Chatham Main Line: London - Dover & Ramsgate Route Out Now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 749006, Dec 17, 2021.

1. james37611

james37611 New Member

That was me on the other place as well sorry, realised it was best on here really. No need to report it now, oddly it now works as it should, stopping point names will work and no need to 'refresh' anymore, this was after a windows update and PC restart, I'd imagine it was just the PC restart that corrected it

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. flexanomical

flexanomical New Member

Hi. I'm having problems on the new Chatham Ramsgate/Dover route on quick drive. Whenever I start quick drive from London Terminals, when I get to Faversham I get routed into platform 4. The signal is always red but platform 3 has the route towards Ramsgate or Dover. Seems like I'm getting routed into wrong platform. Pressing Tab I get denied and its really annoying. If I start quick drive at Faversham towards Ramsgate or Dover, it's fine as I start at platform 3. Is there anything I can do to rectify this.

Thank you.

3. brummie

brummie Active Member

I think you will find there are a few bugs with quick drive on this route. Check 'Technical Reports' on the forum list and you will see these have been reported. Hopefully a patch may be forthcoming in New Year.

4. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

Would it be worth having a look at this route - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1298545317

(it has the potential fixes to the quick drive of this route in it :) ), When I originally tested it, it didn't happen to me, I couldn't see anything wrong with the routing but I think I've fixed it but any patch probably won't appear to at least mid-January (but that part isn't up to me).

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Being a relative newcomer back to TS I'm a bit confused as to which version of the Chatham Mainline to get.

Will the new London Victoria & Blackfriars to Dover version allow me to play steam workshop scenarios from the other two Chatham mainline routes? I can see there are lots of workshop scenarios for the previous two but virtually nothing for the new one. Can I run those on the most recent version? I have been relying on getting new scenarios from steam workshop as I don't own very much DLC.

6. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Let me clarify this.

Chatham Main Line - London to Gillingham - This is the basic Chatham Main Line. I will refer to this as "The Core".
    Chatham Main & Medway Valley Lines - "The Core" is included with this. It still stops at Rainham but continues south to Tonbridge. The GEML link from Orpington is NOT provided to Tonbridge, only the long way around.
    Chatham Main Line: London Victoria & Blackfriars - Dover & Ramsgate - "The Core" is bundled with this. Medway is NOT included, so there is no extra southbound movement from Rainham.

This is something I've been pointing out. You cannot get both routes without having to acquire "The Core" twice. So I have not picked up Dover on the basis or principle; existing owners are entitled to a discount. But in your case, if you find a nice bundle with Medway included (Great British Railway Journeys comes to mind), you can get Dover on its own and get Medway in that bundle. Note the 801 doesn't exist properly in that bundle, however. You have to move it from the install for GBRJ to the route folder itself. (Or just get West Somerset Railway, or NEw York-New Haven, or Pacific Surfliner, and problem solved. OR just contact DTG support and ask them for a code for the 801 sub if you own GBRJ.)

To date, I am not aware of a full Chatham Main Line merge. Maybe if Danny is feeling generous and wants to try to merge them. I think some services go between the segments.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  7. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Buy the latest release unless you want the Medway Valley or High Speed sections specifically, or if simply wanting to save money (although if you buy the other versions later on it will end up costing more overall).

8. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Thanks both, although I am still slightly confused. If I buy the latest release, will that allow me to run scenarios on it from the old chatham mainline such as this one: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=687562857 (assuming I have the other DLC installed of course)?

9. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cyclone

Oh, I thought that was an old project. Didn't realize it combined them already! LOL
    All London-Gillingham scenarios will work on either route. This is because the route is included in the package.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

I added the track and updates to it :) but that's where the Dover Track comes from for the Chatham to Ramsgate / Dover route :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cyclone

Yeah, I knew you made the original route merging Faversham with Chatham Main Line. I wasn't aware you had merged Dover and Medway together, however.

That said, it appears you added the GEML to that between Orpington and Tonbridge! What's the details on this? I do see you went west of Gravesend as well, something missing in the newer route.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  13. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

The Line to Dover was always in that route before Chatham Ramsgate / Dover was released (it had mostly no scenery), Orpington to Tonbridge was also there too (just no scenery). The St Pancras part was always in the above route, it's a merge of Chatham Main Line (originally just Medway and London to Faversham), but added Ramsgate and updated Dover scenery on it. (I've just never finished it because of time issues and other reasons)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cyclone

I knew St. Pancras was available, I think I saw an entire ATS scenario pack covering the merge.

15. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The GEML - London to Norwich does not even go anywhere near Kent :D
    Just to clarify that

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

Your merged route Danny is fabulous, we can now run trains from Dover right across to Willesden now, Royal Mail workings, Parcels and lots of different freights, as well as the odd Summer Saturday passenger trains to the coastal resorts, thanks very much for doing this, it opens up a whole new playing field, especially, for the pre-Privatisation era.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Cyclone

Late reply, just saw this now for some reason. I used the wrong acronym. :D

18. ajpardy

ajpardy Member

• Like Like x 1
  19. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

Only the routes that have them (but not those set in 2012 or the route set to final :) )

20. Cyclone

So a scenery patch to download, then. Wait, no? (Kidding anyway.) ;)

21. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

Ok, so I already have the 2 Chathams (original and Medway Valley) Plus the Faversham High Speed and Sheerness extension.

Would it be worth me getting the new one at some point?

22. Cyclone

This depends on you. Do you want to drive from Dover all the way to Blackfriars in one sitting?

I also balked at it, and decided to wait for it to show up in a future package bundle. I own Medway (i.e. both Chathams) and Faversham with Sheerness extension, and just did not like the fact we have to pay for CML a second time without it being discounted for owners of Medway or even just the original route. Let's ignore the fact that I got it as part of the GBRJ bundle, so it probably cost me $4 (I should see if the Humble Bundle from 2020 included it, I honestly forget). That's a moot point. It also doesn't have Faversham route beyond Gravesend, meaning the extra portion in that version is omitted unless you buy the new route and download Danny's merge, which once again bundles it in.

That said, per Danny, the Faversham in the new route is circa 2021. The other is not. So it may be better for today.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  23. brummie

brummie Active Member

Don't forget you also get the new Class 465 EMU too!

24. ajpardy

ajpardy Member

Ok,great . So all routes except route that is final already and 2012 versions?
    Does that mean some platform extensions then?

25. Cyclone

Well, there are some who would be more like "what EMU?" since they own the 465 enhancements from AP, but we'll disregard those...coincidentally, it needs the Peterborough route...

• Like Like x 1
  26. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

In one route there is - although I can't update routes that are set to final, and also the 2012 routes won't have the platform extensions or Class 700 signs etc

27. ajpardy

ajpardy Member

Yh,that’s what I meant Class 700 were from 2016.

28. Cyclone

You mean they never thought of putting up signs for a train not yet even in planning? Shame on their foresight. They should foresight way further in advance.

I'm kidding BTW. :D

29. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Not really... The AP 465 is based in the terrible original model. It isn't as bad as the London-Gillingham 465 but the new 465 has the best model out of any of them by far.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Cyclone

Really? This tops the AP model? I may have to give this route a viewing on Youtube to compare. This is not a review I hear very often, and I guarantee you there will be people who just insist no, your ears are plugged. LOL

31. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The AP 465 is just an enhancement pack - it still uses the default DTG model with some tweaks and sounds

• Like Like x 2
  32. Doomotron

I said model - the actual 3D model of the new 465 is better than the AP one, which as 749006 says is the original DTG model which is from 2013 and terrible, although not as appalling as the later Chatham Main Line (1) attempt which was terrible in almost every conceivable way.

• Like Like x 2
  33. Cyclone

So the model is good, sounds leave something to be desired. I see.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

So we just need some clever soul to patch the new 465 so it uses AP sounds (as has been done for countless other models) and everyone will be happy.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Doomotron

Yep. In fact, it may well be better than the AP 465 (as well as the general model of course) because it has the correct cab and a much nicer passenger view. And yes, I am one of the seven people who like passenger views.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  36. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

For the seven seconds you can use it before missing an AWS acknowledgement and causing an emergency brake application :D

37. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

With RWE2 you can set AWS and SIFA to auto acknowledge if you're not in cab view

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. Cyclone

Can we just disable the bloody AWS by default? That would be ideal when going for a screenshot. "Oh, I better keep pressing Q!"

39. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Some guy did that on a German Train by Disabling the Sifa (DSD) and the PZB (AWS) to take pictures,
    He missed a distant signal, ran a red light then game over when it derailed - junction not set.

40. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

AWS ramps for signals don't tend to catch me out in outside cams, but permanent AWS's for upcoming speed changes have done.

41. Cyclone

Right, but this is why you must be responsible with your photo taking. You don't just destroy the train. It's meant for brief stints outside.

Of course, just do what I do. Push 8, pause the game, set up, get picture or moving video, back to cab.

42. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

How do you actually pause the game without it bringing up the menu and allow yourself to look around?

43. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Press the Pause/Break key on your keyboard, It's to the right of the Scroll Lock key and above the Page Up key (See image).
    You will need to press key 8 (free camera) BEFORE pressing the Pause/Break key though because you won't be able to change cameras whilst paused in this manner.

Image4.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  44. Cyclone

As an add to this, sometimes the pause key is tied to a function key depending on the keyboard. In such a case, you have to hold the Fn key to be able to use Pause. Keep this in mind depending on your keyboard. I just swapped to one where it is isolated.

• Like Like x 1
  45. ajpardy

ajpardy Member

Did you update 1 of the routes the other day? atomicdanny are you adding 700 signs ?

46. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

I didn't update anything recently - and not adding 700 signs to South London & Thameslink (it's set in 2012 ? )

47. ajpardy

ajpardy Member

ok.
    Oof my bad,what about the newer routes? I think the NLL & south London to Brighton has them ,but not all the way to Brighton,only the London bit. atomicdanny

48. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

Not right away but yes :)

• Like Like x 1
  49. Cyclone

In other words, heathens running 700s on a 2012 route are ruining this game. :D

Teasing of course.

• Like Like x 2
  50. peterchambers

peterchambers Active Member

Mr. Cyclone. "Can we just disable the bloody AWS by default? That would be ideal when going for a screenshot. "

Railworks Enhancer 2 has options for AWS and / or SIFA auto acknowledge. They sound briefly and the AI acknowledges for you.