The Routes Of Train Simulator Classic

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Apr 11, 2022.

1. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2022
  2. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

Why not include Northampton Loop too?

• Like Like x 2
  4. dragoner

dragoner Well-Known Member

Maybe because it is correct? I am not native of any English speaking country.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

That is a through back to TS2014 image at startup (only if we could also get rid of the blue menu tinting and back to the gray one :P )

6. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Is this TS23

this game perplexes

• Like Like x 1
  7. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

It was edited and corrected after my post, "a look" was missing, of course Jamie didn't acknowledge it or thank me for pointing it out but that's our wonderful DTG for you.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  8. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

You trolling or what?

9. Rescue Ranger

Rescue Ranger New Member

If he's trolling, then so do I. I'm confused with the name of the game: Train Simulator Classic.
    What's the difference with Train Simulator 2022. Why would I be interested in the Classic version?

Patrick

• Like Like x 1
  10. chieflongshin

The amount of time I’ve spent on the forums , livestream, 1300hrs in game I think I’m a heavily invested dovetail troll. Post and like counts normally indicative too, not like I’ve posted twice.

much obliged Reef dragoner , they say unconscious bias has gone from the world.

Sorry to disappoint but you shall not share the bridge I hide under and ask genuine questions from

• Like Like x 1
  11. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Image really reminds me of 'old' TS14. A quick question. Does this mean no TS2023, 2024, and so on? If so, it only took 5 years

12. dragoner

Yeah it will probably mean that no more TSxx.

13. trainsimgaming1001

Finally. Ever since TSW was released it has pretty much been redundant, if it was not already so.

14. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

I mean it's been made pretty clear multiple times by both the Devs and those of us who chose to read what was written, this is just a renaming of TS2022 from TS2022 to TS Classic, no new game, no money needs to change hands, nothing other than the re-branding of an existing product the Marathon bar has just become a Snickers (if you're not from the UK ignore that last part I have no intention of explaining the reference)

It is not a new game.
    You will not have two separate games in your Steam library.
    Nothing has changed with the core game so all your DLC's and mods will work on the 21st and after as they did on the 20th and before.
    It will not cost you anything.
    It will change the name of your existing game only.
    You can buy the bundled DLCs (WCML-S and the other two) if you do not already own them but only if you want those DLC's it will not be a requirement of having your game changed to TS Classic.
    There will not be a TS2023 or 24 or 25 and so on it is and will always be named Train Simulator Classic (From the 21st of April on).

Hope that's clear enough for you all :)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  15. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

That's a lot of words to just say you couldn't be arsed to read the official announcement, if you genuinely struggle to understand then fair enough, but you're a TSW player and active TSW forum member and you poke your head in here to what seemingly appears to stir things up (that's one way in how it can be perceived at least) so forgive me for my conclusion but tbh your next post (the one I just quoted) did little to change my initial evaluation. You're welcome to prove me wrong though, in fact I wholeheartedly encourage it. :)

16. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

I don't see that happening without DTG taking the risk of editing the track and signals and thus risk breaking scenarios. Though the article does mention new scenery assets, what could they be?

• Like Like x 1
  17. chieflongshin

It's a zero value action on my part. I will however recognise the band in your avatar are rather decent.

18. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

will the (TP) bnsf es44ac be on quick drive menu?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  19. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

I absolutely love this what seems to be a new menu screen!! It throws me right back to TS 2014 / TS 2015, both of which I loved and I am very nostalgic for. All you need now is to change the "menu music" of train cars clanking around to actual good calming music just like TS 2014 and TS 2015 and I will like the game to the level I liked during 2014 and 2015 again. Even if you just re-use TS 2014's or TS 2015's I'll be happy as that would be a trip down memory lane and they are both perfect for menu music, I would especially love to hear the TS 2014 menu music again as TS 2014 definitely had the best menu music.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Sorry but I just don't get this menu music thing, I see it mentioned on Facebook, here and in Twitch chat, what is the obsession with something you barely spend 2 minutes having to hear anyway?

I actually like the train clanking, and only then for one reason, it reminds me that I'd minimised the game whilst in the menu got carried away doing something else then I notice a clank and think "oh yeah the game's still running"

If they re-introduced music the very next thing I'd do is untick it in the options, and thus loose my subtle reminder that it's still running in the background.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

It's just really calming for me, it makes me feel nice and relaxed. Makes me imagine and think like I could explore around the world with trains in this game and drive along some beautiful railways. The train clanking got annoying and boring real quick for me, so I turned it off via settings. Plus the nostalgia of the menu music is a big thing for me. This may sound ridiculous but I am very attached to this game, I have an anxiety disorder and I worry about so many things and this game is an escape from those thoughts, I'm focused on driving a train and I find it very relaxing driving through beautiful routes. Even if I only hear it for a couple minutes, the menu music already makes feel at ease as soon as I open up the game since it's just so calming, especially after a difficult day. However everyones preferences are different, there should be an option to either insert your own menu music or there should be a little list in settings of all the menu music featured throughout the game for you to select as your menu theme. For example if you just want the basic clanking noises then you can select that, if you want TS 2014's music you can select TS 2014's music, etc.

• Like Like x 3
  22. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Bring it to console!!

23. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Will never happen.

The end.

24. dragoner

I can send you a download link that replaces the crappy clanking sounds to TS 2014 soundtrack. :)

25. Der Uni

Der Uni Well-Known Member

This is a punch in every Train Sim World 2 Players Face...

26. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

5ljf4m.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  27. dragoner

28. dragoner

''BahnStrecke Leipzig - Riesa Extension coming soon'' just got uploaded to Youtube:

29. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Nope, I'm fine with my one. :)

30. dragoner

alright mate :)

31. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

How so?

32. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Length and Extensions and Merge's

33. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

What i meant was how are the TS1 Team causing this when they have nothing to do with TSW :)

• Like Like x 1
  34. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Ah Alright sorry i missed understood the question

35. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

BecAuSe TsW2 iS mOrE ImPorTaNteR. :mad::mad::mad:

36. Der Uni

Der Uni Well-Known Member

I laugh a lot at the answers here in this Thread.

The post was addressed to DTG and was just a reminder that there will never be that length of Route or variaty in Rolling stock for a Route in Train Sim World 2.

Two games, same Developer, same basic Route, but one have half of the content...

37. trainsimgaming1001

Actually, TSW(2) has probably not even 1% of content TS Classic Has. Probably not even 0.5% when you count in 3rd party developers. Most of TSW(2)s routes are new routes that have not been explored before in TS Classic, with East Coastway, Boston Sprinter, and Northern Trans-Pennine being fine examples of this

38. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

That's not strictly true. Some of the earliest TS routes had the same quantity of content as TSW products, but have expanded in quantity over time as assets new built and get reused. Take WCML South for example, all the rolling stock there was part-built or reused from existing assets. TSW simply hasn't got to that stage yet.

Also note TSW content is far more detailed and (presumably) takes more people longer to make. So really TS isn't more varied than TSW, it just has more development time behind it (and that's excluding all the 3rd parties too, of which TS has accumulated far more of).

• Like Like x 1
  39. SJA

SJA Active Member

It must do, yeah. Looking at BML (pretty much the only TSW route I've spent significant time on, because of the detail level and the fact it's a full route), churning out routes like that (or longer) -- timetables and all -- for 3 or 4 countries, 3-4 times per year just doesn't seem feasible until more devs are on board.

In the TSW forums half the users are complaining about bugs, bad signalling, missing landmarks, scenery clipping into the cab, lack of care during QA and a plethora of other issues. That'd be x 10 if DTG and their very limited selection of partners started putting out longer routes in an accelerated timeframe.

We all have to make choices my friend. If you're running on PC and chose TSW2 for its high detail (close up, anyway, it's not so hot from a distance), then it was bought as-is, with the understanding that it's still in its infancy. Content will be a long time in the making. TS1 users sacrifice that super shiny close-up appearance -- although some third party enhancements close that gap significantly (RWE2, AP, etc) -- but gain in route variety, length, stock range and operational scope.

And console players get a better Fifa experience :D

40. TrainsAreBest

TrainsAreBest Active Member

Then why not buy TSC instead? You'll be happier in the end, unless all you've got is a console.

Last edited: May 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 2