Euro Fishing Suggestions

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by Dont-BeA-Victim, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Dont-BeA-Victim

Dont-BeA-Victim Member

Absolutely love this game, it's the best fishing game I've played.

I wouldn't mine having a notification when I catch one of the boss fish(caught 3 now and was totally unaware I had caught any)

Would like to be able to sit down

Wouldn't mind a catapult to loose feed my swim

Would like the use of feeders and ground bait

More in lake features (like big bundle of Lilly pads or a few overhanging trees)

An underwater camera would be ace

And I'd like to see a story mode in the future(maybe start out on your local lake, enter a few comps etc etc and become known as one of the greatest)

But awesome work guys, love it

• Like Like x 3
  2. DTG Darren N

DTG Darren N Active Member

Hi! Thank you very much for the suggestions, all of which have been noted!

How would you envisage the underwater camera working?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dont-BeA-Victim

Dont-BeA-Victim Member

Not fully sure as I'm not a game developer but obviously you could have one after you have cast out so you could see if your baits presented properly, see what fish are around etc

Or maybe have the option like you do the first person view, toggle it to have a quick look under the water in a set radius to see what's happening under the water

4. Master110

Master110 Active Member

You can't have a underwater cam in a sim fishing game.

5. Samhag

Samhag New Member

Ask Korda Dovetail :)

6. Samhag

Samhag New Member

bottom right hand side of the screen would be a little live feed :)

7. Samhag

Samhag New Member

This chap no what his talking about his pro :)))

8. Dont-BeA-Victim

Dont-BeA-Victim Member

Whys that

9. BazNoVa

BazNoVa New Member

Yeah I fully agree with the main poster. Having a few more ways to get bait out would be good. Catapult etc. And the ability to sit down on the chair and even get in the bivvy. Maybe add a moral gauge. The wetter you are the lower your moral, the easier it is to lose a fish.

Also, some surface fishing would be pretty cool to add while I'm thinking about it.

As for the underwater camera. Maybe have it on a bait boat.

Right, nearly done (for now.lol) I think a character building mechanic would be pretty good too. Having hair, beard, size and clothing choice would make it feel more personal.

Lovin the game though guys. Great work.

• Like Like x 2
  10. BazNoVa

BazNoVa New Member

Oh yeah, and a crouch action would be pretty sweet. Give the feel of stalking a more realistic element.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dont-BeA-Victim

Dont-BeA-Victim Member

I'm liking this

12. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Because its somthing arcade fishing games have. When you go fishing you don't stick your head under water and look for carp.

I'm not getting into this with you. Your English is very poor/

13. Dont-BeA-Victim

Dont-BeA-Victim Member

14. Samhag

Samhag New Member

Dont waste your time on this joker. like i said his the pro :)

15. CrazyGamerGizmo

CrazyGamerGizmo New Member

All the other ideas would be awesome. Dovetail games no underwater cam, please. Or less we have an option to do that.

• Like Like x 1
  16. nuter41

nuter41 Member

Still would love a difficulty setting so you have to wait longer between runs and bites as it's supposed to be a sim.IE the harder the setting the more Xp and TP you earn.

Makes sense to me

• Like Like x 2
  17. nuter41

nuter41 Member

Oh and to sit down and actually watch those alarms light up,you don't hardly see em when your standing all the time

18. Dont-BeA-Victim

Dont-BeA-Victim Member

Ok scrap the underwater cam then, still would like the rest of the things I pointed out, and would like pva bags instead of the spod, and as someone said a difficulty setting would be good

• Like Like x 1
  19. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Agreed

20. BazNoVa

BazNoVa New Member

Failing a underwater cam, a sonar type depth/fish finder could work on a bait boat. Stops us seeing under water but gives us an idea of bottom feeding locations. Tbh, I'm not that fussed if there's an underwater feature. Just chucking my two pence in.lol.

Oh yeah, I reckon that we should be able to put different bait in the spod and also, switch tackle boxes by interacting with the tackle box and bait tub on the bank. I mean their already there anyway.

21. BazNoVa

BazNoVa New Member

Regarding the underwater cameras. You do get them. Although I'll admit their not a regular piece of kit.

Attached Files:

22. Dont-BeA-Victim

Dont-BeA-Victim Member

If you go the signs around the lakes you can fast travel and edit your tackle box

• Like Like x 1
  23. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Yeah that's what I mean. What I don't want is the game to become like this game forward the video to 5mins to save time.

• Like Like x 1
  24. BazNoVa

BazNoVa New Member

25. BazNoVa

BazNoVa New Member

Yeah I've noticed that, but figure it makes sense to utilize the stuff around the peg instead of them being just for aesthetics. Like the chair for sitting on, the bait tub for filling the spod and the tackle box to change the load out etc.

Also, anyone noticed there's no swing arms or bobbins on the rod rests? Annnnnd, a bail arm animation would be pretty cool.

26. Dont-BeA-Victim

Dont-BeA-Victim Member

Yea true and yea I noticed, if you hold the rod at a certain angle you can see the lines not even connected to the reel lol

• Like Like x 1
  27. DTG Darren N

DTG Darren N Active Member

Thanks for the suggestions and debate guys.

The reason for asking how you would envisage the underwater camera is for the reasons above - it feels like it is quite a divisive feature, If it was ever implemented, in whatever form it took, it feels like it should be something that is optional?

• Like Like x 1
  28. Dont-BeA-Victim

Dont-BeA-Victim Member

That's what I meant, would be good to have an option to toggle it on/off at certain times

29. BazNoVa

BazNoVa New Member

No problem, we discuss out of passion for the game. :)

Well if the underwater camera was a feature that can be added to a bit of kit, for example a cam on a bait boat. It's optional by design. Like you don't have to buy that certain bit of kit to get further in the game. It's just something extra should the player want to get it. Same with the different options for fishing methods. Like ledgering, float, spinners (for pike and perch if you add them), feeders and surface rigs...so on. That way you guys cater to the way people fish in the real world. Some, like me, prefer to switch up styles throughout the year. Whereas some are very focused on catching one species of fish like carp for example. So adding different items that in themselves have different game mechanics, keeps variety and doesn't limit people. As you said, certain things can be polarizing in games.

30. BazNoVa

BazNoVa New Member

To be fair to the guys it can't be too easy to animate line that's dynamic. It's doable as I've seen it done before. But I bet it's a nightmare to develop.

I meant more have the bail arm go on and off when setting up to cast out.

Another thing that would be good, as I think it should be in all games really, is the option to set the buttons up your self. For the most part I like the control system but I think that it'd make more sense to have the bail arm control on the right trigger.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Dont-BeA-Victim

Dont-BeA-Victim Member

Good idea that, well let's hope some of these ideas are incorporated, I don't actually think dovetail realise how big this game could be, people have waited years for this type of game.

The basics are all there, they just need to tweak it and it could be massive

• Like Like x 1
  32. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Instead of making a new topic. I will post here as its the same thing.

Why can't you do 1st person in online play.

Why is there 8 players on the invite page but only 4 slot for fisherman?

Add more player and 1st person in online.

Can you add change controls option? I'm left handed I don't hold the rod in the right hand like that.

• Like Like x 2
  33. BazNoVa

BazNoVa New Member

Thanks. And absolutely this game could be huge. Especially if they cater to the various styles of fresh water fishing. Most fishing games are bass spinning American style fishing. Which to me is alien. I grew up float and carp fishing, so to me this is exactly the type of game Ive wanted.

By the looks of it the devs are listening. All we need to do is make the noise. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  34. BazNoVa

BazNoVa New Member

Not sure on the player amount part. But I'm guessing that first person won't work online as when you go in to that view you're essentially just a floating rod. Look at the shadow when in fp to see what I mean. There's probably a way to do it still. But that's what I reckons why.

35. Dont-BeA-Victim

Dont-BeA-Victim Member

Same my whole life has been fresh water fishing, been waiting years for this, never been a fan of the whole bass fishing lark, ready to bring the noise haha

• Like Like x 1
  36. BazNoVa

BazNoVa New Member

You know mate.lol. I've also done a bit of beach casting too, but I've yet to see that be tackled (oi oi, terrible pun incoming).

• Like Like x 1
  37. Nathan Clarke

Nathan Clarke New Member

I absolutely agree that there should be a more realistic option. Even with it set to 24 hours I very often get double and triple takes. I never get chance to use the Spod as I'm always catching fish. So having a more realistic option with bigger rewards is something I'd love to see. Obviously not too realistic so I could play all night without a fish :)

By far the best fishing game I've played but could do with some tweaks. It would be nice to sit on the chair and use a catapult. I belive this game as huge potential.

38. Errol1967

Errol1967 New Member

I like the ideas and suggestions for this game...however...I would like to see fixes for this game, cause its broken.

• Like Like x 1