Play Station Sale Now On

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by shhweeet#4292, Mar 16, 2022.

1. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

40% off quite a few dlc’s

Just bought Cathcart Circle for £12,49, London Underground 1938 Stock EMU for £6.89, West Cornwall Local for £14,99.

First dlc’s I’ve bought for quite a while after having fell out with TSW2 for a while so at these prices any bugs will be a little bit more palatable and at this price point makes these TSW2 dlc’s a more of a realistic purchase.

Go and take a look via the PS Store on your Play Station to see if anything takes your fancy.

I’m on PS4 btw.

• Like Like x 8
  2. adlian_cc203

adlian_cc203 Member

Thanks for the info!
    Finally got my hand on RRO

• Like Like x 1
  3. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Running to check the store now, thanks for info!

• Like Like x 1
  4. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Good morning friends, take advantage of this promotion that is super advantageous because several lines are up to 50% off and 55% off for PlaySation Plus subscribers.

[Valid until March 30]

5. voy_tech

voy_tech Member

I am about to "splash the cash" on Munich (had it on my wishlist for a while), would you guys recommend it? I saw there were some issues with layers at the beginning, was it fixed? How does it run now on PS5?

• Like Like x 4
  6. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Thanks a bunch for the heads up on this shhweeet. Picked up the 313 and West Cornwall.

Layers are now present for PS5 players, yep.

7. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

Just purchased the 313 and Munchen/Augsburg on PS5. Can anyone recommend the DB187?

not sure on Cathcart circle.

Great sale, been waiting on Munich for a while.

• Like Like x 1
  8. arek#2842

Hi guys,
    I'm in a hunt for another UK route from current sale and need and advise, basing on your personal experience or general knowledge - which route from listed below has the fewest bugs on PS4:
    • Cathcart Circle Line (Glasgow – Newton & Neilston)
    • Southeastern High Speed
    • Isle of Wight
    • London Commuter (I know it has quite a lot of bugs, but is it reasonably playable at current state?)
    • And outside of UK - Long Island Rail Road
    Will appreciate any advise, thanks in advance.

9. bart2day

I own all those routes. Isle of Wight and Cathcart circle have the fewest bugs I would say but both can get a bit boring as they just come with the one train (especially Isle of Wight which is very short). The best route is London Commuter but it also has the most bugs and is quite laggy in places on PS4.

Personally out of that list I would go for Southeastern High Speed as it has a nice mix of commuter runs and high speed and the 465 is excellent as well if you want an extra train to go with it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

West Cornwall : Just made the purchase despite no trophies. Said I wasn’t going to buy any DLC that has none.

chalk up the 313 in the previous sale also.

I hope they manage to apply them in future.
    Given up asking now.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

Agree with this, the 465 also a great little substitute, not sure if I’m sale as already own but adds as AI layer to London/Brighton also.

There was also an update to Brighton Mainline today so hoping this will improve the bugs.

• Like Like x 2
  12. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Nice. I personally like the West Cornwall route so far

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

good to hear. I’ve wanted since day one and thought at this price, am sure I’ll enjoy it :)

14. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

No trophies, but a lower price for that, ticks the box

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

Do NOT buy the DB187. It's an absolute disaster.

• Like Like x 3
  16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Looking at West Cornwall for sure but scratching my head over Cane Creek. Were the issues with loco ride height and the dodgy bogey ever fixed on CC?

• Like Like x 1
  17. countcussy

countcussy Well-Known Member

Think I may bite on the London Commuter.
    Also considering West Cornwall, and Southeastern High Speed.
    I have GWE, NTP, TV, EC and Somerset. (UK biased)
    Somerset was the only one that disappointed me.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Thanks for flagging this. Finally treating myself to HMA - mainly in preparation for TSG's Br 420.

Ride height - yes. Dodgy bogey - yes and no. I think the bearings are rotating now but the rear bogey is still the wrong way around.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up! Just dumped a wad on some DLC, shame I can’t install all of it! Roll on the DLC limit fix.

• Like Like x 1
  20. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Cheers, I’ll probably still swerve this route for now then. It’s always been one of those ‘I’m not so sure’ routes and keeps sliding to the bottom of the wishlist. I got Sherman Hill in the last sale (and typical it’s a bigger discount in this one!) so I’ve got plenty of freight to be getting on with anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  21. arabmark07

arabmark07 New Member

Looking at South East and LGV Europe one possibly west Somerset like the commuter routes would you recommend?

22. choochooagoo#3632

choochooagoo#3632 New Member

I’m pretty much with you, and identical situation... bought Sherman Hill last sale (as you say slightly more ;-)) and have had Cane Creek on my observation list since it’s release. However, now with Sherman Hill, just not sure really how much different it would end up being at this point? I’m personally tossing around Boston Sprinter and maybe Carthcart or West Cornwall... but at present undecided on any at moment... I have kinda stepped away from TS2 for a bit and haven’t utilized the last DLC’s fully even.... sales are nice though! I’ve been kinda’ in a holding pattern waiting on some of the Preservation updates to come through to see how things go as well.

That being said, Boston if not owned a decent route?

• Like Like x 1
  23. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Damn, this sale sounds interesting! Basically all of the DLCs on my watch list are heavily discounted, except the Baby Bullet. I kinda regret not getting it when it was last on sale a few weeks ago.
    On the other hand, really bad timing with the releases of Harlem Line and Luzern-Sursee coming up. This means any DLCs on sale have to be VERY cheap and VERY good. Let’s look at my options:
    • West Cornwall Local. Hearing more and more good things about this route ever since its rocky launch. Still a bit worried that it might become repetitive and boring due to the lackluster scenery and inaccurate driving experience. Also not a big fan of the inaccurate NTP layer.
    • Arosa Linie. I really like the train and city section of the route. But I just watched a video of it again today and I‘m convinced the long and steep sections would become boring and tedious quickly.
    • Rhein-Ruhr Osten. The route itself looks quite promising. But I own the included passenger train already as part of HRR and haven’t really returned to that route often. Probably not a good idea to get this one if I haven’t fully enjoyed a rather similar DLC. Still happy I got HRR though because the BR 101 is a gem.
    • DB BR 187. Wanted to get it to spice up the RT timetable, plus I really like the looks and sounds of the train. But it just seems like the train is broken right now. It doesn’t work with the new DoStos and thus breaks many inbound AI services on Dresden Hbf in DCZ. Need a bug fix before I buy, but it’s been nearly a year without an update on the train, so not getting my hopes up.
    • LGV Mediterrané. Apparently very boring with only three stations. Feels like Munich-Augsburg or Köln-Aachen, but without the regional services. Just not a route for me I guess.
    • Bonus: Class 313 and 465. Both loco DLCs are getting lots of love from the community, but I don’t think they‘d be worth it for me. I’m happy with the included train on ECW, and already have the 314, a largely similar train, on Cathcart Circle. And I only ever do the High-Speed services on Southeastern High Speed.

So it really looks like I‘ll skip the sale and go for one or two of the new routes instead. If no releases were imminent, I‘d probably seriously consider WCL, RRO or the Baby Bullet once it’s on sale again.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Lamplight

However, the same thing HRR has going for it is also one of RRO’s strengths. HRR gives you access to the excellent Br 101, RRO gives you access to the excellent G6. The timetable and scenarios for the G6 are bananas, good enough to make the RSN Br 363 timetable almost seem simplistic.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Jay1986

Jay1986 Well-Known Member

Treated myself to:
    Cane Creek
    Sherman Hill
    West Cornwall

Just fed up with the PS5 Limit issue, especially with Creators Club scenarios. I can’t even play 3/4 of them as I’m always missing some loco or route that I had to uninstall.
    We’ll be here, 12 months from now scratching our heads, wondering why it’s taking the devs so long.

• Like Like x 2
  26. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

Good call out. I have every route (even though it’s hard to enjoy every route being on ps5) but I’m going to take advantage and grab the 187 and that 1938 stock while they’re cheap.

FWIW, when it comes to the routes on sale… HMA, Sherman Hill, and SEHS are always loaded onto my ps5.
    SEHS mostly for the 465. Sherman Hill because it’s far and away my favorite freight route; I can do 30 min runs, hour + runs, switching, has 100 car consists, etc. And HMA because of all the variety added by the layers (although I think I’ve been spending more time on Dresden to get my German rail fix).

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

Almost everything I want is on sale! It's gonna be hard chasing which ones to get.
    These are the ones I'm considering
    • West Cornwall Local
    • Sherman Hill
    • Class 313
    • Class 465
    • Hamburg Lubeck
    • The G6
    • BR 363
    • BR 204
    • 1938 Tube stock
    • Cane Creek
    So what out of those which do people recommend?

• Like Like x 1
  28. bart2day

You gotta at least get the Class 465. It's the standout DLC in that list. The G6 is very good too. :)

29. The_Drunken_Engineer

The_Drunken_Engineer Well-Known Member

I've heard both those trains are very broken.

30. The_Drunken_Engineer

I need to give some love to this route. I have about 15 routes and this one is my most played. With the save function broken, I loathe longer routes because of bugs that shut down the game or me just being careless and running a red after an hour. But this route, while basic with just three stops and not really any variety or great scenery, is enjoyable. It's short and you get to go 330 kilometers per hour. The train is fun to drive and set up. However for me on PS4 Pro, there are very few passengers if any. Might be better on PC. It does give variety to the game, if little on the route, IMHO.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Welp, another sale where neither the BR 101 nor the C40-8W get a discount. A shame, the 101 seems like a must-have.

Fortunately, I've recently had my eye on Munich-Augsburg for the past month! Seems like a good opportunity to get the BR 423, and a lot more ICE gameplay. And I have the MSB and HRR layers, awesome! Might as well get it when it's 50% off, I'm too impatient to wait for a 50% off Harlem Line.

32. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, in my humble opinion these lines on sale are the best:

SEHS / C465: it's excellent, it combines a high-speed train with a more regional train, I recommend also buying the 465, they form an interesting set;

Munchen: It's excellent too, I think it's even better on PS5/PC where there are more locos, but on PS4/XBOXone it's super playable and interesting;

Cathcart Circle Line: Bought it today and looking forward to playing it when I get back from vacation, looks cool.

Rush Hour Routes: The least worst in terms of gameplay, is the Boston Sprinter, which you hardly have problems, I didn't think much, London Commuter has some complications, but it's a great DLC, Dresden leaves something to be desired with several bugs and glitches;

BR 182 DB (Rapit Transit): I love this loco and it's playable as push and pull on the dostos in RT as well as some freight services on German routes;

MSB, RSN, HRR and RRO: They are great DLC's although I prefer more HRR, both meet the requirements and are great for fun, especially if you have other German routes with more services;

LIRR / M3: It is one of the lines that I like the most, it has a good variety of routes and services, however the sound of the loco M7 is not working very well, but it is a great line, the M3 is also a good complement.

(Important note for Preserved Collection Routes: Prefer to buy an edition with more DLC's of TSW2020, like deluxe, so you buy several DLC's with a much lower price).

DLC's I don't recommend:

LGV and Arosalinie: I bought it in the last sale and I found it monotonous, but you can have fun in LGV if you like high speed trains;

Hamburg: I don't think it has much to offer, I'm terrible at driving the BR 112, maybe the BR 182 MRCE will save a little, otherwise I found it without salt;

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  33. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

I’ve heard the same but I have all other DLC, and for that price… I’ll bite.

• Like Like x 1
  34. The_Drunken_Engineer

Thank you, trainfren. You always provide knowledgeable and helpful posts on this board.

I just got the SEHS route today and I think it's very well done, although I've just gotten into it. The Javelin is fun to drive and has a cool control board. A bunch of tunnel but it is what it is irl.

TVL and all its extra content I'd recommend highly. Even for those not enthralled by freight. I just love the sound and feel of the Class 37. But the rest are good too imo.

35. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Nice sale! I completed my must haves but this also will be my last sale for a very long time I suppose. Nothing left in the store that interests me. Only freight routes left.

36. countcussy

countcussy Well-Known Member

Picked up London Commuter and SEHS last night. Only had chance to have a quick run on London. Very impressed in general.
    Have to say, had a situation where Victoria station brought my PS5 to its knees. Was fine in the tutorial, but on the first run it was a stuttering mess for a few seconds. Will keep an eye on it going forward.
    Also bought the Class 20.
    All for under £30 (Ps+) :)

• Like Like x 1
  37. arek#2842

Have a question about SEHS to anyone who already owns this DLC - is the issue with the fences have been fixed?

If not sure what I'm referring to please check this SEHS review done by @MysticZeenoz here ,starting from minute 6:

38. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I don’t believe the fences were ever fixed. But as someone who’s never traveled on the route in real life, it honestly doesn’t bother me and doesn’t negatively impact my gameplay experience.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I recommend it to you!
    If you like modern trains, and german trains, it is very nice.
    Only warning, is not to use the AFB yet, as it works really bad.
    The sound it is not exactly for this locomotive, it is the BR 185 one, but it is not a big issue for me.
    It is supposed all the issues will be fixed, as Skyhook promised.

But the rest it is ok, the locomotive is nice and different, it has its own cab and screens.
    As there are several german routes, you can use it on most of them, or all of them if you create your own scenario.

Please also notice it is the second locomotive, it can have the "Falns" heavy coal freight cars, as a train.
    The original one is the DB BR155.

TSW2 - DB BR 187 - HEAVY FREIGHT5.JPG

In your case, you will get it also with a bigger discount.
    I liked so much, I purchased from launch. At least I got a 10% discount!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  40. Loco Dave

Loco Dave Member

I picked up Diesels of GWR, SEHS+465(my local) and London rush hour. All nice but London RH on standard PS4 is fit-inducing stuttery. Around the busy bits, anyway. Need a Ps5.

• Like Like x 1
  41. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

So it turns out the Harlem Line doesn’t get a launch discount. A rather questionable decision as this makes the route look rather pale in comparison to all the heavily discounted DLCs. No matter how new or how good a route is, why should I go for it now if other DLCs are available at less than half the price? This will surely impact first week sales.

I completely understand that launch discounts aren’t always possible. Still, it’s very unfortunate timing due to the simultaneous March sale that covers many DLCs.

Since the lack of a launch discount takes away the need of a quick decision for or against the Harlem Line, I’ve started to become interested in West Cornwall Local again. It does look rather interesting with that huge discount. And we’ve got Rivet’s new route coming next week as well! Hopefully this one will get a launch discount.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  42. Agent Llama

Agent Llama Member

I’ve grabbed Cathcart and Arosalinie so far - very different experiences! Cathcart seems to be very well done - looks and sounds great. Arosalinie is different; reminds me most of West Somerset. I think I will enjoy occasional runs on it for some variety.

Tempted by West Cornwall and Long Island Railroad too whilst they’re discounted this much.

I’d like to pick up another German route as they’re my favourite but I don’t really know which to go for - I already have HRR, RSN, MSB and the Rush Hour route. Is there one that has a similar feel to HRR?

• Like Like x 1
  43. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

The Munich part of HMA feels a lot like HRR. DRA has a huge amount and variety of services, similar to HRR. RRO has one of the HRR trains on a different, more scenic route. More importantly, it adds an S-Bahn layer to SKA, essentially preventing you from having to buy the expansion pack.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. Agent Llama

Agent Llama Member

Thanks! Sounds like RRO is the one to go for during this sale.

45. Lamplight

RRO is not a bad choice; certainly not with the MSB layer active. And as said before, it gives you access to TSG’s fantastic G6. Word of warning though, the way the tracks are laid out show their age - very sudden and extreme gradient changes and curves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I went for West Cornwall Local and it’s a lovely route. I did one service in the Class 45 to start with just to look at the route and all the stopping points at the stations were way off and they weren’t coded as station stops so I needed to go beyond them (well past the platform end and stopping posts) to activate the load passengers prompt. I had no choice to just stop short at the correct stopping point. Very shoddy. I believe it was DTG and not Rivet that added these services (on a Friday afternoon no doubt).

I don’t know why little attention is given to these very simple but important aspects of a train sim. It’s why these ‘sale on’ type threads are full of “is this route worth it?” “have they fixed this yet?” “I’m not getting that because it’s still broken” kind of posts.

What they appear to call QA in the games industry isn’t really QA, it’s QC. Traditionally QA is about making sure the same mistakes aren’t made over and over and putting in systems to prevent avoidable repeat issues. I have no idea what they call that in games development or if DTG actually do it at all. I was reading another thread on the forum where there are functions in the new M7A in Harlem Line that can only be accessed with a mouse. How long has this game been available on console?

Anyway, I like the route but yet again I come across an issue on my first randomly selected service. Standard for TSW, I’m afraid. And it’s not as if this route has only just come out.

• Like Like x 5
  47. mleestrike101delta

mleestrike101delta Member

I'm asking this question about the BR 187 since it is the last pre-Harlem DLC I don't own yet. I've heard about the sound issue, the PZB/LZB problem, even though I only been using SIFA for German trains, and the AFB. Is it that bad? Or are there any positive opinions? I appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

48. Jumpinbeans

Jumpinbeans New Member

On the playstation store website/ps5/mobile app the Train Sim World game is showing up as £24.99 but if you go on the store on a ps4 then its showing up as £3.74.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  49. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

West Cornwall for £14.99? i didn't buy it at release (naturally) despite liking what I saw, so I am temped to grab it now.

• Like Like x 1
  50. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Same for me. The route definitely has its weaknesses, but I’m hearing many good things about it these days. Hard to resist ;)

• Like Like x 1