S-bahn Zentralschweiz: Luzern - Sursee

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Mar 24, 2022.

1. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

Is that just me who got the horn lost outside? I was not updating recently, I was quiet busy just got to play again after a week got an update, and now there's no horns outside.

Edit: Also still NO HEADLIGHTS!.... The route is unplayable after sunset.

Rivet quality. Like Tesco products. Somewhat useable if there's nothing else.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  2. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Is ETCS at least finally fixed?

3. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

I don't know cause most of the yellow and red lights (99%) are gone, which was said to be there cause of the crossings. Now I think it's just simple broken compared to the first release. Going from Luzern I didn't even had to care with the etcs at all......

The high freq sound after the circuit breaker is on still not there. Actually the circuit breaker has definitely loud sound on flirt and it's also not there. Still no headlights. It's like playing GTA with a Flirt mod.......

4. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

So here my final review after the 2 updates we got.

Rivet, good job! As somebody from switzerland they created the train stations very nice. Has been a while since i went to rothenburg, but for the entire route, rivet clearly recreated a lot of the local scenery. I could remember the concrete stairs going from the station down to the highway, and they also created those.
    There is a lot of negative feedback about the scenery, which i cant share at all.

The flirt is looking good as with rivets other products. I can confirm when passing at high speed, the train ingame sounds exactly the same as the real olten flirt. In the slow speed and acceleration phase, it still needs a bit of a tweak.
    Technically its not a tsg level addon, but for sure way better than other rivet products.

I like the decision of going with a new feature, the etcs. Actually most players i think enjoy driving with safetysystems.

For the next dlc i recommend to also implement zub, or at least a basic version of it. When a player has the choice of the entire systems, it would become complete.

So actually my list of "bugs to fix" is actually small:

1. Headlights need definetly to be at least visible from the driver seat. Right now i cant see anything

2. I use a female driver. Actually my train and a.i trains dont have a driver inside the seat.

3. A.i pis fix. Rivet, dtg uses the technology well, so most a.i services are showing their destinations correct, also with loading in the middle of the 24h timetable mode. I suggest talking to adam, since many of your products have pis issues on the a.i service.

4. Not a bug, The platforms show a nice rain effect. Would be nice to have snow effects in winter. Doesnt mean to cover everything in snow, more like the effects made in "riesa dresden"

5. Coupling issue. After i decouple a flirt unit i cant recouple the train for some reason. Would be nice to have a fix for that. The flirt was tested for a combination with 4 flirt units and even in use of a "gtw" powerpack driven flirt. So really nice you implemented the coupling.

Finally, i want to give this route from rivet a 100% recommendation. Looking forward to more swiss content, or maybe an extension? ;)

• Like Like x 7
  5. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Yes it is fixes, it shows when u need to slow down

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

It improved a bit, but there are still a couple of more fixes required :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. robert_LH

robert_LH Member

Hey guys,

already tried the search function but to no avail....

How do I program the correct destination display on the train?
    And where do I turn on SIFA?

8. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

On the left side is a small display, you can either enter the code for the destination you find in the manual, or you navigate with the up and down arrows (buttons between the numbers and the small screen).
    You can't, there isn't any system similar to SIFA or DVD implemented.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Sprinter

Sprinter Well-Known Member

I agree its a very nice route and train. I bought it today after waiting a long time. On the first stream the train sounded not loud enough but there is allot of bass rumble! It drives great. The scenery is nice. Im surprised.

• Like Like x 2
  10. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I usually have to bump my sound up a couple of notches for TSW, however the 523 is one of the few trains I don’t.

The scenery is great, I love the escape from the city vibe you get, the gradual deterioration of urbanisation combined with an increasing speed limit toward sursee is a perfect combo. My favourite asset is the huge IKEA.

I think this route gets looked down on because of the length and small timetable, but I think Rivet have done something clever here, they captured a very addictive experience, and due to the way the service pattern is designed incorrectly, it actually works in its favour, because even with 112 services, you still pass 2-4 trains in just 15 miles.

Hopefully Rivet will add some loco action the route, the only thing it really needs is more rolling stock.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

I travelled on these trains several times and the bass rumble you mention has been very well captured by Rivet, the sounds on this loco are very accurate to the real thing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

However sounds are good, the circuit breaker buzzing still missing which is somewhat essential standing by the train. (when its standing still) Its immersion breaking and supposed to be fixed easily......... Headlights are ridiculous but thats another thing worth some more words cause clearly rivet does not understand the importance of it and game breaking for night driving. They said the real one has very weak headlights, which i can assure you from cabrides just a simple lie.
    I dont have much time, but i got an update, now theres horn outside as soon as i press it next to the train. Anywhere more than 30metres far it does not sound at all, only if you press beyond 30metres.

btw im agree that the sounds that had been captured are really accurate. But lot of essential sounds are missing.

ps.: i traveling on this train every day between BUD airport and Budapest Nyugati, and traveling with in the last 12 years, maybe i just get used to it too much and nitpicking. but cb sound and headlights are essential and absolutely missing. thats for sure.

Last edited: May 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Rutgerski

Rutgerski Active Member

ETCS and the headlights are still not fixed, right? Played the other day and ETCS kicked in late most of the times and a midnight run was just not fun because I couldn’t see. A shame because the train and the surroundings are great.

Is a fix on the way?

14. lorenz

lorenz Member

Driving with the ETCS on a 26 Km route (17 minutes without intermediate stops) must really be exciting and make you feel like a real train driver. And to say, then, that there are several large cities close to each other in Switzerland. Luzern-Zurich (52 Km) ~ Zurich-Konstanz (70 Km), Luzern-Aarau (50 Km) ~ Aarau-Basel (60 Km). But then, which trains do you think you will add on a 26 km section, Intercities and Eurocities? For me a route (beautiful) but dead in the bud exactly like Oakville-Hamilton.