Non Usa Dlc's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crlynch, Feb 12, 2022.

1. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Given they had a chance to fix Hauling the Harvest Grain and didn't, you can bet that there will be no changes to the DLC. They are very old DLC. They probably develop things differently now than they did back then. So fixing things or adding features would be a time-consuming effort even though they would be good things to add, and there is a modding community that already takes care of this anyway.

2. Cyclone

BREAKING NEWS. Branding for Arizona Divide, Raton Pass, Montana Hi-Line, and The Racetrack is now unlocked for all users who previously owned the non-branded version.

What about Clear Creek? You can unlock the route. However, the rolling stock packs are still not released from their unbranded statuses.

Cajon Pass? I have DMed JD asking about this, and hopefully we have an update soon. It seems to have still been omitted. (Update: Also DMed Matt after asking on his stream, he may post an update as well if he hears anything. He's Exec on TSW2 however, so will probably be someone else.)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I just had a look at Steam and see that TS had downloaded a updated very happy, hopefully more too come next week.

4. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

On Steam, the racetrack still has unbranded photos, the other ones are ok. Again, there's no aparent reason for The Racetrack and Pacific Surfliner scenario packs to still being not available worldwide.

5. Cyclone

The problem is that they use BNSF trains. That is why they are still restricted. And they will not release until the other Marketplace stuff releases.

I don't like it either. But they want to make sure everything eventually gets covered. Missing Cajon was an example of this. If all trains came out at once with all the routes, there would be the "why did you miss this" complaints and bad ratings for unplayable scenarios, etc.

I have not looked at the photos on the store page, but we should see the branded version now. So unless they used the same images on both, we should see the branding.

6. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

ah so that was the 8 kb download this morning i got was for? anyway it doesn't show up. i just reinstalled the game.

Attached Files:

7. Cyclone

You need to untick the ROW assets in your DLC. They both use the same location, so the more recent one is likely taking precedence, and that's likely the ROW set. What route are you looking for? I can perhaps assist.

8. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

i don't see ROW assets in my Steam train simulator dlc list. i see bnsf es44ac unbranded and bnsf es44ac branded but there both clicked and it for Tehachapi Pass: Mojave - Bakersfield Route Add-On

9. Cyclone

See https://steamdb.info/sub/591907/apps/

You are looking for "ES44AC (Unbranded)". Clear cache, quit the game, unitck. That should fix it.

The reason I can confirm this is the case is because the ROW files use the same locations as the BNSF assets. See the following images for Racetrack, which I bought in ROW status:

upload_2022-2-18_19-34-45.png

This is the ROW version of the Racetrack files as they installed. Now let's look at the BNSF version.

upload_2022-2-18_19-36-24.png

Looks exactly the same, doesn't it? So I have to go make sure my "Racetrack ROW Livery package" is removed, and the "Racetrack USA Livery package" is checked.

upload_2022-2-18_19-37-59.png

Of course, there's only one glitch. My USA pack isn't there yet. I may need to talk to Support.

upload_2022-2-18_19-39-11.png

But go there and see if you can remove the Unbranded ES44AC. Only do this if "ES44AC (US Branded)" also appears. If not, you won't have the trains OR the scenarios at all, and would need to possibly check in with Support. The other possibility is that, because it just happened today, you need to wait for the update; in that case, just wait 24 hours before contacting Support. It unlocked literally six hours ago. It takes time to filter through.

BTW, to further ensure the right files are installed, remove BOTH ES44AC and then reinstall the US one. Leave the other uninstalled.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  10. Michael Newbury

You can still play Hauling the Harvest Grain by going into the editor and play it from there. I know it's not how it should be played but at least there is a option.

11. Cyclone

Interesting. But would both parts of it work?

12. Michael Newbury

Yes I was able to run from start to finish with no problems

13. Cyclone

Well, guess I have to reinstall Marias Pass now. I had converted it to Standard scenario type. LOL

EDIT: Never mind, I don't! I never deleted the BAK file just in case, and that is working out brilliantly. I will change it back at some point to run it.

14. Michael Newbury

So I was looking at what said received branding today Arizona Divide, Raton Pass, Montana Hi-Line none for me are branded. I did not bother to check The Race Track route figuring if the others aren't branded then this would be either.

15. Cyclone

This is considered an update like any fixes DTG might make to any other product, As such, we have to wait 24 hours for the update to appear on the route before contacting Support. I have to wait for Racetrack, myself.

16. Michael Newbury

I will check tomorrow and see if they appear.

17. Cyclone

Mine has. Rob Jansen in fact posted something in another thread detailing exactly how to make new assets appear in the game. As I noted here, assets use the same reference locations, so removing both and then installing just the U.S. one solves the problem.

Montana and Arizona are still incomplete, however, and he notes why. A few other posts also give detail, including my look at the Arizona US assets package not tied to the ROW one yet.

18. Michael Newbury

I saw what Rob Jansen posted but it should be my responsibility to have to make those changes myself as that was what the update was supposed to do.

19. Cyclone

No, you don't follow. They can grant you the DLC, but you have to remove the old DLC. I do agree I wish that it worked better than that, but that's the cleanest way to ensure you have the right stock in place. They could also just remove the ROW assets and trigger an update, and that would also solve the problem.

20. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

I agree it should not be the consumer’s responsibility, some users will understand and follow Rob Jansen’ guide others will not. It is not completely clear when you check your dlc listing which is which. The views shown in Rob Jansen’s and Cyclone’s posts are ones that I do not know how to access and I do not consider myself to be techno illiterate.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Michael Newbury

I get what Rob and Cyclone have demonstrated but like you it should not be up to us to fix when that is what the update should have done in the first place. I am techno literate, but how ever when it comes to something like this if does not work and causes damage then it's your fault. However in this case the update that went messed up and the onus falls on DTG to correct not the consumer.

22. Michael Newbury

I get what you're trying to say, but if they were to update the BNS loco that came with Tehachapi Pass then they should have been able to do the same with the other routes. And if I follow what is shown and it does not work then I have no recourse with DTG over the issue.

23. Cyclone

It's within Steam, on your game page for TS, Manage DLC. Perhaps Rob wasn't clear with that. You can turn all DLC on or off there.
    They did make an effort to do exactly that. They clearly made a mistake. The fatal error DTG made here was making all of the file locations identical between the two versions. To be fair, it's for Workshop compatibility with both, so they had to do that. The locomotive pathing for each scenario therefore is not an issue; unfortunately, what they did do was make the files inside "US Branded" and "ROW Unbranded" use the exact same paths not expecting the problem would ever be resolved. The only real fix they have now is to remove the ROW assets and put the branded assets as the only option. This would take care of the issue. Basically change it to look like the other one and force an update. This would remove the ROW assets and force the branded assets in place. Even then, Steam can be confused about the fact the files appear to be there and not update them. So DTG needs to provide the kind of info Rob did.

• Like Like x 1
  24. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

I know how to access the tick box dlc management but it is the sections shown in the first two pictures in your post #59 (and similar in Rob Jansen’s posts) that I do not know how to access.

25. Cyclone

Those are SteamDB. For instance, https://steamdb.info/sub/551409/apps/

26. Michael Newbury

So I wasn't able to check on Saturday so I checked tonight and even though the update did download Friday, as of today none of the routes are branded.

27. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

28. Cyclone

Michael, you need to remove the ROW assets. As this would remove the trains and scenarios fully, you need to then also uncheck the US assets. At that point, you can let Steam update, then recheck US assets. The branding rod will be applied with a puff of smoke, and the trains will be branded with scenarios now using them.

As noted, if you already own ROW versions of Montana and Arizona, they are not yet properly updated. Hopefully they will be corrected soon. See torf's post, which I quoted. You can also go here and see Rob Jansen's summary, which shows all sorts of pictures. torf and I are among participants with further information.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
  29. Michael Newbury

Thanks Cyclone I saw Jamie's post this morning and have done that for two of three routes updated. Sadly Raton Pass for me does not have the USA and ROW to untick so not sure how fix that one.

30. TimeSlicedDanny

TimeSlicedDanny Active Member

I've had no problems with Raton Pass. I had previously uninstalled it, so just ticking it in Steam's Manage DLC, got it to reinstall and it works out of the box.

31. Cyclone

As I just replied in the other thread, Rob's instructions are extremely clear on what to do. I can only assume you have not read this post. Follow his instructions for Raton Pass (I echo them in my latest post below that) and you'll have no issues.

32. Michael Newbury

Thank you I found what Rob Jansen posted and was able to fix the Raton Pass issue, went into game and branding is now showing for that route.

33. Michael Newbury

Thank you Cyclone I did see it, but I have had a lot on mind in the last bit and has left me distracted. I have gone back and and looked at Rob's post and have fixed the 3 routes that are now branded, and have gone into the game and they are now showing branded.

• Like Like x 1
  34. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

The Racetrack: Aurora - Chicago, Clear Creek Narrow Gauge, Raton Pass: Trinidad - Raton to get these to work untick BOTH USA and ROW wait to update the click USA. The routes , Montana Hi-Line: Shelby - Havre & Arizona Divide: Winslow - Williams are now being looked into and will update you all when I have more news on them.

35. Michael Newbury

Thank you Jamie I have now since resolved the three routes and all is good now.

36. Cyclone

Jamie, we need news on Cajon as well. I counted nine or ten trains with scenarios for them, with the UP SD70Ace and the UP GE44 both being available worldwide with no restrictions the entire time (and thus having no playable scenarios for ROW customers not already owning Cajon). I lucked out with a 2012 key and also got all the fictional routes and scenarios, but that is the exception, not the rule. The rest of the world needs that route as well.

• Like Like x 1
  37. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Am looking into Cajon, will let you know when I have more information.

• Like Like x 2