PC Train Sim World Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TrainSim-Jay, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Guerra

Guerra Member

hi guys, is there a developer diary thread that we can track the upcoming content?
    I really like to see upcoming new contents, patches.
    As you some call that "hype train".. Since this is a train sim, hype train must be on the scene!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Thanks to Matt and Luke for todays dev stream. I'd especially like to thank Matt for the very detailed response to a question I asked about different scenery popping in or out of the picture while other scenery is great. While my understanding was limited by my little brain I found it quite interesting and also a very good eye opener on how the team are coming to grips with the Unreal Engine in all its glory.

As a result of that one detailed answer Im feeling much more confident about the road forward and the teams awareness of the issues that over time will probably need to be addressed. It was also interesting to see the stream moderator suggesting that the question and the response would be better on the forum so at some stage I'll put together a post on some of it. I kind of got the feeling that Matt really wanted to talk but was being hamstrung which again was an interesting takeaway (but that's my feeling so may be unreliable).

So I'd just like to share my appreciation for that detailed response again gentlemen. Within the confines of non disclosure etc I feel that the sharing of this kind of information is a good sign of a cultural shift. Long may it continue ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Minimum

Minimum New Member

Thanks for opening up this topic.

List of things for DTG

1. HDR effect should be an option to turn off
    2. I think the night time is too dark (maybe its just me)
    3. Horn sound needs the echoing bounce to reflect the distance and surrounding (if you know what i mean)
    4. Free Roam should be a full free roam throughout the map and not limited to only within Cumberland Yard. Let us free from this place. Because i can play this for zillion hours with free roam mode.
    5. Scenario mode should have the weather and time options for user preference
    6. External view when look at the loco cab should be darken/tinted. At the moment, you can see crystal clear of the interior cab from external view.
    7. EOTD should be mandatory. You know how important EOTD to an engineer.
    8. IFD should be more detail than having 2 identical displays. I would like to see the ATP Automatic Train Protection on it (instead of
    having it display on HUD)
    9. IFD to show the speed indicator to tell you if your train is increasing its speed or decreasing as you roll. You can find this indicator
    located at the top right corner of the digital speed analog display. Usually green fonts is increasing, and yellow decreasing. ( i hope you
    know what i mean).
    10. IFD Distance indicator

See screenshot regarding IFD in red box

Wishlist
    1. Mission/Map editor
    2. Able to create paintkits for the trains
    3. Sound editor
    3. More Train traffic on the main line (i like the challenge dealing with braking on-time before the red lights)
    4. Other Train company likst BNSF, NS (not sure if this is possible with licencing between DTG and them)
    5. More scenarios
    6. Train line expansion
    7. Heat effect on the exhaust

Apart from all above, TSW CSX is the most detail Train Sim i played. And the graphics are marvelous. Can't get enough of it.
    Im sure DTG has its own plan and working on something as we speak. Take it as it is guys, and we can't have every thing at once as they gradually improves it.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  4. danparm302

danparm302 New Member

The sim could really use a teleportation function when on foot. Hate it when CSX NEC service ends on the mainline away from a yard.

Also, more freight services for NEC.

5. SD40Australia-Daniel

SD40Australia-Daniel Member

The cabs in CSX Heavy Haul are way too bright with no cab light. Turn the cab light on and it gets brighter. [It didn't bother me much as I am very happy with much of TSW but some users are mentioning the brightness issue. Maybe a setting in the menu so it can be adjusted? If the brightness level outside is too bright then we can adjust it down, as the human eye does automatically adjust-possibly can do a brightness level setup so users who don't like the brightness level can switch it down or up? Maybe an additional setting so you can have 'human eye' which adjusts the brightness level you prefer automatically.]

There are no shadows under rail vehicles in CSX but there are in GWE?

Sound is too quiet especially in GWE. Can you turn the volume up? Then users can turn it down if too loud. But it is difficult adjusting the volume above 100%.

Physics and train weights and braking (Class 166 braking at notch 3 seems UNREAL!) Would like to see the weight of my train as this is supplied information for freight train drivers/engineers. Sandpatch grade a 50 car autorack (not sure if it is empty!) can go up hill at notch 3!!! With 3 locomotives this is possible but not with 50 cars. More like 10-20 cars, possibly 12-17?

And as you are working on the diesel engine simugraph simulation update I don't need to mention this apart from how excited we are to see that it is being done! Thanks DoveTailGames and Matt!!! And those who are doing it.

Apart from that there isn't a lot to put in here. But good to see a lot of people bringing issues up. A lot of work!!!

Daniel

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  6. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

I believe that disabling r.EyeAdaptationQuality is the workaround for this. See this thread for more details. There's also a tip on how to increase the volume level.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SD40Australia-Daniel

SD40Australia-Daniel Member

Thanks Sam, great post!

Going to check it out now.

SD40Australia-Daniel

8. racer050b

racer050b New Member

I don't need this gray mouse cursor while riding. It is really annoying to always have a grey point in the middle of the monitor.
    Please add an option to hide the cursor in the cab.
    I dont't want to disable the whole HUD with F1, only the cursor should be hidden.
    I know the trick with right-click, but then I have to move the cursor manually out of sight. And when I want to turn the camera, I have to repeat the procedure.
    What about an option to automatically hide the cursor maybe after 5 seconds until the user moves the mouse again?

• Like Like x 4
  9. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

From the RT manual but probably in other manuals as well:

• Like Like x 4
  10. racer050b

racer050b New Member

Thank you very much SamYeager270 !

EDIT: I would appreciate to have the station names in the 2D map. Are there any plans to enhance the 2D map in future?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  11. tnleeuw

tnleeuw Active Member

It would be really great if DTG could now release some extra loco / scenario DLCs for their TSW routes. Both the Great Western Express and the Ruhr - Sieg Network need some more different types of traction!

RSN needs something like a V60 or V100 shunter, or a BR294 diesel shunter / freight engine.

Scenario packs would be great too, for more variety and to keep interest for longer.

And it would be really great if there could be a tool for users to create and publish their own services / scenarios: not a world-editing tool, but a tool purely for creation of services and scenarios, with facilities to upload them to Steam Workshop.

--Tim

• Like Like x 2
  12. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I can almost be certain that once a route has been released, we are stuck with the (few) scenarios that come with it. I don’t think we have seen any additional scenarios been added to DLC since release. We’ll probably be given the usual excuse from DTG of not having enough resources or time.

As for the editor, hopefully this will enable us to create our own scenarios and routes.

13. tnleeuw

tnleeuw Active Member

They released an extra engine for the Sandpatch Grade...

14. philipmadden87

philipmadden87 New Member

How difficult would it be to put the class 47 from WSR on to the Paddington - Reading route? I love the 47 but 25 mph becomes a bit dull. Would be great flying across to Reading with a rake of MK1's in tow on a charter. Even the 09 could be used at Old Oak or something? Anyway just an idea

• Like Like x 2
  15. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Think again. Additional freight sessions (some involving switching) are available at low cost for the NEC. And they're very good.

16. A Brailsford

A Brailsford New Member

Braking Performance in Ruhr Sieg Nord (The only one I have done any 'testing' on). The braking performance for Freight Trains (Especially) is way too fierce see https://www.globalrailwayreview.com/article/2618/braking-performance-determination/. Also the German PZB braking curves suggest the following Mode O (Passenger) 165 kmh to 85 kmh in 23 secs = 0.97 meters per second per second (97% Braked weight percentage).
    Mode M (Fitted Freight) 125 kmh to 70 kmh in 29 secs = 0.53 meters per second per second (53% braked weight Percentage).
    Mode U (Heavy Freight) 105 kmh to 55 kmh in 38 secs = 0.37 meters per second per second (37% braked weight Percentage).

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  17. Tyrennis

Tyrennis New Member

I love the TSW Heavy Haul sim and it's interactive abilities. This I have not seen in any other train sim in my decade of playing them. That is what got me hook on TSW Heavy Haul. But there are a few issues that need to be addressed. The lack of proper headlights being the main thing. At night time and with Lights Aux Bright you can only see a few feet in front of the train. My car headlights put out more illumination and as a train engineer you should be able to see way down the tracks. I am hoping that you will have a Multi-Player option in the near future? Auran has it on their games and it would be great (I think) to have that option here as well. One last thing: How about a Downloadable Manual complete with MAPS of the yards? That would be awesome as well. Especially when you keep getting lost doing shunting work and could use it pinned to my wall or on my 2nd monitor. Awesome work. I am keeping an eye out for upgrades! Feel free to see my videos on youtube (Antuan734).

• Like Like x 1
  18. racer050b

racer050b New Member

There are many locos that don't have "headlights" in real life. Some of the modern locos have high beam lights, that is right.
    But the older ones only have "position lights". They are only for the purpose that the train can be seen.
    In real life you have to know every kilometer/ mile of the track.

• Like Like x 1
  19. like.tobi

like.tobi New Member

First of all, I have to say that I really like TSW. But this one thing is annoying me: When I am driving at night the rails are so dark even though I have turned on my headlights. When I turn on the cab light, the outside gets brighter and I can see the rails. I don't want to turn on the cab light at night and without it, the outside is way too dark, even though it's fairly bright when I take a look at the outside cameras. Please fix that, that'd be great :)

20. metr0p0litain

metr0p0litain Active Member

I'm a train driver in real life and I'm sorry to say, but this is exactly what you see at night: It's dark.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

Night mode is the smallest part of this game which (at least) looks REALISTIC. Train physics and onboard mechanics are still arcade.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

I found the sounds a billion percent more convincing in ts2019 (now) than tsw... but the graphics and overall experience better the other way around.

No idea what they’ve done to the sounds or left undone but I’d sure like them to clean that up and make the sounds at least par with ts2019.

• Like Like x 1
  23. londonmidland

One reason why the sounds in TSW feel so incomplete is because quiet simply they just ‘aren’t there’. Also, it’s no surprise that individual sounds aren’t recorded separately. DTG muffles the exterior sounds for interior sounds and vice versa, for example.

Like in TS, these sound issues should be resolved by the help of the community and third party devs.

24. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Some deferent liveries for UK locos would be nice like BR blue for class 47 and 09, and Intercity swallow for HST and NSE for class 166.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

Yeah I suppose with this still being relatively new it's going to take some time for content to catch up with the interest. I'll focus on increasing my skills in hopes that things that have been lacking since I got into it are remedied with at least the same consistency as new add ons are introduced.

26. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Its my understanding the physics for the class 66 and hst have been rectified. Any chance of an update from dtg as to when they will be released? As this is a feedback thread Ill take this opportunity to feedback that something beyond vague announcements about dlc would be good, and while its nice that the fixes for the 66 and hst are done, the fact that they havent been released yet means that the information is of little use. Best rgds etc etc

27. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

Just found out we can't actually build a custom consist and take it anywhere on the main lines. Gotta be honest that's kind of a big deal in terms of the whole train experience... Isn't it?

• Like Like x 2
  28. thealexxc

thealexxc New Member

[QUOTE = "metr0p0litain, post: 52339, member: 5622"] Je suis un conducteur de train dans la vraie vie et je suis désolé de le dire, mais c'est exactement ce que vous voyez la nuit: il fait noir. [/ oui il a raison:) la nuit on voi très peu

29. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

No.

30. Gascan

Gascan Active Member

The two other people in this forum think differently.

• Like Like x 1
  31. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

on the new LIRR i just drove a service to new york penn.....when arriving into penn, there are no train tracks? from the exit of the tunnel there is no junction or tracks at station?

also when changing trains there it did not ask me to give up a service or show me the service of the trains cab i changed into?

shame as so far this is the best DLC

32. Amtrak America

Amtrak America Member

Audio bug with the ACS-64s bell not having Doppler effects. Bugs also with the flange squeal when going around curves on the amfleets. To get them to give of sound, you have to stop on a curve, back up, and then accelerate.

33. Nick_Brad

Nick_Brad Member

Where can i find these additional sessions as i don't see them on the workshop....are they only available direct from DTG?

34. Anthony Pecoraro

There aren’t any additional ones yet. There will be once the editor comes out.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

In 2020 :D

36. Anthony Pecoraro

2019. ;)

37. Koplopermau

Koplopermau Member

Couple of things about the new editor:

1. Why hover over a piece of track / marker to see the name? In TS19 you can just see it right away because the name is displayed under it. Add that to TSW.

2. Big fan of scenario creation in the 2D map. But having a 3D model representing what the trains do would be good for the newbies under us and can also give a visual representation (no, not that graph like view) of what is happening. Would be nice to have that back and to have drag and drop back as well.

3. Copy paste is great. In The Netherlands trains drive every 30 minutes most of the times, making timetables is a breeze if you can copy it and set the time to +30 minutes. Making these orders all made sense to me, but creating this entire folder structure you need for it to work not so much. I just want to dump trains and start creating. I think DTG should work that out more for the people that are not that good in programming or folder structures. You want people to figure things out on their own too, right? :P Can you edit live or do you still need to edit and press play? It would be nice to recalculate live. Also, I haven't seen everything from the editor yet, but would it be possible to tell a train to go from A to B in a certain timespan? That way you could simulate real timetables very easy. Example: Intercity service drives from London to Reading in 20 minutes. You load passengers in London, select the next passenger stop to be Reading, it needs to drive that in 20 minutes, you press calculate, and voila, it calculates the speed the train has to drive and it will do just that so trains can arrive exactly on time and according to their schedule. No more playing around with the percentage offset until you find the percentage that is closest and then round it up to whatever time you need.

4. And still my biggest recommendation and request: Multiplayer Tools!! If communities are able to build things together, or friends are able, or companies or DTG or whatever are able to do things together, it could give TSW the kick in the butt it needs to become popular real fast. Also, content creation would go a lot faster because someone can lay tracks while others are already busy with platforms, while another lays roads and one more builds some housing. Unreal Editor does support it (see video below) and it you get this working, we can go all out into content creation for TSW.

5. More in depth route creation streams. Stream the creation of the next piece of DLC for TSW completely. How 3D models are made. How sounds are mapped. How everything is done. Let the community watch what you do. Let them give live feedback. Twitch would be a great media to do this. Personally I'm interested in route creation the most and I'd love to see more streams about that.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Nick_Brad

Nick_Brad Member

I think the first 3 suggestions are great, I'd sacrifice #4 for multiplayer gameplay personally, you can have multiple people working on one route, creating assets etc, whilst one places, then hands the file over for the next person to add content etc. Whilst eventually it could be nice to have multiple people working on the same route at the same time, I think it's a low priority at this point.

#5...... More in depth route creation streams I agree with, having an entire route created live would be a bit much though and I doubt many people would have the stamina to watch it all. Some asset creation and sound mapping etc, yes, as standalone streams with a catalogue of links here on the forum would be great, miles upon miles of route creation though with all the assets that need creating to include variety....it's not for me and I'd rather time be spent more productively elsewhere.

39. Nick_Brad

Nick_Brad Member

One thing I would enjoy is a bug fixing stream, even if some bugs are shown and discussed, so we can get a better grasp of the complexities of fixing those bugs, whilst simpler ones like incorrect collision boxes and passengers spawning in the floor or on the roof are shown being fixed.

• Like Like x 3
  40. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I got the TSW bundle over xmas for £20 with the Steam winter sale. First impressions I should of done a reaction video but its really good, experimented with max ultra settings and its been fine. An SSD will make it a tad better to play but overall 62 FPS once leaving Paddington and 30FPS with rain. Just amazing, I sat back and waited to see what the content coming would be as wasnt into US Freight, but with TSW it makes the barren lands of the US deserts more interesting and the landscape is amazing i cant wait for more routes. The LIRR once on another sale I'll take a look at getting.

But its best to get a game after a few months or years have passed to allow for improvements. This will get better its just missing an editor to tinker with sounds, rolling stock etc. Camera views are still iffy but thats an UE4 problem as Fernbus suffers this too but this feels 100 times more immersive thanks to UE4.

Bugs to note some drivers aren't sat down in AI trains, standing star shaped :lol:
    Drag Line scenario somehow caused a bluescreen but I know my GPU is a turd even though its capable the hardware vendor isnt very good should of had an MSI card or EVGA!

In the new year its a must just to play these games!

41. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

The editor is on its way, Matt Peddlesden showed it off a few weeks ago. :)

It won't be possible to make significant changes to released content though, as almost everything is 'cooked' it will be hard to make changes. Some changes (such as swapping out sounds or textures) are possible, but making significant changes to how a locomotive behaves is probably impossible.

42. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Sorry all but what is the control for the torch when navigating at night on the rails. Cheers

43. Anthony Pecoraro

L

• Like Like x 1
  44. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Thank you, found it in one of the manuals!

45. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Id like to leave some small feedback.

Firstly it looks amazing, LIRR, GWE and Rhur look great, NEC and CSX you can see they were starting out in UE4 as CSX is looking like TS2019 or earlier.

The second thing is UE4s camera jumping, it's something Epic need to get a finger out and fix with, those fixes should of been done ages ago I dont know what their plans are but its obviously a brand new game engine which has a lot of kinks currently.

Some destination displays have been mentioned but really needed. Thanks to londonmidland for his announcements mod, simply brilliant.

I cant fault it really, it does CTD sometimes probably a memory leak somewhere but for 62 FPS mostly it's crazy good. The physics engine Simugraph sounds tempermental but it does work just depends on the driver - if your stopping distance is under a mile why zoom to 60 when you can afford 20 minutes post arrival time to arrive and you're only late after 5 minutes.

The scoring system is great it doesn't put you down as ive said before, it's nice not to be focused on rushing and more enjoying an early morning drive.

Can also trainspot at Ealing Broadway, catch the HSTs going past at high speed or at Langley or Iver.

Brilliant, simply brilliant

• Like Like x 2
  46. fametis

fametis Member

Hello, I really think that the game has nice graphics nearby, but it becomes very poor with textures that melt off. is it due to the limitation of your graphics engine? The effect is worse than a game of the 80s as shown in this shot. Can you improve this in the future?
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  47. londonmidland

It’s nothing really to do with the engine itself, it’s just poor placements of assets. Trees in this case.

It really is embarrassing with everything you can do you the Unreal Engine, the developers fail to place an adequate amount of trees in the distance, effectively making it look worse than a 90’s game.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  48. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I think the community will push TSW further, because you can do more.

I went back to play Lyon to Marseille in TS2019 and Ive been spoilt by the amount of immersion in TSW. Some peoples immersion levels differ from others but for me. I cant go back to TS2019. Will obviously complete any new editions I got but thats it

• Like Like x 4
  49. matiask99

matiask99 New Member

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  50. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Not a bug. That is how they are designed. In the tutorials it does say 'lights are important for letting others around you know you are there'