Road Map

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SBos, Apr 29, 2022.

1. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Tuesday, May 3rd - Train Sim World 2 Roadmap - JD, Matt, Adam
    Join us to discuss the Roadmap update, and the big talking points in the Train Sim World 2 community.

Only 1 big talking point. When are we going to see progress on the major issues with the game. The last 2 updates virtually only dealt with newly released routes that yet again were released with major issues.

What the community want is to actually see updates for the major existing issues that have not been resolved for months and months with just “we’re working on it and feel your frustrations” being the only action we have seen.

When will London Commuter be fixed, when will the download limit on PS5 be sorted are just 2 of the major issues.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

I do remember them doing an article not long ago mentioning the progress of the ps5 download limit

3. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Look here:
    PS5 fix is still a long ways away it would seem.

4. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

This is completely different to what Matt said during the Roadmap stream that addressed the community feedback about DTG’s poor performance at which he said the fix would be soon.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
  5. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

This is the only thing I really dislike about this forum: taking everything one person from DTG says as Gospel.

Matt can say "it'll be fixed soon" however complications can happen, or members of teams can be needed on other tasks, etc, which push it from "Soon" to "Distant".

The PS5 DLC Limit is due to Sony imposing a limit which Dovetail don't know how to get around in a reasonable way. Matt said on the last stream the mounting idea has been put to the side, iirc. Or London Commuter Fixes - they've been promised but it's one hell of a task. Who are any of us to demand it be released soon without the relevant insight or understanding of what's going on behind the scenes that could be preventing that happening.

It may seem like they're just all talk, however unless you have the ability to safely say "yeah they aren't working on it, they don't care", I would just be patient...

• Like Like x 4
  6. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Well yet somebody else who thinks DTG are doing their best with the major issues.

Yes Sony did impose the limit but DTG were made aware of it even before the console was released but didn’t read the information sent to them properly in fact Matt admitted they missed it.

Then you mention London Commuter issues then perhaps you agree that it was released in an acceptable state.

Unbelievable.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

No profit in fixes, just new routes, if the community is prepared to buy rushed not properly tested, substandard day one releases then nothing will ever change unfortunately, voting with your wallet will either force DTG to up their game or break them, I voted with my wallet long ago and nothing has really changed

• Like Like x 1
  8. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Well if they aren't trying the only other option is rolling over and not trying. Doing their best ≠ getting it right. Not always, unfortunately.

Well clearly they made a mistake. Granted, for PS5 Users it's a critical mistake, however a mistake nonetheless. I would imagine tommorow's roadmap will provide a bit of an update on affairs when it comes to PS5.

I initially got it in October, not too long after it's release. I was still on Xbox One S and I literally couldn't go in or out of Victoria or Brighton without crashes. And if I did make it out of Victoria, the moment I moved my camera too suddenly or entered external camera, it crashed.

On Xbox Series X, however, there are virtually no issues, bar the timetable issues, which unfortunately are a symptom of having such an extensive timetable that Joe provided.

Well, I do apologise for having a different point of view...

9. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

DTG are not doing much on major issues, London Commuter has been a disaster area since the release date and they still haven't fixed the gameplay issues, instead they use their time fixing sound and paint issues, it's no wonder that people are disillusioned with the progress.

10. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Well, it's great that it works flawlessly (in regards to optimization) on 9th gen consoles. But it was also released on 8th gen consoles. It's not crashing now when you start to look around your cab or go outside, but still having 17-20 FPS on average on whole drive from London Victoria to Brighton and vice versa makes it hardly playable. And that's still 6 months after it was released. So how should I feel about DTG publishing new DLC almost every month after London Commuter release while up to today BML route is still not playable? That they were doing their best to fix it?
    No, they were not. They were focused on producing more content. Now, maybe they are about to change their course for a while and focus on fixing some major issues, like optimization of Rush Hours DLCs on 8th gen consoles.
    But will they manage to do it in reasonable amount of time? I hope so, but they would have to optimize it from current 17-20 FPS to 35-40, so basically doubled it to equal it to the optimization standard of their other DLCs for 8th gen to make the play comfortable and enjoyable. And for that I have serious doubts they will manage.
    And if they will fail to optimize it, then a lot of customers will be left with product they are not able to use and not able to claim refund for being unusable.
    And how will that testify about the company?

They need to feel responsible for what they're delivering to the customer. I'm sure they will fix red lights issue, LIRR sound issue, PS5 profile transfer, XBOX X sound issue and probably even DLC limit on PS5.
    But Rush Hour on 8th gen, well - I can wait another 6 months for they optimization to happend, but only if it will happend. Otherwise, if DTG assume it will take to much time and effort to fix it, they should remove Rush Hour DLCs from TSW2 offer for PS4, appologize the customers and offer a refund, just like CD Project did with Cyberpunk 2077.
    Then I would feel they have respect for their customers and are responsible for their product.

Last edited: May 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  11. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

I really would like to hear from Adam, when it would be possible for some work to be done on Clinchfield?

CRR could really use some signalling and timetable work.. I also would really appreciate an expansion to CRR's scenario planner, as it stands custom scenarios on Clinchfield are really limited in terms of what you can do.

• Like Like x 1
  12. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I'm curious if they fixed the audio issues on the LIRR M7

• Like Like x 1
  13. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Not yet

• Like Like x 1