Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 3rd May 2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, May 3, 2022.

1. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

It's when you exit in out of the external camera. That's what I noticed like if your looking from outside the train with the camera and hit the throttle then go back to the cab it's silent.

2. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

With SKA and Bakerloo getting much beefed-up timetables, can I hope that the same is in store for Sand Patch? Obviously, it wouldn't be several hundred services like those passenger routes, but a few tens would be nice. Especially if they're long-form multi-part activities like Clinchfield.

• Like Like x 2
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Speaking of approved TOC logos will there be an East German Deutsche Reichsbahn DR Logo available as pre made since DB AG owns the East German Deutsche Reichsbahn logo since 1994

4. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Please don't tell us there won't be dynamic dispatcher but have come up with a compromise >.< I'm a bit concerned especially if the 4th bit of the jigsaw wasn't needed. A puzzle isn't solved with a piece missing. To me it sounds like "this has become difficult but we've found a work around for this specific route only" but equally I'm happy to hear I can cause utter mayhem in the virtual world of LU :D

5. lug#9310

lug#9310 Member

When will the decals be released?????

6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The reference is to the amount of work needed. Some things with a huge impact are really quite simple. Adding a new timetable to a route isn't all that hard, if the route/dispatcher can handle the traffic.

7. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

There may be. This is the list we have at the moment, but we'll be working with Licensed partners where we can to get more.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Did I miss an update to Southeastern? I don't recall it ever getting rush hour passengers

The rest I think are all up there

• Like Like x 3
  9. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yes, I recall DTG often telling us just how easy the Bakerloo timetable has been to implement.

Or was it the opposite?

• Like Like x 3
  10. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I mean that's pretty much exactly what they said- it's a workaround, not a general dispatcher improvement, which is pretty disappointing IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  11. solicitr

The timetable was not the hard part, upgrading the Dispatcher was the hard part. Since that is considered a core upgrade, the amount of Bakerloo-specific work was relatively small.

12. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Except that’s not what they did, the work they have done is purely for Bakerloo.

13. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

LIRR as well needs a new improved timetable, its still dry as hell despite labeled "a busy railroad"...but Bakerloo gets an improved timetable which is cool but LIRR needs HELLA attention.

• Like Like x 5
  14. solicitr

If your goal is to upgrade your car's performance, and your list is something like
    1 install exhaust headers
    2 install sport ignition
    3 replace brake discs
    4 replace camshafts

and you have done the first 3, your car will definitely perform better even if you haven't done the last item yet.

15. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

No Preservation route updates until after SOS, has DTG been taken over by EA?

• Like Like x 4
  16. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be suprised

• Like Like x 1
  17. trainfan#4920

trainfan#4920 New Member

18. QNS Chris

QNS Chris Well-Known Member

This is a strong roadmap, and I echo the sentiment of several other members in agreeing it’s one of the best in a long while.

However, I find it incredibly disappointing that audio in general is not being addressed, especially in light of the attention to high-profile issues reported by the community. The in-cab audio issues - which plague the majority of routes in TSW2 - is a total immersion breaker for me, and for many others (if the forums are to be believed). I understand that there are many complexities and limitations in the new engine, however, with the massively upgraded audio present in MNR Harlem and Luzerne (bravo, btw!), it’s disheartening that this recurring and important issue on prior routes (LIRR, Boston, BKL, IoW, etc) does not seem to be getting the attention that it deserves.

Please, please, please address this and make it a priority. This is such a strong game and it’s amazing to me the attention to detail that the talented teams at DTG and third party developers give these routes. The sound is the last piece. Please fix this.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

As much as I am interested in, steam does seem to be "clogging" up everything else from proceeding ATM, first party wise at least. Hope it's worth the effort, for them and us.

• Like Like x 2
  20. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Nice to see PIS getting worked on for HRR and having it dynamic, this should help further for other German route pis issues as it usually tends to be layered related, once the old routes get the new pis the issues should begin to drastic reduce

anyone know the name of the passenger wagons the steam train is pulling ?

21. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Some more information about the new Bakerloo timetable coming from the roadmap stream:
    • 600+ Services that run from Midnight till 23:59
    • 16tph between Elephant & Castle and Queens Park (Off-peak)
    • 8tph that continue to Stonebridge Park
    • 4tph that go all the way to Harrow & Wealdstone
    • Railtour Service using the 1938 Stock
    • Depot moves and non-stop runs through the tunnels
    • Static stock located at Willesden Junction
    There is other thing about this timetable that wasn't brought up tonight and is being saved as a surprise for when we finally get our hands on this timetable (Something tells me this might have something to do with the inaccessible WCML part of the route).

I also think it's worth mentioning here, now that we know the timetable update is going to happen, this does leave one question...

…So what will happen regarding the timetable Rivet made for the 1938 Stock?

Considering that timetable is a copy of the current Bakerloo timetable we have at the moment, with slightly less services to accommodate the slower train, I wonder if we will see a similar update to that timetable in the future where it gets tons more services in order to have it be closer what the modern timetable is going to get.

But considering that Rivet made that timetable, I highly doubt that will happen any time soon.

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. metro north railfan 224

metro north railfan 224 Active Member

Speaking of licenses, I know you guys got the situation with BNSF under control and now have a global license.

23. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

They said that it will be an third timetable

24. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Where did rivet say this? I cannot seem to find this

25. DTG JD

Last edited: May 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 5
  26. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

OK, This Road map is more like it. Very informative with upcoming patches and updates and releases. Also nice to see the Bakerloo line hasn't been forgotten.

• Like Like x 2
  27. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Shadowing what other people have been saying - why is it that the next Pres Updates will have to wait just before or after SOS release? What has prevented it from being released, say, this week?

It'll end up being quite a big gap from the last pres update until the next one.

• Like Like x 17
  28. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

The new DTG timetable will be the third one not the rivet one

29. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Actually, after watching the stream, I got the impression, that some of the red light problems atleast aren't a matter with the dispatcher at all, it's more like...well, let me try to explain it, at something which I call the "06:44 Malching odditiy" on HMA:

If you try to run one of the freight services at 06:29 from the timetable (one eastbound, one westbound) you can easily complete these services.

Running the 6:36 or 6:39 RE (as well as the 6:39 S-Bahn to Mammendorf) from the timetable, everything is fine, as well as by spawning on foot at Malching at 6:40

But, when you choose the 6:44 S-Bahn from Mammendorf, when you arrive at Malching, you will see this:

[​IMG]

Both 6:29 freight trains are standing head to head to each other.

While by spawning on foot at Malching at 6:45, everything is fine again, as well if you take the ICE at 6:45 you will meet the eastbound 6:29 freight train somewhere near Pasing, so it doesn't seem to me to be a problem with the dispatcher, but well, where the trains are positioned on the map, when you spawn in the timetable at a certain "critical" moment of time. I guess maybe, they should look into this more than just changing the dispatcher again and again.

Last edited: May 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  30. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Still Very nice to see. Great you were able to obtain them.

31. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I highly doubt it would be DTG's intention on killing the modding scene. They are 100% aware of how important it is to the PC community and have actively supported it (for example bringing the cloud mod into core)

32. solicitr

It shouldn't be a problem. Mod .pak files are designed to auto-load when the route or rolling stock they are tied to load.

33. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I'm still hoping for a BNSF or ATSF route for the new US route. A steam era route would be amazing too. I still want UP Big Boys, Challengers, FEFs, and 4-12-2s on Sherman Hill or the Wasatch Grade.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Honestly, not a big fan of the vague new route announcements. I would like to know what is coming, so at least the community can speculate with that route, and give feedback on what they want out of it.

• Like Like x 8
  35. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Well this compromise is probably closer to reality than a 100% dynamic auto dispatcher.

It means, if dtg finds the last peace to replace the human factor for a working dispatch system, they would stop tsw and go into selling signalling systems for railway infrastructure.

So for me its Perfectly fine they managed to get 600 services. When thinking about the lenght of the bakerloo line, this will become very busy.

36. solicitr

28 tph over a 14 mile route is a lot of traffic

• Like Like x 4
  37. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

Nice, much more upbeat than some previous Roadmap streams. That Spirit of Steam teaser is cruel and wonderful. Also looking forward later to the Preservation updates as I am a RailDriver user. Thanks!

38. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Wait what?

• Like Like x 4
  39. solicitr

Ah, OK. I misread
    • 16tph between Elephant & Castle and Queens Park (Off-peak)
    • 8tph that continue to Stonebridge Park
    • 4tph that go all the way to Harrow & Wealdstone
    I added those together rather than understanding the extended services to be part of the same 16. My bad.

Still a lot of trains. And even more at peak hours

• Like Like x 1
  40. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I thought you was on the bakerloo timetable other week Joe when you replied to me about it. Crafty devil lol. Look forward to seeing it.

much better roadmap and I loved the bit at the end about mergers , it was clear pertinent forum points were being discussed.

Thanking you all

• Like Like x 1
  41. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

I'm definitely not disputing realism. I'm glad we're going to get an additional 600 services. But the compromise only seems to be for Bakerloo only at the moment. If the final jigsaw was in place it could open a can of more enjoyable route DLCs in future, with high volumes of traffic. But hopefully this is something they're still looking at. I wasn't able to watch the stream last night so I'm not sure how much more was explained.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Five years ago, there was a very clear promise on content creation tools. Now we are at a point the only thing that is really working is the livery editor. I can understand that there will not be a full set and I doubt non-professionals will be able to create their own routes, but creating scenarios is fun and definitely is possible. We got a scenario planner tool and for me it sucks. It does not provide the bare minimum of features and the design is of a poor quality. We got the promise this is the start of a new development and over time features would be added. I see nothing happen.

Some time ago we have seen something called scenario planner 2.0 on the roadmap. It is now completely vanished and there seems not be be any plan, even though there is a lot of feedback available.

This is again a broken promise, What are you going to do about it?

I have always supported DTG but I am somewhere near the end of my appreciation and trust in the DTG team, even though I like most routes a lot.

• Like Like x 9
  43. DTG JD

We did gloss over this a little in the stream, but it's to do with being able to put builds together. With the Core update coming with Steam, the focus is on getting that right (with help from our Beta testers), as this will update the whole game. It's risky adding anything else into that release. As with other updates, this then needs to go through certification with platforms, and that isn't always a quick process for an update that impacts the core game.

It's more of a 'let's focus on getting this right', so it's highly likely the next build will be the Spirit of Steam pre-launch update, with the first Preservation Crew update to follow after.

The builds for the other updates are being prepared, so it shouldn't be too long after, but whilst work is going on with the Core, we don't want to jeapordise that by adding in more new/updated stuff beforehand.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  44. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

It can be a bit disappointing and personally I think this is something DTG is missing in their business plan. For the time versus potential revenue stream there has to be a case for producing more loco DLC?

I consider TSW as my virtual model railway and as a railway enthusiast (modeller) I'm more interested in building my collection of locos/trains to operate than having a large choice of routes. Given the choice I would probably purchase more loco DLC than routes. But there are probably factors to be considered like the dreaded layers.

• Like Like x 2
  45. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

No worries, I merely wanted to check there weren't any false expectations lol but yes you're right it's 16 from Elephant & Castle, with 8 continuing to Stonebridge Park and another 4 to Harrow & Wealdstone. :)
    Mwhahahaa :D It took so much effort not to spoil the surprise!

Last edited: May 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  46. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

Yeah, while it is nice to know "something" is coming, surely they should have at least some idea what they are going to do if they put it on the roadmap? Why not use those enigmatic route codes they have?

• Like Like x 1
  47. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Unless I missed something, Scenario Editor 2.0 seems to have dropped completely off the radar and I can’t see anything about it on the stream.

• Like Like x 4
  48. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Postponed I think for now OldVern . If I recollect correctly they were pulling it down whilst they was focusing on some of the other issues. May have been a roadmap, possibly two back, that they mentioned it.

49. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

They announced some times ago it was out of the Roadmap unfortunatly.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Not been excited at all about steam, but I can’t help liking what I’ve seen on the roadmap and the preview video clip. Will I get it, really don’t know. I’ll see how it plays on the preview streams.

• Like Like x 2