Ts2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by daddygnome1, Aug 26, 2018.

1. daddygnome1

daddygnome1 New Member

if I go for 2019 , will I still have the scenarios from 2018 , or willI lose them ?

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Keep them most likely

3. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

It will only update the core engine - all routes, scenarios and DLC will remain unaffected

• Like Like x 3
  4. SimulatorDaz

SimulatorDaz Well-Known Member

Hi daddygnome1

Like LeadCatcher has already said, all current content will be unaffected.

Here's the link to the TS19 FAQ/information page - TS19: The Dawn of a New Era.

This might offer more information on the 64 bit version. Please feel free to ask anymore questions here on the forums.

Thank you :)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  5. BASI

BASI New Member

Hello everyone, excuse me, but, does anyone know the release date of TS2019?, thanks.

6. NekoNina

NekoNina Well-Known Member

Nobody except DTG does know it.

7. ARuscoe

If even they do...

• Like Like x 3
  8. hightower

hightower Guest

Whenever it is, it can’t come soon enough. These out of memory dumps are doing my head in!

9. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

LeadCatcher ’and DLC will be unaffected’. Presumably they know that the methodology they are going to use is benign to DLC and have tested to prove that. Effectively the way it’s written it’s a guarantee that everything will work.

However I do question the extent of the ‘guarantee’. Presumably it relates to all DLC authored by DTG and sold on Steam. Potentially everything that they are the publisher on? Would it extend to all third party software not sold on Steam - Remember some of that software uses unique scripting. A guarantee for every self built scenario or route? Anything people may have modified? For every hardware/operating system that is 64 bit compliant? Bottom line it probably isn’t reasonable for them to guarantee everything and it might be helpful for them to say what is and what isn’t.

DTG did suggest that after release they wanted people’s help in reporting issues so I think they understand they can’t look at everything and at least expect some noise. Personally I think it would be better for them to suggest that their may be some breakage (which might not be unreasonable) outside mainstream DLC. If it’s a blanket ‘everything will be OK’ and it turns out to be they will have done an extraordinary job.

We also ought to have some sympathy for route developers who have carefully managed around the existing restrictions and balanced memory restrictions now to find that they are removed. In particular I thought of a third party providor who has manfully worked on extending a GWR route under the current restrictions. My guess is that with 64 bit that would have been a much easier task and involved far less time and compromise.

10. BASI

BASI New Member

The errors with the current simulator are unbearable and boring, an average of 15 or 20 reboots of the game every 2 hours, is something unbearable, that is happening to me now.

11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If I run more than one Scenario I will Clear the Cache before running any others.
    I find the shut down and restart clears the memory and helps it run better

Peter

12. ARuscoe

If you're gettign that many crashes I would say that there's an issue bigger than TS with your system. The memory errors are with larger, denser or more complex routes so you shouldn't get them every three or four minutes mainly because it probably takes longer than that for them to load!

• Like Like x 2
  13. BASI

BASI New Member

My routes are always very large and loaded with decorative objects.

All these things and I do them regularly, years ago, many years that I have this game.

14. ARuscoe

Ah right. So you're using third party created content and expecting DTG to keep up with you. Gotcha
    To me that's a bit like trying to drive a clapped out Mondeo like a newly minted Ferrari and blaming Ford when you hit the tree

15. BASI

BASI New Member

I think not, that's like having a game with bad expectations, designed to work at 32Bits and expect the game finally run at 64Bits, it's a bit of a hassle, most games, if not all, currently work at 64Bits. ;)

16. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I have to agree with ARuscoe on this one. I too run many third party routes - many that push the limits of the 32bit architecture. but being aware of the limits, do not blame DTG. On those routes I will reduce my graphics levels a tad and don't suffer memory limitations.

Yes, if the game or simulation is a relatively recent, it will most probably be compiled as a 64bits, architecture, but 10 year old cores are 32 bit, untill they are either re-written or re-compiled to be 64 bits. Once recompiled that you have to insure all portions of the code that was using the old 32bit words still function as expected with the new 64bit word structure. Not insurmountable, but time consuming to ensure every function is checked and verified.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  17. BASI

BASI New Member

I show some images of one of my routes.

18. ARuscoe

But this one does not.
    You can either deal with what's in front of you or you get problems. That's how it works