKilo Member

I've been driving on the Northern Trans-Pennine route recently (about half way through the journey mode), and I have noticed that I'm not getting the "Taking on the World" Steam achievement (the driving 10'000 miles one) updated with correct driven mileage. I just drove the whole distance from Leeds to Manchester (about 42 miles), but the driven distance recorded on the achievement only went up by one mile. Can anyone confirm this or is just something that's happening to me. It has now done that consistently over last 3-4 services that I have kept my eye on it.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Shuroop

Shuroop Member

Similarly, the progress indicator has been frozen at 7136 miles for a very long time :(

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

This has been discussed before and as far I am aware no solution or explanation has been offered by DTG. I had the same issue. It's as if this achievement is counting the services completed rather than the miles driven on certain routes.

I managed to get the achievement some time ago by driving other routes.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  4. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

This is a known problem. A response that I got was that it did not work properly after porting over from TSW. the fix recommended was to delete the dovetail live account and start again.
    So, I'm not doing that... To me it should be fixable, and, perhaps, an automatic completion for anyone whose game status is above a certain level (there must be a point whereby you would have had to have completed 10,000 miles to get to a particular game level...)

• Like Like x 1
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Surely just as likely anyone who is still playing haven driven that far (and still driving) will do so again?

6. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

play it on one of the main routes that came with tsw2
    I am sure it still work on those 3 routes
    that is how I completed that achievement last year

7. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

True, but it means that you have to start from scratch for all the achievements, including the collectables... that would be quite a sizeable commitment in time...

• Like Like x 1
  8. ARuscoe

You preceded the comment of "auto achievement" with "it should be fixable"
    I agree the achievement should be fixed, but not that people should then be automatically given it

9. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

My apologies. what I was trying to imply was that:
    1 the issue should be fixed, so future players can earn the achievement
    2 the existing players, who have been around long enough to have driven the miles required, get the achievement without having to go through the whole lot again - here I suspect that any fix may delete the miles gained so far. But if it doesn't then it wouldn't be such a great burden to complete the requirements.
    Of course this is just speculation - there is no indication that any fix is being worked on.

10. ARuscoe

True that