PC Wheres The August Studio Update?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by keksman, Sep 4, 2018.

1. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

Not a single article got released since 2 weeks.
    Did DTG completely give up on trying to communicate with their community or whats going on?

2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It’s delayed, not cancelled.

• Like Like x 2
  3. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Delays happen, not everything can be on time, be patient.

• Like Like x 4
  4. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

Hi keksman.
    As others have said, the article has been delayed. There will be one, it's possible we'll be able to publish it next week.

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  5. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

Maybe Luke was enjoying a summer holiday? :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. pdxmark77

pdxmark77 Active Member

Apparently there is some good news to share with the next studio update, but they can’t talk about it at the moment, so the delay sounds like it might be a good thing.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Seems that a progress is not going as fast as we want.
    Now the question is: Do we get two studio updates at september? (I suppose that no)

Luke, can you tell if some other DLC content is in production alongside of mentioned route DLC's.
    New locomotives, cars , scenarios, etc...

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  8. TrainSim-Luke

The next 3 DLCs are in production. I can't go into detail on what they are yet.

• Like Like x 1
  9. solon

solon Active Member

3 DLC (?) good. Edit : i hope the same quality as Ruhr Sieg Nord, it's a very great DLC.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  10. TrainSim-Luke

Ruhr Sieg Nord very much set the bar for us, but we're aiming for better :D

• Like Like x 9
  11. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Thank you for answer Luke.
    Hope for some Addon DLC in future. (or new North America Freight Route)

12. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd take a route editor or steam locomotive, but that's just me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

While a route editor would be nice - I am looking forward to a scenario editor with a bit more anticipation. The Workshop scenarios have kept TS201X alive for me for many years - the very creative community have provided use with some very realistic, challenging and enjoyable times. The ability for the skillful community members to be able to create and share their works with the rest of us is what I look forward to the most for TSW.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Not good news :-( This going to be very expensive and I did not complete all RSN services yet, can you please slow down a bit? :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Anthony Pecoraro

Haha!

16. keksman

Could you give us an update on that please? Its been more than 2 weeks:/
    Could you also provide us some information about the next update for the pc version?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Still waiting.. I love these updates ...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

You know customer relations have hit the buffers when people are wanting updates on the updates! :D

• Like Like x 5
  19. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

It really is poor how the August Studio Update was said to have a slight delay ‘for a good reason’, which was said 2 weeks ago, and since then we have not heard a single thing about it.

Top communication from DTG as per...

At this rate, I’d be surprise to hear something about it before the end of the month.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Lombra

Lombra Well-Known Member

When a monthly update gets delayed by one month I think you've misunderstood what "monthly" means. :)

That being said, I'm not that bothered if one month is missing, but just say there won't be an update for August.

21. Fabrizio520

Fabrizio520 Guest

After what happened with Flight Sim World and, with the (almost) total lack of a development diary for TSW (it seems to disappear from the radar periodically), and furthermore with the unexpected development of TS64-bit, how can a customer trust DTG?:|

• Like Like x 1
  22. Maxxxxx

Maxxxxx Well-Known Member

So you shouldn´t trust DTG anymore because they updated one of their Games? Also: From what ive heared FSW died because of its few active players and not because DTG decided to just quit developing it..

• Like Like x 1
  23. Fabrizio520

Fabrizio520 Guest

Ok dear boy, but even the prolonged silences about development can drive customers away. For example: do they have a date for the editor? So DTG does not know if the publisher will arrive in a month, six months, a year, ten years?
    I am a customer who spent money for TSW and believed in it. Then DTG must committed to developing a product worthy of that name.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Maxxxxx

I agree that they should say more and update us with the progress of the editor, but its much better to keep things a little secret than just giving a release date they cant hold in and delay it. Even more Fans would pissed

• Like Like x 2
  25. flamingoodmedia

flamingoodmedia Member

... there's a LOT of hope & faith put into these 'tools' when they arrive ... but I'd like to keep an open mind & not hope for too much ... consider route making, it takes DTG & a team an age to make a route, months, if not a year plus ... so would a route/world editor be the fairy-godmother of tools that users would want ? perhaps if Armstrong Powerhouse, Just Trains or any commercial route maker of old had access to some comemrcial route/world editor that would make sense ... but for the everyday (PC only) user what they should bring us is at least ... a scenario editor, allowing for all owned stock from any route, and any starting point, siding, industry, depot or station to be utilised with some kind of timetable connection & ability to schedule in some AI ... maybe the scenarios could be loaded to Steam Workshop (subject to stock requirements) and along with that scenario editor some kind of repaint studio or repaint template, and a way to bring those into the game and maybe upload to Steam Workshop ... as a side it would be nice to be able to use any train on any route (that you own) at any time ... maybe some kind of rolling stock gallery, cater for the 'collection' element ? Of course it would be good for home users to get route building tools, but I fear there's a lot of hope & hype into getting something that would make many a user run for the hills due to time it might take to make anything & sheer complexity of route building in the UE4 engine ...

... only my own thoughts but thinking that it takes DTG such a long time to get routes out (fairplay to them) it would be useful for commercial 3rd parties to get a tier of tools for making routes & home users to get tools they can realistically make use of :)

• Like Like x 3
  26. Fabrizio520

Fabrizio520 Guest

Program progress should be made in a reasonable amount of time.
    But are we talking about a software house or an amateur product created in lost time?

• Like Like x 1
  27. londonmidland

I know DTG are making a ‘friendlier’ version of the UE editor but access to the standard editor should really have been made available to us, or at least third parties. With all the time that has gone by since release of the game, considerable progress could’ve been made by now.

Bus Simulator 2018 uses Unreal Engine 4 which allows users to modify buses, create new maps and routes and share them via the Steam Workshop out the box. Why should this be any different for Train Sim World?

What’s your excuse DTG?

• Like Like x 1
  28. Maxxxxx

I agree. They could have done better with the editor, but you should keep in mind that DTG cant just focus on the editor. If they would have only been working on the editor the last years we wouldn´t
    have gotten the DLCs we have now, there wouldnt have been a Console Version etc. DTG hast to bring some variety to the game otherwise people would slowly stop playing the game..

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  29. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

This isn’t about the editor, it’s about the updates as it was promised we would have a better line of communication with the new community manager who is as silent as the last.

• Like Like x 10
  30. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Cards in Bus Simulator 18 ???
    I do not want to contradict you, but there is only one, in the workshop, and the author did say that the publisher was a real gas plant ....

31. londonmidland

Regardless of who the community manager is, nothing will change if the people high up in the company don’t want any information being given away.

It’s almost as if this is a top secret operation, which devastating consequences will happen if anyone opens their mouths.

• Like Like x 11
  32. TrainSim-Luke

I promised better communication. I didn't promise to leak info before it's public.
    The article is delayed. Can I tell you what the article is about or why it's delayed? No, that's not public info at this time. Can I tell you when it'll be released? No. Best to see it as on hold until further notice.
    Delays happen. Plans change. Things get cancelled. That's just how it is.

• Like Like x 7
  33. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

But I'm sure you understand that "Hey, we tried things but they didn't work out, so unfortunately you're going to have to wait" is better than "......................................................................................................................................."

34. QO1922

QO1922 Member

What happened?

35. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

He answered this...

36. keksman

Did anybody ask for leaks? Did I ask about what the article is about or why it is delayed? Just a simple "Sorry, might take a little longer for the article to arrive" or "Sorry, the article for the month _____ has been cancelled" is all Im asking for

37. Edds

Edds New Member

Keksman,

The first: “may take a little longer” has been communicated several times now both on the forums as other outlets.

The studio update itself isn’t cancelled but simply delayed but this concept seems to be hard to grasp for some forum and/or soc. Media outlets.

Everyone just sit tight I’m sure we’ll get our update soon! :)

Edds

• Like Like x 3
  38. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Thats basicly what he is saying sorry its delayed i can't give more info. So what more do you want?

39. TrainSim-Luke

Technically, you did. Here:
    Since we haven't announced anything about a PC update yet, that is asking me to leak info.

40. Fabrizio520

Fabrizio520 Guest

In the end. Does DTG not offer content and improvements? Well, I save my money and DTG does not earn.
    Dearest greetings.;)

• Like Like x 1
  41. keksman

That was one of the two questions I had. Feel free to ignore it to answer the one the thread was opened for. Other than that a simple "we haven't announced anything about a PC update yet" would have been enough too, like its really not a lot Im asking for. Thats just simple communication

42. NekoNina

NekoNina Well-Known Member

Well, Luke said that the article is delayed and I think that should be enough info.
    He is not allowed to tell you why.
    What do you want to know more?

• Like Like x 3
  43. londonmidland

From what I have read, it sounds like there’s have been some underlying issues with the editor and/or update and it has been delayed until further notice.

Nothing we can do but wait unfortunately.

In the meantime, I think I will stop playing TSW and go back to TS, once 64-bit has been released, and see how things pan out for TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Maxxxxx

Thats just speculation at this point, and with postings like this the rumors start to spread again

• Like Like x 2
  45. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I downvoted Luke's message. I do not appreciate this style of communication. Remember, we are fans of this product and a bit more openness would serve DTG well I think.

• Like Like x 3
  46. Anthony Pecoraro

There are just some things that they cannot say yet.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Seems people have lost the art of patients, there is nothing we can do at this time but wait for them. They have their reasons for not saying anything, and we cannot control and or change that.

I am content with just waiting until they're ready to release the update. It is obvious that things are not working the way they want, so they need more time to make things right. This happens all the time, in my line of work I face some of the same issues as we're seeing here.

• Like Like x 2
  48. londonmidland

The main problem here isn’t necessary the lack of communication, but what can and cannot be discussed with us, which is very little at the moment.

I think if this company was more open to the public, aka its customers, and not so secretive about everything, people would be a lot more understanding and patient.

It’s like waiting for your train, which is delayed, but there’s no reason to why it is delayed. That is what annoys people.

• Like Like x 6
  49. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say the communication is any better that it previously was, neither was anyone asking you to leak infomation. A potential customer asking for infomation about your future products, in anticipation of purchasing them, is not someone asking you to leak information. I think that's a daft thing to say, especially as you've chosen to direct the accusation towards a potential customer.

So there was something planned for the August update and it's not ready to be revealed yet, fine, but I refuse to believe there is nothing you can reveal. I work in games development and in any dev team there's always someone excited to chat about what they're doing or what they have done. It doesn't have to commercially sensitive to be interesting. Even if it's just general interest, perhaps an article on the art pipeline you have for asset creation in UE4, or maybe an interview with someone on the staff about the development of the previous DLC. Just something to keep the community engaged between the bigger updates.

• Like Like x 7
  50. londonmidland

No one is asking you to ‘leak information’, as we aren’t asking for what future DLC will be or anything like that.

We are just asking for a reason as to why the Studio Update is delayed. To say it is delayed and to give no information or reason to why it is delayed is simply unacceptable. Even a very simple explanation will do.

This isn’t a top secret MI5 operation, where every operation has to be done out of the public eye.

Though what I do understand is that this could be totally out of your control, and is probably as frustrating to you as it is to us for not being to share any information. This is one thing I despise about DTG, how secretive everything has to be and locked behind closed doors.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1