Train Sim World 2 - Luzern Sursee First Screens

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

I totally agree. Actually, I rather like short routes because you get used to the route quicker. HRR is a quite short route, but one of my absolute favourites. Due to the short length, I quickly knew where every station was and did not need the HUD to drive at all.

I'll have to say though, I am looking forward the most to the FLIRT rather than the route itself.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Agree! Another thing is that I really like the scenery on this route, and I think we can all agree: The Flirt looks awesome so far!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Definitely agreed

4. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

U have that ''dirt'' walk inside the train indeed, mind that everything is still WIP so most likely it'll change on release. But indeed from the video we saw it really looks amazing, can't wait for it!

• Like Like x 2
  5. tibomatthijs

Indeed, sometimes u just wanna do a fun short run and some routes are too long for that. HRR is really great and i love the rolling stock for it too, sometimes shorter routes are better, due yes they are shorter so they can focus on other things like; scenery, sounds, new things that there isn't in TSW yet [ETCS f.e.] etc etc

6. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

I would like the ETCS, if the train would really use it there irl, but that is not the case. So, they are inventing things again.

7. tibomatthijs

Yeah indeed, not sure why they added ETCS when its not used there BUT i like that we finally have ETCS and hope we can see it on the older rolling stock(ICE, 187)

8. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

Stop spreading false information it is on this line and the flirts DO use it. It does not need baseline 3.
    ETCS.png
    It is used there lux keeps saying it doesn't even though its not true.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. lux#4689

Normal ETCS L1LS does not need it, but the way the Swiss did implement it, it needs Baseline 3. So far, for passenger trains, ETCS L1LS is in Switzerland only used by Giruno, Flirt 3, Traverso, Mika, etc. only new trains are equipped with it, as it is mandatory for new homologations. For the older trains, they use Euro-ZuB, which is ZUB except it is transmitted now by ETCS-balises (instead of the old magnets they used before). They know both languages. But except for the balises, Euro-ZUB and ETCS are way different and have nothing in common.
    The one spreading false information is you. ;)

10. lux#4689

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  11. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  12. lux#4689

yes, that document is 10 years old, but it is still valid. (you can also find it directly under the valid ETCS-documents on their website.
    https://www.bav.admin.ch/bav/de/hom...einflussung/etcs/informationen-fachleute.html

Since 2018 any train that is homologated in Switzerland must have ETCS Baseline 3, and they will all be able to run under ETCS L1 and L2. Older trains don't have to be upgraded yet, as it is way too expensive. The Flirt we will get on this is running since before ETCS Baseline 3 was available for the trains. Hence it only got ETCS Baseline 2, which was then necessary for the ETCS on the Gotthardline, where they also run (older ETCS L2, Baseline 2). with this version, it can't use it under ETCS L1LS, as they are not compatible.

13. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I had mentioned at first sight, a really short route and just one train. So I have doubts about it.
    Despite of that I also said, I will have definitive opinion with more information arises.

I also have HRR, and I really love it!
    But there despite it is seems to be short, it is 46 km long! Regular length for most TSW2 ones
    So it is more than double.
    Furthermore there you can drive lot of different trains!
    At least if you have other DLCs. Including freight trains, and suburban, regional or even intercity trains with the DB101

Here you will have only one train.
    No matter other DLC you have. At least until new Swiss routes be released in the future.
    May be RG could add a second train, like a larger regional one, which does not stop on all stations, just Lucern and intermediate one, and Sursee.
    Or even at least add 10 more kms.

About the comments as it is short the route will have more details and better sound. We do not know, but I can agree that is possible.
    But please notice when you are driving a commuter train, you do not have time to appreciate that.
    As you will have traffic, and lot of stations to stop, not so far away, between them.

So you can only and really enjoy the scenery, by making a simply run, without considering the timetable.

But I repeat I will wait to final information on the route to give my final opinion and decision to buy it or not.

14. Swisstrains

Well, your are right! It is a very short route, but you will also need 20 minutes to complete it! Also, it is not an regional train that stops every kilometer; after around Sempach there are longer distances without a stop, and you will also get RE services which are exactly what you wanted- just with the same train. Someone actually posted a nice cab ride from Geneva to Luzern a few posts up above, there you can have a really nice outlook of what to expect!

The problem with a second train is, that it takes a lot here. The other trains running there are Re460s with IC2000 Dosto or Re460 with EW IV- but either of these also need a cab car. That would actually mean that Rivet would have to design three locos and at least 2 coaches. Sometimes there also were Re420 with EW IV, these wouldn’t need the cab car, but Luzern is a terminus station, so you would get the same problem as with Munich! So either way, we all know that building locos is the hardest thing in TSW, and as I know Rivet: They will bring more for sure! But that will take time! And we do have to remember that Rivet is a smaller team, but they know that we want too see a second train. And if the route is well made, most of us would probably rip a DLC for this route out of their hands; and I don’t think they would ignore that.

• Like Like x 1
  15. lord everything

lord everything Well-Known Member

Thing is, I fear it will have the same downfall of Arosa. At half the length of HRR, it will be shorter than most if not all routes, and since they used '72 stock sounds for the 4/4 on Arosaline, I fear they will take the lazy route and take sounds from a 755 or something

• Like Like x 1
  16. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Oh GOD No, if they do that.....Ill have nightmares......

• Like Like x 1
  17. lord everything

DTG used 395 sounds for the AC 700 on TS22 so I wouldn't be surprised if rivet do similar

• Like Like x 1
  18. Swisstrains

they used the FLIRT sounds ;D

19. grdaniel48

Thanks Swisstrains for your detailed information about the route.
    Ok dully noted and understand the complexity about adding the other trains running this route.

I visited Lucern in 2002 and went to the terminal station.
    I really like Swiss trains very much!
    I even usually see cab videos from Railways Emotions.
    The trains, the scenery, the routes are beautiful.

For that reason may be, I expected more about this route.

But again, I wants to give it a chance to see how it will be on the TSW2.
    So I will have to wait for more videos and pictures about it, and the expected TSW2 video of it.

Despite of that if all the route it takes 20 minutes, could you please tell me how many stations there are, and how long each trains stops on them?
    I forgot to mention I like the SBB RABe 423 too.

So again, I will wait for final details, pictures, videos and streaming of the route, for a final decision about it.
    I am not saying no from now.
    But frankly speaking I was looking for something more for the first regular Swiss train route.
    Arosa one is a special touristic one.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Swisstrains

No problem!
    Frankly, more is better, but I think this train is a very good start for Switzerland and has a huge potential for upcoming routes (in my opinion)

For the stations:
    I don’t exactly know how long the trains stop there, I guess it’s the normal 1 minute; apart from Sursee (and Luzern) as terminus stations. The thing is, that I don’t know when the route is set! Today it would be around one minute on each station, Luzern would have a break of six minutes and then the S1 would continue to Baar. I guess it would be similar if the route is set in 2012.

There are nine stations on this route (in this order):
    -Sursee (??:??-22:18)
    -Oberkirch LU (LU=Luzern) (22:20-22:20)
    -Nottwil (22:22-22:22)
    -Sempach-Neuenkirch (22:26-22:27)
    -Rothenburg (22:31-22:31)
    -Rothenburg Dorf (22:33-22:33)
    -Emmenbrücke Gersag (22:36-22:36)
    -Emmenbrücke (22:38-22:38)
    -Luzern (22:45-22:51)
    —> Baar

This was a Timetable of an S-1 service this evening; hope that helps!

Apart from that, I found a very beautiful cab ride along the line. It is actually three hours long from Geneva to Luzern, the part that interests us starts at 02:40:30 with the train arriving at Sursee.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. Amax

Amax Active Member

S-Bahn 15 sec RE 1min

• Like Like x 1
  22. Amax

Amax Active Member

Station S-Bahn 9 and Wait 15sec RE 5 station and wait 1min

23. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

Maybe a new ICE 4.

24. lord everything

If they do uses Flirt sounds for the RABe 423 I will never ever buy it, no matter how good the scenery is. It will have to be the best train in TSW2 for me to consider buying it.

25. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I don't get it. First of all: It's 523, not 423. And this train is part of the FLIRT family, so why should they not use FLIRT sounds?

• Like Like x 3
  26. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I saw some promo video. Finally a rivet route that peaks my interest

27. lord everything

I meant RABe 523, and I mean English flirts not the actual RABe 523

28. tibomatthijs

i mean, it exists the distant scenery :) [​IMG] upload_2022-2-21_20-8-27.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  29. Swisstrains

and it does look good so far- the thing is: The mountains are pretty far away, so it might be done with a 2D variant

• Like Like x 1
  30. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I wonder if it going to look anything like this because the view and scenery is so amazing :D

• Like Like x 1
  31. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Ha, that looks great. By the way rivet will include the etcs l1 + integra.

• Like Like x 2
  32. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

Curious, will the new train layer in as an AI train for the Arosa route? For Chur station, I mean. Are these used in those parts? Would bring a bit more life to that end of the route.

33. tibomatthijs

Still, better having 2D (that doesn't look bad from far) then see the mountain (like on Arosa Linie). Happy there is good scenery atleast on that Screenshot!

• Like Like x 2
  34. tibomatthijs

Nah Arosa is only RhB, not SBB, u can use scenario planner to drive the RABe 523 on Arosa Linie if u want tl

• Like Like x 1
  35. Swisstrains

I think he meant at the Chur station, the SBB side.

For that, I have never seen a Flirt at Chur, only Kiss

• Like Like x 2
  36. meridian#2659

The vectron isnt the most nice looking loco, but we would have a multi role locomotive, capable of operating in different countries. Actially this might be another cool feature for tsw.

20220222_123751.jpg

20220222_123756.jpg

Made the pic quickly a moment ago.

37. tibomatthijs

Vectron for TSW would be awesome, we could see lot of liveries and different operations of it on a lot of routes even out of Germany. But there is in general no freight on the route so no need to make it atleast for Luzern-Suree, althrough it would be awesome to have!

• Like Like x 3
  38. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

Don't know what you mean, I like the look of it very much!

• Like Like x 1
  39. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

40. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I must say, that looks really good, and Rivet's modellers seem to be passionate in what they do. When it comes to modelling train models it's always interesting to see how Rivet does certain things slightly different to DTG (like independent service and destination displays). Looking forward to seeing more from this route, and perhaps to playing it in the near future :).

• Like Like x 3
  41. grdaniel48

Well.. I saw the above video just for the part of this route, and there it appears freight cars, but also the passenger train, crossed a freight one!

42. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You're going to need SBB CFF FFS paint version. Quadvoltage Traxx is Re 484 ES64F4 Re474 the Swiss DB BR189

43. meridian#2659

Yes in the area of luzern most freight is probably sbb / sbb cargo painted. If you look close the vectron in my pic has 4 pantos.

There are also areas in switzerland the db freight traffic goes trough, hauled by db.

Screenshot_20220224-084831_Chrome.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

Yes, I mentioned that in my post. It's a bit jarring to see the other side of the station completely empty, although there are more important issues with the route.

45. meridian#2659

In chur mainline mostly the double floor kiss is running of the stadler trains.

You would need the gtw 2/6 or 2/8 in thurbo livery to get it kind of accurate.

Screenshot_20220226-122551_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220226-122647_Chrome.jpg

The olten flirt would be out of place in chur.

• Like Like x 2
  46. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Will this now be released after Harlem Line, which is getting a preview stream next week? Looks like that route “overtook” Luzern-Sursee despite the info we got in the previous roadmap stream.

47. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Its because Harlem Line was the first announced on last year roadmap update, which i believe at that time they already start working on it , while Luzern came in this year. :)

48. tibomatthijs

iirc Harlem was waiting to be tested due the Preservasing Crew Updates, so it passed now so it can be released now, iirc LZN is still in testing or still need some work. So Harlem Line will release before Luzern-Suree

49. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

The preserved collection holding back a new DLC? Unlikely...

• Like Like x 3
  50. tibomatthijs

People complain that the fixes are taking to long but when they wanna speed it up its also not good? Harlem Line was always planned to release before Luzern-Suree

• Like Like x 1