Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 3rd May 2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, May 3, 2022.

1. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

I like that the Bakerloo services are (finally) back. I also happened to notice that cathcart was called 'scottish commuter', which is just not acceptable. Scottish commuter could literally mean any route in scotland. In case this turns into a name for all UK routes, here is my suggestion:
    Great Western Express - London InterCity
    East Coast Way - Brighton Commuter
    South Eastern High Speed - Faversham Sprinter
    Bakerloo Line - Tube Commuter
    North Trans-Pennine - Leeds Express
    West Somerset Railway - Heritage Shunt

Annnd now for future route names for potential routes

West Coast Main Line South London to Birmingham - Birmingham Express
    Liverpool to Crewe - Crewe Steam

• Like Like x 2
  2. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

So are new route announcements via the roadmap or not? They said a while back that the roadmap wouldn’t be the place for new route announcements but last month we had the “German route” and today the new “US route”..

• Like Like x 1
  3. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Im sorry, but it's one thing to speculate about details on upcoming projects, but it's another thing to speculate about potentially nonexistent and hypothetical issues that might or might not at all even be there.

4. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

I think we referenced this in the past. Initial work was undertaken which didn't meet our expectations, and we wanted to return when we'd learnt enough to make a positive improvement.

Adam mentioned we'd watch the reaction to the release of the Harlem Line and use that as the basis for work on the M7 in LIRR. We do have someone assigned to improve this, but I can't say at this point whether it'll come out with the Preservation Crew update or be a later fix.

• Like Like x 3
  5. DTG JD

Announcements for content we're working on come in the Roadmap (US Route, German Route, etc.). We reveal the specifics separately.

Last edited: May 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. ggy

ggy Member

Route us is a freight or passenger route. can tell?

7. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

I never cared for steam all along. I love them in real life, but never cared to use them in a sim. Today's article and video teaser has changed my mind. I am now looking forward to this release!!! :love:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

I've seen some people in the YouTube comment section of the preview say the sounds briefly heard are reused from the old TS version. Is this true? Or are they trying to find something to complain about?

9. annadess

annadess Member

"Preservation Crew updates continue to be worked on, with our next batch of releases set to hit around the time Spirit of Steam releases."

Does this mean, we shouldn't expect any updates on the listed routes that have pres crew updates waiting until and/or after Spirit of Steam actually releases? Is this yet subject to change, or will we definitely not see any updates on them until we know the release date of Spirit of Steam? (which in my opinion from the current standings still looks like a lot of weeks if not at least 1-2 months away)

• Like Like x 1
  10. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

I guess placeholder sounds (if they are that) would fall under "work in progress"?

11. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

I see the issue with the video not being visible within the body of the article is still there. Sigh. At least I now know to just go and check the YT channel to view it but it would be nicer if the DTG web team just fixed the issue.

12. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Bossman Games i think is the creator of the sounds

13. DTG JD

Not at this stage, no.

14. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I'm really excited for Spirit of Steam now. Lately I've been making more of an effort going out to see railtours in person. In fact just last week I saw two Jubilees (45596 Bahamas and 46590 Leander) at Cardiff double heading a leg of the Great Britain XIV railtour. The following day I saw Duchess of Sutherland working the tour, which was even cooler.

It made me realise just how crucial it is that the sounds are right, not just in motion but also when idle, because it varies greatly. When the crew are building up a fire you can tell even when the loco is stationery. The "hiss" of the steam gets louder (best way I can think to describe it). Not to mention how deafeningly loud it is when they blow off excess steam! For the sake of my ears it shouldn't be TOO authentic but they really need to convey how loud it is. While on the topic of sound, I hope the whistles for the Jubilees won't sound like what's heard in the teaser. Both Bahamas and Leander had the trademark Stanier hoot last week and it'll be very disappointing if it's not accurately reproduced.

One question I have- when I saw Bahamas I noticed it actually had a double chimney. I'd love to know if DTG are going to go to the effort of going through the records of which Jubilees were equipped as such and make the necessary adjustments. Perhaps this is asking too much but maybe they'd even tweak the performance of these locos? From what I understand locos with double chimneys generally perform better and are more fuel efficient. It's not a deal breaker though. I didn't even know some Jubilees had them until last week.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

There is a lot going on, but we still have a number of newer routes with very annoying bugs, like Clinchfield, Sherman Hill and Southeastern Highspeed. When will these issues be fixed? I still think the speed for fixing issues is far to low.

On the Save function, glad that after five years this finally will be addressed. For me it would be OK not have everything solved in one big change, but say every two weeks one fix would be good.

• Like Like x 6
  16. pugilist3

pugilist3 Active Member

Hope the US route is Tehachapi or Cajon pass!

17. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Most likely they are finding something to complain about . You just can’t please some people

• Like Like x 1
  18. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

That's why it's called speculation. I did say I hoped it would come out with zero issues but the recent track record suggests that there may well be

• Like Like x 2
  19. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

I'm really excited for SOS but I have to be honest I'm worried about the playability on release as I bought BML on release after being excited for that but we all know how thats gone on console!

I hope we're able to play it! Because the yard looked great and the visuals look so nice! Really excited!

• Like Like x 1
  20. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

JD, any chance the loco DLC situation could be addressed in the stream please? As many have pointed out we haven't seen anything for a very long time now (and the route situation is quite sparse too).

• Like Like x 2
  21. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

My wife said as long as there are no updates I'm not allowed to give any money to DTG and co.

I hope they approach their problems during development for real now. I'm getting really sick of it

• Like Like x 12
  22. tallboy7648

Thanks for the response. I do find it odd though that a similar issue managed to creep is way in the Harlem line with the propulsion cutting out on the M7A and having to reset the throttle to make it come back for only for it to fade away again which is similar to lirr m7 when the audio cuts out so clearly the sounds on the m7a weren't implemented properly. Hopefully that's another issue that can be resolved

• Like Like x 3
  23. CowBoyWolf

There's updates like every 2-3 weeks most of the time

24. tallboy7648

Not really a fan of these names. London Intercity can also apply to the Brighton Mainline and Southeastern High Speed. Brighton commuter can also apply to the brighton mainline as well

• Like Like x 2
  25. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I hope it’s from Boston sprinter like the Worcester/Framingham line or the Newburyport/rockport line or the Haverhill/Lowell line for the MBta commuter rail.

• Like Like x 2
  26. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Some interesting stuff.

Good to get feedback on the Save Game even if there is no quick fix. Can I also request asked on the Stream if these fixes will extend to giving more than the one current save slot, preferably one for each owned route.

Joe's work on Bakerloo will be appreciated but concerned without the dispatcher and save game issues being resolved it will end up in frustration.

Another US route? Well TBH with the money I have invested in Run 8 and its two continuous networks of several 100 miles, I'm not rushing to buy any more American content for TSW unless it's something uber iconic.

Also a bit concerned to see nothing else for the UK in development to complement SoS. Not that I want to see yet another third rail Electrostar route but you need something to keep the modern image fans happy. Perhaps this particular torch has been passed to Just Trains, or another, ahem, effort from Rivet.

Intrigued by what the "huge" Pres Crew update to GWE might entail. Implies a major rework although we know the route mileage itself won't be extended.

• Like Like x 6
  27. DTG JD

I can give you a very top-level answer, which tallies with what is in the Roadmap - at the moment, the focus is on Spirit of Steam (which has two new locos within it), and after that, Preservation Crew updates and the core improvements we list within the Roadmap. Doesn't mean to say there won't be more at some point, but they're not the focus at the moment.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  28. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I have to say I am starting to like this new roadmap style. While risky I would still prefer a MSFS-style roadmap where everything has an ETA, but I guess with the whole "broken promises" mentality that still continues to this day I can see why they don't do it that way.

What I would like is a surrogate version without the details but with only the basics, and the "roadmap" section is still too spread out with the images and such, I still preferred the good old list.

It's a shame we don't have any details about the german route yet - not even one of the termini, or possible rolling stock. The new US route is interesting - perhaps that's what Cactusjuice was hinting at.

Can't wait for SoS and the new german route if it comes with some new rolling stock.

29. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

Which station do we reckon this is? Must be Hartford or Winsford?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  30. CowBoyWolf

upload_2022-5-3_18-3-30.png
    Prop Hartford

31. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

More than that. Back in 2020 when it released, Matt promised 450 services. According to the article we are getting 600. Wow!

• Like Like x 1
  32. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Gonna be a slow summer IMO. Hopefully once SoS releases, they'll have more to announce, even if they're not releasing until further down the line.

• Like Like x 2
  33. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

You can see abit of Hartford on the signal box down the platform. I like the driver poking his head out also! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. Rason Jankin

Rason Jankin Member

This Solari board for the update makes me wonder if our next US route will be a Northeast Passenger route. There are not a lot of Solari boards left in operation but there have been many in use. Ones that come to mind were 30th Street in Philadelphia sadly no longer there (I would love for a Keystone route in TSW), Atlantic City Terminal, Secaucus Junction, and more. Fingers crossed!

35. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

And it looks very accurate too from what’s in the screenshot. I’m thinking this route is going to be something very special indeed.

• Like Like x 4
  36. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

Couldn't help noticing "Clinchfield" isn't listed in the preservation crew projects. Is that an omission or is it just not being worked on?

• Like Like x 4
  37. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

Ah yes! Well spotted

38. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Still no modern image UK route on the RM, its going to be getting close to 12 months since the last inhouse modern UK DLC was released at this rate.

Thats a long time to go for one of DTG 3 core countries.

• Like Like x 6
  39. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

Maybe, maybe not. Lets keep positive about the Bakerloo timetable. After all the SKA updated timetable works quite well.

I m more in fear for SoS, really hope they will be able to pull it straightforwardly with no major bugs. It may be a good thing to bring some TS players... or maybe TS content editor.. If its an other Rush Hour on the other hand...

40. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

What do you think it could be? Another MTA Route to add more layers to the game or Other American Passenger Train?:cool:

41. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

I need to agree, and by modern anything post steam would be nice. Fear that we will need to wait a litlle more. A good reason for me to start a London- Edinbourgh in TS.. :cool:

• Like Like x 5
  42. redrev1917

Agree for the wider community Bakerloo enhanced timetable is a real positive. even for the likes of me who dislike Bakerloo and never play it, I guess this work around of the dispatcher can potentially find its way onto new route and provide a busier timetable than what could currently be achieved so Im sure all players will see some tangible benefit long term. And perhaps having more services will help immersion and convert me. Stranger things have happened!!

• Like Like x 4
  43. CowBoyWolf

Well its an route in USA
    Thats the only thing we know

44. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Gotta say that teaser got me really stoked!!! :olooks stunning to say the least.

second? third, or whatever number to echo everyone else a very good update.. mostly due to the information added to the key areas of interest. Excellent work.

lacking one thing though and most including DTG might not care.

missing trophies on certain PS DLC. Add it next time? Let us know your actual plans for what will be happening. New posts crop up monthly and I wait with baited breath only to read a really weak and meaningless update.. please aim a little focus on this :)

45. redrev1917

I sincerely hope that for PC where no limit in DLC is in place, that we will be able to mount all content, it would be a PIA to have to keep exiting the game and starting a new session every time we switched routes.

• Like Like x 1
  46. souleymane#2785

souleymane#2785 Well-Known Member

Totally agree. a little tired of not having a lot of trains running and of long and sometimes very long waits. it doesn't look like a subway

• Like Like x 6
  47. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

There are controversies my friend. At least here on PS4 Standard I experienced some crashes when arriving or leaving the Colonia warehouse contour, there is a service that integrates the journey mode in SKA that it is not possible to complete it, as there is a train stuck in the middle of the way causing a signal red, there is a service where ICE towards Aachen is waiting for Talent 2 to leave a station instead of moving on, some schedules are too elastic, they shouldn't have changed the schedules of the standard SKA locos, at most they changed the additional ones.

Add: It doesn't necessarily have to be this American route to be included, but I would really like NEC (which is that TSW2020 NY route) to come back, it didn't enter as a preserved collection due to some impossibility / incompatibility, which I don't know what it was, I hope she will someday...

48. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I thought there was a huge backlog in QA and the purpose of the quiet time was to clear that out, but the pres crew updates seem slow to appear, and to say there won't be any between now and the release of SoS is a bit of a shocker. Doesn't sound like QA are already busy with the SoS items as they are still in development so what gives?

• Like Like x 3
  49. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I am a little conflicted by the new ‘size’ categorisation for the PC updates.

Small - Bakerloo Line - 600+ service timetable.

Now that to me is the opposite end of small, it’s quite a huge thing for a timetable of such size to come to a released route.

Now as I’m a ‘veteran’ of DTG’s antics, I know better than to expect pretty much anything from their rather choice wording of things, however surely this is a very poor example of managing expectations.

Stuff such as Peninsular Corridor is on there as huge, so if a 600 service timetable is ‘small’ then what the hell is ‘huge’?

Cathcart is tiny, and considering the scope & quality of the route, I’d suspect it really will be tiny, but how much of a drop from small is tiny?

I dunno, to me this new thing they’re trying to do looks like it’ll be as much use as the DLC codes, when it comes to gauging content.

• Like Like x 7
  50. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I got the same feelings and wait for "totally easy to do" stuff like RailDriver support for the last missing locos, just as an example.

I should eat a Snickers

• Like Like x 1