Other Experiencing A Crash?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by DTG Natster, Feb 2, 2022.

1. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

Platform: Xbox Series X

Experiencing crashes when departing Clapham Junction towards London Victoria from Brighton on both Southern and GX services. Does crash after 30 seconds of departure. Have tried multiple services from Brighton to Victoria but has come to the exact area of crashing, that’s even with all safety systems on and off. It runs fine from Victoria but from Brighton it just either crashes/freezes or force quits the game.

2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Could you provide some more details? I.e. what service did crash exactly (head code and/or time of departure would be useful), weather setting, and other details (for example, was that your first run or did you get to brighton first on another service). I never had a crash on Series X (and I have completed ~30 BML services and +50 Riesa Dresden services) and I'm quite curious to reproduce some myself.

3. doomedcookie

doomedcookie Active Member

Xbox Series S
    Leipzig S-Bahn 2017 Timetable Menu.
    Went to choose a route out the timetable.
    Went black then into the Microsoft main screen.
    But went back inside the the Timetable Menu and it worked the 2nd Time

4. kolobok 66-rus

kolobok 66-rus New Member

What platform are you on: PC
    Route/loco: Peninsula Corridor / F40PH-2CAT
    Service/scenario: 288 San Francisco to San Jose 18:57
    Location of crash : At the entrance to the South San Francisco station

Attached Files:

5. atpyatt

atpyatt Well-Known Member

What platform are you on: PC
    Route/loco: Peninsula Corridor / MP36-PH
    Service/scenario: 366 San Francisco to San Jose 16:37
    Location of crash : Approaching South San Francisco station

This has happened on at least 3 separate occasions to me, each time with a different service but always in exactly the same place.
    I have the Baby Bullet DLC for this route but not the MP15.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

doomedcookie - do you have autoload journeys on? is the crash always on your SECOND time in a service/scenario/tutorial - or can you make it break on a *first* time in after loading the game up fresh? Note: autoload will confuse this as you will always load into something before you exit out and back, meaning most of your "first" will actually be a "second" so if you can turn off autoload journeys in settings and then let me know. i'm out this weekend but will catch up with some tests after I return tomorrow night.

7. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

Xbox one
    London Commuter
    BR 377
    May custom weather (bit of wind and cloud)
    Can't remember name of service. Started sometime around 8 ish from 3 bridges to London Victoria (coming from Southampton).
    Game crashed about 0.7 miles from Clapham junction
    EDIT: repeated this service with similar conditions doing roughly the same thing. No crash at all.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
  8. thomastl59374

For providing video evidence (for future carshes) is it ok to DM in Discord as the forums only allow a small file size or link to YouTube video.

9. DTG Matt

Discord is fine :) Or just put them on youtube in an unlisted file, or put them on drpobox or onedrive and share the link. Whatever is easiest for you :)

10. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

If you use the xbox app you can share a clip loaded into xbox network as a link

First you select captures
    20220213_104153.jpg
    Then you select what clip you want to share, and then press "copy link"
    Screenshot_20220213-104220_Xbox.jpg
    For example here are a couple of clips of me recreating the crashed at London Victoria from loading two services consecutively described by shimarin

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/R5QCYR38
    https://www.xbox.com/play/media/RCX9XA8B
    https://www.xbox.com/play/media/ZAFGNV28

The xbox app is available here:
    Android || iOS

Not sure if the desktop xbox app (or console companion) has this feature though.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  11. mark.bolter

mark.bolter Active Member

PS5
    Quarry line scenario
    First route to play since booting up game,as soon as it shows me standing on platform game crashed when I moved towards train.
    Happened 13-2-2022
    Game is at 58gb
    Haven’t got any custom leveries installed
    Don’t use auto journey

12. rebrecs

rebrecs New Member

Thanks for the offer! I'm here to help.

• What platform are you on: PC/Steam
    • Route/loco: All passenger routes behave the same. All timetables within the impacted routes behave the same. For reference, I have documented details for three of the crashes here. The freight routes are crashing too, but differently so I intend to put them in their own thread. I suspect, if this gets fixed, then they will work also.
    1. Route=Therander Rampe /loco= BR-185RP/ service=Timetable 85302
    2. Boston Sprinter / ACS-64 V AMTK / N.E. Regional #93
    3. Schnellfahrstrecke Koln / BR406 DB /ICE 14
    • Location of crash: Explore--> select loco--> select timetable--> Crash.
    TSW2 Crash Capture.JPG

The Dxdiag report (text file) is attached to this post

Sir, my entire TSW2 has become inoperable. One day things were great, the next day - I have this. I *might be able to correlate this with a windows update, somewhere between 8 - 10 Febuary, 2022. (maybe, not proven, in progress)

I will check my forum profile to be sure my email address is there.
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

13. DTG Matt

This really feels like a mod or driver or something rather than the game - if everything was crashing like this the forum would be alight with player problems.

Can I confirm you have completely removed all mods and engine ini changes and reverted the game back to completely vanilla?

Have you checked your graphics driver version and seen if there is an update?

If you look back through this thread somewhere there is an outline of how to find your crash dumps - if you can ping them over to me I can see if they help at all.

Matt.

14. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Platform: PS4
    Route: Sherman Hill
    (But might happens on Sand Patch Grade)

I have experiencing a new problem, I do no have before the last updates!

When driving a long train - so usually US freight ones - , and try to change external camera view to the end of the train, then the game after few seconds crashed!
    There is no error message it kept "frozen" in one of the community's winner of screenshot images!
    So I have no other chance but to shut down the PS4.

This have happened to me several times, so now I can not do it anymore, because I lost all the time and ride I have been doing at to that point of the route.

As taking about camera view change, it will be much better if the first time you change from both front to rear and vice versa, it takes you to the free moving camera.
    Nowadays its change first to he special camera view with specific around movements - sorry I no not remember the name of it.

So for example when you cross a train, and would like to see at the back, you have to make the camera view change 4 times!
    First 2 times with that above mentioned camera view, which it moves slowly, - so you miss the other train for sure -, and then 2 other times to change to the free camera - which first goes to the front of the train - and finally the end of the train one!
    That it is really annoying.

Furthermore, I have noticed some times when you change the camera, it get stuck to the window of the locomotive, so you have to press the camera change more times, to get it free.

Please change this as mentioned.
    I believe will be most useful for PS4 players

15. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Short info: Every Crash that is related to the "Retry NOT successful"-errorcode is caused by corrupted game files through an update. Somehow updates corrupt the game files at random occasions, so the solution here is pretty clear: Verify your game files.

This info might be relevant to look into TrainSim-Matt

16. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

PC-Steam
    Clinchfield
    Jorneys
    CRR 126 Southbound Manifest. SD40
    After making the struggle uphill, passing 30 mph limit and going through the first three-track section. I think almost halfway to the first intersection from the east.
    Could be, if I restart, I could make it.

upload_2022-2-16_12-36-43.png

17. DTG Matt

I've just run this one by the engineering team and as suggested earlier - this is an internal error from Unreal Engine 4 which is saying basically "i tried to read some data from a pak file but its corrupt" so it fails and crashes out. There's not much we can really do about this in the game unfortunately. It means that Steam has not updated your files correctly and left your with corrupt pak file(s) and therefore the solution is to validate local game files.

we are going to look at putting in a more helpful message for this so it tells you what you need to do but in the mean time, that is exactly what this error means - re-validate local files, they're corrupt.

Let me know if you need help doing this!

Matt.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Just tried the Slow Way Home scenario again on London Commuter (PS5) and once again the game completely crashed. I have submitted yet another report via PlayStation. Maybe one day, I’ll get to complete one of the London Commuter scenarios.

19. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Matt Can you tell us how to zip up the file and sent it to you, because i don't know how to do this step by step? Thanks

20. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

TrainSim-Matt Can you check to see if you receive it and if it open up correctly, thanks

21. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

You do realize that you are suppose to put it here and you also don’t need to tag him as he checks this thread regularly

• Like Like x 1
  22. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

No, I don't, also this is my first time doing it. I don't know if I did it correctly. How do you do if I want to post it here?

23. seymourgoals

seymourgoals Member

Another crash for me
    Route: London Commuter
    Platform: PS5
    Loco: Class 377
    Service number: 1Y09 Tattenham Corner to London Victoria (loaded from journey mode chapter 6 a bag of all sorts)

Details:

Right near the start of the journey, service started at Purley, then arrived at Purley Oaks. Once the train left purley oaks and started gaining speed towards South Croydon game just crashed out of nowhere. Sent crash report to Sony

Not loaded from a save game.

Other DLC installed:
    Haupstrecke Rhein-Ruhr, ECW, Peninsula Corridor, Isle Of Wight

24. DTG Matt

Was this the first thing you'd done since loading the game? and do you have auto load journeys turned on?

25. seymourgoals

seymourgoals Member

This was the first service that i did when starting the game up however i may have gone into another map to check something first.
    Auto load journeys are turned off.
    I`ll try again tomorrow and make it the very first thing i load up and see if that helps.
    Ive had two crashes so far on London Commuter PS5 and they have both been in bad weather with the wipers on full blast, the first one was a service in fairly heavy snow and the service above (1Y09) was in heavy rain. Probably nothing but thought id mention it.

26. rebrecs

rebrecs New Member

Agreed.

I cannot speak to all possible "mods" since I don't know all of the ways one of those might get created. I personally have never created or performed a "mod" of any sort, nor edited any ini file belonging to this product. I just drive the trains. I have no interest in how it works until it breaks and I am forced to. Thankfully there are helpful people like yourself around.

I found them. It appears each crash creates a directory containing an XML file, a .dmp file, and an ini file. Which one(s) do you want?
    Can you help me out please with "ping them over?" Do you mean attach them to a reply in this thread? Or something else?

Matt, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  27. DTG Matt

Ah ok - so as noted above "retry was not successful" is an indication of a corrupt package file, there's not much we can do in the game to handle corrupt files. Do a steam verify local files and this should rectify it for you.

Not sure what causes it, something not quite right in steam's patching algorithm sometimes perhaps.

Matt.

28. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

• What platform are you on: PC
    • Route/loco: Bakerloo (Assuming the newly reskinned 72 stock)
    • Service/scenario: Test Run Journey mode run (The first of the new one's included with the New Journeys pack)
    • Location of crash Crash happens when trying to load the run before even starting it.

I've attached a copy of the crash files. I tried running this run twice but got the same crash each time whilst it was loading.

Attached Files:

29. DTG Matt

This is another "retry was not successful" - do a verify local files and that should fix it.

Matt.

• Like Like x 1
  30. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

Yep did a verify and it loaded fine after that.

Cheers for that Matt.

31. thomastl59374

Xbox one
    SKA DB BR 406 ICE
    Weather: May light clouds with custom wind
    Service: Frankfurt (Main) Hbf at 11:40 (ICE 15) ( new journeys expansion timetable)
    Crash occurred just before 60kmh comes into force when approaching Köln. Out of memory error message appears.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
  32. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

PC
    LGV Route
    Scenario Marseille return.

Shortly after the power change location,
    Details: I run this using the cruise control.
    Shortly before, I think I forgot to set the reverser to neutral for the power system change. I corrected that,to be able to use the throttle again. I set the throttle back to max power.I just put the cruise control back to 130km/h for the approach of Marseille and then the crash happened. I do not make recordings of my gameplay. Please find the crash report attached as well as the last checkpoint save file

Attached Files:

33. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Platform- Ps4
    Koln- Aachen (with New journeys expansion installed)
    Service- 12:16 RE9 Siegen HBF (Talent 2)
    Month & Weather- February, full rain, wetness & cloud
    Details- after completing the service into Koln and returning to the menu it crashes. This is the second time this has happened. The first was an ICE service.

34. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

Platform- PS4
    Route- Koln- Aachen(with new journeys expansion installed)
    Details- I wasn't even in a route, I was scrolling through the train selection menu, hovering over the ICE 3 and the game crashed.

Attached Files:

35. YASUKE

YASUKE Active Member

I experienced a crash in SKA on PS4 with the first ICE service of the timetable, I’ve done all the service until Köln and after completed it by clothing the doors, the game crashed. I was in 3rd person. ICE 11? For Frankfurt (main) HBF

36. rebrecs

rebrecs New Member

Good job Sir Matt!
    Thank You. I am back in business.

37. trainscanada#5197

trainscanada#5197 New Member

Sherman Hill
    PS4
    SD70ace
    Any Service/Location
    When passing another train if I switch from the cab cam to the rear camera the game crashes.

PS4 error code (CE-36329-3)

02/19/22

38. Michael Janotta

Michael Janotta New Member

Hello TrainSim-Matt .I Have send you my crash files and my Ticket Number off Dovetail Suport. For me I done all what you sayed.I have a vanilla TSW 2 all Windows and Nvida Drivers at the newest stand. I had verify the lokal files. I am on Pc Windows 10 , but I have alwasy only on London Comuter and only in the Timetabel crashes. All other Routs worked fine. So I can load London Comuter an play the Scenarios but not the Timetabel. What can I do. I have no idear . Pleas can you help me.
    Best regards
    Michael Janotta

39. YASUKE

YASUKE Active Member

Dresden Riesa on PS4
    My game crashed doing a IC service at Dresden Neusdadt, now the game says my saved data are corrupted and can’t reload my profile and all my progress in the game are gone !!!! It’s not a pleasure anymore to play a game in this conditions.

• Like Like x 1
  40. brfan#9132

brfan#9132 Active Member

CC is making the BML crash for no reason

41. CowBoyWolf

Remove the mod back to blue

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Hi all

Just highlighting each time I launch creators club it crashes. Report sent. This doesn't look to helpful below

TS2Prototype_Win64_Shipping
    user32
    user32
    kernel32
    ntdll

43. CowBoyWolf

you got the mod back to blue?

44. eihowa#6717

eihowa#6717 Member

Platform: PC
    When: Clicking on the Creators Club.
    Crash report:

LoginId:d21a12e34db34e1fb959bbb279b0fd67
    EpicAccountId:

LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 1308] Failed to find function SetSelected in TileButton_C /Engine/Transient.GameEngine_2147482621:TS2GameInstance_BP_C_2147482614.WorkshopMenuWidget_C_2147472888.WidgetTree.WorkshopNavPanelWidget.WidgetTree.HubButton

user32
    user32
    kernel32
    ntdll

45. CowBoyWolf

you have the back to blue mod?

46. chieflongshin

i do have yes

47. CowBoyWolf

Remove it and download the new version on TSC

48. eihowa#6717

eihowa#6717 Member

49. chieflongshin

Just to confirm for anyone having similar, using the updated back to blue mod has solved the crash.

50. feard

feard Member

• What platform are you on: xbox
    • Route/loco: London commuter class 387/2GX
    • Service/scenario: rerouted
    • Location of crash (please be as specific as possible) if you are late to the first station the train does on the far left does not go

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022