Train Sim World 2 - Luzern - Sursee Coming March 24th

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Mar 18, 2022.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 11
  2. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the preview this evening! Really looking forward to drive the 523 on a new kind of Swiss route with ETCS!

• Like Like x 3
  3. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Will there be a launch discount for Sony users and why isn't there one for Harlem line?

• Like Like x 4
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Text says "coming 17th March"... Steam says "coming 24th March"

• Like Like x 3
  5. lovetrains 3628

lovetrains 3628 Active Member

its the 24th the 17th was yesterday

6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Looks full of custom assets (buildings). 'The good scenery' title is possible to claim this time, perhaps.

• Like Like x 3
  7. tibomatthijs

Sony doesn't give DTG lot of sale slots so they can't do always release discounts, there are atm lot of other discounts on PS4 though.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2022
  8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

But have Rivet done this route justice, or fudged it one way or another like all their past TSW2 releases?

• Like Like x 3
  9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Find out at preview I guess

• Like Like x 1
  10. marcsharp2

There are some players though (myself included) who sit on a fence regarding a dlc and a launch sale can help sway that decision. This was one for me and I probably won't purchase this one until its on reduced sale.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Screenshots look pretty good, especially Lucerne station. Hope there are a few passengers to make the trains worthwhile. ;)

12. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

They do get quite a lot - there’s often a launch discount as well

13. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Yes, absolutely. These 10% launch discounts create a bit of psychological pressure. If you don’t buy the route within the next few days, you’re going to have to wait months for the next sale. Without the launch discount, this pressure has disappeared. I’m probably going to buy Luzern-Sursee regardless (unless they somehow manage to disappoint us tonight, but I’m very optimistic) since it doesn’t cost as much as the other routes, but I’ll pass on Harlem for now.

• Like Like x 2
  14. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

The route was originally supposed to release before Harlem Line according to a comment made by Adam on the roadmap stream 3.5 weeks ago, so maybe they just forgot to update the draft of the article when they switched the release dates some time ago.

15. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

So this Swiss route is coming next week!
    It looks interesting mainly to the Flirt train, it's features and design.
    It's a pity will be so short in length.
    I will see the streaming and the launch price, to have a final decision about purchase it or not.

Meanwhile I found this nice picture of the real train... with the right "destination"!

SBB FLIRT RABe 523.jpg

Have a nice week-end!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I can’t watch the stream tonight. Driving the 18 between Liverpool One and Croxteth all night. Will tune in tomorrow though.

17. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Nothing new remember Xbox don’t get discounts either

• Like Like x 1
  18. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Stream looks good so far. Scenery is great, ECTS is interesting, no notable bugs, good sounds.

• Like Like x 4
  19. xenoxoliver

xenoxoliver Member

Yeah yeah, it looks good, thats for sure.
    But for the sounds... Those are horrible.

Just listen to this:

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. breblimator

breblimator Guest

They are of good quality and half-prototypical what is a decent compromise :) Scenery is super good.

21. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

Pumped for this. I may have missed this info elsewhere, but have you shared how much storage space this will take up for PS5 owners?
    I’d love to figure out which route/s I’ll need to delete so I can play them a bit more before I swap them out for this.

22. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Stream convinced me, so i bought it right now.

1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  23. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Let me see the first European route to have positive train control system ETCS Level 1. If if the bugs persists and it will be treated another Rivet Games route

24. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

How many people here preorder it already, or day 1 purchase after watching the stream? I actually just went for it because the train is good, and the scenry

25. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

26. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

How does the PIS In station look? does it look like this

27. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Interesting video of the company behind FLIRT

• Like Like x 1
  28. meridian#2659

Yes indeed, the class 745 & 755 is made by stadler, also the mersey cl.777.

The former vossloh work in valenzia is producing the euro duals, and made the class 68 & class 88.

Flirts run even in russia, algeria and the usa (caltrain).

29. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Liiiiieeee, in Russia impossible buy nothing right now) Screenshot_20220319-124639.jpg

P. S. Harlem Line too

30. apophis55

apophis55 Active Member

I somehow don't think that is DTG's fault

• Like Like x 12
  31. marcsharp2

Take that up with your president

• Like Like x 15
  32. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Watching the stream, here is my feedback (for what it might be worth)…
    1. The route looks very nice and rather detailed. I’m not familiar with the route in real life, so can’t say how accurately it is represented in game.
    2. The train also looks really nice and detailed and it sounds rather pleasant.
    3. The cab is far far too dark. Gloomy and depressing due to overly tinted windows. A bright, sunny day looks dismal and bleak. This would have to be fixed before I consider buying.
    4. The FPS counter dived into the yellow on several occasions. I appreciate this was a dev build, but that worries me. I hate it when things get choppy and it could well put me off buying.
    5. It’s a real pity the route that’s been chosen is so short.
    Given this feedback, depending on whether or not the cab lighting is fixed and also depending on real life FPS reports from early buyers, this could be a buy from me (when discounted on sale).

On a side note, Jasper said Rivet Games is not a British company, but a Scottish company. Rivet Games is a British company based in Scotland.

• Like Like x 5
  33. tibomatthijs

Well yes there are sales for PS4, in general. TSW2 doesn't get a lot due DTG try to do discounts asap so they are no slots enough for release discount

34. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Pretty much agree with everything Mat_Jam_Ca said. I do live nearby and know parts of the route well.

From the brief look in the preview it looks good. The stations along the route are very well modelled and the general buildings give a good representation of the area.

Luzern itself is a little bland. The physical buildings are pretty nice. But the main concourse is empty. No kiosk or food stalls and the main PIS and big screens at the end of the platforms aren’t modelled. I would love it to be that empty of people in real life.

It won’t spoil my enjoyment it’s clearly Luzern.

Generally though it’s looking like a nice route. I didn’t find the sound too bad and the bugs we did see won’t upset me that much. (Though I do hope fixes will arrive quicker than for Arosa)

• Like Like x 3
  35. tibomatthijs

the destination board on the train is correct yah! U can also change it to accurate other destinations!

36. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

Removed By DTG Natster - Off Topic

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2022
  37. apophis55

apophis55 Active Member

38. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  39. meridian#2659

• Like Like x 3
  40. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

On topic: Seems like a nice route. Looking forward to see some other stuff than German, English and American trains :D

• Like Like x 3
  41. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

There is no reason to be talking politics in this thread. Take it elsewhere.

• Like Like x 5
  42. apophis55

apophis55 Active Member

DTG Natster this current situation doesn't allow you to just simply say 'take your politics elsewhere'. This conflict isn't about politics. It is about the very core of humanity. By censoring any critics you are a culprit to it

• Like Like x 5
  43. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

On a thread where the topic is a an upcoming add-on, yes it should be taken elsewhere.

I have no intention of censoring the topic. But it does not belong in this thread.
    If the discussion is to be had then create a dedicated location for it in off topic.

I will be very clear, make sure there are no derogatory remarks made, or the thread will not remain open.

• Like Like x 10
  44. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Creating a Sunflower train is a very political statement. Also, my post was about sympathy with the post from the guy who said he was no longer able to buy DLC because all payment systems are blocked. So what is the difference?

• Like Like x 5
  45. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It could be enough in my opinion trying not to blame every Russian for this mess. This is more about the form of being informative.

Make trains not wars \o/

BR

• Like Like x 2
  46. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Can we maybe calm down and keep the discussion about a swiss route DLC? Talk politics somewhere else, really. Yeah a sunflower train may be a symbol of peace. But why should this justify making every single thread in this forum about politics?

So, to keep it on topic: I think Rivets route building in a great improvement in comparison to arosa line. The tinting window of the flirt is a real problem tho, as it makes it nearly impossible to appreciate the route itself. The driving physics seem to be fine as well as sound. So nice to have the first swiss non-schmalspur as well as the very first Stadler train, the first time ETCS and the hopefully the first good rivet route.

• Like Like x 3
  47. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I like the risk. I feel, I am alive. My very first ever pre-order of Rivet's work today will become the fact :D The scenery looks customish realistic good!

• Like Like x 3
  48. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I saw the streaming and I agree with you.

As to point 3, I have noticed that, on some other TSW2 trains too.
    Point 5 it was a really main issue for this route, before seeing it..

Another thing I have noticed, it is all vehicles are just cars. No trucks, no buses or other kind of them..

But things get worst for me after seeing the streaming, referred to the other main issue: how entertaining will be?:

- At the beginning they run an Scenario.
    The Rivet games person was asked why he chose that one?
    The reply was something like... "....
    Because it is more entertaining due to you have to couple 2 trains, and ask permission to the dispatcher to advance to the other train.
    The rest of them are just going from point A to B and stopping.. "

So all you will do with that route, is just going from Lucern to Sursee and vice versa, stopping on all stations or made the full route.

Then there not will be any other interesting thing.
    Just repeating always the same routine!
    Only time and weather will be the difference!.

Yes... of course this also happens on other routes. But...
    They are longer, you have more than one train, the Scenarios are different, you have passenger and freight trains in most cases.

Even I noticed during the 3 runs they did, they only crossed just 2 other trains on each one!
    So very few AI traffic. Then no busy operation to make it more entertaining.

Furthermore about ETCS, it looks great how its works, but during the stream, it was never applied!

This was because I noticed something strange not seen on other routes: before arriving at each station you always have a red light!.
    But when you are slowing down to stop, it always changed the light to green.
    So the system does not reduces the train speed, due to the driver it has to do it, in order to stop at the station platform..

Then there were no other driving situation, they show the system have to stop the train itself, due to a definitive red light.

So for me to just drive always from Lucern to Suresee or viceversa, on 100 hundred (or 1 thousand times), stopping on all stations - even several of them, very close each other-, with always the same train, for a so short route, and just crossing 2 trains, it is really very boring!

Then it is not even challenging.

As I like Swiss trains very much, I will have to wait for another route, longer and with more trains.

So from my point of view, it is not worth to buy it!.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  49. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I will pre-order this route. I was not moved to order Harlem for a number of reasons, but I want something new and fresh, so, after watching Rivet's own promos, I feel it's worth a shot. The length of the route is irrelevant to me, it's all about scenery, gameplay and the loco itself, all of which seem positive.

• Like Like x 4
  50. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

This is something I’ve been thinking about over the last few days. There doesn’t appear to be much service variety. I really think they should’ve gone for a longer route. But I also recognize the difficulties building a completely new train, implementing ECTS and adding working passenger displays inside/outside the train as well as in the stations. In addition to that, the attention to detail, textures and scenery all seem to be absolute top notch quality, which is something I really appreciate. If it doesn’t receive a launch discount, I might wait a few weeks until it’s on sale and instead go for West Cornwall Local and Rhein-Ruhr Osten, which are both heavily discounted on PlayStation right now.