Stats For S-bahn Zentralschweiz: Luzern - Sursee Now In Steamdb

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WonterRail, Mar 1, 2022.

1. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

I was wondering when these would be added, considering that Harlem Line's got added first, but we now have the stats for Rivet Games next route, Luzern - Sursee:

Hopefully release isn't too far away now, which I would have a guess that this is going to be the next route release.

Steamdb: https://steamdb.info/app/1282590/history/?changeid=U:28570635

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Can share the steam achievements info in around 6 hours

• Like Like x 1
  3. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Anyone has a rough idea when this route might release? Something like experiences from tha last releases?

4. damarjatiaji

damarjatiaji Guest

Is it possible that all listed Route Addons (Apart from Spirit Of Steam, still months away) could be released in the same time or in a short interval? Because recently Skyhook Games begin to appear again with their Horseshoe Curve Route on their Facebook Page, stating that the Horseshoe Curve would coming very soon.

5. CowBoyWolf

The moment ya'll been waiting for :P upload_2022-3-1_16-1-29.png

• Like Like x 9
  6. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Rule of thumb is approximately 1 month from now. Keep in mind that the Harlem line has gone into steam DB a few days ago, so DTG will probably want to delay one of the releases until the other is out for marketing reasons.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Well atleast we know theres going to be a minimum of 20 services included I guess.

8. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Coincidentally, Rivet has uploaded a new devblog over on there YouTube channel just today.

Say what you will about their products, but Rivet sure knows how to model a train really well :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

i believe that go for every other route as well including the upcoming Harlem Line? What does this mean? Does it have any meaning?, Does it mean there is only 20 service in a timetable cause that would be so crazy?

10. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I really like how these third party creators create these behind the scene video of the modeling of the train, and I really want DTG Team to start doing as well, because these videos are so interesting, to us the player, a look behind the scene of what happens when making these train. What do other people think of this idea for future TSW 2 Release? TrainSim-Matt TrainSim-Adam What do you think of starting a behind the scene making train video just like how Rivet does theirs on your train simulator channel?

11. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Yes, its the propulsion part that is their problem. Looking forward to see how they'll screw up this one :D

12. Swisstrains

if you would have watched the preview video
    () you would have seen that it’s well done so far

• Like Like x 1
  13. fabristunt

You really believe they'd put in the 25 seconds that show the bugs?
    Arosa also looked good in the previews, yet it was unplayable and kept derailing.

14. Swisstrains

as I said, ‘so far‘

15. WonterRail

The thumbnail for that video just went up in twitter and it also revealed what the Mountain behind Lucerne is potentially going to look like:
    Lucern Mountain.PNG
    I wanted to bring this up as this was a point of contention as to whether this was going to look any good or not, and from first glance, I will say this...

It looks better than any of the mountains the featured on Arosalinie... but I'll leave it there and see you all respond before going further.

Original Tweet: https://twitter.com/RivetGames/status/1498734898806509575?cxt=HHwWjsC-_eTcycwpAAAA

• Like Like x 3
  16. Swisstrains

I think it looks… better. It‘s just a peak, and maybe the overall mountains look way better, but we have to see… I would love to see snow on the mountain peeks, a possibility to cover up some things there

17. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Just watched the video.

Im impressed a Lot. They care about many details. Looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I'd be more than happy if the arosa mountains would look like that. Also the Depot and near distance scenery looking well as of now.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Officer2506

Officer2506 Well-Known Member

Time Stamp 13:05 > Island Line Class 484 for Isle of Wight ?

20. WonterRail

Let me tell you, the completing 20 service achievement means nothing when talking about how many services a route could potentially have. I mean, one of the achievements for London Commuter is for completing 50 services... and look how many that had in the end.

But on the subject on this route, I actually did some research into how many services this route could potentially have this is kinda the first time Rivet have done a busy main line type-ish route leading into a main busy station, and from having a look a real-life schedules, I think this looks... interesting.

But thing is certain, this will probably have the most services of any route Rivet have done so far, but there are two possible outcomes on how much this number will actually be.

Now if this route's timetable is just consisted of RegioExpress and S1 services, then that number will be around 119 services. Keep in mind that this doesn't include any depot services which will most likely inflate that number. But that number would mostly consist of full-line runs between Luzern & Sursee with the S-Bahn staying within the confines of the route and the RE's going beyond towards Olten. Each of these services normally happen about 3 times an hour in each direction (2 S1 services and 1 RegioExpress train).

But will say this though, there is one service on this route that I think is run by the 523 that I hope will, not only be represented on this route, but also be made drivable and that is S9. This service starts and Luzern and travels the route as far as Emmenbrücke Gersag, before turning off towards Lenzburg. These services happen twice an hour in each direction and would add around an extra 78 services (39 in each direction) taking the number of services up to potentially, 197 in total. So tinkering on the 200 service mark and when you include depot services onto the matter, I feel like this threshold would be broken. I do hope this service is represented and made drivable, not only for extra traffic around Lucerne, but also so that this routes timetable isn't just going to consist of services that run the whole length without any other variations to offer, which is what I fear this timetable is going to be if S9 is not represented and made drivable.

Speaking of extra traffic around Lucerne, I can pinpoint to one AI service that could be represented on this route which is S3, as that is the only other one that is seemingly operated by the 523. Every other service that runs into Lucerne seemingly is operate by rolling stock that doesn't currently exist in TSW2 yet.

But then again, this is just speculation and hopefully soon, we will see some actual gameplay from this route so we can see what the final service number for this route is really going to be.

• Like Like x 2
  21. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The last achievement is named after the Tennis player Rodger Federer. If they need a freight locomotive here dual mode both Aem 940 Alstom Prima and Stadler Eem 923 works well

22. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

In last week’s roadmap stream, Adam mentioned that the next patch/update was going to coincide with Luzern-Sursee’s release and making very good progress. At the time, the Swiss route was in the final polish phase while Harlem Line had just completed scenery & route building, moving into polishing as a result.
    Judging by all of that (as well as Rivet’s consistent marketing push with the dev blogs and screenshots recently), we should hopefully be expecting Luzern-Sursee within the next 2-3 weeks, with Harlem Line and Horseshoe Curve following shortly after. The fact that Luzern-Sursee’s SteamDB entry was published after Harlem Line is probably caused by Rivet being a third party developer with slightly different development processes and timelines.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  23. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Good spot, if you watch it now it has been blurred, so seems like that was not intended to be published :D Now they can very well just put it on the roadmap :D

• Like Like x 1
  24. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Class 484 cant Drive True the Tunnel, the real tracks are completely rebuild to make the Class driving

25. Javelin

Javelin Well-Known Member

Not true, even though the lsland Line was given a major upgrade prior to the arrival of the class 484's, nothing was done to increase the size of the tunnel and in June 2021 a test run with a class 484 was sent through the tunnel to ensure that they did indeed fit, the test was successful.

26. ShaneS89

ShaneS89 Active Member

Looking at the video again it looks like it’s an empty folder in the list, I’m not sure how the editor works but everything around it has what looks like a drop down menu next to it, while the 484 looks empty. It could be a teaser to gauge interest, but I’d be very surprised if Rivet missed it during editing.

27. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Good point and if that were to be a DLC for IOW menu ends up being like Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen with New Journey pack. Top Original bottom expanded. In the case of the island line top is original class 483 bottom is new DLC Class 484.

28. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Looks like it’s not releasing before Harlem Line after all, no traces of a preview stream yet.

29. WonterRail

Just seen that an update has been given to two of the routes achievements, as they have had there display name changed.

Just for reference, the red is the old display name, the green is the new display name.

Steamdb: https://steamdb.info/app/1282590/history/?changeid=U:28695259

30. CowBoyWolf

9DDE88C0-515D-4F75-811A-14EC146A5E2F.jpeg Just gonna repost if anyone sees any difference as I don’t except the name change

31. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

"Swiss dreams are made of cheese" :D
    Wow, just wow

• Like Like x 2
  32. raretrack

raretrack Well-Known Member

Who am I to disagree?

• Like Like x 6
  33. fabristunt

I travel the world and the seven seas...

• Like Like x 4
  34. StenioBlackHawnk

StenioBlackHawnk Active Member

Everybody's looking for Stilton!

• Like Like x 4
  35. WonterRail

• Like Like x 4
  36. carter

carter Active Member

The preview stream I think it’s on Friday and usually they release it a week after the stream.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Roger Federer didn't give his licence then :)

• Like Like x 1
  38. redrev1917

So a lower price for a shorter route, that seems fair and at the preorder price providing no major concerns are highlighted in a preview stream will get me opening my wallet.

• Like Like x 2
  39. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

Steam has it for pre-order. Release date is Mar. 24

40. carter

carter Active Member

I learned that after I sent that reply.

• Like Like x 1
  41. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

After weeks of uncertainty due to their absence from screenshots and preview videos, it appears the route will include working platform information displays after all! Look closely at the distant PIS board in this screenshot taken from the route‘s Steam page. There’s definitely some writing on there, it’s not blank at all:
    upload_2022-3-12_0-36-51.jpeg

42. redrev1917

Hardly weeks of uncertainty given that Jasper confirmed working PIS on the Rivet Forums

https://forums.rivet-games.com/foru...-zentralschweiz-luzern-sursee-announced/page3

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  43. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any info on the RE services we should expect? Frequency, stopping pattern etc..

44. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

45. redrev1917

Agree I really think DTG should take some learnings with how Rivet have teased and kept us all engaged with in the development of Luzern.

• Like Like x 1