Rainbow Container On Horseshoe

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WonterRail, May 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

[removed - JD - inflammatory]

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I mean, if DTG really wanted to, why not do it in a more realistic way, like adding it to the front of someone's house on a route, where it is more realistic, rather on a container, where it really isn't fitting and out of place?

• Like Like x 6
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I'm not even British. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Something is only political if you want the law/political system to change on a certain subject.

Thankfully in the UK we don't need any new laws or a change in our political system because the LGBTQ community is already protected and legally have the same equal rights as a heterosexual, and any member of that community who wishes to do so can stand for election as some do already successfully. What the LGBTQ flag is doing is raising awareness that despite their legal rights they still face discrimination in the work place (as an example) and are more likely to be attacked indiscriminately simple for existing than a heterosexual.

The working class isn't viewed as a minority protected group under UK law and if you wanted that to be changed and for the working class to have more representation in the 2nd house, then yes the law/political system would need to be changed so yea any campaign group for that cause would by definition be political.

It's really not difficult to see there's a stark difference between the LGBTQ flag and a campaign in game to end the house of Lords, surely?

Last edited: May 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  5. solicitr

Do you mean therefore that those who wish to maintain the status quo are not political? If so, then by your argument when in 1967 Parliament debated the bill repealing the Offences Against The Person Act 1861, under which inter alia Oscar Wilde and Alan Turing had been convicted, those arguing for the continuing criminalisation of homosexuality were non-political.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

My dad never voted Tory after they privatised British Rail, he hated them for that. That is political.

7. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I kind of just hope when this thread gets locked and we’re told to take this off the forum (ok to stay in game of course) that someone asks why these are put into game over any other cause and if we can change to something different on containers next time like star wars

• Like Like x 3
  8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

What's being Russian got to do with it? Not all Russians are in favour of what's going on so lumping in a category of people isn't really helpful.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Paying bare-minimum lip service is fantastic PR, because the profits are not sacrificed and the attention is outrageous. Capital has no ulterior motive.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  10. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

They may as well just put Black Lives matter logos or All lives matter. Perhaps religious logos should also be put in the game since they are ok with putting pride symbols in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  11. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I don’t care what colour the containers are but I wish they would explain or fix the super light intermodal trains :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  12. chieflongshin

Similarly lumping everyone in or out of scope of liking this symbology is no different is it?

• Like Like x 1
  13. redrev1917

This symbol (the LGBTQ flag) is a symbol of compassion, equality, unity and solidarity.
    If you oppose the symbol you oppose equal rights. No debate this is a fact.
    Only an oppressor can find issue with such a symbol.

• Like Like x 4
  14. chieflongshin

Again , a close family member is transitioning and I have been supporting them through that. I don't have any objection for the symbol. I simply question

why is this agenda being pushed in game
    Why aren't others being pushed
    Who decided it

I would ask the same questions if religious symbols or others were used. If this was a bogey the wrong way round people wouldn't be questioned let's be honest

• Like Like x 5
  15. redrev1917

Equal rights is now an agenda? Wow have you heard yourself?

Another one added to the ignore list.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I wonder how long it would take for a 'Get Brexit Done' or 'Trump 2020' reskin to be taken down from the Creator's Club? Y'know, since we're talking about DTG and politics.

• Like Like x 5
  17. redrev1917

Trump Supporters and Brexiters (or remainers for that matter) arent at risk to be attacked in streets just for holding hands with their loved one, they arent at risk of being discriminated in the work place (well if you are a Trump supporter who was caught raiding the WH then you might lose your job but thats because of your criminal action not your political belief)

• Like Like x 3
  18. chieflongshin

Andy, you're misconstruing the use of the word agenda. I am not suggesting equal rights are not important so please don't twist this. I am simply asking what makes something be chosen over another.

I in no way feel any person is better than another regardless of any protected characteristics. Every person, you included , have equal status to be individual

• Like Like x 1
  19. solicitr

...aaaand he completes the predictable argument. "I am SO very right, so ineffably Correct, that anyone who disagrees with my opinion - no, Fact - is necessarily a villain or a dullard, or both."

• Like Like x 4
  20. redrev1917

I am rarely right but on this there is no debate, either you support inclusion or you support division and hate. Its not something you can sit on the fence on. Its black and white.

And another added to the ignore list.

• Like Like x 2
  21. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I am not lumping anyone in with anyone. That's the basis of choice which I am all for.
    No doubt someone will now come back with "Well I didn't choose to have this in game"...

22. tallboy7648

I think you may have misinterpreted the word agenda.

23. redrev1917

Which Oxford Dictionary definition of agenda would you claim he was using?

agenda
    Pronunciation /əˈdʒɛndə/ See synonyms for agenda
    Translate agenda into Spanish

[paste:font size="4"]NOUN

• 1A list of items to be discussed at a formal meeting.

‘the question of nuclear weapons had been removed from the agenda’
      1. 1.1A plan of things to be done or problems to be addressed.

‘he vowed to put jobs at the top of his agenda’
      2. 1.2The underlying intentions or motives of a particular person or group.

‘Miller has his own agenda and it has nothing to do with football’
    • 2North American An appointment diary.

‘Alter people's agendas so that no two contain any common item.’
    Usage
    Although agenda is the plural of agendum in Latin, in standard modern English it is normally used as a singular noun with a standard plural form (agendas). See also data and media

Phrases

• on the agenda
      • 1Scheduled for discussion at a meeting.

‘the rights of minorities would be high on the agenda at the conference’
        1. 1.1Likely or needing to be dealt with or done.

‘his release was not on the agenda’
      set the agenda
      • 1Draw up a list of items to be discussed at a meeting.
        1. 1.1Influence or determine a programme of action.

‘he has set the agenda for future work in this field’
    Origin

• Like Like x 1
  24. solicitr

And this is why game studios shouldn't include controversies.

• Like Like x 7
  25. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

DTG JD sorry for ping but might want to lock this thread before it turns even more

• Like Like x 1
  26. tallboy7648

And why should this thread be locked exactly?

• Like Like x 1
  27. redrev1917

It's not controversal unless you you have an issue with LGBTQ existing and breathing the same air as you.

• Like Like x 3
  28. tallboy7648

Some people would find brexit done or Trump 2020 logos inclusive so it would be odd for dtg to take down those symbols since they are inclusive for some...right?

29. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

Oh my god, a rainbow coulored container, let's write long threads about it ;) So, what is the next mystery german route?

• Like Like x 2
  30. tallboy7648

To be fair, the door was left wide open ;)

31. evolution33192

evolution33192 Member

Train sim woke simulator.

There's absolutely no need for this in a train game. It has nothing to do with transphobia, it's just not relevant.

• Like Like x 7
  32. Rybnicki

Rybnicki Well-Known Member

Really nice to see little things like this in the game. As a queer person living in a country where the community is forced into shadow, it's a great comfort to see products made in other countries where that sort of thing is normalised and open. Sometimes you come home from having heard someone driving round calling all homosexuals paedophiles through a loud hailer, load up a train sim to relax, and it makes things better for a bit. Having representation in that sim? Just amazing!

It's no secret that the train fan community is very queer too, so with the huge crossover it's no surprise to see rainbow and trans rights flags around. Maybe someone could write "straight white men are welcome too" on a container to avoid hurting feelings though, we need to remember the more sensitive community members;)

• Like Like x 7
  33. tallboy7648

These symbols aren't really relevant in a train simulator though unless it's there in reality. We don't need to put symbols or political statements in a game to make someone feel welcome especially since your not playing with other people. People who play this game should feel welcomed regardless of how they identify. Adding these symbols that aren't there in real life is just unnecessary and frankly should just be option to have it on or off. That shouldn't be difficult to have as a option if it makes people feel comfortable to have them or make them happy, then a player can have it on. If a person doesn't want to see it, then they can have it off. I do understand why a person would like to see video games show support which isn't a bad thing of course but once a company makes a position clear, I don't think a company needs to bombard all players with the same symbols again and again hence why I think it would be good to have an option to have something like that optional unless it is there in reality.

Last edited: May 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  34. Rybnicki

Ok, you're annoyed at rainbows and that's valid, but it's one container which you wouldn't have noticed without this thread, not a "bombardment". There's nothing political about a rainbow flag, as has been explained to you upstream, certainly no more so than an American flag on a train! I already addressed the relevance part, and as for removing content like this? I rather think Dovetail banning LGBT symbols would be a decidedly more political stance than ignoring or allowing them, don't you? It's a little, hardly noticeable thing that makes people happy, live and let live!

• Like Like x 1
  35. Blacknred81

At least the US flag on the train is actually correct, since that is Union Pacific's current image.

Outside of the few Maersk containers that exist. None are painted with any flags on it.

As I have stated earlier in this thread, DTG should of done it differently, either as a scenery object on a route (Which would make sense, as this does happen IRL) Or focus on getting actual real life liveries in game (Like UP1979, Or maybe try and get a license from Maersk.).

• Like Like x 5
  36. Rybnicki

It doesn't have either of those currently though, and Maersk seem not to want to licence their brand, but in the meantime it does have a rainbow trailer. I don't think there are actually adverts for LONDON: The Musical on the Bakerloo Line, funny how that lack of realism was less of a concern, isn't it? Anyway, it is probably here to stay, unlike this thread, so it would probably be worth making your peace with it and whatever reasons make you dislike its presence. What a pity that a thread opening with someone just happy to see a nice thing turned into a bunch of people who swear they don't have any problem with gay people, and even know one, but are nevertheless irrationally angry at rainbows. Sad.

37. tallboy7648

First of all, I don't think dovetail should remove the content. I've said that it would be better to give players the option to have it on or off if it 's not on the train in real life. There is nothing wrong with giving players the option. Secondly the trains that have a U.S flag like the M7A or a Union Pacific train is fine because they are there in real life. I have said that if it exists in reality, then I have no problem with it. If it's not there, give players the option to turn it on or off. That shouldn't be difficult to do. It is simply a political statement and it may suck to hear that and frankly it shouldn't be political but that is unfortunately how it is in the U.S at the very least. You may disagree and that is fine. Not everyone wants to play video games to be reminded by political issues or problems that are happening in the real world. I am not triggered or angry at all but I just think that video games should steer clear of these topics because it is just not necessary especially for a game in which you drive a train. A person should feel included regardless of who they are. I am a person of color and I don't need to see blm flags to feel included or welcomed. These symbols are just not necessary if they aren't there in reality.

• Like Like x 2
  38. redrev1917

Those of you are saying if it was a 20' container with the Maersk logo on the side that you wouldn't have a problem with it but aren't happy because it's on a 53' container without the logo, please direct me to where you posted your uproar to the fact that WCL has mixed era trains running side by side, where you posted your disgust that the SD40 is painted in CSX grey and this livery is the wrong one and the fact on a single run over the grade you see multiple SD40s in this livery, where you pointed out repeatedly that having such a high spawn rate of the UP trains on SPG was unrealistic.
    Then I'd like to see how many of you critised DTG/Skyhook for having multiple trains pass each on a daily basis on Cane creeek when in reality there's one or two trains a week.

If you haven't complained about all of these issues previously, but are using this excuse about your unhappiness about the rainbow container; then please sit down over this issue but it's obvious that it's not the fact that the container doesn't match the RL prototype but that it exists in any form in game at all.

• Like Like x 2
  39. Rybnicki

Last point from me because this is going in circles. Just imagine you're the copywriter tasked with writing that menu choice. What do you write? "LGBT content ON/OFF"? That would be some incredible PR, huh?

Love to those of you who saw this in-game content and felt a bit happier!

• Like Like x 6
  40. Blacknred81

I have issues with all of that.

Cane Creek
    -The issues with the AC44, included the incorrect side sill.
    -The exclusion of the correct uranium tailing cars.
    -The fact that very little of the mainline was represented.
    -The greenish paint on the UP ribbed hopper.
    -The CSXT EOTD

Clinchfield
    -Lack of alt paints for the SD40 and the F7
    -The spawning of the CRR SD40 onto SPG

SMH
    -The weird stacking of shorter 40ft containers on top of 53ft containers (Which is very rare)
    -The lack of UP branded hoppers for the grain trains.
    -The lack of proper UP train symbols in timetable mode.

SPG
    -Too much foreign power.

CSX SD40
    -Honestly should of been given YN2 or YN3 paint.
    -Incorrect font and run numbers

HSC
    -The outdated TOFC flat cars with euro trailers

All routes
    -European style trailers as scenery objects.

SO YES, I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH OTHER ROUTES IN TERMS OF REALISTIC REPRESENTATION.

• Like Like x 3
  41. tallboy7648

Well I wasn't a fan of the expansion pack. I thought it was a cash grab and I didn't buy it. It had many unrealistic aspects such as the incorrect livery for the sd40, and a reskin of the muchen 423. Nor did I buy Cane Creek or WCL nor do I plan on doing so at all.

42. redrev1917

I don't think want to know if you had issues with it all I want you to show me where you've previously made you issue over these concerns multiple times in the same thread repeatedly as you have done on this issue. So multiple thread links or shut up, thanks

43. tallboy7648

Two words: Creators Club

Allow me to be more specific. With your logic basically it is bad pr to give players the option to subscribe/download pride liveries then? I've seen pride liveries on creators club. They do look nice but I don't have to download them. The compromise that I have offered is very similar. It's like having the option to choose the liveries that you want on your train. You can pick this livery, or not pick this livery. I may want my train in a certain way, but another player may want to have it look in a different way. Having options is a good thing, not a bad thing. It's a win/win for everybody :)

• Like Like x 4
  44. Blacknred81

Sorry, I'm not digging thru my thousands of posts to do that. Especially without an access to a PC ATM.

• Like Like x 1
  45. redrev1917

Can we do that with the US flag livery trains then please as well? Oh and the colour pink offends me so can I have the option to turn off the pink One containers.

Then I'm not very keen on the fact some of the passengers are showing a little bit too much flesh for my conservative views. So can I have the option to turn these off as well?

See how pathetic it all sounds now?

• Like Like x 3
  46. redrev1917

TBF my comment wasn't directed at yourself as I know you are passionate about 100% fidelity, it was as more to those further up the thread who aren't so much bothered about these

• Like Like x 1
  47. tallboy7648

No not really. That's why we have creators club and livery designer to customize the train how you want it to be...

Heck it would be cool though if we could customize the looks of passengers and potentially add different models :)

48. Blacknred81

Would be nice if TSW2 ever got Livery Editor for the containers, would be the easiest fix for this mess of a thread....

• Like Like x 1
  49. tallboy7648

I bet that's something dtg will or could add for livery designer 2.0. It would be a missed opportunity if they didn't add that feature. Players will be able do fully design their containers the way they want and potentially share them in creators club if they so wish :)

50. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I have no issue with this, some of my best friends are shipping containers.

• Like Like x 17
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.