Sand Patch Grade Explore On Foot Mode.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ericb, May 14, 2022.

1. ericb

ericb Active Member

The sand light is on while the sanding lead stick is off. The amp won’t move up as well. I truly think there a bug here. This is happening in explore on foot mode in sand patch grade using the SD40-2. If anyone can check this out that would be of good help. The same thing happens in Sherman hill. But please check the amp. That won’t move up. I want to say everything is released generator is on etc etc everything. Here the pic on the bottom

Attached Files:

2. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

upload_2022-5-14_10-16-56.png
    Throttle set to Zero tho

3. ericb

ericb Active Member

I know the throttle is set to zero. But once you start it up the
    I know the throttle is set to zero. But when I start it up. The amp won’t move. The loco won’t move. Seem like it has something to do with the sander light. This is a bug. If the amp won’t move the loco won’t move. The sander icon light is on. And sander lead switch is off. Seem there a bug.

Last edited: May 14, 2022
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’ll forget for the moment that this is a duplicate thread to the one you started yesterday. There’s no need to do that. I’ve tested this on PS5 and what you describe does happen and it only happened when I had spawned on foot before the train had completed arriving as an AI entering the map.

When the AI train arrived and stopped, I entered the lead SD40-2 cab and the sanding light was on. I was able to set the cab up as normal and when the time for the service to depart I was able to take power and get the train moving. The amps never showed up on the HUD or the in cab dial just as you described but the train was powered. After driving for a bit in notch 4, I went to notch 8 and lost all power and then I couldn’t recover the train, not that I would have wanted to continue driving without an indication of power.

If the train was already there when I spawned on foot, it worked okay every time I tried.

It looks like a bug and cross-platform too if it also happening for you on xbox. The train that didn’t work for me looked like it hadn’t reset to its default starting configuration for a service as some lights were set, the power switches were all on and the reverser was in place already, which the player usually has to set up, so the bug will be something to do with that I guess. The way to get around this is to spawn in the service you want to drive from the timetable menu, or get in a train that is already on the map when you spawn on foot, if that works for you like it did for me. Not ideal but it is a workaround.

The Technical Reports section of the forum is the best place to post future bug reports or send a ticket through the Support tab so that it is more likely to get picked up by those who could fix it.

• Like Like x 1