Harlem Line Achivements Has Appeared On Steam

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by CowBoyWolf, Feb 25, 2022.

1. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

upload_2022-2-25_12-29-48.png

• Like Like x 17
  2. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

That "122 miles" sounds a bit strange to me. Does that number have some special meanings?

3. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

Oh yes and it is really a good one, just figured it out.

122 is the decimal conversion of hex 7A

• Like Like x 8
  4. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

There is no religious meaning behind :). When you have 122miles in the m7a this archievment will unlock. This must be around 5 to 6 times the route (grand terminal - north white plains).

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
  5. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

There is a specific meaning behind, as I have stated above.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HaibaraHariko

I know that. But so far we've been getting achievements like "387 miles in Class 387", or maybe more generic ones like "100 miles in F7" and "200 miles in Class 465". That's why I'm wondering if the number "122" has something to do with the M7A train or the route.

7. HaibaraHariko

That's interesting. Never thought about that.

Now I'm glad that the achievement for DB BR 101 only required 101 km instead of 1,100,101 km or something.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
  8. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Ah...so I see DTG's tapped into local New York slang huh? :D
    That's kinda funny.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

" Longer than a New York Minute" is very appropriate for such a short route. :D

10. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Must be getting close!

11. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

There’s achievement for a new train too, a German I believe.

12. CowBoyWolf

From what I can see there’s nothing

13. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

The 420?

14. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

So does that mean Harlem is first or still Lucern?

15. Wieczorek

Wieczorek Active Member

Where is achievement for DB BR 420? I see nothing

16. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Not bad as DB BR182 where 1820 kms is required to unlock the achievement DB BR146.2 1462 km using Nahverkehr Dresden & Main Spessart Bahn Aschaffenburg-Gemünden versions 442 Talented it counts both Nahverkehr Dresden and Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen. Wuppertal Commuter 422 km counts both HRR and Rhein-Ruhr Osten DB BR422.

17. chieflongshin

I think it was. I was looking on steam app and it didn’t show. When I was on pc and hit shift and tab it showed as the next closest achievement . It was on pc list but couldn’t see on my tablet. Unless it’s been whipped off

18. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Nice. Looking forward to seeing this route

19. chieflongshin

Found the achievement I was referencing to. This isn't a train I believe is currently there, unless this is a Harlem one?

Screenshot (99).png

20. CowBoyWolf

That is for Arosa linie

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  21. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

So, these usually show up around 4 - 6 weeks before the route is released. So, an end of March date is possible.

22. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

And the achievements for the last German trainset are still not available on Stream

23. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Definitely looking forward to this route, but especially the Grand Central Terminal Environment and Ambient.

24. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

That scenario was named by a local that's on the beta team if I remember correctly.

• Like Like x 3
  25. chieflongshin

I take it your expectations are already set that it’s platforms only and not the big terminal up top? They said in a stream it don’t add value so it’s not worth the modelling time or words to that effect.

Seperate note, nearly bought the M3 a while back. Is this new one a reskin or identical do you think?

26. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

The M7A's and M3A's that operate on the Metro North are very similar to their LIRR counterparts, sporting only a few changes from the M7's and M3's since the two railroads have different electrical and signaling systems.

What this would mean for TSW, we are yet to see. But given that in-game these trains are already a few years old, they are in need of a touch-up. I suspect we can compare this to the updates made to the Class 377 between East Coastway and the Brighton Mainline, where plenty of improvements and fixes were made to the trains PIS, physics, sounds, and various other things.
    What the extent of these improvements would be for the M7's and M3's we'll have to wait and see, but at the very least there should be some notable differences.

• Like Like x 2
  27. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

The updates of rolling stock is the first half part. The second half is port over to older vehicles.

So in this case the question is:

M7a / m7: at least the sound part for traction, which isnt coming just from the front bogie needs to be ported to lirr. This can be done even if the m7a has different sounds. Right now aa huge immersion braker for all lirr fans paid money.

377: seems the 377 from east coastway still isnt the new version from l2b. This is a thing should be done & expected for the preserv. Update.

Cl.66: obviously now with the gwe upgrade its the chance to change it with the east coast version.

Br143: should be changed with the riesa dresden 143

185: at least the 4 panto trax has the right sounds, an update for the 2 panto version should be adressed.

Its a good thing to improve products, thats the case in every company, physical products too etc.

But ive never seen somebody letting their improvements parallel to old things running when its the same thing.

So i hope dtg isnt just upgrading the locos to a new standard, also i hope they create a way in their dev. Proccess to do it efficiently.

The lirr example is causing players to stop playing the route, my self included.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
  28. chieflongshin

Is this route purely passenger then? Any freight or branches or are we setting ourselves up for 500 a to b routes

• Like Like x 1
  29. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Passenger only

• Like Like x 1
  30. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Did you worked on it?

31. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Nah, just helped with signals and did some testing.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I was expecting a reference to the Harlem Shake, it is just about there.

33. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Hopefully they not screw the PIS again
    upload_2022-2-26_18-42-14.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  34. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Hopefully its new model, and more realistic sound, because the current LIRR M3 as we know is not up to standard. and what i meant is the platform and the ambient sound. :D

• Like Like x 1
  35. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I agree, because the LIRR POS System doesn't look the same as the realistic one.
    The POS System for the Metro North Line should have the blue and white font color, especially the update POS System as you can see here in this picture,
    [​IMG]667 × 1,000
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I am in the same boat as you. The sound of the engine just keeps on cutting off and the route itself does feel as realistic as possible in terms of the station object, such as there is no MTA Ticket machine currently present in the route, also no car, city ambients, and especially the lighting in the station really need work on, the tunnel also need work because i remember in one of the videos, especially when going out of the Atlantic Barclay Terminal, you can actually see the lighting in the tunnel and bright allowing the driver to see clearly what the object is in front of them. Another thing missing is the HVAC Noise from the train, currently in current LIRR M3, M7A rolling stock, there isn't any ac noise, which really kills the experience, of the M3 or M7A in my own opinion, because this is what I always remember when going on the M3 or M7A.

Along with that even though the HVAC is on talking in the realistic point of view, you can still hear the train crossing the rail or at switching junction, and the screeching of it going through a curve, and the rumbling sound when the train picks up speed. But while in-game, you just can't feel any of the same experience as the realistic one, because of awful unrealistic sounds and missing HVAC noise in-game, and the ambient and atmosphere of what makes this route a playable experience.

What I am trying to say is that I really do wish that the team would make this train more realistic with the correct sound of the M3 and M7A along with the HVAC Noise, Realistic Track Noise, and especially make this route really feel like the real city Experience in-game.

• Like Like x 2
  36. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

37. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Did you guys know that the white plain station has been renovated. I didn't know until just now. Anyhow hopefully the team can make the Updated White Plain Station. Heres a video of it. You can hear the train proplusion and the updated PIS on the station. :D

As you can hear the audio is not the same as the current in-game M7A or M3. You can't hear no HVAC Noise, propulsion, and engine sound or the Door beeping sound, clearly in-game in the current LIRR.

• Like Like x 2
  38. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Man, those M7 sounds. They were spot on 100% correct on the original LIRR before TSW2 broke them. Traction motor sounds and door motor sounds are perfect. Hopefully they get reused correctly on this route as well.

If the route won't be a buggy mess and we get a good M7 and M3 experience, it's an instant buy from be even despite the short length.

• Like Like x 1
  39. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I think the above POS system that I posted earlier with the black and yellow font doesn't exist anymore on the Harlem line instead they are using the colorful Blue and White Font which in my own opinion, I think is better and clearer and more information display on it. I hope that the team are using the new blue and white Font POS System instead of the old one.

The Old POS System with the black and yellow led font probably is still used on the other line still, which I believe in the future will be updated to the one that the Harlem line has now.

40. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Here is another good video that show propulsion sound. Hear how good the sound of train rattling on the track and coming and exiting the station.:D Also, the horn sound is loud, and the M3 Brake Hissing, and not like anything we have in game currently. This is what i want to see in the Harlem Line.

41. driverwoods#1787

Good point and in the Video M7A has tinted windows for DTG they might do that as copy and paste LIRR version for M3 & M7 that leaves the windows untinted on the Metro-North Version

42. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Here are the difference from the M7A and M3A, as you can hear between these two fan talking about it on their video

• Like Like x 1
  43. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Inside passenger car ambient which you still could hear the engine motor and the rackety sound on the track, especially in the tunnel and on the bridge

timestamp:
    4:31 You can hear the decreasing throttle sound on the track.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  44. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Yeh the differences between the M7, M7A, M3A and M3 are minor. The M3A has the same seats as the M7A and are in a much better condition than the LIRR M3s which are retired. The seats in the M3 on lirr in tsw were modeled too clean and spotless cause in reality, it wasn't uncommon to find the LIRR M3s with poor quality and torn up seats. I hated being on those LIRR M3s and I'm glad there no longer in service and are heading to the scrapyard where they belong to be honest. The M7 and M7A sound exactly the same along with the M3 and M3A. The M7A has a overhead HVAC system while the M7 has holes for the HVAC. The mta metro north railroad does have atc which is the same system used on lirr. The cab of the M7A and M3A though has N, L, M and R which is basically the signal speed instead of numbers that are in the LIRR M3 and M7. The way that the M7A and the M3A get power is different because the shoes of that trains are much lower compared to the M3 and M7 on LIRR. The MTA Metro-North Railroad has under running 3rd rail.The lights when the doors close and the seating positions between the railroads are different and when you approach a station on the Metro North Railroad you have to honk the horn even if you are stopping at the station. Other then that players will be getting a similar experience they had on LIRR so I don't blame people for thinking that they are driving a "recycled train" or that the route is just a Rehashed LIRR

The route has a mix of urban which you would find in the New York City Boroughs of Manhattan and The Bronx. Also you will find the urban environment in White Plains. Once you get to Bronxville or north of Mount Vernon, you will find a more surburban environment. The Harlem line does have nice suburban scenery but alot of the iconic surburban scenery it has is north of North White Plains. There are no freight services that run on this line.

I think this route should've gone to Southeast as that's where the electrified portion of the line ends and there is nice scenery north of North White Plains. Also it would've given players a more complete route. I'm not surprised when there was backlash when it was announced that the route would only go to north white plains. The route won't feel complete. Instead of getting 52 miles we are only getting 22 miles. The full electrified section has 31 stations. With this section of the line, there are only 18 stations. Yeh the line goes to wassic but it's a single track operated by diesel shuttle trains from Southeast to Wassic. Players will get a similar playing experience to LIRR since the trains are very similar with only a few minor differences. Honestly I feel like DTG would've been better off if they really wanted to make a metro north route to make the Hudson Line as that is the most scenic route on the Metro North Railroad and the P32s could've been added as well along with Amtrak services. Or they could've made the Metro North Port Jervis Line which runs diesel trains in conjunction with NJ Transit from Hoboken, New Jersey to Port Jervis which would've offered players a completely different gameplay experience for players.

Not sure why dtg chose the harlem line to be honest. Probably because the Harlem line was never made for Train Simulator and they wanted to give players a different metro north line since the Hudson and New Haven lines are in TS. I think that it's nice that there is a Metro North route coming considering that I use the Metro-North Railroad quite often but I feel like more could've been done with this route and players will effectively get a rehashed LIRR which for me isn't bad but I can understand why that could be a potential turn off for some

Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  45. tallboy7648

I hope they put the accurate pis. They did get the reference for the accurate lirr pis but self imposed deadlines meant that they didn't have the time to add the correct pis to lirr when the first preservation update came out

46. tallboy7648

Track noise on the MTA Metro North Railroad is very common so I hope this route will have track noise and not sould like the route is running on continuous grinded rail which would be unrealistic

47. driverwoods#1787

All are valid points but when DTG makes the Metro-North M3A & M7A they might take the Cheap option which is reskinning the LIRR M7 & M3 into Metro-North Blue. M7A Harlem Line will be a reskin of LIRR Version which I spent Most of TSW 2020 on with Modified HVAC Vent bu keeping original Cab Bogie modified to use 750v DC Third Rail Bottom Contact. While M3A straight up reskin with Bogie modifications for 750v DC 3rd rail Bottom Contact and keeping the 1983-1987 seats. In real life, M3A uses M7A seats since 1999-2007a and needs to have tint otherwise straight-up LIRR Main Line

• Like Like x 1
  48. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Right that what i am also hoping or else it another LIRR which we do not want to see this same mistake again. PLEASE Get it right DTG

• Like Like x 1
  49. cali100001

cali100001 Member

I give up! :mad: I'm outta here. I get it! We will not get any good route other than short and buggy routes for TSW. Metro North Grand Central to White Plains, LIRR style. Fine, I'll just stick with the damn TS 2022, I will never lay finger on the Purchase Now button to buy TSW 1 or 2. Peace, ya'll!

• Like Like x 2
  50. tallboy7648

I don't blame you to be honest