New German Route - Let's Speculate!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matinakbary, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

I think it will be either Frankfurt Koblenz with the Flirt 3, as this was the last route for Train Simulator and DTG has the Süwex license, or the S-Bahn Hamburg as it is highly requested and Hamburg Hbf was already built.
    To be honest, both of these would be absolutely amazing!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Isn't the only thing in need of solving compared to 612 the counter-tilting pantograph? That shouldn't be that much of a problem as it depends pretty much just on the tilt of the body.

3. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

4. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Luzern-Sursee and NEC New York were teased using maps. GWE was teased with a green background and a silver question mark - most likely developed separate to the route (send tease was a very close-up image of the 66's ribbed bodywork, again, could've been made separate again, or an early version). Rapid Transit was teased with the official artwork in various stages of being drawn. TSW2 itself was teased with the official artwork but the trains were replaced with a date and a URL.

As for the route, given how they announced Reisa-Dresden for TSW a few months after it came out for TS1 it'd be a bit funny if it were Reisa-Leipzig, even if not as an extension.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

Yeah. If you look at the TSC listing, it says it can also be purchased separately and not just as an extension. I wouldn't be surprised. We got Riesa - Dresden and then Dresden - Chemitz. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Reisa - Leipzig.

6. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

If they Include Dostos, I want them either to Be IC2 Dostos, which are both High Level and Low Level, or A route with High Level Dostos

• Like Like x 1
  7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

It's a good bet that there will be Dostos, because there's hardly a route anywhere in Germany where Dostos don't run.

But at least make them new Dostos! We've been getting the same type with tweaks ever since RSN; let's introduce, say, the Bombardier TWINDEXX series for a change (required for proper IC2 services anyway). Or, at the very least, low-entries.....

• Like Like x 3
  8. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I mean DCZ has been teasing in DRA (the ticket automat). I doubt there is NO clue at all in DCZ, but nobody found it, yet?

Okay there are clues, but at most for a Steam Loco, not a route :|

9. Clumsy Pacer

No, it means you buy it separate to the bundle (which also includes WCML South and Tehachapi or however it's spelt). It's still an extension.

I think that was the exception rather than the rule.

Do you not mean high-entries?

• Like Like x 1
  10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

These are 781 786 Doppelstockwagen and I did a suggestion for them the Hauptstrecke Bochum-Dortmund/Hagen via Hagen Vorhalle route where these run RE4/RE7 with DB BR145 DLC 146.0. If you have Hamburg-Lübeck then you have a chance of DB BR112 spawning with 766.2 781 786 on Hauptstrecke Bochum-Dortmund/Hagen.
    DTG should explore a Deutsche Reichsbahn DDR route like Berlin Elsterwerda or Chemnitz Werdau route. Since we are using Deutsche Reichsbahn DDR Chemnitz has to be named as Karl Marx Stadt.

11. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

A man can dream

Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
  12. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I'm pretty certain the line about it being purchasable separately is referring to the fact you can buy it separately from Tehachapi and WCML if you already own Train Simulator 2022 or prior.

13. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

the BR420 is due to be released later this year isnt it.... thats a train from the 70's... tho still in use today on some S-bahn systems.

maybe a route set 20 or 30 years ago to go with it?

14. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The forthcoming 420 represents the units that were completely overhauled in 2014-16 and would be all wrong on a vintage route

• Like Like x 4
  15. Clumsy Pacer

Nothing to stop them making a backdated version for a route (there's an alternative version of the 182 in Hamburg), though perhaps not so soon after the DLC's release. Give it a year or two and maybe it'll be on the cards.

• Like Like x 1
  16. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

Hopefully Köln-Koblenz or any IC route.

• Like Like x 2
  17. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I see, you're a man of culture :D

• Like Like x 3
  18. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Hopefully whatever the route, it’s being progressed with layers for the 420 and later on 232 in mind.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Clumsy Pacer

I'd personally like a route where we can take the 101 to 200km/h - yeah there's that 1 service on the new Koln-Aachen timetable but I'd like to at least do it in the day, ideally with a stop in the middle.

• Like Like x 1
  20. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Maybe the ic cabcar finally will find its way into tsw.

• Like Like x 3
  21. CrazyHorseyMan

CrazyHorseyMan Member

I just don't want an other ICE 3.Velaro (D or neo) and ICE T(D) would be nice though. However, what i'd like would be Hamburg Uelzen with ICE 2,a cargo loco, Metronom and shunter.

• Like Like x 3
  22. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

So ... when do you two get into TSW development or already involved, yet?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Maybe aliens will land and abduct us all.

I know which I'd bet on happening first.

• Like Like x 1
  24. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Though having just spent an accumulated 90 minutes in a cab car doing that awful all stations Dresden to Chemnitz Journey run, I’d be happy to never ever drive from a cab car again! I was seriously losing the will to live during the final stage…

• Like Like x 2
  25. kosti.nuuja

Would it be Leipzig - Riesa? I guess this route, because it's coming to TS. Is DTG is going to test route merging in TSW2?

26. stijn.claessens

stijn.claessens Well-Known Member

Maybe something fictional? Bielefeld

• Like Like x 14
  27. redrev1917

You mean DTG actually listening to what the community asks for? Is that a flying pig I see past my window?

• Like Like x 1
  28. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Made my day!

And I'am one of those who giggles every time this comes up ;-)

• Like Like x 3
  29. kosti.nuuja

Just my speculation. I wasn't trying to ask DTG anything.

30. redrev1917

Many people have asked for route mergers for months if not years, but as with much. DTG releases what it wants and ignores the community.

31. 5cip

5cip Active Member

hannover - hamburg route like in TS Classic would be awesome because the route is like 150 km long and then oneday we could merge the route with HBL lol :)

• Like Like x 4
  32. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  33. driverwoods#1787

To break that down it's Tharandter Rampe Dresden Chemnitz then the missing Chemnitz Werdau Reichenbach Gutenfürst Hof line. If you date that to the German Democratic Republic era you have a 10-20 minute stop at Gutenfürst Border Station with West Germany Bavaria Hof with engine swap at Reichenbach from DR BR250 DR BR243 to DR BR132 using DR V100 DR V60 shunters.

• Like Like x 1
  34. minka#2840

minka#2840 Member

That+d be a pretty nice idea for a scenario, wouldn't it! :)

35. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

Well let me just drop my 2 cents to say that I think the new German route should be set in the western part of Germany.
    Best in a part that has never been covered officially by any train sim yet, ever, but has shown itself to be a guaranteed success with high demand. In fact it should be so far west in Germany that it's in the Netherlands :D

Thank you for coming to my TED talk

• Like Like x 3
  36. driverwoods#1787

You must be thinking of cross-border routes if DTG has resources 135 km Duisburg Utrecht via Arnhem Oberhausen and Zevenaar and ends up making HRR Busy.
    For every S3 to or from Oberhausen there is going to be a Bochum Ehrenfeld Gbf to Zevenaar freight. That is the real purpose of the big triangle junction at Mülheim an Der Ruhr Styrum and Duisburg. Duisburg Hbf will see RE19s to Arnhem via Emmerich and RE5s to Wesel/Emmerich Am Rhein
    The other option might be 96 km Heneglo Bad Bentheim Osnabrück railway forms part of the Amsterdam to Lübeck Railway. The missing piece is the Rollbahn Hamburg Bremen Osnabrück Münster Oberhausen Duisburg.

37. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

135 kilometers AND cross-border to a new country is not going to happen.

At this point, speculations are pretty pointless as there is nothing to go off. All we know is "German route".

38. driverwoods#1787

What's the reason to why they can't just do a German route Crossing borders. On the Other Hand Germany to Austria will be treated as a Domestic route due to Deutsche Bahn and ÖBB using PZB Sifa LZB ETCS since the 2010s. ÖBB Punktförmige zugbeeinflussung use was 1963-present.

• Like Like x 1
  39. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

I can think of another one for the wishlist. Munich - Nuremberg. Its bigger than any current routes about 106 miles. ICE and RE1 services. Realistically though, Nuremberg to Ingolstadt, About 95 kms or 70-ish miles.

40. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

They would need to model assets for Dutch infrastructure like catenaries, signals, plus figure out new country's signalization and so on. Lots of research to do before and together with a long route. If there is ever going to be a Dutch route, the first one is going to be very short.

41. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

Leipzig dresden

42. Ferrovipathe67

The franfkurt high speed is the best candidate this is a line that ever came out on TS

• Like Like x 1
  43. Ferrovipathe67

Yes and the rolling stock are the B411-415 and a BR 189

44. driverwoods#1787

Find that helpful and the safe bet is Germany to Austria because you can just simply Run PZB LZB ETCS Sifa on both sides of the German Austrian Border.
    These will change existing German routes with ÖBB Taurus family having a chance of pulling S1 S2s on Nahverkehr Dresden SchnellfahrstreckeKöln-Aachen HauptstreckeMünchen-Augsburg Nightjet trips. Yards get either 1163 or Diesel 2070 DBB V100 ÖBB 2048

45. cyrill.kroonstuiver

No, rather I was just being a bit facetious there, joking about DTG's need to include more countries.

To go into what you said more seriously though, I believe I've said so before, but there's a good reason why in the current state of the game your suggestion just wouldn't work.
    Let me be clear, it's not because I don't think it's a good idea in and of itself, in fact I quite like it.
    It's not that your route could never be made, but that it shouldn't be made before the Netherlands is also already clearly established within TSW2 cause you need both countries systems worked out fully for any cross-border route to work.

Looking deeper into your specific route proposal also shows that of the approximately 90km, which is a very agreeable length for such a route, only 20km is actually in the Netherlands.
    So you'd have DTG figure out the full extend of Dutch signalling and asset creation for what extends to less than 1/4th of a route?

Not to even speak of the marketing disaster that'd be. Speaking as a Dutch person who's like many other desperate for that Dutch route, given that we're, as polling and modding communites continuously indicate, one of the biggest foreign requests, and probably by far the most underserved ones in terms of rail simulation, just starving for content over here.
    How well would it then go over you think then, if DTG announced they'd finally include the Netherlands, and it turns out it's just the lesser part of a route, less than 1/4th, only 20km, without any of the popular classic Dutch trains?
    Honestly, I can't speak for everyone here, but I would feel pretty slighted, like it's just token representation to make the Dutch community shut up about not ever being officially represented anywhere.

I'm hope I'm not coming over as too negative here, I'm aware I probably do sound like that a little bit.
    Again, I'm not saying it's not a good suggestion, but to do this route proposal before having actually dedicated Dutch routes and assets would absolutely be disastrous on every front I feel like.
    After that's done though, I would absolutely love for that route to be added to the game.
    I hope you understand where I'm coming from with this.

46. cyrill.kroonstuiver

TL;DR: Cross-border routes are fine and interesting and could be great, but a disastrous way for any new country to make it's debut in these games.

47. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I think I remember some people mentioning that DTG will take a "small break" after the german route to try and fix some bugs (which if true would be amazing) so I can see that being the right timing to introduce a new feature (such as route merging) but at the same time with steam being closer and closer I doubt they would have two relatively big core feature launch so close to each other. I would expect nothing more than a standard DLC, but I would be happy to be proven wrong.

48. redrev1917

I disagree it makes perfect sense from a Dev perspective, rather than having to create new country specific assets for a new route they'd only need to do to fill a partial route with new assets allowing them to concentrate on key features like country specific signalling.

• Like Like x 1
  49. cyrill.kroonstuiver

That doesn't really matter.
    Sure it saves some special buildings like very unique stations and stuff like that, but the biggest difficulty for the devs lies in understanding and creating assets for the signalling system in that new country.
    It doesn't really matter if that's done for 20km or 90km, they're going to need to make it all the same.
    The only thing you'd be saving on would be assets like unique houses, but they exist on both ends of the borders, and you're not saving on Dutch station assets either if we're going by the current example as our stations have a very distinct style other than the surrounding buildings that are going to have to be built anyway.

50. cyrill.kroonstuiver

Not saying it wouldn't save anything at all whatsoever though, but I don't think it's enough to justify doing it that way whatsoever considering the downsides I laid out.