Luzern - Sursee Completely Dark

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dreampage, Mar 19, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

This "headlights don't light up anything IRL either" argument comes from british trains and only applies to them. Other than the british, pretty much every country has proper headlights for their trains.

Even this 40 year old junk that still runs in my country has headlights that actually illuminate the tracks. I remember getting off them at night and seeing the driver switching from dimmed to bright headlights as leaving the station.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

Stadler FLIRT train headlights do light up the track.

Even in this short clip the scenery is more visible than in-game... :o

• Like Like x 7
  3. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Post this on Rivet Forum page and tag Jasper. See what he said and can do. Hopefully they can fix it before released

4. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Could our community manager have a word with Matt about our disquiet, before this gets released?
    If we wait for a patch, past experience would suggest a very long wait :(

• Like Like x 2
  5. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

I don't have an Rivet account yet. Even more there is a post there about the incorrect Flirt sounds that had absolutely no answer for about 2 weeks. I don't think anyone there cares about issues to be honest.

Regarding the window tint while there is some tint in real life to reduce excesive sun light, it does not match in any way to the degree of darkness that is presented in game.

Night and day different I would say

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  6. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I may be wrong but I think a lot of the lag was from the stream, not the game - the FPS counter was solidly in the green.

• Like Like x 3
  7. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Is this an SBB Flirt? Coming back to the UK argument, do the UK Flirts have the same headlights? Will the US Stadler KISS have the same headlights as the swiss ones?

Not saying you are wrong, as I don't know better. Just a caution that the Flirt is used all over the world, and there could be differences, even relatively significant ones.

I'd say we can only take into account things that are related to the RABe523, maybe other SBB FLIRT types, but not "FLIRT" in general

Those don't seem particularly strong headlights to me

I think the only thing we can say for sure is that the cab is way too dark

But then again it's an old video and it seems like an older unit (analogue speedo), so was it tinted later?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Trademark issues, as with the ICE3 and G6.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dinosbacsi

Does that only applies to sharing, or no Livery Designer compatibility at all?

• Like Like x 1
  10. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Sharing

11. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

It does look better in this video. I am looking forward to learning ECTS and driving this route without a HUD.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I definitely recall consistent drops to 27ishFPS. As I said I’ll wait until the next stream to confirm the performance.

13. Dinosbacsi

It also looks better in this most recent video - but do correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  14. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The tint looks almost completely removed which is great.

• Like Like x 5
  15. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Lets just hope this will all get fix before this week released, cause i also cave in and got it as well.

• Like Like x 2
  16. dreampage

I just watched this video and I'm honestly puzzled by it. It looks excellent, there's ample light in the cab and the scenery appears correct. Yet it has absolutely nothing in common with what we saw in the live stream. I do hope this is the correct build and the route will not ship with that awfully dark, colourless windshield effect. I'll keep a close eye on this Thursday's stream.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Dinosbacsi

I suppose they changed it after the preview stream?

18. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Hopefully, they will change it back. Do the team ever comment back before on this forum?

19. Dinosbacsi

Why would you wanted it changed back? It was way too dark on the preview stream.

20. dreampage

I assume these tutorial videos were assembled in advance, which would mean that the streamed version was actually closer to release. I hope I'm wrong but it's awful compared to what's in Rivet's video.

• Like Like x 2
  21. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. If you rewatch the very first video of the FLIRT (below) you do see the tinted window.

And this video was about safety systems, which maybe even got some last minute changes after the first stream and this version has been used for the safety system tutorial. Hopefully the vehicle artist at Rivet managed to get the window tint fix into that built.

22. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

These tutorial videos are better than in game

• Like Like x 1
  23. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I will be massively impressed if Rivet have made the change to the cab windows for day 1 release.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Well, I am not 100 percent sure, but SBB also has RABe521, which looks and is similar to the RABe523 we get in game- with a few minor changes. Here is a video of an RABe521, but also in this video you see that the window tint is way less:

Apart from that, I really look forward to tomorrow 24:00; it looks amazing and you will get heard very fast in the rivetgames forum. It takes about two minutes to create an account, so if you really want to change something before it gets released, try the rivetgames forum ;D

• Like Like x 2
  25. Swisstrains

Jasper just stated that the dispatch beyond feature and the AI trains showing the destination boards won’t be fixed until the release (which is frankly understandable), but they are talking to DTG. I do think that they will fix a few issues shortly after release!
    In my opinion Rivet has learned of their mistakes and the route, train and communication in forums improved a lot!

• Like Like x 5
  26. kurtosizm

kurtosizm Well-Known Member

Hard to believe they'll fix things after the release. If windows are too tinted on Thursday, probably it will stay like that forever. Maybe a mod will save it (on PC only).

• Like Like x 2
  27. Jasper_Rivet

Jasper_Rivet Well-Known Member

Agreed and fixed in the lastest build. This specific one won't be the release or Day 1 patch though, so that'll change later.

No, it wasn't the first time we noticed this. ^^ You can actually see that from the videos we put out on YouTube, specifically this one here (that was recorded before the preview stream):

I'm here and actively watching, no worries. ^^ And even though it's not exceptionally demanding, it's not the only thing I'm doing. :)

In general, thanks for all the really good feedback here, much appreciated!

• Like Like x 21
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the confirmation. I have to say the way Rivet has approached this release with the updates, Dev blogs and taking on feedback and talking to the community is a breath of fresh air and IMHO should be blueprint for all releases for all developers of TSW content. I hope this is a resounding success for rivet and from the preview streams it seems a massive leap forward in terms of quality compared to previous releases.

I'm really excited to get to play this Thursday

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  29. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

Thanks Jasper_Rivet for the answers provided.
    I look forward to Thursday when I will be riding on your new road.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I have to say, this could now be my second Rivet route. Probably not a day one purchase, but one for the collection eventually.

31. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Is there any way to incorporate more realistic train track joint noise when going over the track and junction at a later build Jasper? Thanks and i have already preorder it. :D:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  32. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

That is very concerning. "Fixes shortly after release" have not happened so far, and I doubt this one will be different. Everything that is not fixed for release will stay for months and years, everything else is just wishful thinking unfortunately :(

• Like Like x 3
  33. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah that’s immediately put me off buying it.

“shortly after release” in the past has proven to be months, years or never. Not a chance I’m falling for that one again.

• Like Like x 5
  34. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Will the "day one" patch release this year? The track record on other DLCs is terrible in this regard.

• Like Like x 2
  35. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

1938 stock sounds, West Cornwall/Class 150 - multiple issues.
    Perhaps Rivet should be up a fixes roadmap!

• Like Like x 2
  36. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Out of interest: did rivet ever confirm that there will be a patch for these?

• Like Like x 1
  37. dreampage

So just to be clear, you say the windshield darkening will be there at release, and will only be fixed later?

• Like Like x 1
  38. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I believe the window tint in the release version is already much less severe than in the preview stream, as seen in some of the videos Rivet has published over the past few days. But they’re further reducing it with a patch after release.

• Like Like x 3
  39. Swisstrains

I’m not that sure, but in the Rivetagmes forum it sounded more like this lighter version won’t come out with the releasec, but has definitely been worked on. But he also said, that the build on the stream looked way darker than it is anyway so…

• Like Like x 1
  40. Dinosbacsi

This is a bit confusing, lol. So will the release have normal windshield, or it releases this dark and will get fixed later on?

Anyway the route looks good so far, I think I will get it when the windshield gets corrected. Before that I couldn't get myself to get it, as I know it would really annoy me. But looking forward to the route anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  41. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

From this post in a separate thread, I take it that the release version will look like the instructional video above, which looks fine to me. In a post rekease patch, the tinting will get even lighter.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  42. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

No and that's the problem. I believe Jasper posted a few weeks back they were looking into the 38 stock sounds but that's the last heard about it. As regards West Cornwall, no I don't think there has been anything from them at all but that doesn't mean to say they shouldn't. Until they fix WCL, I am one of those minded not to buy anything else that Rivet create, although in the case of this Swiss route not hard.

• Like Like x 2
  43. Dinosbacsi

Honestly, a sound patch for teh '38 stock would be so good. I would love to get it, as it looks lovely, but not until it sounds like that.

• Like Like x 1
  44. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Thanks for listening and passing that on Jasper.
    Appreciated.

45. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Rivet’s reproduction of locomotives is first class. Cannot argue or deny that, but their scenery content has been grossly poor in the past and especially with WCL. I will wait awhile to view reviews until I invest in this one.

Does anyone know of a real cab view of this route to compare it with?

If Rivet’s portrayal of previous routes had been better, I would have been one of the first to pre-order, but will wait a couple of months when it will be 40% off to purchase just for the RABe 523!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
  46. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yes, their 3d models are the best IMO, but the physics and sounds have ranged from decent to awful

• Like Like x 7
  47. Swisstrains

There are a few on Youtube, the best one is this one:

Start at 02:40:00.

I think the biggest thing to notice that you can’t see the mountains kn the far distance (well at least I haven’t seen them). At first I thought that would be a bummer, but then I realized that this will upgrade the route a lot since mountains are very difficult in this game- and when it’s cloudy you can’t see them anyways, so…

• Like Like x 3
  48. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much Swisstains, brilliant I really appreciate that.

It’s always good to compare an actual video to the TSW route for realism. DTGs last few efforts have been really fantastic.

• Like Like x 2
  49. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

The statements about " post release fixes " have thrown up a red flag for me. When I hear that phrase, I start thinking months into the future or maybe never. I had intended to buy this route on release, but now I will wait until I read some reviews from other forum members . This may now end up being a future sale purchase just like Harlem.:(:(

• Like Like x 4
  50. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Crosstie. Buy Harlem you won’t be sorry and it’s issues will be sorted by DTG. Cannot say the same about Rivet with their routes.

I would love it if Rivet where more proactive and would be the first to congratulate them, but we know that DTG will work hard to correct errors and bugs.