Train Sim World 2 - Creators Club Beta!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Feb 24, 2022.

1. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Start creating new liveries and scenarios with the Creators Club Beta! Find out more here.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 11
  2. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

Time to wait for this to be done.

3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Jumping the gun a bit, but....

First impressions on the software

• Needs to be tree-browsable, or searchable, or at the very least sortable by keyword. As it is, one has to sift through the entire mass of uploads to find what one is looking for; if I want a livery for a UP grain hopper I don't want to have to flip through 982 pages at 8 images per page to find what I'm looking for.
    • Similarly, the selection screen for one's own local liveries should be sortable or searchable.
    • It would be nice if fullsize images could be displayed with a click; often from a reduced-size pic I can't tell whether a livery is any good in detail or not.
    EDIT: After a bit of use
    • The upload and download routines are well-organized and easy to use. Props to the devs for the important "mechanics" of the app.
    • The cursor placement in the "Title" block needs work; it keeps defaulting to the end of the line (this is a longstanding issue with LD itself as well)
    • There is a potential issue having to do with Livery Designer elements which have been given out as Mastery Challenge rewards. This raises at least the possibility that liveries using these elements will be unusable, or deformed, by anyone who hasn't unlocked those challenges.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 13
  4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

First of all, it's more fun than I expected. Big change. Diversity. Nice.

2. Navigation. I browse a specific user library, choose a subscription, want to go back and...
    I'm at the top of the list again, a long list, sometimes.
    3. Navigation. My subscriptions. I'd like to see the author's name on the thumbnails.
    4. Searching, filtering, navigation need improvement.
    Eg. What are tags for when you can't use them?
    5. There is no valid thumbnail in the livery selection menu. You can only follow the name.
    6. Locomotive versions e.g. BR 143. Livery for RSN BR 143 cannot be used for DRA BR 143 etc.
    7. Dioramas and this front view. It's hard to see anything when choosing livery.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/train-sim-world-2-creators-club-beta.52273/#post-457819

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  5. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Really good job on the creators club. Good times ahead with it.

Small things to fix UI-wise (quoting things reported by other people above), but generally, a strong one compared to other UI in the game (which is terrible).

Good job again to anyone involved.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

My first second comments:

- For scenarios I think it should be mandatory to tell which routes and loco DLC are needed to play. It would be good if you can search for scenarios for a specific route.

The first one I tried, is meant for a specific livery (Dostos in IC colour scheme). This is shown in the screenshot, but finding it is a bit cumbersome. At the moment we can do this (probably) but as the number of scenarios/liveries grows it will be very hard to find stuff.

My third point is, can we mark liveries/scenarios as favourite without installing it? I do not want to clutter my game with loads of nice liveries/scenarios, which I do not always want to see in the game to occur.

I think ti also is essential that you can tell a livery should not be used for AI,or maybe give it a percentage how often it may occur in game.

Otherwise, it looks good and works very easy.

• Like Like x 7
  7. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The logos are terrible without a option to import real logos from Google or photos from designs. 59307098-D372-41AA-8E3D-A05142E7C403.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  8. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Calm down it will release soon

9. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I’m looking forward to using this , just need to get around the parental controls first :):mad:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Looking good.
    Noticed that on console (ps) don’t seem to be able to scroll down to read all the description for scenarios. Can’t seem to get cursor focus there. Haven’t tried liveries yet.
    PS has a 1GB disc limit for files.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Haven't been able to use it yet, but based on what I've heard on the stream earlier this week, it seems that players will be unable to transfer their PS4 Liveries to PS5 via the Creators Club. I feel like this is huge oversight, and the ability to do so should be added sometime in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

All consoles will have a 1GB limit

• Like Like x 1
  13. solicitr

Good logos can be made, and have been made, by LD users with a certain level of patience and skill. Additionally, PC users have access to a logo pack which includes most of the commonly-used ones, such as DB. You just have to sift through the unsorted mass of liveries to find the ones with good logos.

• Like Like x 2
  14. solicitr

As with so many of the PS5 issues, that's a Sony problem. Their management of the generational transition has been appallingly bad compared to XBox's.

• Like Like x 1
  15. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I didn't know it is possible to browse all this off-game. Maybe someone is just as uninformed as I am :D

Creators Club (dovetailgames.com)

PS However, you cannot view other works by a given author in this way.

... Besides, 90% of the content is missing in the subscriptions tab :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  16. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

The mobile website is a mess

• Like Like x 3
  17. Stephen Crofts

Anyone tell me how I can search by tag please?

• Like Like x 1
  18. ShaneS89

ShaneS89 Active Member

Or the ability to activate / de-activate subscriptions.

• Like Like x 1
  19. seanpward

seanpward Active Member

I know I could be incorrect in what I say but brands like British rail who are no longer a group...could they possibly be a brand we can use in the future?

• Like Like x 1
  20. KTL_Rob Powell

KTL_Rob Powell Well-Known Member

The BR license is with the DfT in the UK

21. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I did a scenario I really enjoyed until I got 2.2 miles from Brighton and everything was clogged up with red lights and I had to abandon it after waiting over 45 mins. It was a diesels one in the class 45. Intercity - Victoria to Brighton.

Also I have a rogue class 40 livery in the game. I originally subscribed to it, but unsubscribed later and it doesn't remove itself for some reason.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. dcnine#5410

dcnine#5410 Well-Known Member

Is it actually possible to upload liveries with logos from the logo pack? I’ve been a bit spooked to try it.

23. solicitr

As far as I can tell, what is uploaded to CC is the compressed bitmap skin, not the whole LD file with layers etc, so it shouldn't pose a problem. At least, so far I haven't received any complaints that logos weren't appearing.

(I did get a strange one, though, saying that he couldn't use a DB 146 livery because the system was telling him he needed East Coastway installed. Keine Ahnung wieso.)

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  24. dcnine#5410

dcnine#5410 Well-Known Member

Awesome, thank you! I’ll have to get back to uploading then!

25. SC Freiburg Fan

SC Freiburg Fan New Member

A little while ago, my TSW crashed after I ran a scenario with a downloaded repaint in timetable mode. does anyone have the same problem?

26. trinity#2970

trinity#2970 Member

Ok did you guys even test the Club on Xbox series x? I can’t upload my livery. Shows a error. And I also can’t subscribe to any mod. Just keeps loading when pressing subscribe.

27. solicitr

That I believe is at their end: the servers are getting swamped by the traffic today

28. solicitr

Permissions weirdness: the allowed list includes Southern, but not Norfolk Southern or Norfolk & Western.

29. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

IIRC, Southern means the UK rail company (BML, ECW) and not a US one.

30. solicitr

Oh, right. D'oh!

Still, perhaps DTG should clarify that- maybe listing it as Southern (UK).

31. Stephen Crofts

Can't seem to search very well. I tried to find liveries for the class 377, there's just so many already (which is really good btw), but I can't find what I'm looking for. Pressed enter on a search for '377', nothing but stuff unrelated to the 377 came up so far.
    Think we need filters such as loco and route to help us narrow things down.

Website view doesn't have an area for my subs, mobile website is very hard to use so far

• Like Like x 2
  32. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Let's hope it will be not a neverending beta :D

33. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Been really liking the new feature today peoples liveries and scenarios are really looking high quality and can clearly see quite some times been spent on them, and looking forward to seeing more in the future days and beyond :)

a thing for it that would be nice to see is to split the my downloads section between liveries and scenarios as once you get quite a few they can be a bit difficult to see what’s which in that part

• Like Like x 3
  34. solicitr

It really could use at least a filtering systems based on tags. As well as another pair of tags: Real World and Fictional

• Like Like x 3
  35. seanpward

seanpward Active Member

36. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’ve just tried this website and no pictures load and nothing appears selectable. It’s the same on both Safari and Chrome on iPad, if the web people at DTG need to know that.

In general…

As it’s so hard to tell what you are currently selecting in-game on console, because yet another UI has been designed for a mouse, and it’s not very searchable, I’ll not use it for now. Far too frustrating, so I’ll hit it up later in the beta or when the UI is redesigned so it is console and human compatible. DTG should not go public with such badly thought out and poorly designed UI even as a beta. That should all be sorted before we see it, since it is obvious schoolboy stuff. Not the first time, and the sliders for the weather in the game still all light up together and that was released in August and still not fixed.

• Like Like x 3
  37. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

upload_2022-2-24_22-52-5.png
    this is how a livery designer should be with high quality and real logos.
    Racing Games do it much better without any copyright issues

• Like Like x 5
  38. solicitr

Racing games published by Microsoft pay a boatload of money for the privilege, knowing they'll recoup their money through millions of sales. They most assuredly do have "copyright issues", and pay heavily to make them go away.

• Like Like x 1
  39. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Need for Speed or The Crew has also livery designers to upload real Logos.
    How Sony and Gran Turismo work I don’t know because I don’t play on PlayStation anymore.

• Like Like x 2
  40. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

Given that GWR is acceptable, you’d think eventually someone’s going to add the hidden FGW livery if hypothetically possible.

• Like Like x 1
  41. solicitr

Unfortunately it isn't- not unless somebody wants to do it from scratch, which would be REALLY hard (and would still show the GWR applique under the paint). The FGW livery, like all DTG-created liveries, is not accessible in LD.

42. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

upload_2022-2-24_16-0-40.jpeg
    I would like to say that I’m playing this on console. This is genuinely amazing.

• Like Like x 8
  43. solicitr

Did you get it from CC? That would be veeeerrrrry interesting- because it would mean somebody has discovered how to hack LD into DTG-created liveries.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Yep, it was from Creator’s Club alright. It’s a scenario that straight up uses the FGW mod, but now accessible to consoles. If this doesn’t get banned, this is HUGE.

• Like Like x 1
  45. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Damn, gonna look for this now if that’s the case. Maybe you could check the person who published it for the HST too?

46. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Everything is running relatively smoothly now. Have a few remaining questions on Creators Club:
    • Whenever I try to play a downloaded scenario with included custom liveries (for example the very popular IC2 scenario on DRA), the game appears to default to the normal livery, not the custom one. Downloading the three IC2 liveries published by the same creator separately seemed to fix the issue. Shouldn‘t liveries be included with the scenarios automatically, I thought they showed that in one of the preview streams with Matt‘s pink loco.
    • Are you able to drive an entire repainted consist (for example DB BR 146 + DoSto Wagons + DoSto Cab Car) in service mode? You can only select the livery of the part you‘re sitting in, right? The rest is random, with a small chance of getting the livery you want.

• Like Like x 2
  47. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

For your first point, the game can’t load what you don’t have, so yes it makes sense that you need to DL the liveries too, this was also the case in Matt’s stream.

The second point is a no, unfortunately it’s a randomised system, only way to get the entire consist is to make a scenario.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. solicitr

Who uploaded it?

49. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Several scenarios contain the FGW mod, but the one I downloaded was by an individual named “JonahN”. Again, they weren’t the only one.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. solicitr

Hmmm. Ordinarily for a particular livery to appear in a custom scenario it has to be downloaded separately. Are you on console?