Rivet Games: Luzern-sursee Discussion

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by FD1003, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Oystein

Oystein Well-Known Member

Nice details, some sounds are correct but the running sounds from wagons/bogies are terrible.

• Like Like x 5
  2. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I must admit that Rivet Games are masters at modelling trains. They are also masters at marketing, all the little promotional videos they make before a release I personally like and create hype.

What a pity that so far they haven't finished making any product that meets expectations. The problems, some more serious than others, such as the physics or timetables, mean that they don't achieve excellence or good reviews from the community. They finally have to change this and here is a good opportunity. Will they disappoint us again?

I hope not, that they have learned from their mistakes and that they don't launch the route if it is not well tried and tested. And that they have the same good communication both before and after the launch. If there are mistakes, they should commit to fix them and not hide like they did with Arosa.

• Like Like x 6
  3. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I believe Adam's Team are working along with them

4. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20220215-184907_YouTube.jpg Screenshot_20220215-184929_YouTube.jpg
    Two shots of the cab. Opinions?

From the videos the sounds seem pretty good. The lighting is a bit odd, seems a bit too dark.

The physics seem believable at first glance considering this is a modern EMU.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  5. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

It´s actually realistic that it´s dark, the color of thw windshiled is a bit black tho- not that it´s a problem, I also liked it on the ICE :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I also think the cab glass is a bit too dark, which makes it hard to see. But other than that, it looks pretty good! The sounds also seem to be good, but there were a few weird points in the mixing where it quicky changed tone or volume.

The scenery also looks good, hopefully it's great alongside the whole route. I will be watching the release of the route closely.

7. Swisstrains

I think there has been a huge improvement; there were a lot of trees

• Like Like x 3
  8. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  9. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

This is great. Obviously still a few bugs to iron out (like the grassy/muddy walking sounds in the wagons), but nothing major. Only thing that’s missing for me are the platform information displays. Really unfortunate they couldn’t get those implemented after also failing to do so on West Cornwall Local.

• Like Like x 1
  10. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Going the extra mile here would really help rivets reputation, especially when dtg is supporting 3rd party more than ever.

In west cornwall i dont mind the missing pis as much as on a modern swiss route. Well on the arosa line they actually didnt work the day i was there :), but for a busy sbb route its just weird and not according to tsw standard we have.

• Like Like x 3
  11. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Good point and Rivet Games would have learnt by now to prevent their mistakes on Arosa Line IOW and West Cornwall Local route. This line has ETCS Level 1 the European Union version of Positive Train control system NEC Boston-Providence.

12. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

The technology for the CRT PIS didn't exist when the route was made JD even said in both preview streams that Rivet was waiting for DTG before the PIS could work. What was shown on the second to last road map the CRT PIS is still not working properly.

• Like Like x 1
  13. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I hope Rivet have learnt from their mistakes on Arosa Line IOW and West Cornwall Local route, but I am not so confident. Rivet are fantastic at developing locomotives and replicating Stations accurately, but the scenery in WCL doesn’t resemble the place at all, which is the same in places on their other routes.

If Rivet get this route wrong, I will honestly never buy another Rivet route, as with many of you, this is my final straw with Rivet.

If the charge £24.99 for this short route, I won’t buy it until it is heavily discounted. However if they release it at £19.99 with a 10% discount, I will toss a coin to decide!!!

• Like Like x 3
  14. driverwoods#1787

If that prediction of yours were to happen which 3rd party TSW 2 developer would you want? For me, Rivet Games can improve with this one but otherwise wait for Just Trains to see if they can do better than Rivet Games provided Luzern Sursee S1 Luzern line goes the same way as Arosa IOW & West Cornwall local

15. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I very much doubt that most of the stations on WCL would have had any kind of electronic platform displays anyway in the early 1990's, in those days we managed perfectly well with a timetable on the platform, or we could go and ask the person in the ticket office. Penzance might have had those monitor screens I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  16. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

The interior looks too dark. Definitely not the first train that shows this issue in TSW, but the overall contrast seems off with the shadows way too deep. Is that ceiling black? The lights look like big bright spots not illuminating anything on the ceiling. Compare to attached Interior photo from (alleged) RABe 523 018 found somewhere online. Will be curious whether any changes are still to be expected.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  17. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I have every confidence in Just Trains. 100% more than Rivet. My three favourite routes in TS are JTs constructions. Metropolitan Line, Midland Mainline and Western Mainline.

Would love to see the Metropolitan Line introduced into TSW2

• Like Like x 1
  18. driverwoods#1787

Good point but on Xbox Series X when spring sale is UP the Xbox Community might get rivet games route for sale that might include this one Luzern Sursee S-Bahn Luzern S1. If that happens I'll pass a rivet games route on sale for a Just Trains one like TSW 2 Lindau Bludenz St Margethen Three country route and possibly the Duisburg Amsterdam Line if Just Trains wanted another international route that will give HRR AI traffic at Mulheim an der Ruhr Styrum freight since we run the S3 from Oberhausen & Duisburg Hbf passing traffic.
    In real life the 05:14 Luzern Sursee S1 trip goes to Olten as a S29 Sursee Olten that's on Pages 107-115 of the SBB Fahrplan. Last trips from Sursee to Luzern are 23:42 Sursee 00:01 Luzern IR15 & 23:48 S1 Sursee 00:15 Luzern. After the 30 min gap at Sursee from 23:48 the first trip is the 00:18 S1 to Luzern which is the continuation of the 23:37 S29 Olten to Sursee 00:08

19. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I doubt tsw2 dlc will be on the spring sale on xbox

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Sorry, I can´t help it, but I always associate this RABe 523 with the cute little fellow below.

image_2022-02-16_190538.png

Should I change my medication? :)

• Like Like x 3
  21. Swisstrains

yes. ;D

• Like Like x 1
  22. gogglesguy

No

23. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Well, H. R Giger (who designed our toothsome friend) was Swiss, so it makes sense.

• Like Like x 1
  24. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

The chance to meet this alien is higher than your train gets hit by a falling crane ;) . Nobody got injured luckily. Well the cab was a mess...

(Pictures attached are from the news back then)

72869c99-9dd8-4f83-a323-128bbc01fad7.jpeg

f8601d08-f2df-4cc6-9a92-ecc405797f1e.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  25. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Yikes!

26. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

If that was the front end of the train at the time of the incident, I'm amazed the driver wasn't (at least) seriously injured.

27. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

It looks to be the rear unless there was wrong-line running.

• Like Like x 2
  28. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Switzerland is left hand drive when it comes to trains (like France and the UK), so I do think that was the front, the driver was very lucky not to be injured.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  29. Clumsy Pacer

Oh I see.

• Like Like x 1
  30. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I like what I saw during the stream. I think I will eventually buy something from Rivet :D

• Like Like x 1
  31. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

A little side-by-side comparison

1.PNG 4.PNG 7.PNG 2_autoscaled.png 3_autoscaled.png

Last edited: Mar 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  32. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
  33. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I actually made more screenshots, but the DTG forum doesn't allow too large pictures.

Edit: Okay 2 more pics now in the post.

34. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Looks to me that the crane had fallen into this position prior to the train running into it so thankfully the driver would have been able to bail out of the cab prior to impact.

As you can see from this close up the cab has gone into the crane rather than the crane falling on top

upload_2022-3-20_12-36-24.png

35. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  36. Clumsy Pacer

Let's just conveniently ignore the bit in one of the SoS streams where they literally show you work they've done using Google Earth, and the fact it's basically impossible to build a real world route with any accuracy without it, or a similar map...

What exactly makes you think they didn't use Google Earth?

• Like Like x 4
  37. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

DTG also uses Google Earth overlay, they just seem to take much less care and go with a more generic approach than actually accurately replicating thing. Rivet seems to be much better in this regard, even if we often criticise them for other mistakes, they actually put things where they really are. Even on Arosalinie I noticed how accurate the scenery is, even if I dislike the texturing and the distant ugly mountains.

They did an exceptionally good job here, really hope the train is also good and it will end up being a good route that sells well.

• Like Like x 4
  38. heliq

heliq Active Member

Again there will be a hundred problems with AI stuck on a red signal?

Maybe it's time to make a new AI? Not a hundred broken routes.

• Like Like x 1
  39. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

AI seems really dumb in TSW 2. It doesn’t obey player control physics, can’t stop where it is supposed too and doesn’t always put the correct lights on externally and internally. More work on the AI needs to be done I think. It’ll unlikely happen anytime soon, but fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 2
  40. Clumsy Pacer

Because making it do that would be a frame rate killer

It stops where the devs tell it to and I've not experienced where that isn't the case, but also drives 'on sight', so it shouldn't crash into you (so it's already much better than TS1's).

Think this is more to do with the setup of the train, not the AI being "dumb".

Not saying the AI's perfect, there's certainly work that could be done on the signaller, but the problems you list aren't down to the AI.

• Like Like x 1
  41. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Matt said in one of the streams that the reason for random, non-player SPAD’s and some cases of trains piling up behind one another, was because AI trains had stopped in the wrong place - either beyond a red signal or maybe blocking a junction. I’ve seen cases were AI trains haven’t fully pulled into a station platform and overhang it by some considerable distance too.

• Like Like x 1
  42. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

You can but I won’t. I will wait to hear the reaction from TSW players before I invest.

They’ve still a lot to correct on IOW, Arosa and especially the shambolic WCL.

Cannot fault their locomotives or Stations but their scenery design is so unrealistic. They need to correct their other efforts before starting a new route. Rivet have grouped together a bad reputation in the industry that they MUST put right first.

People have spent hard earned cash on previous Rivet TSW routes and many have been so disappointed with the quality, that Rivet need to make corrections to their previous efforts, before working on new routes first.

43. Clumsy Pacer

"Industry"? Do you mean "TSW forums"?

Ask most people in the industry how they rate Rivet and they'll go "who's that?"

• Like Like x 6
  44. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Correction, I do mean on the forums.

45. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This time I will give it a try.

46. gogglesguy

Good showcase how the windscreen makes everything ridiculous dark.

• Like Like x 2
  47. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

This would certainly solve the window tint issue. ;)

• Like Like x 4
  48. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

They have a good reputation in the TS1 community.

• Like Like x 2
  49. Clumsy Pacer

So do Skyhook to a slightly lesser extent.

50. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

The reason for non-players SPADs was that the AI was stopping perfectly at basically 0m from the red signals. This caused issues if you had some frame skips, as the AI could blew the 0m mark and SPAD. The fix for that was moving the AI target for red signals to be litle bit futher away from the signal itself.
    But this conflicted with a bad habbit DTG has - placing objective marker next to signals. This resulted in AI never reaching the objective marker, because it stopped for the red signal that was just next to the marker. Becasue AI never reached the objective, the light stayted Red forever, and so AI trains started to pile-up.

The rest of the issues are setup issues. AI stops where it is told to stop, it also turns on those lights the timetable author set-up. So these are more testing/ defect prioritization thing, than ai issues.

• Like Like x 2