Horseshoe Curve Live Stream Things Noticed That Are Wrong

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by NSMotherSlug#881, Apr 8, 2022.

1. NSMotherSlug#881

NSMotherSlug#881 Active Member

Everything Wrong I seen in the First Horseshoe Curve Live play. Before I go on Tom should never Live stream ever again Horrible Live stream it was had No clue about anything.

First off, Eastside Gallitzin Tunnel doesn't look like this

278044605_7231738010231280_4959040473788961485_n (1).jpg

Eastside Gallitzin Tunnel Looks like this

East Side Gallitzin Tunnel.jpg

Second Big Problem I noticed is Westside Gallitzin Tunnel Park Road Bridge

278098515_7231755196896228_981721508836236028_n.jpg

What Real Life Westside Gallitzin Tunnel Park looks like?

R (35).jpg

Notice the Single Bridge support Not 2 supports as Skyhook has on this bridge long with the black fence and thinner concrete Drive & walkway area.

Third thing which I'm totally confused on what year is this route supposed to be, I seen this route has old school Black signals when NS replaced all the Signals back in 1999 to 2001 with Newer Silver Higher raised signals to deal with Double stacks which these signals are colored Red, Yellow, Green and if that's the time zone the route is supposed to be then the ES44AC shouldn't be on the route then as it wasn't built yet 2003 ES44ACs were built. Note Character View sits way to low in CAB view of ES44AC. Wish could see more of route guess wait till launch then give more feedback on it

R (37).jpg

Steepest grade on Route is on Track one at Westside Tunnel Hill Gallitzin aka to real life railroaders as the Slide.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Yorkshirelad

Yorkshirelad Active Member

Ok Boomer

Foamer

• Like Like x 5
  3. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

Hey hey hey, don't you listen during the stream? Tom was previously didn't know anything about US freight stuff. I mean for a beginner, he's actually pretty good. And don't forget one thing, doing route demonstration while you being streamed and answers several question isn't an easy task.
    It's a good thing and a nice gesture to have someone from Skyhook to demonstrate their hardwork.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 21
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

If those are the only slightly inaccurate things, they did a good job.
    After the stream i thought its worth a preorder.

Can you pls go into more detail with a thread like this. Im not from the area, so i dont know if you mean the tunnel walls or the 3. Track in the right tunnel

Maybe the 2. tunnel has the track removed, since hc is set in the very modern (2019 he said).

Didnt see floating rocks, so i guess its a step forward ;)

• Like Like x 4
  5. Suryaaji#2369

I wish DTG also provide pre-order purchase on the other platforms, i'm on Epic and must wait til next Tuesday. It is worth a preorder.

6. pterocles#7018

pterocles#7018 Active Member

Is this really 'Everything Wrong'? Come on....

• Like Like x 2
  7. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

They look identical to me. This doesn't seem wildly inaccurate like Reigate. I'd guess that this route is in your backyard or very near to it, and so you know it like the back of your hand, and so you are more likely to be able to pick apart the exact fine details of every bit of scenery. For someone like myself who does not live nearby, it seems like a decent representation of the area, which is the goal.

If these are the only things wrong, I'm sold.

Cheers

• Like Like x 10
  8. Mikeboy

Mikeboy Active Member

Literally just posting to disagree with this.

• Like Like x 15
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Wow so little wrong way the route you really had to nit pick it seems.
    And we wonder why a)few third parties release stuff for TSW b)few people want the come in stream.

Whilst not identical I think both the RL and in-game shots show enough similarities that Skyhook have done a good job.

Finally if this is all that's wrong then it's a definite purchase for me.

• Like Like x 9
  10. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

OP seems a bit nitpicking. Tunnel looks reasonable to me, for a £25 computer game.
    I’m not afraid to criticise DTG or their associates when justified, but this is not one of those occasions.

• Like Like x 8
  11. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I haven't watched the stream, but let's not get toxic... from what people wrote above he seems to be SHG's representative so let's be glad he was on stream to answer the various questions. I am sure it's not an easy job.
    While the rest seems very nit-picky this seems a reasonable criticism, can you go more into detail about the differences between the signals? Do they just look different or do they work in different ways?

• Like Like x 4
  12. Ighten

Ighten Member

Im struggling for the assets and way UE4 works to really see anything much wrong with the first two.. If we want perfect asset reproduction we would have to wait years between each route

• Like Like x 4
  13. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

A bit extreme. I thought he did a decent job, all things considered. Also, your lack of punctuation nearly gave me a stroke

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I think Tom did a fairly good job. Most importantly he gave an impression of someone who recently got on board and seriously took into consideration the problems of Cane Creek. He constantly was like "this is now correct, this is now correct, this and this". Definitely someone with passion. Really appreciate this. Only wish CC AC4400 could now get the same treatment because that loco definitely is very sub-par and sadly I wouldn't want it to even sub UP trains in this state.

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, he did say clearly that the route was set in 2019 ( mainly to avoid modeling PTC ), so the locos are appropriate, even if the signals are not, I wouldn't know.
    There are some things wrong with the route, but I don't think the minor points in the OP's post are the significant errors
    As for the SHG reps, they did as best they could given the short notice. First time on live TV is a rather daunting experience, I would imagine. Actually, I thought they knew quite a lot about the route.
    As a whole, though, the stream was generally kind of dull and " off script ".

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

Looks decent, may not day one it as busy doing N gauge and have plenty of TSW2 stuff to be going on with but probs worth a go in the sale. I would echo other comments. Looks like nit picking here from the OP.

• Like Like x 2
  17. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

The bridge and tunnel look like pretty decent representations to me. The signal thing may be inaccurate, but as I live solidly in Keystone Corridor territory, it’s nice to see the older PRR style signals.

I didn’t watch the full stream, but I liked what I saw, and I think this will be a purchase for me when I have some spare cash.

• Like Like x 3
  18. JustAVaporeon

JustAVaporeon Active Member

All these just seem like nitpicks if I'm going to be honest. It may be disappointing but they aren't complete abominations of inaccuracies, there has definitely been worse stuff in past DLCs (cough Reigate)

And I think Tom did a great job on the stream, clearly nervous yes but he did well. All of the team did. This won't be a day one pick up but I will definitely give it a try sometime. Compared to Crane Creek and the BR187, this is a step up for Skyhook

• Like Like x 4
  19. redrev1917

Finally watched the steam and I can only assume that the OP watched a different stream to myself. I found Tom absolutely passionate and knowledgeable about the route and wanting a positive experience for us the player.

• Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

i actually think skyhook have improved since cane creek, and have finally hit their stride, i see nothing wrong here, and this new developer, tom, is quite a legend, and as horseshoe was delayed for some time, this gave skyhook the opportunity to make this route better, this is the type of content we get from third parties who dont rush it, take their time, and test it constantly. my question is. if skyhook can do stuff like this with more development time, could rivet also take their time and do the same thing skyhook has done here with horseshoe?

• Like Like x 5
  21. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I honestly don't expect a reply back from the OP, at least for awhile. They usually come on here, make some rant, then dissappear for awhile, then make a new one.

• Like Like x 5
  22. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Same here, I miss the old PRR signals on Keystone Corridor!!

Anyway i'll def be getting this on Tuesday

• Like Like x 2
  23. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Oh no! If the TO hadn't drawn my attention to these glaring deficiencies, I might have given the HSC a chance. But I can't help but distance myself from it. Too bad, I was looking forward to it...:(:(:(

• Like Like x 2
  24. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

An insignificant concrete bridge crossing the track is a bit different in real life. Scrap the release!

• Like Like x 1
  25. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Skyhook's bridge does look a bit wobbly. But as this is a sim, the bridge isn't going to fall down, is it.
    Besides, I'm not entirely convinced that the photos are of the same bridge. I mean the guy standing on the Skyhook bridge isn't on the " real " one, is he. ;)

26. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

That's a shame for you, better luck next time.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  27. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

As the OP is ex-rail industry. I would give his views more credence, than the rest of the wannabees on here.

28. redrev1917

No one is doubting his pedigree, just his nit picking over minor detail and his criticism of the streamer.

TSW is not meant to be a scale 100% accurate recreation of the real world. If it were it would cost far more than the £25.00 cost of the DLC and we'd be lucky to get 1 new route a year.

• Like Like x 3
  29. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

So that means his opinion on... bridges and tunnel entrances is of higher value than form the so called "wannebees"? And that also justifies an extremly rude way of communicaton? I'm not able to understand this kind of logic. You might want to explain it further?

• Like Like x 3
  30. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Ok… I’m all for criticizing devs and DLCs since there are a lot of times it’s justified but for this thread:

1. I watched the whole stream, not sure what the problem is with Tom. He showed off lots of the route and scenarios, answered or showed basically anything people asked for. Not sure what more could be expected?

2. Maybe I’m missing something but the tunnel looks pretty close to me?

3. I’ve played pretty much every DLC in the game. When it comes to generic items like buildings, houses, roads and bridges, you aren’t getting photo realism for any of these assets. They have a bunch of different types of buildings and bridges available and you get the closest approximation for the setting/location. If you wanted an exact match for every bridge abutment they’d need an insane amount of time and energy and multiple trips to the location etc. Manage expectations here, as much as I’d love every piece of scenery and fencing to be an exact match. Now if something is more of a landmark you can see from the tracks like Battersea power plant or Harlem bridge that’s a different story. This bridge to me just looks like a standard road overpass which is reasonably accurate.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  31. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

The stream did not convince me to pre-order; I had already done so because I'm a DCL addict. I didn't grow up "out East" so I don't know anything about the Routes there (except CSX because they are also in the "Midwest." Looking forward to learning another Route, even though it is the 3rd eastern freight route. No doubt there will be a few issues on release as everyone runs it on different platforms, there will be whining, fixes, and then things will settle down.

32. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Route is nice, but ES44AC have buged dynamic brakes like AC4400CW. SD70 is great!
    This really break my first impression.

• Like Like x 2
  33. Suryaaji#2369

Yeah, i completely agree with you on this point! The only locomotive where you can realisticaly simulate blended braking (combining both auto brake and dyn brake) is only SD70ACe on Sherman Hill. The AC4400CW and C40-8W don't have that same physic, and even worse the initial reduction/minimum application is exessive with 10 pound of reduction, where it should be 6 pound of reduction for minimum application.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It was less than 10.

35. Suryaaji#2369

The Cane Creek's AC4400CW minimum application is at 10 pound reduction. Maybe i'm wrong, i'll check it again.

36. Suryaaji#2369

Just tested minimum reduction application on SPG AC4400CW, SPG C40-8W and Cane Creek AC4400CW. And yes, i can confirm thath the reduction on minimum application is not 10, but 9 pound of reduction. The Equalizing Reservoir drop to about 80/81 psi when i applied minimum reduction on all 3 locos.

• Like Like x 1
  37. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I thought I saw a few spots in the stream where the minimum application on the NS loco was less than 10, more like 7. There was one part where the application was more than minimum and the reduction was 10.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Yeah