Announcing Train Simulator Classic

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Apr 7, 2022.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

• Like Like x 3
  2. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

DTG Jamie is this a separate game or just a re-title of current Train Simulator 2022 that comes with a new route / a pack of 3 routes? I'm very confused. I'll be upset and disappointed if it's a separate game because that just confuses everyone and what is the point of having a totally separate game compared to the current Train Simulator 2022? It would be good if it was a re-title however, because then it would stop the confusion of people thinking that each year a new train simulator is released and plus "Train Simulator Classic" just sounds better than the current title in my opinion.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. catsrcool

catsrcool New Member

What exactly is the "updated signalling" on WCML South mean?

• Like Like x 1
  4. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

I would assume this is just a title change and route bundle to replace the TS20XX name change we have come to expect every year, which to be honest is long overdue. The 'classic' part may be slightly confusing as TS already has a 'TS Classics' range which I would associate with the older, less detailed DLCs.

• Like Like x 3
  5. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Its a retitle of Train Simulator with 3 routes one of them having a extension which is Bahnstrecke Leipzig - Dresden

• Like Like x 4
  6. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

Hi Ya - any chance of adding the Northampton Loop onto WCML South?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Yay! This is definitely a good idea for a re-title and I'm so glad we are getting a re-title, certainly exciting.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
  8. catsrcool

catsrcool New Member

FYI ATS have stated their intention to make it assuming of course DTG don't do it first.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I would have preferred if it was renamed back to RailWorks to go with the folder structure (also it sounds cooler) but at least this will shut people up about DTG releasing the same game every year.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I do find it interesting that Tehachapi is getting branded containers in this upgrade.
    20220329152937_1.jpg

I also hope the ground texture upgrades means the grass color is more consistent throughout the route. (One of my biggest complaints on the routes release.)

• Like Like x 1
  11. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The DB BR411 ICE-T for Leipzig Riesa-Dresden Railway is a reskinned Nürnberg Regensburg DB BR411/415 due to the stripes. Perhaps in the future sister game Train simulator world 2 Nahverkehr Dresden can be joined to Rapid Transit with Leipzig Oschatz Riesa section being built.

12. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

Regrettably, I doubt the Northampton loop will be added, missing the chance to make the route correctly timetabled. Where is Joethefish when you need him?

• Like Like x 1
  13. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Good to see the brake fixes for Tehachapi being included.

• Like Like x 1
  14. dragoner

dragoner Well-Known Member

No? NR doesnt have ICE T

15. dragoner

Yeah I hope that atleast those stupid morons on Steam forums will shut their stupid mouths finally.

16. frank351981

frank351981 Active Member

The DB BR411 aka ICE-T
    Will this be a new produced one (I hope so) or it´s only the version from the old DLC from 2013 with new repaint?

17. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

DTG Jamie, will this bundle replace the TS2022 bundles? If that happens I will have to hurry up on getting the TS 2022 deluxe edition before April 21st.

• Like Like x 1
  18. dragoner

Likely will

19. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

so i'm guessing this is it. base game call train simulator classic and the three routes will not change every year. it will be Tehachapi Pass, the WCML South, Deutsche Bahn traction in Leipzig-Dresden routes from here on out.

20. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Good to see extension, but still wait for new routes for TS23))

21. NYCTA Railfan

NYCTA Railfan New Member

As I see it other than the route extension everything listed that are fixes to non realistic or inaccurate issues with original releases should have been fixed long ago as updates for the already purchased content. Now they want to make us buy a whole new game to get what sound like bug fixes and issues that they got wrong in the first place.

22. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Thank you for telling me about this

23. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

They aren't forcing you to buy a new game to get bug fixes - of the routes you own, you will get the fixes automatically - you don't need to buy anything again to get fixes to content you already have?

24. NYCTA Railfan

NYCTA Railfan New Member

Then what's the point of a new game? the only things mentioned for the routes that they didn't extend are fixes.

25. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

It's not a "new game" it's still Train Simulator? The same game as before just a name change? As mentioned by Jamie above?

26. NYCTA Railfan

NYCTA Railfan New Member

you still have to BUY A NEW GAME unlike the update that happens every year. If it turns up in my steam library replacing 2022 then I will be the first to admit that I stand corrected but i doubt it as they say it will be 30 bucks

27. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

Where does it say that you have to buy a new game, it doesn't - it also mentions that there is no update to the core game, so it will just change name, you only need to buy it if you want to buy the routes - but the routes you already own will get the updates downloaded automatically. (Aside from the Leipzig extension which is of course new)

28. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

so with Tehachapi Pass ground texture being updated would snow be under that category? cause it dose snow in Tehachapi area i think.

29. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

I’m a little confused,……WCML south again???? We have this route already and updating signaling shoul just be an update. And looks like it won’t include southern or overground in the included scenarios. Please correct me If I’m missing something……

• Like Like x 1
  30. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

I think our new members don't fully understand that it isn't a new game.

Normally a TS yearly update is updated branding and renaming as it happened since 2012 at least for free.

The last few years it did include some core fixes but nothing really new UI wise for example.
    This year it doesn't include any of that, just a overdue rename.

It also refreshes the bundle of routes that are in the base package.
    If you own 1 or more of these routes you get that update for free.

The only new item on the list is the extension to Leipzig, which is paid and means if you would like that you need to buy the complete pack or if DTG decide to release it separately you can buy it that way.

If you aren't interested in the extension, you get the updates to the routes and the rebranded game for free.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. dragoner

TS23 is not happening

32. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

"Train Simulator Classic"? I'm delighted that DTG used my suggestion from these very pages. What do I win?

I applaud this move, obviously, but I'm disappointed that we're just getting a rebranding and a touched-up WCML. It would be nice to know if other updates to existing-but-showing-their-age DLCs are on their way, where's our Roadmap?

Does this mean expansion of the default stock (eg UK Asset Pack) to include some other outdated DLC?

One other thought occurs as we look back at all that has been achieved by DTG with Train Simulation, I think their big meeting room in Chatham faces south. In those moments when new route ideas are being floated, a train heads across the Medway Bridge and a hand is raised. I wonder whether soon-to-be City of Southend would have zero TS/TSW DLC to the Chatham's Lines' 6 if the ideas meetings were held facing North across the Estuary. It's a remarkable snub to us usually gentle Essex folk.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  33. dragoner

Something I don't understand Is whether the Leipzig - Riesa extension will
    1: require Bahnstrecke Riesa - Dresden
    2: Will the base game include both bahnstreckes (Dresden - Riesa - Leipzig)
    3: Will the owners of Bahnstrecke Riesa - Dresden get an discount (and can you purchase both for a cheaper price just like Frankfurt - Karlsruhe or LGV meditarienne)

34. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

So, instead of TSXX every year, it's just going to be called train sim classic? Is that right?

35. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

As Rob has said Above, if you already own TS2022, this is not a new game. It will be what TS2022 will soon be known as.
    - the route package is a separate cost (as will Leipzig-Riesa extension, if you choose to purchase it separately), but not mandatory
    - if you own any of the routes in the route package already, you'll get a (free) update for those routes, so you'll have the most up-to-date version of those routes

• Like Like x 2
  36. dragoner

That doesn't answer my question tho.

37. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Yes will require Riesa - Dresden, yes will include both route and extension. We're looking into a 'complete my collection' style bundle for launch. This will be confirmed in the coming weeks.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. dragoner

Thank you Jamie.

39. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

I find it to be a good decision to stop changing the name every year, which was also confusing for new players.

This is basically a fifteen year old game and deserves to be named Train Simulator Classic from now on. It will also make it easier for people to distinguish it from TSW(2).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  40. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

And so DTG Jamie, will TS2022 deluxe bundle be removed from Steam on April 21st?

41. dragoner

Likely, and will be replaced by different one, just like Swiss, german, british, chinese, american editions.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  42. Destin Skye

Destin Skye New Member

I would like to lazer focus on this statement in the press release,
    "...but you can expect some updates to the routes included..."

Can I get my hopes up that with the game going Classic to stay that at some point the team can work on fixing/updating other routes as needed?? That would be so amazing if, since there'll be no more yearly releases, that we'll get to see some improvements to existing DLC routes and locomotives to bring them up to speed. The devs behind those trucker games have started doing that, going back and improving/updating some of the early DLC contents and still releasing new stuff. I'm confident the hard-working folks at Dovetail are heading in that direction, am I right? That way this grand old game can still live on and supplement TSW2 that will be the future of rail simulation letting players have the best of both worlds. :D

• Like Like x 1
  43. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

Destin Skye - I think that hope is a great thing but it is wishful thinking. “The Community” is a better hope as much has already been done by it and I have more confidence there as financial needs are not the pressure. Routes the main community are not interested in have little hope for improvement.
    Just my thoughts, I have no insight into policy.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  44. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

More than likely. There may be a steam spring/easter sale in the next couple of weeks to best wait until then to pick it up cheap.

I'm still waiting for a sound patch for the Class 323. If they hadn't of released the sounds in such a poor state then they'd likely have more customers paying full price.

I know this is somewhat off topic but is there still a patch planned to fix and improve the sounds on the Class 323? It's been over a year now, last I heard was JD mentioning a possible patch after the patch that coincided with the TS2022 release.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. Wolfgrade

Wolfgrade New Member

A limitation of this game is that snow is either everywhere or nowhere. If it were turned on at Tehachapi, there would also be snow at Bakersfield and Mojave.

• Like Like x 1
  46. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

This is customizable. You can edit your own weather blueprints with weather changes over time. If you plan a scenario going from Bakersfield to Mojave you can clone an existing weather blueprint and edit the event chain to stop snowing after a certain amount of time. Or trigger a weather change on a go via instruction via lua scripting. But yes, the weather is globally but you can make it appear to change locally.

Good examples are "Special Delivery" (Stevens Pass) or "Winter Extremes in the Black Forest" (Black Forest Journeys).

47. Wolfgrade

Wolfgrade New Member

We were discussing the snow textures on the ground, which, unlike the weather, cannot be changed within a scenario.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
  48. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Fair enough.

49. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Not to mention the tracks are also effected as well, you can't run a scenario in winter as all of the track on the map will be snow covered ballast.

• Like Like x 1
  50. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

yes it will TS22 core and deluxe bundle will be removed just before release.

• Helpful Helpful x 2