Will The Expansion Pack Ever Be Separated?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Lunar_Twisted, Feb 17, 2022.

1. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

The new scenarios, liveries, and second timetable with additional services (particularly on SKA & BKL) are great but I think that this pack should be separated. I mean sure $13.99 is not that bad if someone is planning on playing all the content that the pack has to offer but what if someone (like myself) is only interested in just playing one route in the pack?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

It doesn't make sense to separate them in my opinion. It's an expansion pack to the base game. The other DLC for this game is already very complicated to understand. If they would bundle DLC routes as one expansion pack I would agree.

• Like Like x 2
  3. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

We won't be separating the pack. But we will be looking at community feedback to determine the best way of delivering similar add-ons in the future, if the community enjoy this one.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

I makes sence only in case that TSW core routes (SPG,SKA, Bakerloo) will be also separated, or replaced, or TSW3...

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Don't see the point in having infinite DLC to cover everyone's whims. If you want the pack and can justify the price, buy it. If not, don't
    Otherwise we get to the point of people saying "Well I want the HST but don't care for Paddington, can you split it out and sell me just that bit for a price of my choosing?"

• Like Like x 3
  6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

London paddington is literally part of Great Western Express though. Not a great example to be honest

7. ARuscoe

DTG generally sells the consists which run on those routes so that would apply to just about everything in game outside of the current pack.

8. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I absolutely see your point. Having a route from each country in the base pack makes sense as it gives new players a chance to experience each of them, but it's true that most people will prefer one type or location over the others. Bundling an upgrade means you're probably going to be paying for content on a route you prefer less, which does smart a bit.

As I've said elsewhere, this seems like a bit of a mis-step anyway because having really good core routes - the first things new players will try, should be the default. The good, busy timetable and interesting scenarios should be the default. Charge for new trains with their own journeys and scenarios (and trophies, please), by all means, but making a dull timetable into an interesting one should be a free update not a paid expansion pack . However good it makes the route, new players will still be stuck with the lifeless SKA that I'm seeing unless they research the options and choose to pay more.

• Like Like x 2
  9. tallboy7648

It would've made sense to separate them considering that bkl and spg are just reskins of existing trains. SKA has a reskined 423 but also a new timetable so the only real value is the ska part of the pack. Separating it would've given players options if they may only be interested in one part and not all 3. Having additional content that a player may not use would just be a waste of storage space. Players generally perfer certain types of routes and trains anyways and isn't interested in every single route or train in the world.

It's funny how dtg separated the rush hour routes and gave players the option to buy individually because they wanted to give players the option to buy the parts they were interested in instead of all three which was a smart move despite the mess that rush hour was but didn't apply that same logic to this pack. Makes no sense in my opinion

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
  10. ARuscoe

Rush hour was three different routes, loads of new trains... Slight difference between that and a few timetable tweaks and some repaints

11. tallboy7648

But the timetable tweaks and repaints are expansions for individual routes combined into a pack in which said routes may not be the base routes in the future so dtg could've separated them for those who may only be interested in one part of the expansion and not all three. There would've been nothing wrong with that

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
  12. ARuscoe

From what I've seen I don't see that DTG are going to split out the "base routes" from the core game, unlike what they do with TSC with different bundled DLC each year.
    I imagine that RH set the "new normal" on that one, and the routes that are bundled are the ones which always will be (until TSW3, but let's not go down that route ;))