Updates 3/16/22

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Crosstie, Mar 16, 2022.

1. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I see what your saying but there's no point in holding the skybox back if it was already done.

• Like Like x 3
  2. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Glad you’re all enjoying the new skybox :)

• Like Like x 17
  3. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Is the Skybox 1:1 the same as your mod? Or did you spot any changes?

4. londonmidland

I believe it’s partially fixed the ‘hurricane eye’ bug, where there would be a clear patch in the middle of the sky, if you’d look directly up with the camera.

Other than that, it’s pretty much 1:1 with the mod.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Can anyone confirm that these update notes are accurate? I just fired up a service on SKA, and I don't see the static trains that are supposed to be there (I have the DLCs necessary) and the PIS does neither show line numbers nor correct destinations. It feels a bit like the patch notes do not correspond to the version of TSW that was actually published. DTG Natster ?

6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Did you in fact get the update?

7. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Yes, it downloaded before I started TSW.

Does that mean PIS and static assests work for you?

8. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

I don't backup TSW2 since I am on Steam and file validation would take care of any corruption issues, but, as with any other data I create or modify, I immediately backup any mods, profiles or .ini changes etc. Having lost 10,000 images in a computer and backup failure, I do in fact have multiple backups for any original data!

9. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

I really have to say, the new skybox is amazing! Thanks a lot for londonmidland for creating the mod, and DTG to implement it into the game officially. Finally, the game isn't jarringly bright or one-colored as soon as clouds appear. I previously used the gamma .ini setting to have the game a little bit easier on the eyes, but thanks to this combined effort between community and developer, the game looks much better now in my opinion.

• Like Like x 3
  10. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

Is anyone experiencing a crash on starting a saved game after this update?

11. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I just did a save, restart game and resume on Crane Creek and had no problems whatsoever.

12. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

I restarted a saved game (on Tharandter Rampe) and just got dropped into the middle of the tracks, no train!

• Like Like x 1
  13. archline

archline Active Member

Has the reserved collection update been cancelled or rolled back? I don't really see static trains and PIS on SKA, only the skybox update is in effect.

• Like Like x 1
  14. PBrogaard

PBrogaard Active Member

Same issue here, played NTP saved after Huddersfield, yesterday or the day before. After unticking the advert thingie feature when starting TSW2 today, Creators Club is unavailable (it says so on the main screen, I don't use it anyway), and the resume save button has only the route name shown, not the service.
    Spawn in on foot. A bit annoying really.
    20220318094252_1.jpg 20220318093152_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. londonmidland

Can we expect to see the first batch of pres updates to be included and released alongside Rivet's route release next week, as there's usually a pre-preparation update prior to a new route release?

I would've expected to see at least a couple of pres crew updates released by now. The clock is ticking...

• Like Like x 2
  16. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Something along those lines was mentioned in yesterday's stream. No details, though.

17. mikeypl

mikeypl New Member

The top of the list of the preservation crew at the last roadmap was Bakerloo & Koln-Aachen. So we *technically* got preservation updates but it doesn't feel like it counts.

So if things haven't moved around, we should hopefully see more updates to the routes next week with Lurzen, the next 3 in the list were: Main-Spessart Bahn, East Coast Way and Munich.

18. tallboy7648

Hopefully there will also be bug fixes to Harlem. The M7A has the same issue with the M7 on LIRR with sound cutting out. AI trains don't have working pis and don't have passenger lights turned on. Track noise is low and nonexistent and the M7A is overpowered when at full throttle from zero in game. It doesn't accelerate that fast in reality

19. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I also noticed on stream that despite Matt stopping way beyond the stop marker, he still got 500 points.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Wasn't it the "point" stop marker rather that the "accuracy area"?

21. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It was the blue stop marker. Also, others have reported being able to get 500 points despite not stopping in the exact place +/- 2 meters of the stop marker on the platform.

22. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Well here my opinion about the Bakerloo update this week: They touched this route literally the 3rd time with rush hour, the 72 stock gameplay dlc, and with this weeks update. --> Stopping point is still wrong at willesden junction and north wembley.
    TSW2_Meridian_1647558933_00.png

How hard can it be...., just sloppy and lazy, no other words anymore. Reported 1000 times.

• Like Like x 3
  23. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Would a driver go straight to full throttle in real life though? That’s not how most trains are driven. If you do that in game you will speed up faster than a real train driven by a real driver.

• Like Like x 2
  24. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I've noticed the noise cut outs it seems to if the shoe on that carriage isn't in contact with the 3rd rail so cuts out due to no power. I'm not familiar enough with US 3rd rail to know if that's accurate but I've never noticed it on UK 3rd rail in real life so sounds odd and wrong to me.

25. tallboy7648

My uncle is a driver for metro north and he does indeed go full throttle when leaving stations. Drivers don't have to do that though. He drives on the new haven line and did a stint on the hudson line.

He took me for a ride along with him once when he was working on the Hudson line. That was a nice experience :)

• Like Like x 4
  26. tallboy7648

Yes when a shoe doesn't make contact with the third rail, power does cut out which is realistic. The issue with the m7a's sound is that when the train is moving, the propulsion cuts out in parts of the train when all of the train's shoes are connected to the third rail which is the same issue in lirr. In reality that shouldn't happen. All of the cars on the m7a should have propulsion noise. Like how the electrostars do in game

• Like Like x 3
  27. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Doesn't that happen momentarily on BLM, though?