East Anglia Line: London Liverpool Street

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jensonbartley22, Mar 4, 2022.

1. jensonbartley22

jensonbartley22 New Member

GA.jpg
    Hello all I am a regular fan of TSW2 and love doing the cummuter routes such as the London Victoria and St Pancres lines. The one route I love alot is the route I use for work on a daily basis. I would love to see the Greater anglia mainline added as a drivable route. You have the main station which is London Liverpool Street, which branches out to Cambridge, Standsted Airport, Southend, Chelmsford, Witham, Colchester, Ipswich and Norwich.

It would be also cool to see a british route which is powered completly by Overhead lines and Electric deisel trains. I think the new Greater Anglia trains are amazing and the use of the TFL, Commuter and intercity trains would be a really cool project for dovetail to work on, even if it is not all of it as it is hundreds of miles of tracks, I think Colchester to London Liverpool Street would be a good back bone for the services which can branch out to Southend and Braintree, to give a bit of diversity.

Does anyone else think this could be a good route?[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and in some cases there are Class 755 Electro Diesel code E trains to Liverpool st. That can make a hard difficulty scenario to which you must arrive London Liverpool Street from Colchester from diesel power due to pantograph failure Hard difficulty.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

755s don't run on the GEML in regular service, however tragically a 755/4 got put on a Norwich-Liverpool St service the other day

4. driverwoods#1787

Thank you for telling me about this did it go Electric mode from Norwich to Liverpool Street or Diesel engine if the driver got a electric mode failure

5. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

I think it was covering for a failed 745, so it probably ran on electric

6. driverwoods#1787

Thanks but when the class 755 electric mod fails the trip will need to run on Diesel making a technical difficulties scenario possible. That means to finish the journey on Diesel power

7. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

would be incredibly unlikely for a 755 to replace a 745 then fail under the wires too but could work

8. driverwoods#1787

At least that should give GEML owners the combination of East Coastway Loose Connection where the faut happens in the trip through the trip then combines RRO Technical difficulties failure.
    you must finish the trip to London Liverpool Street on diesel power because the fault was caused by a Pantograph failure midway on the trip

9. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

besides if dtg were to do a geml route I couldn't see them including both flirts, just a 745

10. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Yeah a 755 doesn't seem like a great fit for the main line, it simply doesn't do enough on the main line to warrant it

• Like Like x 1
  11. jensonbartley22

I mean certainly gives a wide variety of trains to use including the old 321's but I think most people would be eager to try the new commuter and Inter City trains

12. jensonbartley22

I'd love to see the 720 class the most as it's iman incredible piece of machinery

13. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

I have the complete opposite opinion to you, I would much prefer older stock to the new. Of all the major trains of the GEML since privatisation the one I would probably be least interested in is the Class 720, I find them to be dull and dreary to look at and a right pain in the backside to travel on.

If the route was built with the 720 and 745 only for passenger services I'd end up running it almost entirely with freight only playing the passenger services as a novelty every so often. If it set in an earlier period, however, I can guarantee it would become my most played route.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I'm an old dinosaur who wants to run 305's, 309's and Stratford silver roof 47's on the GEML!

• Like Like x 1
  15. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

If it were unable to be licensed in the modern day, then as a 1990's era route with a NSE liveried Class 315 and 321 would be fun. We already have the Class 314 so that should make building a Class 315 easier. Many DLC opportunities for loco hauled intercity services and slam door AC units too (the latter being very underrepresented in train sims).