Wherry Lines V2 - Lowestoft To Norwich....

Discussion in 'Creation Centre' started by Pookeyhead, May 4, 2022.

1. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

....with my head out of the window.

Loving the rail corrugation sounds at 31:40

Can't stop driving this route... it's fab.

2. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Nice video, I love this route! Also I have a question, how do you get your game to look so beautiful? I would love my game to look that good! :D

3. Pookeyhead

Thanks. I use RWEnhancer and Reshade, and the game is also running with everything set to maximum. ReShade is perhaps the thing doing most of the heavy lifting. It's mainly the colouring Shader. TS tends to have very oversaturated, vivid colours straight out of the box, and once you calm them down a bit it looks more realistic. ReShade is a collection of shaders, not just one programme, and it takes quite a lot of messing around to get it looking right though. I was playing with it for weeks before I was happy with it.

Last edited: May 15, 2022
  4. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

If you don’t mind, what are your settings on ReShade and RWEnhancer?

5. Pookeyhead

Here's a zip file containing the config files for both of them.

Attached Files:

6. Pookeyhead

Bear in mind that unless you run in the same resolution as me, it may not look the same, as a great many settings are set in pixel size, or percentage. I run in 2560x1440, so if you are at 1080p it may look exaggerated, and if you run in 4K it may look too weak. You may still need to experiment.

7. Pookeyhead

Forgot to say. The RWE config needs to be imported via the program itself, and the reshade one needs to be placed in your Railworks folder after you have installed reshade.

8. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Thank you! :D

9. Pookeyhead

You're welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Sorry to bother you again but your ReShade file did not work, I installed it and put in the file. Also if it means anything there was no file to replace it with, I don’t know if it’s meant to be like that or not. ReShade only installed a folder called “ReShade-shaders” with 2 folders named “Shaders” and “Textures”, the Shaders file had files of all the settings options so maybe the solution is that I need your Shaders folder. Thanks in advance.

11. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

I re-installed ReShade with all plugins enabled, and it still doesn't look like your game, however it could be my monitor settings. Here is a screenshot to compare so you can tell if it look's the same as your game.
    20220515195631_1.jpg

12. Pookeyhead

The config file I sent is definitely the file with all the settings. The Reshade Shaders folder is where the actual shaders are stored, yes, so when you installed Reshade, you probably didn't install the shaders. It should have asked you which ones you wish to install. I probably should have told you to tick every box, as they're only small files. I have zipped and included my Reshade Shaders folder but as it's 48MB I can't attach it to this message. Here's a Drop Box link https://www.dropbox.com/s/8svkqm6bsmsx2r5/reshade-shaders.zip?dl=0 Copy that over your existing folder.

13. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

I did that and I took a screenshot of before and after putting your folder in, it stayed the same so that must means it works but I'm not noticing due to my monitor settings probably. Thanks again though. :)

14. Pookeyhead

No.. that doesn't look like mine. Here's mine at the same place.
    20220515111755_1.jpg

Also, if that is Wherry Lines V2, you appear to not have the branding patch installed as the DRS logo is missing from the loco.

15. Pookeyhead

No, I don;t think it is, as I see no colour changes, or bloom effects, which are in my settings. I don't think reshade is doing anything in your screenshot.

16. Pookeyhead

All I can think of is that you do not have the same shaders installed that I do. When I installed Reshade, I ticked all the boxes and installed every single shader, as they only took up a few tens of MB. Maybe try uninstalling Reshade, and re-install it with every shader box ticked, then put my files back in.

17. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

When I installed it, I installed all the other optional shaders, and yes this is not Wherry Lines V2. I have the Steam version of Wherry Lines and I haven’t upgraded to the V2 version yet. I think it’s just a problem with the config file not altering anything. I think you may have to do the tedious option and tell me what all your selected settings and settings configurations are.

18. SJA

SJA Active Member

It has been my overall favourite for a while.

I enjoyed your video mate. Can't go wrong with a bit of head out the window view.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pookeyhead

I miss the old slam door stock where you could actually do that in real life.

20. Pookeyhead

When you installed ReShade, did you tell it you wanted it to work with Train Sim by directing it to Railworks64.exe? You have to tell it what application you want it to work with.

Last edited: May 16, 2022
  21. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Yes, I selected Railworks64

22. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Also worth saying is that it works perfectly fine in game, I can open the menu in game so it’s working

23. Pookeyhead

When you open the menu in game, at the top, what shaders does it say is being used?

24. Pookeyhead

Here's my menu showing active shaders
    Railworks64 2022-05-16 06-33-55 overlay.png

25. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

None are turned on, which would explain why it isn’t working so you might have to tell which of yours are turned on.

26. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

27. Pookeyhead

Now they are turned on, it should be reading my DefaultPreset.ini file

28. Pookeyhead

BTW... here's a leaner, stripped down version. I noticed yesterday when I sent it, it was a bit bloaty from pervious settings and experiments. This loads literally only what is needed now.

Attached Files:

29. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Thanks and Just letting you know I found out the file needs to be named “ReShadePreset” instead of “DefaultPreset”.

30. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

One last problem (after unfortunately so many but I think this will definitely be the last), my ReShade does not have PPFX_Bloom or PPFX_Godrays for some reason.

31. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Turns out it’s because PPFX isn’t being updated anymore, I have to roll back an update on ReShade, gosh this is getting quite annoying. I think after this I will finally be out of your hair, sorry for all the trouble.

32. Pookeyhead

I never had that issue. Probably because I already have in the ReShade Shaders folder from older installs. Once it's in there, I think you can then update and it keeps your older shaders.
    Mine is definitely DefaultPreset.ini.... no idea why yours is different. Oh well... so long as it works. :)

33. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, they don’t let you download their older versions. So unfortunately, I may need you to give me an older install if that’s alright with you. (Anything before 5.1) I’m sorry for all the inconveniences.

34. Pookeyhead

No problem. Here's 5.02

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  35. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

Unfortunately PPFX is removed from this version too, I think what you have to do is send me the version you are using currently, or if you don’t know that, you might have to send an entire folder of your installations which I hope the latter is not the case.

36. Pookeyhead

I am using the latest version.. 5.1
    I think it's because I already have those shaders from older installs that I am able to use them.
    I linked to a dropbox link for my entire reshade-shaders folder further up the thread. Did you download this and replace yours with mine? That will contain all the missing shaders. If that isn't working, then I'm at a loss to explain why, as you have my DefaultPreset.ini, and you have my shaders folder... there's really nothing else left to provide that you don't now have, as I'm also using ReShade 5.1, so that's not the reason.

37. Pookeyhead

Maybe your "ReShade.ini" config file is not looking in the correct place for the presets config file. Open ReShade.ini with Notepad... look for this line...
    "PresetPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Railworks\DefaultPreset.ini" ...and make sure it is actually pointing towards your DefaultPreset.ini

If you are installed somewhere else, then obviously your path to Steam my be different.

There is also another line right near the top that sets this...
    "CurrentPresetPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RailWorks\DefaultPreset.ini"

Check that as well

38. Pookeyhead

Also... check "EffectSearchPaths" Mine lists all my shader families...
    "EffectSearchPaths=.\reshade-shaders\Shaders,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\PD80,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\Depth3D,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\OtisFX,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\Pirate,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\qUINT,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\Daodan,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\Fubax,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\AstrayFX,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\CorgiFX,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\FGFX,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\brussell,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\Insane-Shaders,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\luluco250,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\RSRetroArch,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\Radegast,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\CobraFX,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\VRToolkit"

39. Pookeyhead

One more thing... on the main ReShade menu overlay, at the top right, you can manually direct it to a preset config file. Have you tried this?
    Railworks64 2022-05-16 11-19-12 overlay.png

40. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

First of all, it turns out in the 5.1 update for me is that the DefaultPreset file name is changed in the update to be ReShadePreset instead so if you just got 5.1 you need to rename it. And I didn’t think of using the shaders file you gave me earlier, so I did import those and made sure the settings in the screenshot were correct. So everything seems to be working correctly now, here is a screenshot of everything set up correctly with your preset file and settings selected from the screenshot you posted earlier.
    B2B52D4D-BB31-48DE-954E-98DF596227A2.jpeg

41. Pookeyhead

Yeah, those colours seem to be a lot more natural now. Yours looks way darker though, but that is probably your in game settings, or a RWE setting rather than ReShade. It may even be the screenshot, but on yours, I can't see any detail in the 37s bogies for example. It's as if it's really contrasty and dark. And your colours still seem a bit vivid... blue of the sky and yellow of the 37 for example.
    2345533.jpg
    Are you also using my RWEnhancer settings as well? I also have colour adjustments in there set too.
    34575gf.JPG
    Glad you got it working though... was starting to run out of ideas LOL

• Like Like x 1
  42. Pookeyhead

Also in game settings.
    24010_20211124070759_1.png

• Like Like x 1