Ruhr Sieg Nord Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by NorthRail1, Aug 16, 2018.

1. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Haven't seen a bug list yet for RSN so I've started this thread.

The speed limit on the HUD sometimes does not increase when the speed limit is supposed to change e.g. when the speed limit changes from 70 km/h to 100 km/h the speed limit on the HUD stays the same. When I increased the AFB to 100 km/h, the speed limit on the HUD then changed to 100.

There is also a tunnel with the same broken train lighting as in the previous dlc. All the other tunnels are fine though.

And also all the Br 143s are 143 065-1. I know it's been mentioned before but it's still a bug.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Wilbnil

Wilbnil Well-Known Member

Passengers glitch in the platforms on some stations.
    And the open door button seems to get jammed into open, just going back and forth between open and normal position.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

Hi guys. It would be helpful to us if you could be as precise as possible when reporting issues, for example:
    "There is also a tunnel with the same broken train lighting as in the previous dlc."
    Can you tell us which tunnel? Point it out on the map or supply a screenshot?
    Making these reports as detailed as possible will greatly help us pinpoint where the issue are.

• Like Like x 3
  4. NorthRail1

Thanks for the quick response TrainSim-Luke
    tunnelbug.jpg
    The problem with the tunnel happens in the tunnel shown on the map south of Letmathe.
    20180816201259_1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. Slowboystruggles

Slowboystruggles New Member

Not sure whether I'm doing something wrong, but I can't seem to switch on the passenger lights in the dostos. I tried both in the Br143 as well as the cabcar and the panel in the dostos themselves.

6. ITRail

ITRail Member

I think you need to activate the train line

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Slowboystruggles

Oh! Thanks man.

8. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I noticed a strange change in lighting at Hagen Hbf. There seems to be straight line with the station side brighter than the rest of the map.
    (forgot to turn the HUD off, sorry) 20180816213758_1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

Tutorials are listed in the main menu, but only the 185.2 and 143.

20180816192723_1.jpg

The Cab Car (DB 767pbzfa Introduction) is missing from the tutorial menu, only playable when first starting the game doing all three.
    It also is lacking spoken sound, the subtitles are there and you hear the ambient sound is getting lower like it is trying to play the sound.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1482063784 (Attached YouTube video with missing sound).

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  10. John Doe

John Doe New Member

In the reality, the maximum speed of a BR 143 are 120 km/h.
    In the game, when the cabcar (Dosto Steuerwagen) in front, you can drive 160 km/h and more.
    How do you do this, it's magic!

• Like Like x 2
  11. TrainSim-Luke

Hi guys, please keep in mind the HUD only shows the line speed limit, it does not show variable signal speeds. This is why the manual made a point in describing the speed limits shown on signals.

I am working with the support desk in logging RSN bugs this morning, so please keep them coming and be as descriptive as possible;
    - scenario/service number
    - location (including platform number if at a station)
    - what you were doing
    - screenshots if possible
    - is it reproducible? (does the same bug happen every time)

Thanks all.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ITRail

ITRail Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Completely off-topic bit it's interesting that the italian for "Zoom" is "Zoom". :o

• Like Like x 1
  14. NorthRail1

In the freight yard at Plettenberg, there is a short stretch of 'invisible' track. The track appears to be missing but the train and wagons drive over it fine.
    20180817111858_1.jpg
    20180817112005_1.jpg
    plettenburginvisibletrackbug.jpg
    After finishing that service, I spawn walked at Plettenberg and found the bug to still be there.

• Like Like x 2
  15. NekoNina

NekoNina Well-Known Member

So here's my little bug list:

- When walking between the Dostos you sometimes get teleported into the ground
    - The headlights aren't going brighter when choosing "Headlights bright" or when activating the High Beam
    - When driving a cab car service the red lights on the end of the 143 aren't activated
    - The cab light on the 143 is always bright even when set as "Dimmed"
    - When standing in rain, the cab car windshield seems unaffected by the rain
    - You can look through the windows where the toilets are and then see the ground (Picture 1)
    - When walking between the dosto cars the sound gets buggy sometimes (you hear the outside sounds inside)
    - The 143 air blowers are way too quiet
    - On the 185 there is a button called "el/pn" (picture 2)
    - On the 185 the High Beams don't work either
    - The red train lights at the back of the train don't work either when shunting (143 and 185)
    - If the horn is spammed in the 185 it just disappears

Personal Preferences:

- The Train Line Power (Dostos and 143) should be always on when starting a service
    - I know it's realistic that there are no cab car services from Finnetrop to Hagen but it get's boring to just drive from Hagen
    - The Afb on the 185 should be controlled by Y (in Qwerty z) and C like in TSXX. Ctrl+Shift+R is very complex

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  16. NorthRail1

I agree it would be considerably easier to use the Afb in the 185 with the Z and C keys.

17. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Another thing, which does not concern only this line ....

I use the XBO 360 handle to play (waiting for the Raildriver to work). Why DTG has to reverse the braking and acceleration controls.
    Most locomotives have the brake on the right and the acceleration control on the left (as on TS2018).

Why the XBOX is reversed?

18. NorthRail1

When driving the 09:15 RE 16 Hagen - Siegen (Cab Car Service) you have to open the doors at the wrong side at Plettenberg station.
    20180817134418_1.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  19. TrainSim-Luke

• Like Like x 1
  20. ITRail

ITRail Member

Nope I only got some Emergency application by PZB so some delay but nothing as save and load.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. TrainSim-Luke

ok, thanks

22. John Doe

John Doe New Member

@ DTG: guys, i like your british sense of humor!

Signalling speed restriction.
    By 90, 80, 70 km/h or lower we have a speed restriction via PZB. Absolutely! When you set a speed sign "ständige Langsamfahrstelle" Lf 6 so this must be monitored. Is in this section a further speed restriction via H/V or Ks light signal, then the restriction already applies to the next main light signal, not just at the beginning of the slow-speed route behind the signal.

BR 143: excuse me, but i dont understand this.
    All locos are the same number. Why?
    Fine, the traction gauge is now working, but wrong. What are you doing? Into the BR 185 it's works fine, make the same thing on the BR 143. But you have a BR 143 or 155 or 112 etc. in the Train Simulator (railworks). It works there, copy and paste, ready! Or ask at virtual railroads, your "partner" of "iconic" locos! Or look at youtube for a correct function of traction gauge, speed selector (you call it AFB, wrong) and power selector.

You give 100 percent power, the traction gauge displayed maximum Nm, the ampere explode (see on the upper dash, called "Oberstrom").

And the maximum speed (see above post). The BR 143 runs 120 km/h. In front or as push loco at the end. No way for the Dosto cab car of 160 km/h. Unless you found a secret perpetuum mobile wit a magic power...

23. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

When riding as a passenger, I can't sit in the Secondman seat in the Cab Car. It asks if I want to take control of the service.

24. Wilbnil

Wilbnil Well-Known Member

That happens in other locos and dlc's aswell, and seems to be on purpose.

25. NekoNina

Found another bug: On the cab car and dosto cars some windows seem unaffected by rain and snow.

26. Slowboystruggles

Just a minor thing, but encountered this when stopping at "Kreuztal" in the "Heavy Metal" scenario.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      753.3 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Jodler

Jodler New Member

-On the cab car you cant accelerate using the side controls, seems like somethings wrong with the connection to the loco because on the displays the power arrow goes up.

-On the 143 the kN needle always goes to max no matter how fast you accelerate.

-On the 143 the tap changer changes to quickly, it should take a bit more time for them to go up or down.

28. ITRail

ITRail Member

I can accelerate without any problem on the cab car. Are you sure your not doing something wrong?

29. Jodler

Jodler New Member

Im talking about the side controls on the windows.

For them to work you gotta put the throttle in "min" and then press "frei" on the side controls. If i now want to apply power the needle in the Display moves but it dosent apply power seen by the blue bar, an emergency brake in the "SOS" position works on the other hand so i guess theres just a missing line of code or something.

30. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

In GWE it is possible to ride in the second man's seat.

31. Jodler

Jodler New Member

The cable is on the wrong outlet (you can see there is one that is already open) also this cable only appears after coupling and decoupling a couple of times, its not there by default.

Attached Files:

32. Slowboystruggles

-Not sure wether this only happens in rns, but something seems to be wrong with the foliage graphic setting. When setting it to medium it goes back up to high whenever I change camera views. The setting will still read medium but the ammount of trees will change to high. I know so because changing it to high won't change anything, changing it back medium reduces the ammount of trees again.

-The red digits in the front display of the 185.2 that show the selected AFB-speed disappear after switching cameras.

33. John Doe

John Doe New Member

Next one...

1. Message at all collectibles in the german version "Streckenkarte hinzugefügt" (engl. "route map collected"), of regardless of the art from the collectible.

2. Floating object nearby Finnentrop signal box.

TSW_Bugman_1534599648_00.png

3. Marker without function Finnentrop platform.

TSW_Bugman_1534599759_00.png

4. Outside sound at inactive locos. Par example, the timetable scenario with the BR 143 at 10:00 am or the second part of this 2:00 pm. This train consists of the leading one BR 143 (activ, player loco) and the inactiv following locos. Start the train, switch outside (double key 2 or 3) and listen: you can hear the engine sound from the towed BR 185 (musical scale).

To be continued...

34. Jodler

Jodler New Member

-Train lights cant be turned on from the 143 cab
    -When switching cabs in the 143 the driver stays in onyl one cab when you look from the outside.

35. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

- Tractive effort display on BR143 shows nonsensical readings and max out all the time
    - Current readings on the ampermeter on BR143 go through the roof and far above values possible in real life
    - Whirring of the invertors on BR185 in low speed can be heard even when moving in idle, reverser in neutral and even with lowered pantograph. That sound should be heard only when invertors are actually driving the traction motors, either accelerating or braking.

36. John Doe

John Doe New Member

Timetable scenarios with the BR 143

10:00 am loco transport: Before you run, the hand brakes must be released on all locomotives!
    2:00 pm loco transport:Before you run, the hand brakes must be released on all locomotives!
    4:15 pm loco transport: yeeha, all handbreakes are released...and all locos ito the train are on fire (engines running, pantographs are elevated, main switches on)

All this tree scenarios with the BR 143: see the pictures please

TSW_Bugman_1534619657_00.png
    TSW_Bugman_1534619754_00.png

First loading of the scenario: last loco is a BR 185. UE4 crash after few minutes. Next loading, the last loco is a BR 143. Restart scenario or game or make a completely new installation or watherver, same result. All bugs are repetable...

Level crossing missed

Soory, but we have not an editor or coordinates. Please see on the picture, km 56,4 (Hektometertafel) or km 54,8 (level crossing plate, BÜ signal). Where is the railroad barrier? And which kilometer is it, 54,6 or 54,8? Why are the BÜ- plates on the wrong side?

TSW_Bugman_1534620597_00.png

Regards, John

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  37. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

- AFB behavior on BR185 is wonky: it drops off tractive effort too early when accelerating, doesn't help itself with pneumatic brakes when it should (you said it should themselves, in the pre-release stream).
    - AFB on BR185 releases standing brake when you move AFB lever above 0, even if tractive effort set to 0 (it shouldn't)
    - When AFB's standing brake is applied on BR185, dial shows both loco and train brakes as applied, while standing brake should only use loco brakes. More so, dial below shows brake pipe at 5 bar, so train brakes should be released.
    upload_2018-8-18_21-50-36.png

• Like Like x 1
  38. madmeister

madmeister Member

It is actually louder between the cars since there is no sound proof isolation.

-On the Br 185 and the Cabcar the electrical brake isn't shown properly in the MFD, on the one screen the power you get back from the brakes is shown in yellow and in the other screen it isn't
    -When you get outside the Br 185 you can't hear the electrics when you have your back to the loco. But the moment you turn around you can hear it again
    -The AFB on the Br 185 always starts braking with the maximum and then goes back to 0, which lets the needle jump between full brake and zero rapidly. It should increase and decrease fluently, just like the power does.
    -There is at least one PZB magnet missing on a 70km/h announcement in direction of Finnentrop
    -There are plenty of tunnels where the light doesn't get darker or the sound gets distorted
    -Im not sure about that one, but I think Kliames is not written right on the double decker cars

And a personal notice:
    It is not the job of the community to find those bugs. Many of them are very obvious and it is not our job to reach out to you to fix them. You have a beta testing team for that job and if they don't find such obvious problems maybe you should get other testers.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  39. NekoNina

Well I know that but when you go through the cars sometimes the sound gets stuck in the loud mode even though you are inside.

• Like Like x 1
  40. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

That is probably the same error that sometimes occurs when you go to a outside view then back to the driverseat and are stuck wit outside soundlevels.

• Like Like x 1
  41. madmeister

madmeister Member

Sorry, I thought you ment literally between the coaches, my bad

• Like Like x 1
  42. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

- Raindrops on the windshield are drawn on top of rain no matter from which side you look onto it
    upload_2018-8-19_2-33-48.png

- Ceiling in BR185 cab sometimes becomes lit at night. And then goes dark. And again. Randomly as far as I can tell.
    upload_2018-8-19_2-39-25.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. Johan H

Johan H New Member

I've noticed a couple of Zs3v signals that don't work, distant signal shows Vr 2 "Expect proceed at reduced speed" without any number on the Zs3v sign, so one expect 40km/h, but when reaching the main signal showing Hp 2 "Proceed at reduced speed" but with a Zs3v sign showing for example 5 or 6. So the Zs3v should show 5 or 6 also.
    I'm not really that experienced with German signaling so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  44. NekoNina

Actually, I meant between the coaches when you use those doors. And then when you're inside the other coach the sound get's buggy.
    Hopefully they can fix it.

45. John Doe

John Doe New Member

@ Johan H: No, they are right. The entire signal system has a big problem. An example:
    The distant signal shows Vr2, meaning "drive at 40 km / h expect" on the next main signal.
    This reduced speed then applies immediately to the next main signal (Hr2), see DTG manual page 14 and following pages.

Then take a look at the HUD in the game .... no restricted speed or only hundreds of meters later. That's a big mistake!

Same procedure at speed restrictions (signal plate "Lf6"), the restriction is then immediately from Lf 7 (beginning of the section), not in the next turn or where ever.

What I do not understand: DTG has already published many German tracks in railworks (Train Simulator 2012 - 2018) and did not make these serious mistakes there. What happened? Do not the developers of the TS talk to the colleagues of the TSW?

46. A lot of bugs with sounds of rain when you sit in the car. Especially well they are heard in the scenario "Storm Trail", the car 767.2 DABpbzfa:
    • the sound of the rain still audible, if you enter a tunnel (sometimes the silence comes from the middle of the tunnel);
    • if in the tunnel turn on an external camera, the sound of rain in the car is gone forever;
    • if the train passes you on the neighboring tracks, the sound of rain will temporarily disappeared;
    • in 767.2 DABpbzfa if you drive forward and look at one of the side windows of the driver's cab, you will see that the raindrops flow to the left, as if the train is moving back. They should flow to the right, because the train goes forward.

47. Schnitzla

Schnitzla Member

Hello DTG team,

you find a summary of bugs collected by the railsim.de forum in Germany below.
    https://rail-sim.de/forum/index.php/Thread/29624-Fehlerliste-bug-report-Ruhr-Sieg-Nord/

If you have further questions don;t hesitate and circle back to me.

BR 143:

1. Loco and physics
    - All Br 143 have the same numbers 143 065
    - The Traction Meter doesn't work or shows inaccurate vales which doesn't match which the real force or the tap hanger in general
    - The tap changer is on top "00" when the loco is running with a constant speed of e.g. 120 kph - that is unrealistic because there is always a force to hold the speed up
    - Break pressure is wrong if released (4bar) but it should be 5bar (compare with BR 185)
    - The free underrun of the tap charger is missing
    - The maximum speed (Vmax) is 120 kph, but the loco is running close to 200 kph
    - The pantograph switch is interchanged with the selected pantograph
    - AFB needle of the speedometer is yellow instead red, the color should match which the red "Vsoll" on the the speedometer
    - The lighting of the instruments/meters are way to bright, it should be more dimmed to be realistic

2. Sound
    - The very typical noise of the traction motor fans isn't recognizable, if you are in the engineer seat and the wndows are closed
    - The very typical noise of the traction motor fans start isn't recognizable
    - The very typical click sound of the AFB selector of you swich from "0" to "1" or back isn't implemented
    - If you apply or release the (air) brake, the typical air flowing sound isn't implemented

BR 185.2:

1. Loco and physics
    - AFB is buggy and isn't available in general or if you take out a look of the window
    - The Braking behavior of the loco is very inaccurate/unrealistic. The loco stops to fast with am minimum apply of the brake system
    - AFB activation is described in the manual with key "R" but is key "Y\Z" on keyboard
    - If you ride in the cab in the night you have unidentified light source somewhere (See post #42)
    - If you raise the pantograph, the measured voltage in the loco display is 0 kV instead of 15 kV (you shall see the 15 kV before you switch one the main breaker (Hauptschalter)

2. Sound
    - If you leave the drivers seat, it's sounds like the window is open (if you open and close the window the bug is solved)
    - If the sound message "Sifa" or "Zugbeeinflussung" is active and you leave the loco ( let the door open) you can hear the messages outside like you are inside of the loco

767.2 „DABpbzfa":

1. Cabcar & physics
    - If you run the cabcar with the BR 143, you can reach a max. speed of over 160 kph (remember, the max speed of BR 143 is 120 kph)
    2. Sound
    - If windows are open, the cabcar sounds like a BR 143

Enviroment/Others:

- The Distant Signal (Vsig) of the home signal (Esig) in Werdohl into the direction to Letmathe is placed wrong way round
    - Close the Letmathe, the obfuscation in the tunnel is missing
    - If the signal shows Sh1, you can see a Vr0 on the Distant Signal (Vsig) as well. But it should be dark. Seen in Letmathe
    - In Hagen freight yard into the direction of Letmathe, the home signal shows a Ne3 sign as well, besides that a Ne3 was attached too the last Home Signal already => double signaling - mistake
    - The passengers on the platform in Plettenberg (direction from Hagen) waiting on the wrong side (left) but the doors of the train opening on the right side
    - The "Ebula" shows a wrong data format 01.07.2.018 instead of 01.07.2018
    - The LF7 sign is to small, the correct measurment is 420 x 500 mm
    - In general, check the correct inscription of textures in the engines/cabcar

Best.

Chris

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  48. John Doe

John Doe New Member

Hello Chris,

excuse me, but i can not confirm two of your bugs.
    For me, the AFB can be easily switched on and off with the "R" key, not with the "Y" or "Z" keys (Steam
    and TSW in german language).
    The same applies to the fan sound in the class 143, even when the windows are closed, it is easy to hear.

Regards, John

49. NorthRail1

This collectible is protected by an invisible barrier.
    20180820085004_1.jpg 20180820085015_1.jpg

50. Jef-F

Jef-F Active Member

Same. Blower sounds are surprisingly good and can be heard perfectly, even sound of respective control relays is there.