Game Suggestion: Bus Sim World

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by karan#5946, May 8, 2022.

1. karan#5946

karan#5946 Well-Known Member

This game would be good and the first free dlc you can have is the 89 bus dlc and 99 bus dlc and 229 dlc for free. the photos of the buses for these routes are attached. Hope you will like this game suggestion

Attached Files:

2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

Erm I would probably just get bus simulator

3. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

There are so many games simulating buses already. Most notably OMSI.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Yeah, OMSI, the one with the learning curve as steep as a cliff.

Bus Simulator seems to be a decent game, and I guess Fernbus wasn't too bad either. But Euro Truck Simulator 2 raised the bar quite high for any driving games...

5. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Forgot to Mention American truck simulator

6. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Imagine the nightmare that ‘layers’ would be on this concept.

Although given that in any region most operators run a pretty consistent fleet of the same busses, I suppose that idea is right up DTG’s street.

In all seriousness though, I think the bus sim market is well covered, the only gap in the market is a more in-depth realistic sim for consoles, but with the PS5 & Series S/X, aerosoft seem to be making their route straight into that market.

• Like Like x 3
  7. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Honestly the only thing I'd like to see is a Ship Sim World type thing. Plenty of good Driving simulators - and Bus Simulators at that - already exist (though there is a gap in the console market atm), however there isn't anything really that lets you sail as you wish. The only games with ships I can think of are War Thunder and World of Warships, but they don't really count, as that's Naval stuff.

Or course, TSW's water currently looks horrible, but the Fishing games exist. And, fortunately enough, there isn't much scenery required except from land, which will be at either side of the map, and you won't see most of the time (excluding islands).

As for Bus Simulators, I think the TS/TSW model of DLCs is just asking for the amount of stuff required to shoot up rapidly.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

yes would love something like that remember the old shipp simulator games extreme ship simulator

9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Yes OMSI2… Some lovely buses in the DLC, but a nightmare to use. I can only drive with the mouse. If DTG were going to diversify a bit, I would rather it was into trams or narrow/miniature gauge railways than buses.

10. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

There aren't a lot of ship simulators around it seems. There's the older European Ship Simulator and Ship Simulator Extremes, but these games seem to have more flaws than content. Then there's the early access of BridgeTeam: Ship Simulator, which may turn out to be a good game, or turn out to be a bad game.

There doesn't seem to be a real market for ship simulation games. (Not counting War Thunder and World of Warships, as that's a whole different genre). There's a few bus simulation games around, but they seem just as rare as the train simulation games (there's a few, but not a whole lot). And then there's quite a bunch of truck simulation games that try to profit from the huge success of Euro Truck Simulator 2.

No I didn't forget ATS. I intentionally left it out since truck simulation wasn't the main subject, and because it was ETS2 that brought life back into the genre. ETS2 was the huge unexpected succes that brought truck simulation back. And while ATS is an equally good game, it still is ETS2's younger and smaller brother.

11. OldVern

At one time it was rumoured SCS were going to do a bus/coach extension into their truck games but that hasn't happened as yet. There are some unofficial mods which add buses and passengers as "walking cargo" but not quite the same as integrated in the core game.

Then there's this which has popped up on Steam, but I'm holding back at present:
    Motor Town: Behind The Wheel on Steam (steampowered.com)

As regards shipping, well there's a couple of yacht sims one of which purports to cover the whole world but as I can't even get my head round how sails work when the wind is blowing the opposite way to which you want to go, I didn't bother.

12. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I would not want to see DTG make a bus simulator. It would probably have the same fate as Flight Sim World. There are some decent bus games though such as Fernbus, OMSI 2, Bus Simulator 21 and Tourist Bus Simulator to name a few. There's also The Bus. For console players Tourist Bus Simulator will be coming out this Thursday however it will be current gen only and not last gen. It's about time Stillalive Studios had some competition in the console market. Although the concept of both games is quite similar to be honest since you are basically managing your own bus company in both games and making routes. TML and aerosoft I believe want to release games like The Bus and Tramsim for consoles someday as well which is good. There is a market for these type of games and these companies can make a decent profit releasing these games on consoles.

As for ship games, I don't think there is a market for a ship game but hey you never know

Last edited: May 10, 2022
  13. OldVern

The best shipping game was Silent Hunter 3, where you could stealth around and torpedo Allied shipping. Well, up to the point when they detected you and launched depth charges - game over!

14. andrewandjane66

andrewandjane66 Well-Known Member

Presumably you could only play Bus Sim World in Off The Rails mode?

15. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Well... there's railbuses...

16. euaningarfill

euaningarfill Active Member

Or olay omsi 2
    Or if your on console play arcade style bus sim 21

17. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Totally, I am not a big ship enthusiast, but I remember having some back in the day with Ship Simulator 2008, and I probably would enjoy a modern remake of a similar game.

Unless a huge company tries to enter this market I can't see a MSFS-like thing with the whole world generated, although I guess it could be done, but even a more humble project with a few ports and open seas environment could be fun.

18. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

A game that features London buses and routes (rarely usually featured in these bus sims) would be fantastic as there are many opportunities for a very expansive game with London being so heavily reliant upon the bus system.

19. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

as others have said, omsi2... it's thanks to it's ability for anyone to make new buses and maps that it's still going today,

it's 'replacement' is LOTUS, but most people won't pay what it costs... it's a hardcore simulator where everything works and is controllable as it is in real life,
    but people will pay 3 times the LOTUS price in DLC's spread over a few months,

but it does seem a few people want to play a game rather than a simulator,

to me a simulator is as close to driving the real thing as possible, so if you need to press a few switches in the right order to start a bus up, that's simulated,
    but others want to just get in and drive, they might be better off with driving buses in midtown madness :)

20. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The thing with the word ‘simulator’ is that you can’t just use it as a one size fits all description.

Look at something like Zusi compared to TSC, both are simulators, but one is more in depth than the other.

You can make the same comparison to something like Bus Simulator & Omsi, but the gap between the two is quite large, and I’d say that Bus Sim is definitely Bus Game.

Ultimately what most people look for is something that feels, looks and sounds asif it does IRL, all of which usually is only available in simulators.

21. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

The trouble is that OMSI2 is not available on consoles.

22. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'm sure that OMSI2 is very realistic, but it has a steep learning curve. I've tried it, but getting the bus started in the tutorial was more complicated than landing a plane in FSX. Nice for those people who like that kind of overcomplicated realism, but I'd prefer something more accessible myself. I'd consider games like Fernbus and Bus Simulator to be realistic enough while still being easy to learn.

23. OldVern

Indeed. I actually refunded it twice before sticking with it. Even then prone to crashing and as mentioned can only drive with the mouse. Joypad doesn’t work and keyboard like Twister for my neuropathic fingers.

24. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

Does it matter that much? The game is almost 10 years old so it should be able to run on almost any computer nowadays.

On that note, ZUSI 3 actually runs better than TSxx.

25. gazz292

Omsi and LOTUS is about realism in the operations,
    just like the real thing, you can't just get in a bus and press the accelerator and drive,

So it takes a little learning, you need to read the manual (shock horror) but once you have done that you get an experience that is close to driving a real bus, you really feel the underpowered engines on the older busses as you struggle to get up a hill

Thats where the other bus sims seems to fail, most of them its like driving a go kart, i.e. physics like the buses in mid town madness,

But then again for some reason a lot of people play driving sims with the keyboard,
    you can get a cheap force feedback steering wheel for ~£50 off ebay, a little more will get you one of the ones with ~900 degrees of rotation (driving force GT)

No need to go all out like i've done and connect a bus dashboard, IBIS, ticket machine and a bus steering wheel to the computer, but leave the keyboard for platform games, and you will enjoy it a hell of a lot more.

• Like Like x 1
  26. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I play omsi 2 using a keyboard and it's not bad to be honest

27. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Are you trying to ridicule players who aren't die-hard simmers? It certainly looks like it...
    Because I've consulted plenty of manuals in my gaming career, but OMSI2 really got me stuck in the friggin' TUTORIAL. No matter how good it is at realistic simulation, as far as accessability and learning curve it simply fails massively. Thankfully DTG seems to be a company that realizes that keeping things accessible is way more important than pure die-hard realistic simulation.

Yes, such as I do, because I play different genres of games and use my PC for all kinds of other purposes, including working from home, office files, browing the internet, etc. I don't want to go to the hassle of mounting a steering wheel on my desk everytime I play a driving game/sim, and unmounting it again when I want to do something else. A keyboard is simply the most diverse input device that does a pretty decent job at whatever you want, wether it's driving road vehicles, driving trains, browsing the internet or working from home.

28. gazz292

i've seen plenty of posts (across a few forums) from people complaining that TSW2 is far too hard,

they want to have the train spawn all ready and set up for them, and they want a lever on the screen to drag forwards to go, and backwards to stop.
    some don't even want that, they want to sit in the carriages and watch the scenery go by the windows for an hour, but still control the train themselves ??!!??

i have to say, i've not yet met anyone who's used a force feedback steering wheel to drive a road vehicle in a sim/game who are then happy to go back to using the keyboard,

you 'mount' it to your computer desk with 2 hand wheel clamps, you literally push the keyboard back a bit to make room, pick the wheel up and sit it on the desk, and turn the 2 C clamp hand wheels on the underside of the desk a couple of times,
    then drop the pedals under it, plug it into usb, and your set.

Takes about 20 seconds to set up and take down.... it's even faster to drive a train sim using something like a RailDriver, no need to clamp that to the desk, just push keyboard to one side and plonk it on the desk, plug in usb lead and go.

• Like Like x 1