Rainbow Container On Horseshoe

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WonterRail, May 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, do you remember the Trans-painted container that appeared in Sherman Hill? Well, I recently discovered on Horseshoe that there is another LGBTQ+ painted container that shows up on the intermodal services, but this one is painted in rainbow colours:
    [​IMG]
    If you are wondering about the black and brown on top of the rainbow colours, I did some digging on this and found out that the reason they are they is because this is the colours of Philadelphia's pride flag, which added the two colours on top to represent people of colour in the LGBTQ+ community. If you want to read more into this, I've put a link down below to an article which explains this in more depth:

https://www.inquirer.com/philly-tips/philadelphia-pride-flag-20210612.html

So yeah, something interesting to look out for on Horseshoe and maybe, something new that you may have learnt today about the colours shown here.

• Like Like x 15
  2. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Saw if also.

3. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

This container also came with Sherman Hill, but only in SD40-2 consists in Scenario Editor services.

It's not a new container, just more copy and paste from SHG.

4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of games making political statements.

• Like Like x 22
  5. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

what politics does a rainbow container relate to? it's not exactly harming anyone.

• Like Like x 8
  6. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

RAINBPW.png

There is a prototype for this one, albeit it with out Maersk logos on it, so as it appears in real life I'm happy to see it recreated in game. No difference to the Trainbow really.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Blacknred81

The Maersks ones are 40ft and 20ft though, not 53ft. There is also hardly any of them. Not very prototypical if they appear on every damn consist in the same spot every time.

• Like Like x 3
  8. redrev1917

What harm does it do really?
    Is it really something to get upset about?

• Like Like x 4
  9. solicitr

I'm hardly upset, just think it's unnecessary.

• Like Like x 10
  10. redrev1917

It should be unnecessary, but sadly in the world we live, it is necessary.

• Like Like x 13
  11. Blacknred81

Just my personal preference. Would rather see actual IRL liveries be focused on (UP 1979 would be a good candidate if DTG ever made an SD70M.)

• Like Like x 5
  12. redrev1917

That would be an awesome livery to see in game.

• Like Like x 1
  13. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

I dont see any politics in this. LMBTQ and politics has nothing to do with each other... At least it shouldn't.
    Im happy to see things like this, but also would be happy to see other rare liveries.

• Like Like x 6
  14. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

Just your typical run-of-the-mill "virtue signalling" that's in vogue these days. Call me a "closet case", but as a bi/gay guy who tries not to make a big deal about his sexuality (it's my business after all), I don't want to be associated with LGBT or any other "identity politics" movement or claim that it "represents" me. We aren't (well, most of us) aren't living in Russia or China, so we have things pretty good I reckon.

Anyway, there was a similar thread about this last year, and it was shortly closed down, so I expect the same to happen here.

• Like Like x 4
  15. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I’m hoping we can include the following containers soon whilst maintaining a “zero politics on forum, suck it up in game approach” as currently

Greenpeace
    Insulate Britain
    Global fund for women
    Etc etc

Personally, if it’s a fantastical design, leave it for creators club so people have a choice what they’re viewing.

• Like Like x 7
  16. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

At this point I feel a bit like Clint Eastwood in In The Line Of Fire, “Where’s the club for over 50 heterosexual white males who play the piano.” Except I don’t play the piano…

As I said previously it just seems a bit of virtue signalling and agenda pushing by someone, presumably at a fairly senior level to get it approved, within DTG. Why not a container for BLM or Greta, where does it stop?

It certainly doesn’t encourage me personally to spend £25 on the route when I can put that money into Run 8 where such societal messages are not promoted by their content.

• Like Like x 11
  17. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

Damn it! I just got used to LGBTQ, what's the M for? (I could hazard a guess, but not on this forum...)
    :)

18. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I like when DTG does collaborations with TOCs to get realistic liveries like this, for example Trainbow, and have no doubt we will get the rainbow Thameslink as whenever will get a Thameslin train.

Realism should always be the n.1 priority on this simulator IMO, having coloured containers in TSW will not change anything in the world, and DTG can show their support to this (right IMO) cause in a way that doesn't directly affect realism (again: Trainbow and Thameslink or promoting pride liveries on the CC).

If those were 20ft Maersk containers without the branding that had a small percentage of showing up I'd have no problems with it...

If you care so much about this let people repaint containers in container cars, I have no doubt hundreds of similar designs will show up on CC, and you can have them as "featured" designs so they are always in the front page.

• Like Like x 1
  19. redrev1917

Biggest problem Ive got with creators club is the frequency, I downloaded the Orient Red livery for the DB143 but found it was appearing on every other 143 in the game. I imagine with containers its even worst and you'd end up with a rake made up of 90% rainbow containers.

If only there was a way to set a spawn rate of content and even route specific, for example I want the Rainbow containers to appear 1% of the time on Sand Patch but never on HSC and 5% on Dresden Riesa.

• Like Like x 3
  20. chieflongshin

I cant help but think that we had a choice to opt in to dynamic advertising. Why not dynamic agenda containers. I don't mean to be small minded but why is it ok to put these on containers. Someone put a "Z" or other symbols on things and see how quick that dialect gets shut down here and internally.

It's bias diversity.

Now - I have a transistioning family member so I'm not fussed about the concept, meanings behind it, but for gods sake why do they keep putting this in the game. I'd rather have a container telling me the meat I ate yesterday has killed 1million people, created xxx tonnes of carbon etc. Always something being forced upon you under the guise of "it's diverse"

I agree with OldVern last post too. I specifically recall DTG not wanting to put adverts up about COVID because they did not want people to see it, this however is different for some reason.

I like the trainbow liveries, I think they're awesome, I do not like these stupid unrealistic containers (whether or not I see them from the cab).

Last edited: May 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 11
  21. redrev1917

Theres a million miles difference between acknowledging LGBT+ community and celebrating diversity and a Vegan advert on the lines you describe.

If the LGBT+ containers was trying to convert you then youd have a fair comparision, but it isnt, so it isnt.

• Like Like x 1
  22. chieflongshin

I see your point. I also see no Z's, 40's military insignia, religious markings, symbolic or otherwise on containers to simply raise my awareness of these things. Why these?

Being diverse is about celebrating everyone's own individualism which I am for so I'm curious what the decision making process is, surely the same could be applied to a Christian cross, a Buddhist, Islam or Sikh symbol.

What makes this one that DTG want to keep pushing out the door, can we have religious symbols on the next route please?

• Like Like x 7
  23. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

It's also actually a pretty poor reflection on DTG that they give presumably significant management time to this, while the game continues to suffer multiple issues - broken save feature, backed up PresCrew updates, lighting problems, sound shortcomings etc., etc.

Maybe a searching question needs to be asked on the next Stream?

• Like Like x 4
  24. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

That's a general livery designer limitation... people have complained about it for ages, hopefully it comes with Livery Designer 2.0, if that comes before the heat death of the universe that is.

• Like Like x 1
  25. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

LOL sry, it's LGBTQ just in hungarian. I didn't notice I wrote it in the hungarian form my bad :D

• Like Like x 3
  26. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

Lol. Saw this thread and popped in to find exactly what I expected. All y'all need to live and let live.

• Like Like x 9
  27. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

All of the things you have quoted are exclusionary
    The flag is supposed to be inclusive

• Like Like x 3
  28. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Personally I am ok with liveries like these if they are there in real life. So for instance the trainbow livery is fine because it is on the Class 395 012 in real life. But if a rainbow livery is not there in real life, then it shouldn't be implemented or at the very least, give players the option to have liveries like that turned on or off if they don't exist in real life.

I have no hate against the LGBTQ community. My girlfriend is bisexual and before we met and dated she had a girlfriend and I have a friend who is gay so I do support the community.

The LGBTQ community has been a political talking point here recently in the the United States when the Governor of the State Of Florida signed into state law the "Parental Rights in Education" bill or the "Don't say gay" bill as named by critics which barres the teaching of sexual orientation and gender identity from Pre-K to third grade in elementary schools and will allow parents to sue schools for damages and legal fees for breaking this law. This has sparked controversy for a number of reasons. Some states are looking to implement similar laws.

Look as I said I have no issue if these liveries are in the game if they exist in real life like the trainbow. But if they don't then they either shouldn't be added or give players the option to have it on or off and control how often they can be seen. I play video games to escape the problems and political issues of the real world and not to be reminded of them.

They didn't want to have passengers wear masks or have references of covid. But they are ok with adding unrealistic trainbow liveries to trains or containers that don't have them in reality. It's just clear agenda bias. I am seriously not a fan of poltical positions in video games. Anyone can play the game regardless of how they identify. We don't need to add inclusive liveries really to make someone feel welcome especially since you would be playing this game by yourself anyways. I wonder if DTG will add religious symbols on trains as well.

Before some extremely sensitive DTG employee decides to tell people to simply ignore the liveries or lock the thread for no reason, I hope they actually listen to feedback and perhaps suggest to the people who release these liveries to routes to perhaps in the future if these liveries aren't there in real life but want to add them anyways to give players the option to have it enabled or disabled as I think that is a good compromise. I like trainbow liveries but I wouldn't want to have it in places where it doesn't exist in reality just to send a message or make a political statement

• Like Like x 9
  29. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

I didn't think we'd be in a world where a rainbow slapped on a shipping container was too 'real world' for some people but here we are

• Like Like x 4
  30. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

I think these are very important signs of support. It's good to raise awareness that after years and years of struggle there are still groups of people who are segragated, denied rights, bullied and just mistreated on a daily basis solely because of their sexual orientation and identity. It's a symbol of support, recognition and inclusivity. That there are some who find such symbols offensive just shows how important they are in the first place.

• Like Like x 5
  31. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

touch grass, it's not a political statement

• Like Like x 5
  32. chieflongshin

Do we not have Russian players anymore?

Are the people that don't want to see these in games being excluded ? I will again draw attention to the fact someone close to me is in this flagged community so there is no exclusion on my part, I just question how something has been chosen and why over other causes

• Like Like x 1
  33. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

It always amazes me how triggered people get by a simple rainbow ffs.

Get a life!

• Like Like x 5
  34. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

[removed - JD - inflammatory]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2022
  35. Tank621

It's fine though because they have a gay friend or two :|

• Like Like x 4
  36. solicitr

I'm not bothered, triggered, upset or anything else, nor do I have the least problem with gay people. I am however nonplussed by people insisting that a political statement isn't a political statement (not to mention objecting to the commonsense business observation that a train game ought to steer clear of political controversies). I would have the same issue if the game included a car or billboard reading "Vote Labour/Tory."

• Like Like x 12
  37. tallboy7648

I was expecting the sensitive people to show up eventually. I'm not bothered or triggered. You can't just act like a political statement is somehow not a political statement. Unless your ok with having politics in your games which is fine but understand why people may not want to be constantly reminded about real world problems or poltics when playing a video game that's supposed to take your mind off politics.

38. Tank621

Says the person complaining about a shipping container.

All I'm saying is, if you say you support the LGBTQ+ community yet find the inclusion of a flag too much of a hardship for you to deal with as every so often you might think about the struggles queer people face every day then it immediately tells me your support doesn't exactly count for much in slightest.

• Like Like x 5
  39. redrev1917

For the last time equality is not and should not be a political statement.

If certain sections of the political spectrum in certain parts of the world want to make it political, then that says a hell of a lot about them.

• Like Like x 17
  40. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

love isn't a political issue, now go outside xx

• Like Like x 9
  41. tallboy7648

Oh I am certainly not sensitive and I did say that I don't mind them as long as it is there in real life. I guess I've must've triggered a few nerves. I do not play video games to be reminded about political issues or problems in the world. Adding pride flags shouldn't even be necessary because anyone who plays this game or any game should feel included regardless of sexual orientation. But because people can be so sensitive, companies feel the need to satisfy a minority of people, and the issue becoming extremely polarizing and political we have to constantly be shoved with things that don't need to be in a video game to make one side happy or not get cancelled so to speak. You don't need a pride flag to feel included in a video game. A person should feel included regardless. Does a person really need to see pride flags to feel included in a game which is manily focused on driving trains. It's not like you have the option to play with other people anyways and even so, they wouldn't even know if your lgbtq unless you told them. I'm a person of color but I wouldn't want to see BLM flags in the game

I have donated to many lgbtq organizations so you shouldn't question my support of the community just because I want video games to steer clear from political issues that don't need to be there in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Blacknred81

And this thread has taken a downward spiral into insults and name calling...

Inb4 lock.

• Like Like x 3
  43. tallboy7648

It shouldn't be but unfortunately in certain parts of the world it has become political

44. solicitr

Tell me: in your opinion, would "Abolish the House of Lords and the peerage" be a political statement? It is, after all, a call for equality.

• Like Like x 4
  45. Tank621

See the thing is, inclusivity and human rights should not be a controversial issue and the only way for it to stop being controversial is for it to be normalised. This, in a small way makes it seem just a little more normal to the world. It's not just the big gestures that solve societal issues but small gestures being made by many people go a long way to making the world a safer place for people to be themselves.

• Like Like x 8
  46. redrev1917

What an absolute desperate question to even ask, you really are clutching at straws now. Any proposed change to the UK political system is of course political because it's a change to the UK politician system.

What a rediculous question.

• Like Like x 5
  47. Tank621

Is calling for completely changing Britain's political system more inherently political than showing support for a minority group? Gee, tough question, I've got no ideas for that one.

• Like Like x 2
  48. solicitr

Hmm. You were the one who asserted that anything to do with "equality" was beyond the merely political. Perhaps your definition is a trifle broad?

• Like Like x 2
  49. solicitr

So you are asserting that "showing support for a minority group" transcends the political? Or, rather, are you attempting to claim it as a self-evident truth as a way of brushing away any potential opposing view?

So, for example: would you consider a Black Lives Matter flag non-political?

• Like Like x 2
  50. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

I feel like the rainbow became large enough to have transcended politics a long time ago. It's something that means a lot to a lot of people and harms absolutely nobody. I have no problem with it being in the game.

• Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.