Is There A Way To Improve Lod In Tsw2?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cash, Mar 31, 2022.

1. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Hello there, I play on Epic Games and have the highest possible graphic settings in Train Sim World 2. Something that, for some reason, bothers me quite a lot in TSW2 is the LOD (level of distance) and how it’s quite short. I don’t know much about this at all, so I do apologise if this is completely wrong or anything. When driving, I do see how things quite close to you ‘pop’ in while you’re quite close to it, like trees or bushes.

Is there any settings you can mess around with outside the game that could increase the LOD in TSW2? Even if it’s a lower FPS, I’d find driving in TSW2 more enjoyable with higher LOD. Thanks :)

2. PBrogaard

PBrogaard Active Member

Have a search around the Forums, I can’t link atm, but several people have suggestions to editing the so called engine.ini file. Which is What you are after. So have a look around :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Yes, you can push above the highest ingame settings with the GameUserSettings.ini. I push up sg.ViewDistanceQuality= from 4 to 5 which allows more buildings to be seen further away. Most notible for me is when crossing the bridge outside London Victoria and looking at the distant buildings. However, this does seem to revert back to default if change any ingame settings so I then set the file to read only after making changes and alter it again if I have to.

Mine as an example:

[ScalabilityGroups]
    sg.ShadingQuality=3
    sg.ViewDistanceQuality=5
    sg.AntiAliasingQuality=4
    sg.ShadowQuality=3
    sg.PostProcessQuality=3
    sg.TextureQuality=4
    sg.EffectsQuality=3
    sg.FoliageQuality=3
    sg.ResolutionQuality=125.000000

• Like Like x 2
  4. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Thank you! I’m a bit of a technical noob, where can you find this and how do you get to it?

5. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

\Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

There may be some good Engine.ini edits also but im less knowledable about those. Again a few examples to mess arround with in the Engine.ini file. All will cause a FPS impact.

[System Settings]
    r.ViewDistanceScale=4.0
    foliage.LODDistanceScale=4

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

What do I press once in here? upload_2022-3-31_16-4-45.png

EDIT: Nvm, found it

7. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

Just a tip. In the file explorer on the view tab, check a box to show file extensions. That will make it a bit easier to find the right files.

• Like Like x 1