Fishing Sim World What Is Fishing Sim World

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Articles' started by DTG_Stephen, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Leave your thoughts on the What is Fishing Sim World article from the Dovetail Live Hub. If you haven't read it you can check it out here.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dont-BeA-Victim

Dont-BeA-Victim Member

Omg, I sense this is going to be a big improvement on Euro fishing.

Love the sound of different countries and species,

I'm hoping there's more customisation in this game too.

Main question though, DLC.... is it going to be all included in a season pass or are people going to get ripped off, as the Euro Fishing was a disaster in this respect.

• Like Like x 1
  3. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

Just a heads up guys. Your website & Youtube links are broke, there is nothing there. Also the Mixer site links to Dovetail Eurofishing & not Fishing Sim World? Super excited about this project though. Thank you for continuing to put the best, most enjoyable sims available out there. Your work to expand to console & to integrate releasing of dlc, updates & content is awesome!

4. UCG

UCG New Member

I would of thought that considering the amount of passionate anglers and gamers that play you titles a community based mod/addon system for the tackle shop could make it immense. A lake editor for community lakes would be out standing I think we'd all agree (releases your staff to develop other games money is made from sheer game sales ) and it wouldn't belong before those anglers that had already marker floated the depths of lakes and the contours were adding to the community. First option is obviously easier to implement.

5. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

You will have more customisation options available to you in Fishing Sim World.

We don’t have anything to announce about DLC – right now it’s all about Fishing Sim World!

Thank you for pointing that out to us. All links should now work, let us know if you spot anything else that isn't right.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Modding support is something that we are interested in bringing to Fishing Sim World. Any news about this will be posted on Dovetail Live.

• Like Like x 3
  7. smacko82

smacko82 New Member

Will this have split-screen co-op or the ability to fish with friends in the same living room on the same console?

8. SirRealGhost

SirRealGhost New Member

This is a Brand new game it has nothing to do with Euro fishing

9. SirRealGhost

SirRealGhost New Member

I hope I really do its something like the fishing sim that was called pro fishing challenge that was on the first xb.... From what I read so far it sounds like it I just wished it had 8 player on xbox and not 4

• Like Like x 1
  10. SirRealGhost

SirRealGhost New Member

Besides Largemouth, smallmouth, Pike, Carp what other fish will be in there? Please say Catfish, Stripers, Musky, Walleye, and bluegill

• Like Like x 1
  11. smacko82

smacko82 New Member

Walleye would be sweet. I'd assume they'll have all the same fish from the first game.

12. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

I can't believe Flight Sim World was canned just so that DTG could use the same acronym for this! ;) Let's just hope this FSW doesn't suffer the same fate.......

• Like Like x 1
  13. HybridAlien

HybridAlien Member

Just another dlc ploy type game

• Like Like x 1
  14. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

The other species that will be included from the beginning are:
    - Catfish
    - Black Crappie
    - White Crappie
    - Yellow Perch
    - Chain Pickerel
    - European Perch
    - Bream
    - Tench
    - Roach
    - Rudd

15. SirRealGhost

SirRealGhost New Member

When can we see the first gameplay trailer?

16. SirRealGhost

SirRealGhost New Member

Would like to help out any way I can with the game.. If any way possible

17. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

We will be bringing you game play soon.

18. jorma04

jorma04 Member

Can you put all of The fish species on one Post anyway gonna buy this hopehully The dlc IS not as Bad good luck!

19. Limey21

Limey21 New Member

I have a couple of questions, is the catfish in the game the European Wels? And will there be a Beta either EA or invite.

Thanks.

20. Chimera_254

Chimera_254 New Member

First things first i have been a dovetail games fan for a long time i have played everthing from train sim to fishing and i am really excited on the announcement of Fishing sim world but really having to a problem getting over the fact that the last going to be amazing taking it to the next level game that was announced was drop after a short period,

i hope this dont go the same way come on dovetail we still love the simulators you release just hope this one is around a little longer

21. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Here you go jorma:
    • Smallmouth Bass
    • Largemouth Bass
    • Black Crappie
    • White Crappie
    • Chain Pickerel
    • Northern Pike
    • European Perch
    • Yellow Perch
    • Wels Catfish
    • Ghost Carp
    • Koi Carp
    • Leather Carp
    • Mirror Carp
    • Common Carp
    • Tench
    • Bream
    • Roach
    • Rudd
    The Catfish in game will be the European Wels Catfish.

Any news on beta access will be posted on our social media pages and our website so keep an eye out.

22. JollyRoger

JollyRoger New Member

I really hope Trout fishing will be added at some point ;)

23. Stuey14

Stuey14 New Member

I am new to dovetail games and have only just bought euro fishing its ok but could be loads better.
    Then fishing sim world gets announced claiming to be the best fishing sim ever , but with only 18 species of fish ?
    Ive read that the UKs rivers are going to be included in the game.
    I live in the UK and its rivers have alot more to offer than just pike and carp.
    You need to include barbel - probably the best fighting fish in the rivers other than pike. Theres also chub , grayling and all the trout family and the salmon family.
    To be honest you may aswell just go nuts with it and truly make the best fishing game ever that people will not bored of playing.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

This game only works if it is a true simulation and not a button bashing arcade game, especially as lure fishing lends itself to that style of arcade game and we've seen plenty in the past. Basically the fish need to be hard to catch or the bigger ones certainly and you need to use skill with the right tactics, bait, setups and conditions to be successful. I would hate to see it become like Euro Fishing is now where it literally is a whack it into the lake and you will catch anything that swims in it from 1lb roach to 100lb catfish with the same setup. I can only really talk from European fishing aspects but it would be good to see some rivers with species like Chub and Barbel and move a bit away from the man made huge lakes. Also I am hoping the balance is better between species as well, again Euro Fishing was so carp orientated that even the carp anglers got fed up in the end. If the game is aimed at anglers like the holy Fishsim 2 was, it might have a chance. We might even get that lake in Thailand with some monsters we've all been hoping for now the shackles of "Euro" have been broken.....

25. Stuey14

Stuey14 New Member

26. Stuey14

Stuey14 New Member

Yeah that lake in thailand would be wicked .... gilhams fisheries its called.

And yeah i agree with you on the tactics aspect. I cant play a game where you can catch a roach on a KD rig with a 18mm pop up on, its just not correct

• Like Like x 1
  27. jorma04

jorma04 Member

I 10000% agree

28. Stuey14

Stuey14 New Member

Cheers pal

29. Unforgiven270

Unforgiven270 New Member

Blue, channel, flathead, sturgeon, gar even Mekong giant catfish which us the largest in the world...these plus what others have mentioned above would be nice

30. chey

chey New Member

With only 18 species in the game at launch, the Fight mechanic and fish AI must be prefect, animation of the fish during the fight must be realistic too not like Euro Fishing.
    before i buy, i really need to see a gameplay video, screenhots are good, but for a fishing game we need to see fight system and fish animation and AI ingame
    When a gameplay of the game will be available? almost only 1 month left and we get only few screenshots.
    So we know there is spining on FSW, but there is feeder too and float?

• Like Like x 1
  31. jorma04

jorma04 Member

I think there is feeder and float and yes i wloud like a gameplay trailer soon!

32. chey

chey New Member

i hope, i like feeder more than spining ^^ but Euro fishing is an arcade game, i need a simulation game

33. jorma04

jorma04 Member

I dont know for 100% sure why wloud There Be carp and other species cought on feeders?

34. chey

chey New Member

they can be caught with float, that's why i'm not sure if feeder will be in the game, need an Developer answer

• Like Like x 1
  35. chey

chey New Member

just saw the update with new screenshot etc...
    you are doing the same error than in Euro fishing, you need to work on a more realistic skins for the fish, they look like plastic, plz add realistic skins.

36. ImmortalSoul83

ImmortalSoul83 Active Member

I've been working on fish models for many years. To make a good skin takes some time. Like for example. For the bass. it's kinda hard but then again it's not. It depends on how you build from the reference you get it from. What these fish need a is a wet surface type texture. A spectacular map that shows a better reflection when a light source hits it. Here's a picture I found. You can see the reflection of the fish from just being pulled from the water. It's just needs a more natural darker color really. It's too bright.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  37. MonTuxia

MonTuxia New Member

I'm close to pre-ordering, but need more in-game shots as there is some hints on how the fish behave when on the surface (it looks to be much better, but need an actual fish getting landed, in Euro Fishing they pop out like plastic cutouts). As for the species, like Euro fishing I hope they add more, but at a faster rate. I guess this all depends too on how well the game sales...

The fish models in Euro Fishing do look good though imho, so I am hoping over the coming weeks they will look in this version.

38. ImmortalSoul83

You guys should watch this video.. There's some fish I seen looks exactly like the one in the screenshot.. As stated though. The color of the bass needs to be darker then you have a perfect skin for the fish.

• Like Like x 2
  39. chey

chey New Member

yup we are all waiting a gameplay video that show how fish look like when we are fighting them on the surface, hope it will not be like in EF, where you just can see tha tail out of the water, movingvery strange and not realistic, it should be like in russian fishing 4, this is the most realistic fighting system

40. ImmortalSoul83

Russian fishing 4 just best free game on steam. It's a game the some developers needs to check out to understand the mechanics of fighting a fish.

41. ImmortalSoul83

New video uploaded on youtube. Has a bit of gameplay footage. The game looks beautiful from what I see too..

42. chey

chey New Member

yup saw it yesterday

43. ImmortalSoul83

Can we see a game play of how he fish fights? It's is an arcade style retrieval? Or actually sim game. Would love to see how a fish behave once hooked.. Do we get to see fish actually jumping out of the water trying to shake the hook? Show us something.. I really love to see this game to be as it's says. When I bought Euro Fishing. I got bored of it within a few days. It seem to be too fake of gameplay to me. Which hoping this game isn't going to be the same. Please give us feeback on this. Less then a month until release and not much is shown yet.

44. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

So besides the name how will this differ from Euro Fishing?

What locations will be included with the base game?

Is it worth buying if you already have Euro Fishing?

Will Euro Fishing be discontinued and no longer supported?

45. Eriksen23

Eriksen23 Member

This is Eruo Fishing 2.0, you can change the name but that's just to make more cash....

To include 3 lakes that you have already charged for in Euro Fishing with th season pass is just a double dip (Waldsee, Manor Farm & Bergsee)

• Like Like x 1
  46. chey

chey New Member

- the biggest difference with EF is spining, casting and boat/sonar, this will make a big difference.
    - 7 maps (3 from EF).
    - yes, if you like EF, you will like FSW for sure.

Yes Eriksen23, this is EF 2.0, but what is the problem if they improve graphics, AI, and fight system.

47. sombo66

sombo66 New Member

I live in canada and dont fully understand carp fishing but would have rather seen a bunch of different species then 3 or 4 carp species by all means add them later but for launch variety is key and to boast best fishing sim ever is a bold statement dont get me wrong I will pre order just hope it's not more money lost

48. Eriksen23

Eriksen23 Member

The problem is they have had years to fix these problems in Euro Fishing but was only interested in $$$ pumping out paid for DLC, which in it self created yet more more bugs, what makes you think this will be different??

I would be all for a new game if the last one at least had it problems resolved, improve AI fight system you say? Euro is worse now than it was day 1 even with the land walking fish so shouldn't that be improved first?

You mean things that ppl have been asking to be added to Euro??, and DTG said they would pass on to the Dev team? lol

They literally dont care, I messaged them on xbox about broken achievements, weeks past with no reply... I leave them a bad review I get a message within a few days asking if I would consider changing it. poor customer service

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  49. ImmortalSoul83

I'm just going to give it a try.. I tried EF I liked it from start but when I caught a fish I was horrified by how the fish looked.. Not only that I haded how the cast system was.. It never casted the way you think it was cause the buttons seem to have a delay. I been play different fishing games. But to be honest I see free fishing games to be the better experience then a paid game like example. Fishing Planet and Russian fishing 4. The new game.. Ultimate fishing simulator.. Game steady getting worked on but the game started out horrible. Blurry then you have fish like the bass.. It look like a bass that was formed from a rock but I still play it cause it has a good feel from casting and waiting for a fish to fighting a fish. It could be better with fighting but we will soon see how this one plays. Yes I'm pre ordering my for xbox on 1st of September. But think guys.. it could be worst.. Rapala pro fishing series.. Fish on that game looked like plastic bath toys..

50. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Couldn't they just have added the new features as updates to Euro fishing?

Not sure that I am interested enough to want to pay out again for another fishing game.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.