PC There's No Way To Change Display's Brightness/gamma/contrast?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Gabe_1.0, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

You may be one of thoes people who understand that in real life a locomotive's cab is acually pretty dark during the day since not much light can get in there or tunnels are meant to make everything pitch black unless you have lights on. Which makes sense. It's nice to have an enviroment in the cab that is well lit "naturally" but in reality it's difffrent. Would like to replicate this in TSW as well but to do that we'd need to get acess to the brightness settings which don't seem to exist. Alternative options?

2. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

You can simply set the brightness of your monitor.. or use the nvidia control panel and set an other brightness for the game.
    But that would not help you because that simply sets the brightness for everything, not only the cab.
    The real problem here is that the cab is completely translucent, and until DTG fixes that, it will always be shitty.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  3. Gabe_1.0

What do you mean translucent? I havent heard of this issue before

4. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

The environmental light simply goes trough it and illuminates the cab. Also every other light like on stations and locos. Ever had a train coming from the back? Its lights shine trough the whole train and light your cab.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Gabe_1.0

I noticed when you go through a tunnel, the cab is pitch plack but the roof of the cab on the inside is not affected

6. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Good to see i am not the only one this erks :D