Horseshoe Curve - Preview - Question Thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DTG JD, Apr 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahar_bej

Tahar_bej Member

On next week’s stream can we see what the night lighting looks like

2. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

DTG Natster
    **Update** Please be advised that the long train tutorial is the only place this extended brake situation occurs during gameplay.
    This is a bit misleading note, because it can occur if player cause this situation via emergency braking, but normaly player trains are setup to avoid full brake recharing process at service begining.

3. andyns1701

andyns1701 New Member

We really need helper units for this route. Horseshoe curve makes no sense within its t locomotives like the SD40E or if we’re going for a present day one, an SD70ACU. The Pittsburgh Line in this area has been famous for its steep hills and the introduction of helper units ever since the line opened. Having just GP38-2s, which are already in I believe 2 other routes just makes no sense. I would hope there would be plans for the future to release these as an extra locomotive kind of like the Dash 8. Another locomotive I think we need is probably the AC44C6M/Dash 9. I know theres already AC44s in other routes, but having Dash 9s would make this route feel more realistic and varied. If again this is more a modern present day route, AC44C6Ms would probably make more sense. They would be a very simple locomotive to create as its just the front half of the ES44 and the cabinet and radiator section of a Dash 8, ( Which is the same as the AC44). I dont want to be the type of person to suggest every locomotive, but I think at least helper sets are a must.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

That's probably something that will be hard to do now that all the trains run without them. If helper locos were made as a DLC, it would need a timetable rework or (preferably) a new layer to make the route busier.

5. andyns1701

andyns1701 New Member

Trains on the horseshoe curve have had helper locomotives since the PRR days and are still in daily operation. I could see it come out as a DLC but its a must on this route. The one in tsw takes place during 2018 making SD40Es the proper unit needed to take on helper service. If we were to get SD40Es we could possibly see SD50/SD60s becoming a possibility for other routes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.