Train Sim World 2 - Harlem Line!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I can’t believe people are reporting missing sound in parts of the M7A. This has been a major complaint on LIRR and will put me off buying the route more than anything else. I just don’t understand how these things go unnoticed before release.

• Like Like x 6
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

So far I am enjoying the route haven't encountered any real issues yet. The only thing I found so far is the training for the M3A finding it very difficult to get a score of 2500, the best I can get is 2459 and that was after 3 attempts at it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

Yes, I was unable to reach 2500 either, although my score was more like 2210. How did you get so close, but also end up with an odd number?

5. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

It's disappointing Dovetail can't bother to put together proper manuals with the DLCs anymore (although they were lacking even when they made them). But since they can rely on the goodwill of players to do the developers job for them "pro bono", the company will save both time and money. I can't help but get the same feeling with mods nowadays in games generally, developers leave their work half-done and count on the community to pick up the pieces.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Are you me ?

upload_2022-3-18_18-7-48.png

Basically hit the stop marker on both stops and don't overspeed. It's impossible to get 2500pts though.....this issue has cropped up a number of times with various routes in the past, I wouldn't hold your breath on it being fixed

• Like Like x 3
  7. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

So i really like it so far. Still a little sad they didn't add AI New Haven line traffic, but i get the reasoning. It's pretty busy nonetheless. Scenery is vastly improved over previous NYC routes. You can actually see in the tunnels! New skybox is awesome.

Ran a NWP to GCT express in the M3A, and then GCT to Yankees-E153 in the M7A, and ATC/ACSES...seemed to be working as intended. Got a held at a red somewhere in the suburbs for a minute, and then longer at GCT approach with 3 outbound trains passing.

Couple questions:

Approaching/leaving GCT, the in-cab speed limit shows as R/15mph, but the HUD indicates 10mph. Anyone know which is correct?

Is there any non-stupid way to change platforms at GCT? My first run brought me to platform 41 and i didn't see any staircases....not trying to get fried by the 3rd rail!

Anyway, good job DTG- maybe LIRR gets brought up to this standard someday?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  8. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Unnoticed? To be honest right now i thought i have clicked into an old LIRR thread by mistake. I guess a copy paste Train would just take too much work to fix the actual sound problem. Even the bugs got copied to the new version.

There were hundreds of posts from people stopped playing lirr because the traction sound issues. This problem is not "unnoticed", it gets straight ignored by dtg.

Well i thougth we have a quality standard with the new features of tsw and new releases, but it seems not the case. Even Worse it looks like DTG falls back into their old structures.

• Like Like x 5
  9. orb

orb Well-Known Member

While I don't have this route, this is what's been working for me on other tutorial scenarios, where gold wasn't possible to achieve normally:

Stop in the middle of the nowhere, the best right before a signal, move back, at most to the previous signal, move forward again, and repeat until you get enough points. This way you can get the missing points for driving the additional distance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Not sure what the general consensus is on this route yet, but so far I'm loving it! Definitely my favourite route since BML. It's got pretty much everything I could want in an urban commuter route.

The scenery is what I'm most impressed by. The foliage in the more rural parts of the route somehow seem more vibrant than usual. And oh boy when you get into the city itself...

I actually get excited when I begin to see the skyscrapers of Manhattan in the distance. The stretch between Harlem 125th and the tunnel leading into Grand Central might just be my favourite stretch of track in the entire game.

One thing I do have to ask though (coming from someone unfamiliar with the trains irl)- does the M3A sound like a Bakerloo line train in real life as well? I swear they reused at least some of the sounds, I know for a fact they reused the power/ brake controller sounds. I also really need to learn how to adjust to the ATC or ACSES, whichever one demands you slow down to certain speeds and applies the emergency brakes if you take too long. Sometimes it demands I apply the brakes even if I'm below the limit it's set. I wish DTG would just offer guides for every safety system in the game.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I am torn whether to buy it.

On the one hand, the route looks great and the sound from the trains is very nice. But then there are reports of issues with sound not present across the whole train (like LIRR), reports of trains being routed incorrectly and getting stuck, unable to achieve a gold medal in training.

These issues might not be important to most players, but for me, they are really unforgivable and are repeats of past mistakes - mistakes that can easily be avoided, but aren’t, time and time again.

DTG says it’s learning from its mistakes, but I see very little evidence of this and words just aren’t enough. And, it takes forever, if at all for issues to be fixed.

I think I might actually be done. Despite my enthusiasm for trains and my initial love of TSW, they’re making it really hard to remain a loyal customer.

• Like Like x 9
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I was very impressed by what I saw in the live stream. I didn’t bother with the M3 for LIRR as it’s my least favourite route but looking forward to driving the version in this route at some point in the future, probably the first time it becomes discounted in a PS sale. The scenery looks great.

13. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

How bout just include a manual or proper tutorial instead of relying on "dtg ambassadors" to make them?

• Like Like x 10
  14. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, yesterday's stream was a distinct improvement over last week. The sound was better, I could hear track noise I hadn't noticed in the previous stream as well as traction motors. Still on the quiet side though. The scenery looked better, too, though some landmarks and iconic structures were still missing. Where is Yankee Stadium? It should be visible from across 161st, but I didn't see it. No point in modeling the station, really. Especially when there are no gameday New Haven or Hudson trains to populate it.
    There were quite a few more passengers in the major stations, though the trains themselves were not at rush hour capacity. And there may have been more vehicles on surrounding streets, though not at New York levels.
    All in all, the route looks better. Might get it in a sale.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  15. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Let's face it DTG doesn't seem to have a quality standard. It does baffle me how a major issue on the LIRR M7 is found in the M7A. Will they just dump the route the the preservation crew now? Their testing team does not do a good job to be honest. QA basically approved it because it "works". DTG have no standard for American passenger routes it seems with the countless issues facing them

• Like Like x 4
  16. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I don't get why dtg are unable to do those things to be honest.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Hudson services are included.

18. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Because seemingly, while a large number of us will have valid complaints, they will rely on the few who praise everything and choose to constantly be oblivious to their obvious shortcomings.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Felix Costa

Felix Costa Member

For the first question I think the 10mph limit was imposed by acses but as soon as it shows 10mph on the ADU it shows "--" marking the end of ACSES coverage. You have to follow 10mph restriction.

20. Michael Newbury

Same as me followed instructions properly stop in the correct spot and never sped once and same score.

21. NateDogg7a

Right, but even with perfect stops and no overspeed, the max I can score is 2210. So, I was wondering what I am missing to get 2459. Also, what were you missing to get so close? With an odd number like that, it seems like you must have dropped points somewhere. I am on Series S, so maybe that is the problem, although it really shouldn't be different between platforms. Not that all this matters that much, just really curious about it.

22. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It does matter though. How can you achieve a gold medal if you literally can’t score what is needed without fannying about going backwards and forwards between signals for a while.

• Like Like x 1
  23. argyle_smurf

argyle_smurf Well-Known Member

That's weird, it worked fine for me. Just had to sit far enough behind the stopping service out of White Plains

• Like Like x 1
  24. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Today I will reinstall the game. Before that, I will try to delete the configuration folder in MyDocuments. I've already had such adventures with this game in the past. I have noticed, no one else is complaining about it so I believe this is an isolated (my) case.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2022
  25. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Just bought a £50 PSN Wallet Top Up for £42.97 on ShopTo. Do I buy Harlem? I am very tempted.

26. NateDogg7a

Well yes, it does matter in some sense. I just meant that to me, for this tutorial, it's not too important if you can actually get the gold or not. However, it does provide evidence of poor QA, and it really should work properly, no excuses. At least you can finish it, there is a service on NEC-BP that doesn't even let you drive the train. Automatic bronze every time.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Michael Newbury

I think the problem may be in the stretch they choose for the training. The distance between stations is not enough to collect those much needed 30 points for driving to the speed limit.

I give another try and see if I can get a better score but I think 2459 maybe the best achievable score.

• Like Like x 1
  28. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Also the sound hasn't been a issue I can hear sounds when viewing from the rear of the train. Now what I did experience was when am Departing a station while in camera free roam when I go back into the driver's seat the sound does go away but you have to put it in coast then push the throttle back up to get the sounds back. It's a minor glitch.

• Like Like x 1
  29. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

I am also as well, i don't know why that is, i did everything correctly but it gave me a silver medal, i am guessing you as well.

• Like Like x 1
  30. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I think you mean junction noise, but the noise doesn't sound close to realistic, the track noise, you can barely hear it, if only we as the player can increase these noise, and hear it, it will make the game much more fun and realistic.

31. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Only Yankee Stadium Unfortunately, Also where is the stadium? because i don't see it in-game

• Like Like x 3
  32. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Same reason as none on Xbox

• Like Like x 1
  33. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

I have noticed lots of bugs (primarily coming from the old LIRR route) that have made their way over to this DLC, just as other have stated above.

I am unsure if the people "testing" the DLC before release are blind or just have terrible hearing. (excuse me for that, just I am really crossed right now) But how in the world are all of these issues just brushed over and over. It's just funny and annoying how every time it's the same relative amount of effort put into these DLCs. I (was) truly excited for this route. It's the perfect route to correct the wrongs of the LIRR and improve lots. They did that (to a certain extent).

The LIRR M7 suffered from propulsion sounds cutting out. It's UNACCEPTABLE for this to persist in the M7A in this DLC.
    Atleast they got it to work (for the first 2 cars that are closest to the player's camera). But it seems to cut out just like the LIRR M7.
    This route was announced about 3 months ago (in production more months possibly), more than enough time to find a resolution to fix these cutting out sounds. But it seems like it was just brushed over again.

Like many have said above, I just don't understand why developers only put in half the work nowadays and leave the community of dedicated fans to take over and finish the products with mods. Maybe the powerful $$$, hmm... I refer to that as this route has great sounds, I credit DTG for that. But it does not hide the amount of bugs and issues that are present. Some even persist from 2 years go. Broken promises is what I see.

The propulsion sounds and train sounds in general, while improved, are just ignored by DTG and they have made no such step to fix or atleast try to make it right. But DTG can put real ads into the game for money?

In the end, this route is far better and more desirable to play than LIRR, but still it lacks many things and suffers from some of the very same issues that plagued LIRR (technically speaking). I credit DTG for the amount of activity the route has and it's fairly busy at times when it should be. Some landmarks are missing for some reason. The MetLife building could have been modeled without the logo, that should not have any legal issues. Yankees Stadium, where is it? The tutorial is a laugh, how can they not notice you cannot get the golden medal (without doing anything but what the tutorial is telling you to do). How did QA and beta testers not notice that.

This just boggles me, but in the end this route is much more improved than LIRR and lots more enjoyable to play on. I enjoy it even for it's various, some obvious and some subtle bugs. The safety systems work like a charm from my experience thus far, another great thing about the route. I also love the scenario camera intro rolls/moves as you begin. I can recommend this route if you really want it. But I'd hold off for a sale to buy this route. It's great but not necessarily worth $30 in my opinion (until it get's more bug fixes).

• Like Like x 6
  34. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

You should write a ticket to them and let them know, about this, that's what I also have been doing as well.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I did it again but this time using the in-cab key and buttons to open the doors (rather than using the Tab menu) and scored 2460pts. I'm thinking that 1pt was lost due to not turning the key at one of the stops. I honestly think that is the maximum achieveable playing it legit

upload_2022-3-19_9-40-47.png

You probably can get it to 2500 using that workaround posted earlier

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. NateDogg7a

Ah I see. Thanks for replying.

37. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

Something that I haven't seen discussed that much is the experience driving at night. Unfortunately it seems like they have thrown out the great night lighting system used in Dresden Riesa and Tharandter Rampe in favor of the old system, which to be honest is basically reskinned daytime. Here are some screenshots I've taken which depict the March preset at 10 PM at night. Yes there is night pollution in the city, but it should still not look as bright as it does in the screenshots.

20220318195502_1.jpg
    20220318195627_1.jpg
    20220318195913_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. SubwayRailfanner

• Like Like x 4
  39. Michael Newbury

Yup first run ended up with a Silver medal.

40. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Did you let Matt know? Someone should start a request of the M8 In game Loco DLC, its too bad the poll is gone.

41. SubwayRailfanner

Not yet but maybe we should start a poll. He did ask us If we wanted it on stream to make our voices heard so I believe the chances are pretty high.

42. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Unfortunately the poll count system is gone?

43. SubwayRailfanner

Oh like dovetail removed it?

44. Michael Newbury

It was removed for the time being as it was being abused, hopefully it will come back at some point.

45. SubwayRailfanner

Didn't even realize hopefully they bring it back

46. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Why would DTG develop a DLC train that only runs for about two stops?

47. SubwayRailfanner

They won't but they can make the New Haven part of the route then it can just be a layer for more traffic for the Harlem Line. Just saying they could done a little bit of it with the Harlem Line since it's kinda short.

48. leewood83

leewood83 Member

I can't see it either. Fairly certain it is supposed to be there ran around in free cam and could hear cheering and clapping after a couple of minutes but no baseball ground from what I can see at least.

49. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

Always go with the lower number.

Train Sim World 2020-NEC-Keystone Cab car
    You ran it from Penn Station to Newark Airport stopping at Newark Penn.

It's not there. If you look at the baseball bat smoke stack next to the station, you'll see a park with fields. That's where the old statium was. The current one is just behind it across the street. It's suppose to be clear as day. It's not there. Also missing is the Met Life building in the distance down Park Ave as well as the Empire State. Yet the have the Fordham Plaza building just above the Fordham station and got it 90% right!

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The lack of Yankee Stadium is a bit jarring - especially when Wembley was included on Bakerloo Line and that’s much further away.

• Like Like x 3